Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(39 Posts)
12Michael Sun 25-Aug-19 06:14:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry outside hopefully another warm day here in Brackley.
Easy day today, salad lunch , then Vuelta on Eurosport .
Mick

Ginny42 Sun 25-Aug-19 06:42:52

Morning Mick and everyone. I'm home for the weekend whilst working away, and really enjoying home comforts.

However, a lovely neighbour has been taken to hospital in the night and everyone was up and worrying about her. I had the task of texting her daughter before 5.00 a.m. So now worried about what's happening at the hospital. Keep telling myself she's in the best place.

I'm off for lunch with friends later. I have to leave very early tomorrow to avoid massive queues on the M6 south, so won't be able to send greetings, but hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Beechnut Sun 25-Aug-19 06:49:31

Good Morning everyone.

Warm and sunny on Severnside.
My jobs did not get looked at yesterday. Sitting out in the sun with a G&T and my book seemed a better offer.
I’m off to the circus later with my DD.

I hope you all enjoy the sunshine today and whatever you do ?

Brunette10 Sun 25-Aug-19 06:58:58

Good Morning to all and to those who follow. It's just beautiful here in Fife at the moment and I believe to get even better.I love days like this. Never sure whether to go out in this beautiful weather and enjoy the day or because it's so nice to stay here in our lovely garden, do what and when we want and relax. It's a tough call wink. I'm sure DH will make up our minds though. Whatever you all do have a good day. Ginny I hope your neighbour is OK, try not worry too much.

NfkDumpling Sun 25-Aug-19 07:02:24

Morning All

Another scorcher on the cards here in Norfolk. I’ve thrown open all the windows to cool the house down before the sun gets up properly and I have to shut everything up.

I’d like to go to the beach today and have a swim but the thought of all those crowds is making a day in the shade with a good book very tempting.

Urmstongran Sun 25-Aug-19 07:08:38

Good morning everyone from Malaga. I woke up early, had a cuppa then watched a beautiful sunrise. Great ball of orange at 7:45am making the clouds pink and reflected in the Mediterranean.

We then went downstairs to wave daughter, son in law and our 7y old grandson and 2y old baby granddaughter off in a taxi to the airport. It’s only 10 minutes drive (we did our homework buying here!) and they will breakfast there as they had to wake the children this morning to get ready.

It’s been a great holiday.

I do hope your neighbour is okay Ginny that must have been a shock to everyone concerned.

A quiet day for us now. Hope Sunday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Ginny42 Sun 25-Aug-19 07:13:54

Brunette sitting in a beautiful garden with a G&T or something chilled and sparkling counts as therapy in this house. Relaxing with a good book in the garden sounds perfect too NfkDumpling. Have a wonderful day.

kittylester Sun 25-Aug-19 07:30:29

Morning all from a bright and sunny North Leicestershire.

Not a chance of sitting quietly in the garden with a book and a drink here. 2 dgc have every toy in the house and garden strewn everywhere.

Rock climbing for the girls this morning and then back home to play, and sit if we are lucky, in the garden.

NanKate Sun 25-Aug-19 07:31:10

Morning Mick and All.

Hot day due here in South Bucks. Our neighbours have invited us for morning coffee. We invite them round and vice versa about every 6 years, odd isn’t it?

We are still sorting our house of the chaos after our DS and 2 DGSs left after a week with us. It’s bed washing I think whilst DH sorts all the toys, all bought from the local charity shops.

NanKate Sun 25-Aug-19 07:32:09

Morning Kitty I see we both have tidying up to do.

BlueSapphire Sun 25-Aug-19 07:33:09

Good morning everyone from Northampton where it's bright and sunny again. Feeling worn-out after garage clearing yesterday so will definitely take it easier today. The skip is half full already.

DD and her husband are coming over this afternoon to see if I need a hand, and they have booked a table for an early dinner at a nearby country pub which I am looking forward to.

Hope everyone's Sunday goes well. Just sitting with a cup of tea, a chocolate digestive and yesterday's General Knowledge crossword.

dragonfly46 Sun 25-Aug-19 07:36:31

Good morning from a hazy Leicestershire.

Had an unexpected guest last night. Daughter rang to ask if we could have their dog for the night. They were going to a barbecue nearby and the dog did not get on with the dog where he was booked in. Means I will have to go shopping today to buy stuff to give them Sunday lunch when they pick him up. Tired as he kept me awake snoring all night.

Ginny do hope your neighbour is okay.

Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Sun 25-Aug-19 07:38:40

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Another hot day here. Will relax in the shade and cook roast chicken this evening. Looking forward to Poldark and Sanditon on TV tonight.

ninathenana Sun 25-Aug-19 07:41:09

Morning all.

