Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(44 Posts)
12Michael Fri 09-Aug-19 06:27:48

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey wet and windy here in Brackley this morning.
Friday shop, followed by yearly eye test as I have glaucoma .
Quiet day otherwise .
Mick

Beechnut Fri 09-Aug-19 06:34:51

Good Morning everyone.
A very grey sky with quickly moving clouds. It has been raining.
My head feels so much lighter after my haircut yesterday. My hair is very thick and feels uncomfortable in the heat.
Shopping and housework this morning and watching 800 Words on tv after lunch and then who knows what I will get up to.

Enjoy your day everyone while dodging raindrops ?☔️

cornergran Fri 09-Aug-19 06:39:54

Morning Mick, morning All from a windy corner of Somerset. Heavy showers and a passing storm in the night. More than weary as little sleep, not storm related. Food shop this morning, little else planned or necessary fortunately. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

aggie Fri 09-Aug-19 06:43:53

Good Morning all , wet and windy ,all the bushes are being whipped about .
I managed to forget to lock oneof the patio doors so now have a bit of a puddle , luckily the wind was not blowing in

RosieLeah Fri 09-Aug-19 06:49:13

Good morning, everyone. The weather forecast was spot on...heavy rain and thunder. Lovely! It will keep the kids inside..let their parents put up with them for a change. I have to go out later, but I like the rain so I don't mind at all.

BlueSapphire Fri 09-Aug-19 07:01:10

Good morning from a very wet and thundery Northampton. It does not look good for a week in the Lakes!

Strangely quiet without the cats this morning; I hear they have settled well into the cattery.

Managed to get the grass cut yesterday and tidy and Hoover round so it looks neat when I get back.

DD and DSil picking me up later this morning for our long drive up the M6. DS and family arriving tomorrow. We have rented a large cottage for 7 people and 3 dogs; I am hoping DD has chosen well as she booked it.

Hoping the weather doesn't spoil people's plans too much today.

kittylester Fri 09-Aug-19 07:01:38

Morning all from a really soggy North Leicestershire.

We are not quite as soggy as poor DD2 and family who are camping in Lincolnshire.

Pootling and faffing this morning while dh goes to the dentist. Then we are out for lunch with another gner and her dh. We have free prosecco as dh recently had a birthday. wine

Ellianne Fri 09-Aug-19 07:19:25

Morning, London isn't too bad weatherwise at the moment. We're moving house today so I'm keeping up with your reports on the wind and rain westwards.
Have a good day.

Grammaretto Fri 09-Aug-19 07:36:26

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Wet again. I picked the right day for the Fringe yesterday and the right shows. It was so sunny I had to squash my raincoat in my rucksack.
Hope everyone's day goes well.

Bluesapphire I look forward to your daily report on the family holiday. Ours is in 2 weeks wink

Minniemoo Fri 09-Aug-19 07:36:27

Morning all. Lots of the rain in the night. Picked up our bronzed daughter and her boyfriend from the airport so I think a trip back to bed might happen later! I've only managed about 3 hours!

Ginny42 Fri 09-Aug-19 07:41:14

Good morning Mick on this very wet morning in the Midlands,where I am for the next few weeks. The rain is falling horizontally. I'm was planning on going home to Cheshire this afternoon for the weekend, but may leave the drive up the M6 until tomorrow with traffic and thunderstorms forecast.

Hope you have a good day everyone and avoid the worst of the weather.

Lins1066 Fri 09-Aug-19 07:41:35

Good Morning Mick and everyone.
Heavy rain last night, but we did not have the predicted thunderstorm.
This morning is dry and the sun is out.

Will have to do a little shopping at some point. Have a good day and a safe one for those who need to travel.

DoraMarr Fri 09-Aug-19 07:42:42

Good morning from a rainy Birmingham. My grandaughter is coming today, but not my grandson, who will be with his daddy. There is a puppet show in the arts centre this morning, so we will go and have lunch there afterwards. We will all be eating out this evening too, so it’s a nice easy day for me. Not that I cook anything more time consuming than pasta or omelettes nowadays. I will have to do a bit of housework because my second daughter, husband and the two little girls will be staying over the weekend, while I decamp to my partner’s.

NfkDumpling Fri 09-Aug-19 07:47:27

Morning All

Here in the north of Norfolk it was wet last night but it’s brighter now and the wind is only just starting to fill in. No news from DD1 camping in Cornwall. I hope she hasn’t been blown away!

Off to Norwich this afternoon to visit one of our museums with DD2 and DGD which has and exhibition of how things were when grandma was little. Should be interesting!

