Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Tue 20-Aug-19 06:11:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry and bright this morning, and also starting to feel a bit autumnal in the air.
My day of bus travel to Bicester and Buckingham today, after housework.
Mick

Beechnut Tue 20-Aug-19 06:48:55

Good Morning all from a bright Severnside.
A swim for me today then back to do some homework.
I had a lovely time yesterday seeing family at various times throughout the day.
The weather forecast looks good for the coming days. You may well get some sunshine gillybob.
I hope you had good news yesterday Marydoll.

I hope you all have a good day ?

Bellasnana Tue 20-Aug-19 06:55:37

Good morning all from Malta where it is another lovely day. Too hot for some, but I try to enjoy even the hottest days as I dread the winter so much.

Hairdresser this morning, otherwise no great plans for the day.

Hope you all enjoy yours whatever you are doing.☀️

ninathenana Tue 20-Aug-19 07:05:40

Morning everyone.

The sun is trying to break through in Nottingham.
Driving back to Kent today, fingers crossed for a clear run including Dartford bridge.
Have a good day everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 20-Aug-19 07:06:18

Goodmorning all.

No idea what the weather is like as the curtains are still closed.

Off to see pharmacist today to sort out travel vaccinations, then the park with GS.

Have a good day x

Grammaretto Tue 20-Aug-19 07:10:24

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Looking a bit dreich today whatever the forecast says. Yesterday turned out sunny.

I hope you had good news yesterday Marydoll
We are off to hospital today and it's our turn to hear if travelling is allowed.
I hope you all have a nice day.

kittylester Tue 20-Aug-19 07:10:42

Morning all from a bright, fresh North Leicestershire.

I have a new Alzheimer's course starting today. Dh is going to cook with dgd. shock

Pittcity Tue 20-Aug-19 07:22:00

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Cars are misty, so a autumn is on it's way Mick.
DGS is expected any minute and we have to wait in for a delivery. The house will be transformed into a playground in the next half hour!

Pantglas1 Tue 20-Aug-19 07:26:25

Morning all from a dry and sunny north Wales where I’m busy cleaning before hopping on another train today to the airport and back to mi casa en Espana.

Had a lovely time with my friend at Countdown studio yesterday afternoon- thoroughly recommend going if you’re within reasonable travelling distance.

Have a great day everyone x

Lins1066 Tue 20-Aug-19 07:34:32

Good Morning Mick and everyone.
It's a sunny morning on the Welsh Bristol Channel coast. This week is proving to be a good one for holidaymakers here, if breezy.
Picked a load of apples from DH's parents tree yesterday, going to freeze some and wrap some in newspaper for keeping. There will be lots more over the next couple of weeks, so will give to neighbours.

Wishing all a good day.

Nannytopsy Tue 20-Aug-19 07:35:33

Morning everyone from sunny Kent, although the cars are wet here too. Back up the M1 to Leicestershire today. Lunch with friends, so I had better get shifting!

Brunette10 Tue 20-Aug-19 07:41:39

Good Morning from a dull Fife. I believe it's not to rain though. Off to hairdresser for col/cut this morning then some household chores in the afternoon. Autumn is fast approaching , have our heating on this morning. Hope you all have a good day whatever you are doing.

cornergran Tue 20-Aug-19 07:47:43

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright, sunny corner of Somerset. Acupuncture for me at the hospital followed by lunch at our favourite sea front restaurant and a walk. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Marydoll Tue 20-Aug-19 07:49:59

Good morning all from a very cool Glasgow, it's only 10 degrees. sad.

Heating is on for an hour, I can't bear being cold!

The good news is I'm being allowed to go to Rome, with certain conditions and increased medication.
I'm covered in bruises and cuts due to my RA meds, so my GP wants to see me as soon as I come back.
Last night I sliced my thumb open, trying to half one of my tiny pills, it just wouldn't stop bleeding! I thought I would have to visit A&E. sad
DH as usual, was in bed, snoring and oblivious to my cries for help.

Yesterday, someone asked why I just don't go without my GP's permission, it was also my cardiologist who said I couldn't go, so they know best. I just wouldn't take the risk.
I wouldn't want my family to have to pay a lot of money to repatriate me if something happened, as going against medical advice invalidates travel insurance.

Schools are back here, so we have a nursery pick up at lunchtime. It's great not having to rise at the crack of dawn for childminding duties.
I'm so looking forward to seeing our wee rascal, despite the fact that she will probably full of beans after her morning with her friemds.
My friend works in the nursery and she says that DGD never stops! (Just like her dear old gran! grin ).

