Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(40 Posts)
12Michael Tue 13-Aug-19 06:10:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky with some cloud here in Brackley , looks like a cooler day than what we have had recently.
usual bus trips out to Buckingham and Bicester shops plus coffees .
Mick

Marydoll Tue 13-Aug-19 06:24:55

Good morning Mick and all who follow. It's only 45 degrees here in Glasgow! What happened to summer? Oh we didn't have one!
Off to the doctors for my usual bloods, with a few extras thrown in this morning.

We have our wee granddaughter today, not quite sure what we are doing, it all depends on the weather.

Enjoy your trip, Mick.
Wishing everyone a pleasant Tuesday.

Bellasnana Tue 13-Aug-19 06:34:09

Good morning all from Malta where we are having a very hot, sticky time.

Had a power cut late last night so was plunged into darkness just as I was FaceTiming with DD1 in California. I nearly melted without the fan, but it came back after a couple of hours, thank goodness.

Hairdresser this morning. It needs cutting but otherwise it’s a waste of time in this sweaty weather.

Hope everyone has a good day.☀️

Beechnut Tue 13-Aug-19 06:39:21

Good Morning everyone.
Light cloud and dry this morning.
I’m off for a swim later and then have some homework to do and maybe some ironing if I remember it’s there.

I hope you all have a great day ?

RosieLeah Tue 13-Aug-19 06:49:13

Good morning, all. I actually put on the electric blanket last night, it was so cold, and I'm sitting here in a fleecy dressing gown.
I don't like hot weather, so I'm not really bothered, but I do enjoy wearing the minimum of clothing.

NanKate Tue 13-Aug-19 07:03:26

Morning Mick and All.

A pleasant day here in Leicestershire. We are being taken to Market Harborough today, a new town to us. Hope we can visit the Museum where they used to make corsets !

Resurgam123 Tue 13-Aug-19 07:09:18

Good Morning All.
I woke up too early again.
I am taking a taxi to my preop appointment for my Cataract. It seems to be the second one. As I have been told I should not drive myself I had to get other transport as early busses are not reliable from my home.
OH is away. We will not speak about the faffing OH has produced about how else I could get there. The problem is at this time Taxis are often going to Manchester Airport.
Or in school time there is school transport.

ninathenana Tue 13-Aug-19 07:17:41

Morning everyone.

The sun is out in Kent but it's much fresher than of late.
DH working today and I will be food shopping and having coffee before I pick him up.
Sweet & Sour chicken tonight, one of the dishes DH cooks.
Have a good day.

kittylester Tue 13-Aug-19 07:23:55

Morning all from a bright North Leicestershire. Gardening for me today.

kate, Market Harborough is lovely. At one of our Alzheimer's groups we had a talk by one of the staff from the museum. He was fabulous with our members, many of whom had worked in the factories or remembered them. Will you get to Foxton Locks or the bra outlet? And look out for the ice cream parlour!

Enjoy your days everyone!

Greyduster Tue 13-Aug-19 07:46:33

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire and we are waiting for GS to arrive. Not sure whether we will get far today as we are hamstrung by having to wait in for a carpet fitter this afternoon. I think some kitchen based activity may be on the cards! Have a good day folks.

gillybob Tue 13-Aug-19 07:46:49

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a dry, bright start. Something must be amiss. It will probably rain later as it does most days.

I have 2 days of childcare (today and tomorrow) with little Evie being dropped off at around 9am and I am picking the rest of the gang up at about lunch time. Looking after 4 is hard work and I’m exhausted thinking about the 2 days ahead. It’s not so bad if the weather stays fine but horrible if they end up being stuck inside.

I would normally take my dad for one of his big shops on a Tuesday PM but I can’t do it when I have the 4 DGC together as there is no space in the car. I can’t split myself any further, so I don’t think he will be a happy bunny. I will suggest he gets the bus down to mine which is easy enough but he is a bad walker and won’t want to go out. Oh dear, this sandwich generation thing isn’t much fun.

Have a good Tuesday everyone x

Sprout Tue 13-Aug-19 07:52:27

Morning Mick and all. Sun shining here in Kent not sure how long that will last. Enjoyed lunch with my friend yesterday which went on to dinner here at my place. Put the world to right as you do between us. House clean and tidy up today. Getting ready for trip to my Sisters in Norwich you know Petrol oil and water check on car the normal routine. My D back of her hols tomorrow and it's her birthday can't believe she is 51 where did that time go. Can't wait to visit my new man at the weekend. Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Lins1066 Tue 13-Aug-19 07:52:29

Good Morning Michael and everyone.
A bright start here on S Welsh Coast. Yesterday was lovely and sunny if breezy.
Mobile hairdresser coming this morning, then we are going out for lunch, not sure where yet. Will make the most of today as a wet Wednesday is forecast.

Have a good day everyone.

Urmstongran Tue 13-Aug-19 07:54:04

Good morning everyone from a pleasantly warm Malaga and best of all, it’s still and peaceful with NO WIND! Hurrah!

