Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(35 Posts)
12Michael Wed 14-Aug-19 06:16:51

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning.
Quiet day in , maybe a small shop, and watch cycling on TV.
Mick

Pantglas1 Wed 14-Aug-19 06:28:06

Morning Mick and all who follow from a dull north Wales where it’s promising ‘orrible weather later.

Taking DD and DGS to hospital appointment at Gobowen for nine which is why I’m not in bed with my morning cuppa!

Have a lovely day everyone even if the weather isn’t.

cornergran Wed 14-Aug-19 06:32:29

Morning Mick, morning All from a very wet and chilly corner of Somerset. Sore and achey this morning but will be cheered by coffee and lunch with a GN friend. Feel for the families on holiday here. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Bellasnana Wed 14-Aug-19 06:34:47

Good morning everyone. I’ve just been to put the rubbish out and there is a lovely breeze. It is still extremely hot, though.

Still in bed, but plan to go and buy one of those floor cleaning robots. I’ve seen one that vacuums and washes the floor so am going to give it a try. My floors are shiny tiles (would never have chosen them myself) and with a dog prancing about they never look clean. I hope it works!

Hope everyone has a good day.☀️

aggie Wed 14-Aug-19 06:38:25

Good Morning from a very wet Co Armagh . How come I can't sleep in when I have no reason to get up ? Made a drink and going back to bed

NannyJan53 Wed 14-Aug-19 06:42:10

Good Morning from a grey and drizzly Black Country

It was a gorgeously sunny day yesterday, so DD, DS, Mum and the four DGD's and myself (of course smile had a lovely picnic, then a walk in the countryside.

Today I am meeting a friend for lunch in Bridgnorth, then onto DD's to stay over with the DGD's whilst DD and SIL go away overnight to deepest Shropshire for their wedding anniversary. 17 years! How did that happen?

So I have an 11 and 8 year old to entertain tomorrow. What we do will depend on the weather I think.

Wishing everyone a good day.

NanKate Wed 14-Aug-19 06:59:45

Morning Mick and All.

Rain is forecast here in Leicestershire.

Had a lovely day in Market Harborough yesterday, it was as nice as a number of you had said. Then a delicious supper at an Italian restaurant in Quorn. Off to see Cats today at the matinee in Kilworth. It’s all go.

Sprout Wed 14-Aug-19 07:02:33

Morning Mick and all. It's dry here in Kent but not sure what the weather is going to be later. My D birthday today 51 still can't believe how quickly that has gone by. For 1 month both my D and my Son are the same age was a story at the time. I am sure many births happen like that now. Chineese family meal tonight so must watch what I eat today. Lost quite a bit of weight which is hard work so don't want to put it back on now. Quiet day just some pottering gardener cut the grass yesterday so a little tidy up in order. Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Beechnut Wed 14-Aug-19 07:12:59

Good Morning from a cloudy and wet Severnside.

A bit of housework, a few errands and a trip to the library today.

I hope you all enjoy the day whatever the weather ?

kittylester Wed 14-Aug-19 07:19:59

Morning all from a slightly soggy Leicestershire.

I did lots of gardening yesterday so today's forecast rain is welcome. Hair and shopping today. It always rains when I have my hair done!

Glad you liked Market Harborough, Kate. Enjoy Cats!

Enjoy your days e everyone.

Brunette10 Wed 14-Aug-19 07:25:05

Good Morning all, it's dull here in Fife and I think it may rain later on. It's Wed so we have our DDG's today so I hope it doesn't rain all day. We shall have to get out thinking caps on for in-house games. Have a good day everyone.

Grammaretto Wed 14-Aug-19 07:31:48

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's supposed to rain all day but hasn't started yet. Pesky forecast!
More house guests are due today.
First I must get my newly painted sitting room back in order.
I am tired just thinking of it.
Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Wed 14-Aug-19 07:34:21

Good morning from a cool Glasgow, I've just put the heating on, its only 11°C outside.

I had a very disturbed night lots of strange dreams, where everyone was speaking Welsh. (I didn't know I could speak Welsh! grin) Yesterday,

Out early to pick up a parcel, a quick browse around the shops and then catching up on chores. Our schools are back on Monday and the shops will be very busy with families buying uniforms.
Since I retired, I have tried to avoid schoolchildren! grin
I may do some baking, as everyone will descend on us tomorrow, knowing my wee granddaughter will be here.

Gillybob, hope you are feeling a bit better. (I read your post on another thread). You are not being unreasonable. flowers

Hoping Harrigran's scan went well yesterday.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

Urmstongran Wed 14-Aug-19 07:39:59

Good morning everyone from Malaga where we have a sea mist and a lovely refreshing waft of air now and again. Slept well last night. We all went to the mini golf at 9pm last night when it was a bit cooler - lots of young families with the same idea! Tex Mex food afterwards.

Our family are halfway through their holiday now so I bet the second half races past.

Hope Wednesday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

BlueSapphire Wed 14-Aug-19 07:45:54

Good morning from another wet day in the Lake District. DS and family go home today, as they are off to Menorca tomorrow, where I am sure the weather will be lovely for them. The rest of us here till Friday.

