Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(33 Posts)
12Michael Mon 05-Aug-19 06:10:26

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey and wet start here in Brackley this morning.
Quiet day for me need to get my battery replaced in my watch as its starting to slow down.
Mick

NfkDumpling Mon 05-Aug-19 06:21:00

Morning Mick, morning All

Another still sunny morning here in the north of Norfolk. It would be nice to share some of the water you’re getting Mick, our gardens are awfully dry.

We’ve an appointment with the surgery this morning to decide what injections we need for our trip to Borneo next month (starting to get excited now!), then off to Go camping to look for trousers. And see if they sell leech socks! I looked on line and at £25 a pair and mixed reviews I’m not at all sure about them. Surely wellies and an elastic band will do as good a job?

Beechnut Mon 05-Aug-19 06:44:10

Good Morning everyone.
It’s cloudy and has been raining overnight.
I was thrilled with my make at the stained glass workshop I did yesterday. Some housework and a visit to the library are my Monday activities..

I hope you all have a good day ?

kittylester Mon 05-Aug-19 06:45:08

Morning all from a cloudy North Leicestershre.

Collecting dgd2 for a couple of days. We are going to see the Lion King this afternoon.

Good luck with the sock hunt nfk.

NanKate Mon 05-Aug-19 06:46:26

Morning Mick Nfk and All.

Dull sky here in South Bucks.

Keep Fit for me this morning.

Hope to hear from DS who returned from his hols in Greece in the early hours.

NanKate Mon 05-Aug-19 06:47:20

And Kitty and Beechnut.

ninathenana Mon 05-Aug-19 06:50:52

Morning everyone.

A grey but dry start in Kent. It's becoming a pattern, grey until about 10-11 am then sunny periods.
DD left home yesterday for the 4 th time smile she has boomeranged back and fro and had spent the last 12 mths here. She's not gone far but I will miss her.
Have a good day everyone.

BlueSapphire Mon 05-Aug-19 07:17:32

Good morning everyone from a very wet Northampton. It is supposed to clear up later.

Only one DGD today, the elder one is spending the day with a school friend. Will have to have a walk to the papershop again, as by the time I got there yesterday they had shut for the afternoon.

Nothing else planned today, except keep DGD amused; oh and ring the cattery to confirm arrangements for the cats' visit later this week.

Grammaretto Mon 05-Aug-19 07:20:12

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Sunny start here. Washing today, or laundry as the youngsters call it now. Gardening if dry.
We went to a beautiful concert last night of unaccompanied singing in a medieval church. It was part of the Fringe festival.
Hope today goes well for everyone.

gillybob Mon 05-Aug-19 07:29:06

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a bright start. The thunder , lightening and heavy rain arrived later than was forecast yesterday and we have more of the same on the cards for later in the week. I feel like I have wasted this last precious weekend and done nothing constructive whatsoever. Did I ever mention that I HATE Monday’s ? grin

The week ahead consists of childcare and “that place” starting with “that place” in about an hour, then picking all four children up for an overnight and all day tomorrow. It’s really hard trying to do very much with 4 children on my own and I think the forecast is for heavy rain which isn’t good. We shall see.

Have a good Monday everyone x

Lins1066 Mon 05-Aug-19 07:30:00

Good Morning Mick and all.
A sunny start here on S Welsh coast.
Shopping this morning, need to replenish the fridge and pick up an order from White Stuff. I'm sure we'll stop for a coffee.
Enjoy the Lion King Kitty, we took DD to see it for her 18th birthday.
Hope everyone will have a good day.

Marydoll Mon 05-Aug-19 07:34:08

Good morning Mick and all, from a damp Glasgow, I was woken during the night by torrential rain.

Mick, I change all the family's watch batteries. I purchase a packet of assorted batteries from the pound shop, it's extremely easy to do.
I knew I had done the right thing, when I saw our local jeweller using the same ones to change someone's watch battery.

I'm having a day in, a catching up day, including getting the wedding outfits ready for Saturday. I know if I don't do it today, I won't get peace during the week to do it.

I also need to phone my travel insurance company and put all my extra ailments on, that will probably cost and arm and a leg! sad

Wishing everyone, ahappy Monday, especially Gilly.

NannyJan53 Mon 05-Aug-19 07:35:20

Good Morning from a very dull, but still warm Black Country.

Had a great weekend in Glastonbury for the Extravaganza, The Specials and Lighthouse Family were fab. The campsite was very basic, but it was only for 2 days, and it didn't rain! Everyone was very friendly and chatty. Stopped off in Bristol on the way back for brunch with Partners daughter who now lives there.

