Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morninng Thursday

(35 Posts)
12Michael Thu 15-Aug-19 06:08:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking grey but dry at present here in Brackley this morning.
Coffees etc in Bicester and Buckingham today on the buses .
Mick

Greyduster Thu 15-Aug-19 06:11:43

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Early birds, you and I it seems, Mick. Set to be a clear day in South Yorkshire but a grumpy sleep deprived Greyduster here. We are shopping and pottering about today - if I can stay awake. Another coffee should help. Have a good day, all.

BlueSapphire Thu 15-Aug-19 06:20:07

Good morning all from yet another wet morning in the Lakes! It is supposed to be sunny later so we are planning on a Windermere steamer trip today.

DS and family went home yesterday, so it is strangely quiet now. It rained all day yesterday; I stayed in with the dogs while DD and DSil went to the shops. The fiendish jigsaw is nearly finished and we are under instructions to send a photo to the DGDs on completion.

Hope the day goes well for all.

Beechnut Thu 15-Aug-19 06:25:40

Good Morning everyone from a dry and brightening Severnside.
Weekly shop a day early as I am dog sitting for a few days. U3a this afternoon and a visit from DD and SiL.
Feeling a little tired as I wanted to watch the film Me Before You and went to bed late. I expect I’ll catch up on my sleep, I don’t usually need much rocking.

I hope you all have a lovely sunny day ?

Grammaretto Thu 15-Aug-19 06:26:12

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders . It's bright and clear here.
I wish I could sleep a bit longer as it's going to be a long day.
Helping to build a compost bin this morning and going to a concert tonight. It's the plan anyway.

Hope your plans work out today.

Marydoll Thu 15-Aug-19 06:44:54

Good morning all from a breezy and damp Glasgow. It is 57 degrees, but feels much cooler. The heating is on in readiness for DGD's visit.

My former colleagues are back at school today and the children back on Monday, so this will be the last early morning start until half term, as DGD will be back at nursery. Hurray!!!

We are planning our last trip down the coast today with DGD to her favourite resort. Our main purpose is to visit the Scotch pie shop and also pick up some delicious cakes.
Then the diet starts in preparation for DD's wedding.

I think we may need to wear our winter woolies. Brrrr! We won't be staying as long as usual, as thunderstorms ? are forecast and those country roads flood so easily.

Enjoy your day, whatever your plans and for those with pain or worries, flowers.

ninathenana Thu 15-Aug-19 06:45:21

Good morning everyone.

Blue sky and sunshine in Kent.
Another disturbed night, I've been up since 5 am. I did get to see one of the foxs on the patio though. I thought they had all moved on.
Decorating nearly done. We just have to put things back now.
Have a good day.

Marydoll Thu 15-Aug-19 06:47:48

PS, M&S have another sale on! just started today.
They have obviously been left with lots of summer stock, no surprise here in Scotland.

Pantglas1 Thu 15-Aug-19 06:50:33

Morning all from a dry but dull north Wales. Awaiting delivery of new dishwasher this being my third in thirty years - is that a lot?

Went to see Mousetrap in Llandudno with DD last night - interesting and neither of us guessed whodunnit!

kittylester Thu 15-Aug-19 06:51:53

Morning all from a bright and, currently, dry North Leicestershire.

Meeting a lovely gner for coffee before she goes home after visiting family in the village.

Then back down to earth with a trip to Sainsbury's after lunch.

Newquay Thu 15-Aug-19 06:57:35

Morning all from a grumpy tired Newquay. Went to bed about 1am cos, although tired, wasn’t sleepy. Woke briefly at 3am and been awake now since just after 5☹️ Taking DGC to NT place about half an hour away. Weather dryer-I Hope! Will be so tired (again) today! Will tell DH when he wakes to call me Ratty today!
Hope everyone else has a good day

NanKate Thu 15-Aug-19 06:59:30

Morning Mick and All.

Awake and bushy tailed for our last hour or so at our relatives before I sneak out for coffee with my GN pal. ?