Not sure what our plans are for today. We go with the flow and let our daughter and son in law set the agenda as it’s their holiday time. I suppose we are too, by default - I’ve not cooked anything since they arrived and I’m getting quite used to picking up a menu each evening!

Hopefully Tuesday will be good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Grammaretto Tue 13-Aug-19 07:55:42

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. This is supposed to be the only sunny day this week so we'd better make the most of it.
Woman's hour yesterday was devoted to looking after DC in the school holidays. I thought of you Gillybob! Scottish children return to school very soon which will be a relief to some fraught parents.
We are off on a wee jaunt today through the puddles.
Have a good day everyone.

BlueSapphire Tue 13-Aug-19 07:58:50

Good morning all from the Lakes again. It is raining heavily at the moment, but it is supported to clear up later. Hope so, as we had planned on visiting late DH's favourite lake, Wastwater, this morning and then a trip on the Ravenglass to Eskdale miniature railway this afternoon.

A lovely day out yesterday; an excellent pub lunch followed by icecreams from the village stores, and a good walk along the river to the
'force' and back, which involved some rock scrambling and the dogs going for a swim. The weather was luckily sunny and warm.

Well, must get up as we hope to leave the cottage a little earlier this morning. Hope everyone's day goes well, and that you enjoy Market Harborough, NanKate; it is a nice little town with a good selection of shops, and a popular place for Northampton folk to visit.

Brunette10 Tue 13-Aug-19 08:09:30

Good Morning all, it is sunny here in Fife but rather autumnal, quite cool but it is August after all. Out today for coffee with a friend whom I've not seen for a few weeks so hopefully there will be a lot of catching up to do. hope Tuesday is good to everyone.

Pantglas1 Tue 13-Aug-19 08:11:11

Morning all from another sunny day in north Wales where the morning chorus was particularly loud today - our feathered friends enjoy the sun as much as we do.

Paperwork & financial finagling this morning then a visit to DD new home later to see what jobs DH needs to do before they actually move in - a handy man is good to know!

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 13-Aug-19 08:12:47

Good morning from east London, bright but still a lot of cloud around. Tennis was almost a washout yesterday, time for a warm up and got as far as a second game when it threw it down. Strange thing was at home, 4 miles away, it was obvious there’d been very little rain, the sun was shining and the builders were having their lunch in the garden. They must have thought I was mad telling them the rain was coming; then again, it did about 3 hours later. Nothing planned for today but there will be a walk fitted in as exercise is required. Have a good day.

cornergran Tue 13-Aug-19 08:16:42

Morning Mick, morning All. Light cloud over our corner of Somerset with the promise of a largely sunny day. Rain forecast forever after today so the jobs can wait and we’ll be off out for a walk to am always quiet local beach. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Auntieflo Tue 13-Aug-19 08:19:01

Morning Michael, Annie to come, and all others. It's bright and sunny here again, at the moment. Started off like this yesterday, just got the washing on the line, when down came the rain. So ended up with two airers standing in the back porch, to catch any passing breeze.
A friend visited in the afternoon, we had a great catch up, and tea and cake was enjoyed.
Today is the last day of treatment for DH's radiotherapy, wonderful. The time has gone quickly, and the volunteer drivers and the organising office staff, have been wonderful.
We are so greatful for them. Especially as I will be using one later today as well.
Hope all of you enjoy your day, whether out and about visiting nice places, working (Gillybob thinking of you) or whatever happens to come up. sunshine

aggie Tue 13-Aug-19 08:30:20

good morning all , bright and sunny but cool verging on cold , warmer dressing gown has been called into service , it is 10 in the garden so far
A lovely cousin called to visit , she and I were at primary school together in the distant past , we haven't met for years , we had a good old chin wag

NannyJan53 Tue 13-Aug-19 08:30:47

Good morning from a bright and sunny Black Country. It was a lovely sunny day yesterday, so had an enjoyable Health walk, chatting most of the way to a newbie.

Meeting up at DD's today, DS will be there with his two DD's from Lichfield, and I am picking up Mum. So 4 DGD's to be entertained, and an 89 year old smile

NanKate enjoy Market Harborough, I visited there for the first time a year ago, at a GN lunch meet. It involved a train journey and a GN member giving me a lift. It looked like a lovely town the little I saw. Must go back one day.

Have a great day everyone..

Alygran Tue 13-Aug-19 08:31:07

Good morning from the High Peak. It’s raining again but looks to be brighter later. Auntieflo I was doing the in out thing with DD1’s washing too! It ended up on the airer in the hall.
Penultimate day with DGS today. I have been his companion every weekday of the school hols so far. He is off on a cruise on Thursday. I shall be home with my feet up.
Cinema today to see Horrible Histories.
Hope everyone has a good day.

harrigran Tue 13-Aug-19 08:32:08

Good morning from a dry sunny NE.
I have a CT scan this afternoon, another investigation for unexplained epigastric pain. Thankfully I have had four nights undisturbed in a row.
Took GD home last night, last time I will see them until September. I can now get on with all those appointments I have on the back burner.