Another lovely day out yesterday, and the weather was kind to us. We visited late DH's favourite lake, Wastwater, and scattered the rest of his ashes in a quiet secluded spot at the water's edge. I think he would have approved, as he did a lot of his sub-aqua training in this lake, and was never happier than when he was under water. It is the deepest lake in England and he was proud to say that he had dived to the bottom of it. We then repaired to the local hostelry and drank a toast to him.

Then off to Eskdale for a trip to Ravenglass and back on the little steam railway, which was much enjoyed by all. It was warm enough to sit in the open carriages and enjoy the beautiful countryside.

Then back to the cottage where DS cooked a wonderful curry.

Hope everyone's day goes well. Not sure what DD, DSil and I will be doing; we may go out for a meal this evening, but will probably spend the rest of the day trying to finish a fiendishly difficult jigsaw!

The photo shows the water's edge where we scattered DH's ashes; the DGDs are trying skim stones, their uncle is a dab hand at it!

MawB Wed 14-Aug-19 07:55:25

Good morning from a slightly cool corner of N Bucks.
Third day of DGD (4) staying with Granny. I am glad to say we both had a better night than Monday ????
Fun yesterday at Loughton Equestrian Centre for 45 minutes of “Pony, Pat and Play” a lovely introduction to horses and ponies for little people.
Gosh, it is full on though isn’t it?
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Marydoll Wed 14-Aug-19 07:57:26

Morning Maw, I was just thinking I hadn't seen you on this thread recently! Good to see you.

Resurgam123 Wed 14-Aug-19 08:09:47

Maw rides again.wink

Greyduster Wed 14-Aug-19 08:17:16

Good morning Michael and all GNs. We have lost the sun in South Yorkshire today and rain is in for the day. GS has been here overnight and his phone alarm went off at half past six!! Fortunately he went back to sleep. Lucky for some. We may go to the cinema today and then he goes home for the rest of the week.
Iachi da, Marydoll! Have a good day, folks.

Lins1066 Wed 14-Aug-19 08:18:54

Good Morning Michael and all, though perhaps I should say Bore Da to you Marydoll ?

A very wet start here on S Welsh coast. The window cleaner came yesterday afternoon, so that's why it's raining, always does after he's been.
Will do some ironing this morning, and we are minding a very excited little dog, maybe a walk later if it dries up.
Wishing everyone a good day.

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 14-Aug-19 08:25:33

Good morning from east London, it’s looking increasingly grey here. Tennis at 9.30 so I’m hoping the rain holds off for a little bit at least. Summer choir this evening which will provide some light relief from the building works. (I feel there’s some sort of retribution going on here, my early career involved estate modernisation work which was new kitchens and bathrooms, double glazing and central heating all within 20 working days with tenants in occupation).
Have a good day.

gillybob Wed 14-Aug-19 08:27:05

Another miserable start to the day here on the NE Coast which just about suits my mood at the moment . Rain forecast (again) in about an hour .

I have had a “bit of a night” with little Miss Evie who was very late to bed after a second trip to the park with her big cousins at 7pm . She had the best time playing on the swings and chasing after the football, barely went in her buggy at all . I thought she would’ve slept like a log ! But she woke crying at 2am and again at 4.30 when I gave her a bottle even though she normally only has 1 for bed. I then brought her in with me (naughty I know but what DD doesn’t know won’t hurt her ) . wink

It’s now gone 8 am and she is currently lying in the middle of a double bed in a kind of squiggle position and I am hovering in about an inch of space on the end grin her big cousins are all still zonked next door . The calm before the storm !

Apologies to all of those who read my miserable thread from yesterday . I think things are getting a bit on top of me just now .

Hope Harri got some positive news from her CT scan .

Have a good Wednesday all x

Luckygirl Wed 14-Aug-19 08:27:28

Morning from the wet Welsh border. Up early with OH's ranting paranoia (he has PD) - apparently I am in a plot to murder him - I am getting used to this.

But........at 10 I will flee the premises and leave the carer to deal with it while I go to my lovely peaceful restful stitching group. We are making panels showing the history of the old village hall to put up in the fabulous new community centre. I learn new techniques and enjoy the company of the other ladies (and one man) - a nice cup of tea and sanity around me!

It sounds as though GC care is much to the fore for many today - enjoy!

Harris27 Wed 14-Aug-19 08:41:21

Well itsna dull miserable day in the ne. Where has our summer gone? Sorry you had disturbed night gillybob you do so much as well!! I wish I was as fit as you. Off to work at 11 and fin at 5.30! Holidays looming can't wait. Son number 1 in Mexico with family and said its very hot had lovely conversation with him yesterday as he cooled down in his room with air con on!! Happy Wednesday all!

oldgaijin Wed 14-Aug-19 08:58:21

Good morning from a bright and sunny Aberdeenshire, tho' it started like this yesterday before sudden showers of rain, so I won't be in a hurry to get the washing out.

Was signed off from the renal clinic yesterday, hurrah! Any change in kidney function should be picked up in pre chemo blood tests.

The new dish washer arrived yesterday so it was a good opportunity to scrub the floor of thirteen years of accumulated nastiness...where did the tennis ball come from? The mutt has claimed it as his own.

Optician this morning at 10.00 so had better get a move on.

Have a good day everyone.