Nannytopsy Thu 15-Aug-19 07:02:12

Morning all! An unsettled night as our cat decided he wanted fuss and adoration from 3.45am onwards. We think he has gone very deaf and possibly is developing dementia. DH’s off to school already for his final set of A level results - another “last”!
Best wishes everyone x

Justme67 Thu 15-Aug-19 07:15:17

Good morning all, there is a big yellow round thing in the sky, and it is not raining. Enjoy your days

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 15-Aug-19 07:32:18

Good morning from east London, bright at the moment. My tennis was rained off yesterday so we went to an interesting exhibition at the Museum of docklands on the secret rivers of London. Basically, they are all over the place. Off to help at the foodbank this morning, then picking up GD at tea time to take her home for a long weekend. She’s going to the 20 week scan with DD tomorrow to see ‘Pip’ so will be very excited about that. Have a good day.

Lins1066 Thu 15-Aug-19 07:35:50

Good Morning Mick and all. Dry, bright and breezy here on S Welsh coast.
Good luck to all A Level students. I am very glad I no longer have to go to school to find out how my students fared.

Sprout Thu 15-Aug-19 07:38:27

Morning Mick and all. Dry at the moment here in Kent. Quiet day for me. Had lovely meal with my D/GD/GS last night. Still feel full up. So only a cuppa this morning. Going to the coast tomorrow for a few days with my new man then to my sisters in Norwich for 5 days with my B and wife. Holiday looming in Spain can't wait. Have a good day everyone.

Brunette10 Thu 15-Aug-19 07:39:45

Good Morning to all from a bright but windy Fife. It's also rather on the cool side. DGS's were a treat yesterday but have to say feeling quite tired today. We have quite a bit of a journey to do to visit family today so will put my tiredness to one side. Hope you all have a good Thursday.

cornergran Thu 15-Aug-19 08:01:13

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy corner of Somerset. Seems a disturbed night for many. Unusually I slept very well so why do I feel exhausted? Not sure how the day will unfold, if it stays dry will be off out for a wander, no idea where though. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

Urmstongran Thu 15-Aug-19 08:07:10

Good morning everyone from gloriously sunny Malaga. It’s 30°C for the next 10 days. Thank goodness for the gardens here - grass instead of hot sand for baby feet, pools to swim in.

We stay here all day as otherwise it’s ‘mad dogs and Englishmen ...’ plus as our daughter always says ‘why try to make a happy baby, happier?’ They are having fun doing the same thing every day as they each have their own mini group of age appropriate friends to share fun and toys with.

Off to our favourite restaurant tonight about 9pm. It’s Argentinian and Sebastian is a fantastic cook. His restaurant is only across the road from our apartment block which is wonderful.

Hope Thursday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

harrigran Thu 15-Aug-19 08:11:31

Good morning from a dry NE where the sun is just emerging.
Hurray, I slept through the night without pain.
Stay at home day, DH already has the washer on, I might catch up with some TV.

Auntieflo Thu 15-Aug-19 08:16:07

Good morning Michael, Annie to come, and all others.

Oh my, it's good to be on here! We lost our internet connection all day yesterday. It's surprising how I take it for granted, and 'a quick look up' can't be done.

I am meeting a lovely GN friend for coffee this morning, so had better stir my stumps and get up.

Enjoy your day one and all.

gillybob Thu 15-Aug-19 08:22:24

Good morning from the NE coast where it was a dull start early on but brightening as I type, the weather forecast says it won’t rain today. hmm

I’m just about ready to head off to “that place” where there will be a lot to catch up on after 2 days away. Yuk.

The children all went home (later than expected ) last night and DH did not get back until after 11 pm (when I had to hear the usual post mortem of the job .....yawn)

Anyway it meant my plan to take my dad shopping went out of the window. Oh dear.

Never mind I got stuck in with the housework, vacuumed right through and washed the sticky floors, Children’s beds all stripped and in the wash but not confident in the weather holding to hang them today.

theres a big yellow round thing in the sky

Really Justme67 ? Could it possibly be the much elusive sunshine that we have seen so little of this summer? Or are you hallucinating again?

Nothing in the slightest bit exciting to post....sorry.

I hope all those on holiday continue to have a lovely time. I bet your counting the days Sprout

Thank you all for your friendship . Have a lovely day x

Anniebach Thu 15-Aug-19 08:55:40

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

vena11 Thu 15-Aug-19 09:07:12

Morning everyone , enjoy the day .