Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(43 Posts)
12Michael Sat 17-Aug-19 06:13:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry start with a blue sky here in Brackley this morning.
Today will be a bus trip to Buckingham and then Bicester vice versa.
I am hoping that stallholder at the flea market as a map for me, when I return from Bicester to Buckingham.
Mick

Beechnut Sat 17-Aug-19 06:29:16

Good Morning everyone.
Cloudy and damp this morning on Severnside.
A dog walk to the library to pick up a DVD I reserved and then anything else has getup to will be a surprise ?.

I hope that you all enjoy your day ?

Nannytopsy Sat 17-Aug-19 06:40:31

Beautiful morning in Suffolk! DGD awake but dozing, DGD still well away. DH been sent to see to the dogs! It’s going to be a long day x

Marydoll Sat 17-Aug-19 06:43:20

Good morning Mick, Beechnut and all who follow from a cool Glasgow, 13 degrees to be exact.
I know the weather is changing, as my joints are really aching today. I had been lulled into a false sense of security, with the recent warm weather.

I had a very enjoyable lunch with my friend yesterday, until we were metaphorically thrown out for lingering too long.
We had just been talking a bout an ex colleague, who is suffering from terminal cancer, when she came in with her family.
Her family so were amused that she and I just couldn't stop talking, just like the old days in school!! grin

We are off on a day trip to St Andrew's, an organised bus tour. I'm so loooking forward to it, no driving , with lunch booked for the Tail Inn. The Edinburgh grans will know where I mean. I can't wait!!!
I shall leave DH in a hostelry and go shopping!

Enjoy your day whatever your plans.
Harri, I hope you have had a restful night!.
Gilly, have fun, no work, (but probably lots of supermarket shopping and entertaining your granddchildren)!

Marydoll Sat 17-Aug-19 06:44:40

Good morning also to, Nannytopsy!
If I would stop writing an essay in the morning, I wouldn't miss anyone out! grin

Bellasnana Sat 17-Aug-19 06:53:52

Good morning everyone.

It is a beautiful day here in Malta. If I could summon up the energy, now would be the time to go for a long walk before the sun gets really hot, but without my DH to chivvy me I have become very lazy.

I’m meeting a friend for coffee later but no other plans.

Had a very long FaceTime with my DGD yesterday evening. She is growing up too fast. She’s 8 now, lives in Florida and I miss her so much, especially as I had her here in Malta for three years and took care of her on a daily basis.

Hope you are feeling better, harri, enjoy your weekend gilly, and Urmstongran I hope you are having a good time in Malaga. I’ve never been but it sounds lovely.

Hope everyone has a happy and peaceful Saturday.☀️

BlueSapphire Sat 17-Aug-19 06:58:40

Good morning to all!. A nice sunny morning here in Northampton after yesterday's torrential rain; it was not a pleasant journey back from the Lake District.

The cats had already been delivered back home from the cattery, a neighbour was kind enough to let them in. I think they were pleased to see me!

A trip to Sainsburys is called for today for the essentials (like wine!), I think I will go this afternoon, and get some washing done this morning.

Hope everyone's day goes well.

ninathenana Sat 17-Aug-19 07:24:17

Morning all.

Plenty of rain over night but now bright and sunny in Kent.
Forecast has changed from rain this afternoon to 0% chance, which is great as DS is in the local carnival parade later. It used to be a really big thing and people would travel miles, sadly it's pretty poor these days. The free public fireworks after dark are very popular though.
Have a good day everyone.

Brunette10 Sat 17-Aug-19 07:42:27

Good Morning from a rather chilly Fife. Have a very busy weekend in front as we have both DGS's to look after while DD and SIL are off to a wedding. I'm hoping the weather stays fair so we can perhaps go to Fife Zoo but we shall wait and see. Better out than in I would say! Hope you have a lovely time in St. Andrews Marydoll, it will be cool so make sure you have a warm coat on. Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Bordersgirl57 Sat 17-Aug-19 07:50:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lins1066 Sat 17-Aug-19 08:01:36

Good Morning Mick and all from a sunny S Welsh coast, cooler though.

DS coming to help DH sort out some electrics this morning. We had a leak in the lounge ceiling yesterday in all that rain.
Need to do a little shopping, other than that no plans.
Hope everyone has a good day.

cornergran Sat 17-Aug-19 08:09:23

Morning Mick, morning All from an overcast, drizzly corner of Somerset. Food shop then wait and see. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Sat 17-Aug-19 08:13:23

Morning all from a bright and sunny North Leicestershire. I think we had rain overnight. Our hall has leaked again. Our poor roof man will be tearing his hair out! Luckily the plaster hadn't given us a start date!

The start of the football season means that I'm back on regular, fortnightly, brunch making. It also means that I get Saturday afternoons to myself to watch rubbish tv!

I hope everyone else has a good day!

Urmstongran Sat 17-Aug-19 08:13:42

Good morning everyone from Malaga. Forecast is wall to wall sunshine for the last week of the family holiday - they fly back next weekend and as it’s less humid we plan to make the most of it.

We went down to Benalmadena marina last night by taxi. It was buzzing! The 7y old went on those huge trampolines where a harness is worn. He loved it! The 2y old went on the baby rides and she was in her element. Afterwards we all had delicious food at ‘Jacks’ which is very similar to TGI Friday. Good job our son in law had reserved a table as it was so busy by 9pm. We sat in the open air and looked down at all the boats and it was so pretty by 10pm with all the lights reflected in the water. The children were engrossed watching all the families down below, buying toys and feeding the fish.