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 09-Aug-19 07:47:32

Good morning from Dymchurch, the wind and rain have arrived after glorious sun yesterday. We have to be on the move from here by 10; not sure if we’re going straight back to London or stopping on the way. I need to be home by 5 as there’s a choir gig this evening. It’ll be interesting to see what the builders have done, they were due to do our bedroom this week. Have a good day.

Resurgam123 Fri 09-Aug-19 07:51:47

Wet and windy in Cheshire.
About time to get moving.

Marydoll Fri 09-Aug-19 07:53:08

Good morning all from a very sodden Glasgow, it has rained non-stop all night. The house is so cool, I've just put the heating on. Brrrr!!!
This does not bode well for our seaside wedding tomorrow.

We had a lovely day with our wee granddaughter down the coast, yesterday.
We visited a small town, we haven't visited in over thirty years. We used to live near it, but never gave it a thought for a visit, as it used have a derelict, forgotten harbourside, but it has changed so much.
A stroll with Geoffrey, the pretend dog, watching men testing the depth of the mud in the harbour, (fascinating wink ) and a tasty lunch into the bargain, made it an enjoyable day out.

I have a few chores to do, then out and about and then packing for our weekend away tomorrow.
I intend to keep my head down and make eye contact with no-one, as I have too much to do. As can probably imagine from my posts, I like to chat and when I go out, I'm out for hours, talk to everyone I meet! grin

For those lunching, enjoy; for those travelling, have a safe journey; for those with worries and pain flowers and Gillybob, it's Friday!!!

Mick Good luck with the eye appointment.

Alygran Fri 09-Aug-19 07:57:59

Good morning from Center Parcs where it is pouring down. Home this afternoon. Our bikes have to be returned by 10 and they are soaked. Not looking forward to riding, at least we are quite near the cycle hire shop. Cars to pack then off swimming before lunch. Afternoon drive east to Yorkshire for me and south to Derbyshire for DGS and DD2 his auntie.
Put my feet up till Sunday afternoon when I drive to them for the last bit of my holiday grandma time. It’s been a busy 3 weeks but I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.

Sar53 Fri 09-Aug-19 08:04:45

Good morning everyone from a damp Essex by the sea. It's my eldest granddaughter's 11th birthday today and she starts senior school in September, where do the years go.
Her mum, my youngest daughter was 40 yesterday and they are having a joint party tomorrow. The weather us not looking good, it's such a shame as this has been planned for months.
Not much planned here today. Have a good day everyone.

gillybob Fri 09-Aug-19 08:07:19

Good morning from an extremely wet NE Coast where (typically) we have a severe weather warning in place for the entire weekend. Summer? hmm

Had supper out at the local pub last night, Thursday is shoe leather steak night . Jeez it was tough going. Still the 3 large glasses of wine helped wash it down and I woke up with a bit of “a head”.

Just finishing my cuppa and ibruprofen breakfast and will make a mad dash out to the car in about 30 minutes.....this is not just rain, this is M&S rain ! Infact if Carlsberg made rain well it would probably look something like today. grin

I’m smiling because it’s Friday folks. Yippee. x

Auntieflo Fri 09-Aug-19 08:08:22

Morning Michael, Annie and all others.

It's been raining overnight here as well, although I didn't hear anything.

DH's radiotherapy was cancelled yesterday, as the machine broke down. He was due to finish treatment on Monday, but will have to go on Tuesday now. Upside was, we went out and had a lovely time, and he felt better for the bit of gentle exercise.

I was going to go on the bus to the next town, but as there are (more) roadworks holding uo the traffic flow, I think I'll give it a miss.

Marydoll, enjoy the wedding tomorrow, and for all those on holiday, hope the weather is not spoiling things.

Gillybob, relax, it's Friday, yay! and to one and all, have a good day.

gillybob Fri 09-Aug-19 08:08:45

Forgot to add my little friend to my post. It just wouldn’t be Friday without her !

gillybob Fri 09-Aug-19 08:09:52

Oops....

Urmstongran Fri 09-Aug-19 08:12:07

Good morning everyone from an already hot and sunny Malaga. The Terral passed yesterday mid morning so it was much more pleasant altogether and I slept really well last night.

I had a manicure at the salon just outside the apartments yesterday (handy!) and I’ve got a pedicure and foot massage with mint gel booked for 5pm today. As with most small businesses out here she closes her salon between 2pm and 5pm. We were saying yesterday how hard it must be for outdoor workers in the August heat as it’s still hot at 7pm.

Hope Friday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Brunette10 Fri 09-Aug-19 08:23:16

Good Morning from a very wet Fife, it's rained the whole night and is still raining. Like Marydoll the heating is on. Woke up with a headache today for some reason so will be having a very quiet day today. I'm a fair weather person don't like going out in this horrible weather. Gillybob your picture made me laugh so thank you for that, you see your Friday's aren't all that bad. smile I hope everyone has a good day.