Today I am packing to go to the Lake District to join DD and family. Catching a train at 7pm, and they will pick me up from Windermere. It's all go smile I will come back with them Friday.

Sounds like an exciting trip Nfk, will look forward to hearing about it when you are back.

Wishing you all a lovely day.

NannyJan53 Mon 05-Aug-19 07:38:29

Gillybob just read your post. I hope your children know what a gem you are, not many would or could do what you do regarding childcare and working! You are indeed a treasure, I feel tired just reading what you do on a weekly basis flowers

mumofmadboys Mon 05-Aug-19 07:40:42

Good morning all! Table tennis with U3A this morning and visiting a friend in hospital this afternoon. Have a good day everyone

Brunette10 Mon 05-Aug-19 07:41:29

Good Morning from a dull Fife, just finished a huge downpour of rain. Garden loved it though. No plans as yet for today will wait and see what weather is going to do. I do feel for you Gilly it must be awful going to a place of work that you hate. Marydoll I'm sure you will be looking gorgeous for Saturday's wedding. Hope Monday is good to all.

harrigran Mon 05-Aug-19 07:52:00

Good morning, it is cloudy but dry.
The storm never reached us, we could see the lightning but the rumbles followed about 12-15 seconds later so was not a problem. The rain barely dampened the ground.
GD still asleep, she is a night owl.
It is a shortish day as GD has to be back for her piano lesson so we will have lunch out and a trip to the seafront.
Thankfully I had a pain free night and slept well.

Alygran Mon 05-Aug-19 07:52:01

Good morning from North Yorkshire where it is brightening up a bit. Had a terrific storm last night.
Off to Center Parcs today. Meeting DGS and DD2 (his auntie) there. Problems on the M6 look set to delay them.
Hope everyone has a good day

Greyduster Mon 05-Aug-19 07:54:31

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It has rained here in South Yorkshire overnight and is raining still. We had thunder yesterday evening. We are embarking on a big bedroom sort out today. Oh joy!
Leech socks, NfK! Wow! Will they come in handy for the Norfolk marshes afterwards do you think? Seriously, your trip sounds wonderful; hope you enjoy it! Have a good day folks.

Urmstongran Mon 05-Aug-19 07:56:22

Good morning everyone from Malaga.

It’s already getting warm, the sun’s up but there’s a very slight mild breeze for which I’m always grateful at this time of year!

Gardens again in an hour or so. Set up camp under the palm trees then the adults play in the pool with the two smalls. Good job there are 4 of us to play ‘tag’ - gillybob I am in awe at your energy and capabilities! Kudos to you.

Hope Monday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Sar53 Mon 05-Aug-19 08:13:49

Good morning everyone from a sunny Essex by the sea. We arrived home from our long weekend in Liverpool, 5 hours on British motorways is no fun, late yesterday. We had a great weekend and the weather was beautiful.
Food shopping this morning, packing for DH, who has a business trip to Birmingham Tuesday and Wednesday and housework.
Lots of admin to sort out and documents for our holiday to print off. A busy week ahead.

Pittcity Mon 05-Aug-19 08:29:00

Good morning from Colchester where a light rain shower has just finished....the first rain here for ages but not enough for us to put the hose away.
Ironically DH can't go fishing as the local lake is flooded. It is a run off for the reservoir and they have been piping water down from the north to relieve them.....

EllanVannin Mon 05-Aug-19 08:35:15

Good Morning All x
Our threatened storm didn't happen but I knew someone had copped it by the state of the clouds that went over us and all we had was a pathetic rumble in the distance---thank goodness.
Sunny and warm at the moment.

Borneo sounds an interesting location. I could have done with a couple of leeches a few years ago to remove the engorged blood that I had back then. They're still used in medicine .

Some tidying up to do and ironing to put away. One of the cats has been in the linen cupboard and tipped towels and pillow-cases out. She does this to my underwear drawer in the bedroom too ! How strange.

I feel Gillybob's hard work with children and work combined. It's hard going. You do well, girl.

Auntieflo Mon 05-Aug-19 08:37:01

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all others.

Church was lovely yesterday morning, with the children giving a resume of their holiday club. One little lad is a youth leader in the making, and his tiny sister was a delight.

I had forgotten that it was a Bank Holiday, as DH is still having a radiotherapy session today. Thank heaven for the volunteer drivers, they have been lifesavers.

It's grey and damp here, I think it rained earlier as the paving is wet(ish)

Have a good day one and all.

Anniebach Mon 05-Aug-19 08:53:39

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

I so hope my younger granddaughter is coming today, haven’t seen her for two weeks.

Hope everyone has a good day x