Have a good day whatever your plans.
Grammaretto fingers crossed for your husband.

Auntieflo Tue 20-Aug-19 07:50:00

Good morning Michael, Annie to come and all others,
We were woken by the bin men sometime around 6.30 this morning, but I am still in bed awaiting my morning cup of tea.
Volunteering this afternoon, happy days.
I painted the under stairs cupboard yesterday, and all is now clean and tidy.
Good luck to those of you hoping to go abroad, fingers crossed you get the go ahead from the Drs.
Have a good day one and all.

Urmstongran Tue 20-Aug-19 07:56:22

Good morning everyone from Malaga where we have another fine day. I was just musing as I lay awake first thing how well we are all getting along as a family. 20 days in and not an argument. That’ll put the hex on I expect!

Gorgeous weather Pantsglas1 - you’ve been here whilst I’ve been out, back to Wales and now over to Spain today! Probably like me you enjoy all the contrasts between your two places.

pitticity once the cars have condensation first thing in a morning that to me is an indication it’s autumn too! I think you’re right by the sounds of it Mick.

Hoping to hear from Marydoll soon that it’s her doctor’s decision she can travel to Italy. My fingers and toes are aching after being crossed for 24 hours!

Hope Tuesday is kind to us all whether we have any plans or none.

kittylester I’m just curious (sorry) who has Alzheimer’s? You attend a lot of courses on the condition. Do they help?

Greyduster Tue 20-Aug-19 07:58:55

Good morning Michael and all GNs. A dull but dry start in South Yorkshire, and cool. GS is still asleep. We had a busy day yesterday. We are off out today to a nearby NT property and then he will be going home. He’s lovely company! Have a good day folks!

Resurgam123 Tue 20-Aug-19 07:59:10

Good Morning All here in Cheshire.
It is cloudy here though.
Time I got moving.
Not playing Freecell on my tablet with a fiendishly difficult game.
Have a good day.

Urmstongran Tue 20-Aug-19 07:59:17

X posts Marydoll

B R I L L I A N T. news!

BlueSapphire Tue 20-Aug-19 08:03:48

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Northampton.

Thank goodness it stayed dry yesterday and I managed to cut the back grass. The edges need doing now to tidy it up. There is so much more stuff to do in the garden, some of the shrubs need drastic pruning so I shall make a start on that tomorrow. Our garden waste bins are collected on Thursday so I want to make the most of them and fill them.

Kitchen cleaning this morning. I have had a few odd ants lately and just cannot find the source of them. Hope to do a health walk this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a good day.

gillybob Tue 20-Aug-19 08:04:57

Well it’s another dull start here on the NE coast and it’s raining too, so pretty much the same as most other days . Thank you for trying Beechnut

I am on childcare duties today but only have the 2 older girls as their brother is at footy camp and my DD has had a shift change so I don’ have little Evie.

The good news is that I have booked a ceramic painting course for the girls as a treat for this afternoon which will feed their passion for crafting and also fill in a few hours when the weather is miserable .

The last of my bits for freecycle were picked up last night which is great . Much better than taking decent stuff to the tip.

I am thrilled that you are going to be able to travel to your beloved Rome Marydoll I bet you felt like jumping for joy. You need to take it easy over the next few weeks though. smile

Wishing you the same good outcome Grammaretto so that you too can enjoy a lovely holiday smile

Well I’m enjoying a late cuppa ready for the opening of a smaller breakfast cafe than usual, but none the less well stocked.

Have a good Tuesday everyone x

harrigran Tue 20-Aug-19 08:18:26

Good morning from a rainy NE.
DH up very early and left the house at 8am for a hospital appointment.
GD has sent lots of photos of London, didn't realise her other granny was taking her for several days, lovely they get to spend the time together.
Quiet day today as awaiting more deliveries.

aggie Tue 20-Aug-19 08:32:02

Good morning all , sunny but cool here in Co Armagh . I am still trying to get a crochet blanket finished , it is the second in a queue of a dozen!

aggie Tue 20-Aug-19 08:34:40

Pressed wrong key !
So glad to see Marydoll can go to Rome , fantastic place , I am sure the Pharmacist could give/sell you a tablet cutter ? I seem to remember a family member having a wee gadget

Marydoll Tue 20-Aug-19 08:44:21

That's how I sliced my finger, Aggie!
A friend gave me one and I was examining it, to see how it worked and didn't realise it had a sharp blade! OUCH!!!