Slightly misty over the marshes in Kent and the sun is behind a thin layer of cloud but I'm expecting that to change.
It's the local horticultural show today and DH is already down the plot sorting his entries. I will leave him to it and praise or commiserate as appropriate.
Have a good day everyone. Hope peoples travel plans go smoothly.

Marydoll Sun 25-Aug-19 07:41:57

Good morning all from a glorious Glasgow. (I never thought I would ever be writing that on this thread).

The rare sunshine has given me an opportunity to wear something summery, bought in the sales last year and never been worn.
That's how bad our summer has been. sad
THe only downside, is my skin has become so sensitive, due to my meds, that my consultant has suggested wearing gloves outside.
I will be sweltered if I follow his advice. ??

I have been wandering the house since 5am, I just couldn't sleep. I eventually went back to bed and had the most bizarre dreams!!! ?

Off to Church later, though I don't really feel like it. The person who usually opens up is on holiday, so I'm covering.
I will be fine once I get there, it's always an opportunity for a chinwag and you know how I like to chat! wink

We plan to chill in the garden in the afternoon and perhaps have a barbecue. My daughter and fiance will probably smell it from three miles away and appear, looking to be fed.
I'm making DH pay for the garage door debacle, by looking after the food. He just doesn't know it yet!
At least I won't be cooking! grin wink

Have a great day, everyone enjoy the sun while it lasts.

harrigran Sun 25-Aug-19 08:02:26

Good morning from a beauitful NE.
I am expecting to spend the day in the garden with newspaper and novel.
Yesterday we had lunch out and then sat in the garden with a bottle of champagne, it is a long time since we were able to sit until 8pm outside.
Today will be a quiet day, all family and friends are away on holiday so DH and I can do absolutely anything we like.

cornergran Sun 25-Aug-19 08:10:58

Morning Mick, morning All. A sunny start in our corner of Somerset. Plan to do very little today so it’s the garden for us after our Sunday morning boiled egg. Tradition rules grin. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

GabriellaG54 Sun 25-Aug-19 08:12:29

Good morning to all from near Helston in Cornwall ??
A gloriously warm morning, 19° rising to 22° and I'm in the garden with OH who has brought out the hammock and cushions to 'relax' in after breakfast ...rather him than me ?
We're reverting to childhood, with boiled eggs ?toast soldiers ?and honey ? bread eggs honey and milk delivered from the farm this morning before we were up.
We plan to explore later and may look at some properties (at his request) along the way.
It's so pretty He spent part of his childhood in Cornwall and his parents still live along the coast but we won't be visiting this weekend.
Meanwhile...I wish you all a warm and entertaining weekend whatever you are or are not doing.
Take care ☀️??

Lins1066 Sun 25-Aug-19 08:12:51

Good Morning from a warm Welsh Bristol Channel coast.
BBQ later and DD,DS and Dil coming plus dog.

Wishing everyone a lovely Sunday.

Legs55 Sun 25-Aug-19 08:18:01

Good morning all from what promises to be very sunny Devon. Ventured over the border into Somerset yesterday for a day out with friends, fish & chips & ice cream beside the sea & wall to wall sunshinesmile

Staying home today to avoid the "Grockles", plan to have a lazy Sunday sitting in the garden after I've been to collect my small Lottery wingrin

Have a lovely day every-body

GabriellaG54 Sun 25-Aug-19 08:24:08

Oh dear ? just noticed that my phone changed the area.
I'm in Helford... not Helston.

Keeper1 Sun 25-Aug-19 08:25:43

Good morning from sunny Lincolnshire. We are off to visit my FIL in a little while thank heavens for air con in the car. I have made him some casseroles for the freezer.

Hope you all have a lovely day x

NannyJan53 Sun 25-Aug-19 08:31:47

Good morning from an already hit and sunny Devon.

Had a lovely few hours in Sidmouth yesterday.

DP's daughter is popping in for an hour on their way back from a week in Cornwall.

This is our view on out patio for breakfast. Have a great day everyone

Bellasnana Sun 25-Aug-19 08:46:01

Good morning all. I’m late to the party this morning having slept in after a late night last night.

The concert was magic, and Andrea Bocelli superb. Not only a unique voice, but seems to be such a lovely man as well. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and our local talent was stunning too.

Weather in Malta today is gorgeous, as usual, despite the storms that were predicted.

I’m planning to do nothing in particular today. Just ‘pootling and faffing’, as kittylester would say.?

Have a good day all.☀️

Nannytopsy Sun 25-Aug-19 08:49:28

Good morning everyone! Sunny here in Leicester too. A bit to do in the garden but it will be too warm for anything strenuous. Hope everyone has a good day.