Cesar the gardener here who works so hard to keep this garden beautiful is already at work - he has the sprinklers on the grass set up. We will be down there in a couple of hours for another ‘action packed’ day!

Hope Saturday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

NanKate Sat 17-Aug-19 08:14:53

Morning Mick and All.

Sunny day in South Bucks. It should be the low 20s all week which is what I wanted as the two DGSs will be arriving for a week this afternoon and all hell will break out, chaos will rain/rein?, lots of laughter and many reminders to clear their plates away after each meal. There will also be films I have videod for them and popcorn, plus plenty of football on the green directly in front of our house. With all this about to happen you may not hear much from me for a while.

Borders I love the day to myself too. I wonder if our DHs feel the same if we have a day out, I suspect not but I could be wrong.

NanKate Sat 17-Aug-19 08:18:09

Morning Kitty don’t forget to give The Staircase on Netflix a whirl. I did some binge watching, but it may not be your thing.

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 17-Aug-19 08:18:25

Good morning from east London, bright and sunny at the moment. Went to see the latest Tarantino film last night; assume it is not to everyone’s taste but I enjoyed it. Today there is only a decorator in so the house will be quiet and there is only a new shower cubicle left to order. The local allotment society is having its show today so I’m popping down there later; wonder what they’d make of my sweet pea tomatoes. (This is a comparison to a beef steak one). Have a good day.

Auntieflo Sat 17-Aug-19 08:25:27

Morning Michael, Annie to come, and all others. Woken up to a sunny morning, but there are the remnants of rain on the windows.
Sorry to hear about your leaks Lins and Kitty.

Hope it stays dry, and that the forecast for the coming week is correct. We need good weather next Sat, as DD is having a belated birthday party for DH.

Nothing planned for today, except our usual meet up for coffee with friends, but I must remember to buy some ice cream, as I forgot yesterday, shock horror!

Have a good day one and all.

gillybob Sat 17-Aug-19 08:37:55

Good morning from the NE Coast where we have a bit of a dull start but promises of it brightening up later. I do hope we have a dry day as I really want to get a few jobs done in the garden today.

I put quite a few bits and pieces on Freecycle and had a few collections yesterday evening, another couple today and the last one tomorrow . Mainly garden stuff that I no longer need.

I have also sold my much loved wooden Lean-To greenhouse as I have not used it at all this year, which is such a shame as I had huge plans for what I wanted to grow in it. It was at risk of becoming a second shed and being used as storage so I emptied it, cleaned it out and advertised it cheap in the hope that someone would get great enjoyment from it. I could have sold it 20 times over .

Anyway I hope it stays dry (slim chance) as I intend to paint my bench and make a start painting the fence too if I can. Then I’m going to make a BLR sandwich (Same as BLT but using Rocket instead of lettuce) and enjoy it “on the hop” .

I need to do a bit of shopping either later today or tomorrow after greenhouse man has been, as I rarely get anything I need when I take my dad shopping. I don’t have any children this weekend (I shouldn’t really be shouting yippee ? should I?) but am doing my usual 2 days and overnight next week so I need to get stocked up.

I enjoyed reading about your night out in Benalmadena Urmstongran and I’m glad you're still having a lovely time with plenty of sunshine

Have a lovely trip to St Andrews Marydoll I have never been but heard great things about it. No doubt my half Scottish DH will have visited in a past life.

I hope Harri has had a more restful, pain free night.

To everyone else I hope Saturday is a good day for you x

Sar53 Sat 17-Aug-19 08:37:59

Good morning everyone from a sunny Essex by the sea. Hopefully no rain today as it's the local carnival this evening. We will jump on the train and watch the floats go by.
A little shopping this morning and probably a visit to local grandchildren.
Had a long chat with my eldest daughter yesterday after their two weeks in Portugal, they haven't had a holiday like that in a long while and by all accounts had a wonderful time.
Have a good day everyone.

harrigran Sat 17-Aug-19 08:39:56

Good morning from a dry and brightening NE.
I had a pain free night and was able to stay in bed.
Yesterday was a wasted day with me remaining in bed until after lunch and finishing reading my book.
DS and family are off on holiday for the next two weeks so no sleepovers or transporting.
Eldest GD is off to stay with her other Granny while her sister stays with her mum and dad, peaceful first week for the parents.

gillybob Sat 17-Aug-19 08:40:26

Sorry for the essay . BLR should have been BRT, silly me

Who would want a Bacon, Lettuce and Rocket sandwich?

EllanVannin Sat 17-Aug-19 08:48:13

Good Morning All x
Still plenty of cloud but at least it's bright with the sun showing its face now and again---slightly breezy too so I'm going to risk my " boiled " wash and hang it out.

So lovely hearing about holidays/outings and other ways of spending your days, it always reminds me of my dear friend and myself who'd be up and out and away somewhere on the spur of the moment, so make the most of it ladies.

Hope those who are under the weather improve as the day goes on. To everyone, enjoy your day.

Anniebach Sat 17-Aug-19 08:54:05

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Pantglas1 Sat 17-Aug-19 08:54:42

Morning all from sunny north Wales- it’s forecasting sunshine for the rest of my ‘oliday before we head back to sunny Spain on Tuesday so I’m out helping DD move house before We go.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.