Gransnet forums

Chat

Any one else cold?

(37 Posts)
Bopeep14 Thu 15-Aug-19 11:33:42

I am sat here in my winter woolies seriously thinking of putting the heating on.
Its only August where has summer gone.
Its blowing a gale outside and looking like rain.
Anyone else cold?

rockgran Thu 15-Aug-19 11:35:22

Ive got my newly knitted jumper on- very cosy!

RosieLeah Thu 15-Aug-19 11:37:43

I've been putting the electric blanket on the past few nights and I've had the radiators on first thing and in the evening.

However, it seems a warm spell is on the way before Autumn arrives.

crazyH Thu 15-Aug-19 11:39:00

Yes, got the heating on.

Pantglas1 Thu 15-Aug-19 11:41:03

Jeans and a fleece and slipper socks but no heating......

Teetime Thu 15-Aug-19 12:08:25

Yes its chilly had the heating on for an hour last night and seriously considering putting the 10 tog duvet on.

EllanVannin Thu 15-Aug-19 12:15:52

I've had the fire on for a couple of hours the last 3 nights. I've worn jumpers since that hot spell. Haven't got round to the vest and tights yet as I'm not going to feel any benefit when we do have winter.
I feel the cold at the best of times so it's miserable when you're wearing jumpers mid-summer too.

Bathsheba Thu 15-Aug-19 12:16:48

Well it must be getting a bit chillier, as I haven't had the fan on in the bedroom for the last two nights. But I'm nowhere near putting the heating on though shock

WOODMOUSE49 Thu 15-Aug-19 12:44:44

A couple of hours working in the polytunnel keeps me sweaty! even on days like this. Just come out for a break and cool down.

MissAdventure Thu 15-Aug-19 12:46:44

I don't think I've been cold since about 2009!
The menopause put paid to me ever feeling cold, I think.

gillybob Thu 15-Aug-19 12:48:32

I have had my heating on quite a bit over the last few weeks Bopeep. Mainly when I have the baby as I worry she might be cold but sometimes when I am just sitting in the evening.

It has been a very cold, wet and disappointing excuse for a summer here in the North East.

Bopeep14 Thu 15-Aug-19 13:16:02

Thought maybe it was just me, as my husband never feels cold.
Luckily i have a week off from looking after the grandchildren, so haven't had to put the heating on but i have been covered up in a throw at night watching tv grin

FlexibleFriend Thu 15-Aug-19 13:35:39

Like MissAdventure I haven't felt cold since 2004 and the onset of menopause, I dream of feeling cold but alas it is just a dream. Sweaty Betty that's me.

humptydumpty Thu 15-Aug-19 13:49:21

I refuse to put the CH on in August!!

tanith Thu 15-Aug-19 13:49:23

My heating won’t be going on anytime soon, I still have doors and windows open unless it’s pouring down.

Charleygirl5 Thu 15-Aug-19 13:49:42

I have felt cold some evenings but I refuse to switch on the heating in mid August.

You do realise it is only cold because I bought a super-duper fan and it is not even out of its box yet. That put the kibosh on any hot weather.

tanith Thu 15-Aug-19 14:04:11

Charleygirl5 good of you to take the blame ?

annodomini Thu 15-Aug-19 14:07:17

It's usually against my principles to wear socks before the beginning of September but I'm wearing them today. Even when the sun is out - occasionally - there's a chilly breeze. I'm also thinking of putting on my 9tog duvet instead of my summer weight one. The fan I brought down from the top of a cupboard during the two days of summer a month ago, is going right back there when I have the energy!

Mapleleaf Thu 15-Aug-19 14:37:02

No CH, but I've been chilly this last couple of days so have resorted to putting on a cardigan and wrapping a blanket round my legs in the evening. I'm determined not to put the CH on yet!!?

SueDonim Thu 15-Aug-19 14:42:52

It's a nice day here but I had socks on at the weekend. The CH has been on for a couple of hours some evenings, for a puff of heat and to dry the towels out.

BlueBelle Thu 15-Aug-19 14:46:22

It’s been a lovely summer here in the east if England I ve still got my shorts and sleeveless top on No complaints from me

GabriellaG54 Thu 15-Aug-19 14:54:16

No menopause and haven't had heating on since March or worn jumpers/throws on bed etc.
My home is warm enough and exercise keeps the blood pumping.

jura2 Thu 15-Aug-19 14:55:09

No CH- wow you made me jump. Lots of CH here- all around me lol.

Last few days I've been sunbathing at a spa and 2 local lakes (France and CH) - but today it is cold and rainy on and off- so got a long sleeve t-shirt on and short socks- but refuse to put long trousers on. Forecast is great for tomorrow - so off to a third lake for more of the above (CH Confédération Helvétique = Switzerland).

ninathenana Thu 15-Aug-19 15:01:10

It's 23c here in Kent sunshine and patio door open.

Sorry people.

MiniMoon Thu 15-Aug-19 15:38:42

Well it's 16°c here in Northumberland, but it feel more like 12° with the breeze blowing!
We've had our heating on for a couple of hours over the last two evenings. I'm a cold creature at the best of times, can't bear cold arms!