Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Bank Holiday Monday

(43 Posts)
12Michael Mon 26-Aug-19 06:14:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Looks like the start of another warm day here in Brackley tis morning.
Bit of housework ,and an easy day before getting back into normal routine.
Mick

Beechnut Mon 26-Aug-19 06:36:06

Good Morning everyone.
A misty start on the other side of Severnside this morning.
Today is my birthday. I have made a cake and so has DD so I am Beechnut Two Cakes.
Apart from trying an Aperol spritz (never had one before and got the idea from BlueSapphire ) I have no other plans. Let’s see what the day brings. ?

I hope you all enjoy this Bank Holiday Monday ?

Resurgam123 Mon 26-Aug-19 06:39:18

Good Morning All. There is a heavy fog here in Cheshire.
"No other side of the Street"
I was not expecting that.
I hope it does clear.

Resurgam123 Mon 26-Aug-19 06:44:43

Happy Birthday Beechnut.

Bellasnana Mon 26-Aug-19 07:01:44

Good morning everyone. It’s hot here in Malta.

Many happy returns, Beechnut. Enjoy your cakes and your Aperol spritz.flowers

Meeting a friend for coffee and a chat this morning.

Have a good day, everyone, and a happy week.☀️

Pantglas1 Mon 26-Aug-19 07:14:48

Morning all and happy birthday Beechnut 2 cakes! I bought the Aldi Aperol and mix it with cava - delish!

Picking friends up from Malaga at lunchtime and will stop off for a Menu del Dia - 3 courses and a drink for €9 and that includes bread & olives as well! They can’t believe how well and how cheaply we eat out here compared to back home in Conwy where we usually meet up.

Hope everyone has a good bank holiday in uk and a lovely Monday everywhere else.

ninathenana Mon 26-Aug-19 07:15:40

Good morning

??Happy Birthday Beechnut??

Misty over the marsh again today with temps in 30's forecast. Roads to the coast around here were gridlocked yesterday. I have no intention of leaving the garden.

Have a great day everyone.

mumofmadboys Mon 26-Aug-19 07:20:55

Happy birthday Beechnut! You are a bit like the Queen! The whole country has today off to celebrate your birthday!

dragonfly46 Mon 26-Aug-19 07:29:17

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Happy Birthday Beechnut - I love Aperol spritz!

Better get up as the bathroom fitters are working today!

gillybob Mon 26-Aug-19 07:33:51

Good morning from the North East coast where we have a lovely bright start to bank holiday Monday and promises of a sunny day ahead.

What is it about your body clock that tells you “it’s Monday, so get out of bed” ?

Hoping to visit a garden centre today to find something to replace the quite withered plants in my front and back hanging baskets . Might have to settle for pansies as I’m not sure there’s much else at this time of year.

I hope you have a lovely birthday Beechnut I hope you have a lovely day.

To all those on holiday, I hope you continue to have a brilliant time with plenty of lovely sunshine

To everyone else, whatever you are doing, I hope you have a great day x

Brunette10 Mon 26-Aug-19 07:41:16

Good Morning from a dull Fife, very disappointed that we are not having another glorious day. However Happy Birthday Beechnut, I hope you have a lovely day. No plans as yet for today, catching up with chores inside and out since DH wasn't too well yesterday, he is today feeling better thank goodness. I get too excited in the hope that we are going to have another day like yesterday, I fear not though. I hope everyone has a good Bank Holiday Monday for those down south. Just normal Monday here in Scotland. Have a good day all.

Nannytopsy Mon 26-Aug-19 07:42:27

Good morning everyone and a Happy Birthday to Beechnut two cakes. Going to be warm in Leicestershire today - glad we shall be out in an air conditioned car! Farewell drinks with our friends who are also leaving Leicester, the ones who got our furniture removers. Hope the day is kind to you all!

NanKate Mon 26-Aug-19 07:44:33

Morning Mick and All.

Hotting up again in South Bucks.

Have a great birthday Beechnut ? I have never had an Aeprol Spritz, it sounds exciting.

Off to an outdoor performance of Bohemian Rhapsody and taking a scrummie picnic with us. Only saw the film about 2 months ago but we really loved it. I might be seen dancing around the meadow, with a bottle in my hand singing We Will Rock You ?‍♀️

Have a good day folks what ever you are up to.

gillybob Mon 26-Aug-19 07:49:07

An outdoor performance of Bohemian Rhapsody sounds like my idea of heaven NanKate I hope you enjoy it . smile

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 26-Aug-19 07:49:19

Good morning from east London, early haze has cleared, it’s looking bright outside and temp is going up. Trip to Westfield this morning as we need to get a token present for GD’s birthday tomorrow. Hopefully we’ll hit the bookshop and make a rapid retreat. Have a good day, especially Beechnut, the birthday girl.

TwiceAsNice Mon 26-Aug-19 07:51:30

Lovely sun again in Surrey. Just going to have a lazy day in daughters garden, she is barbecuing a leg of lamb later. Grandchildren will have the paddling pool out. Happy Birthday Beechnut enjoy your cake and Aperol and everyone else have a lovely day

BlueSapphire Mon 26-Aug-19 08:00:41

Good morning from another sunny day on the Northampton Riviera!

Happy birthday ? BeechnutTwoCakes, and hope you enjoy your Aperol Spritz. I'll be raising a glass later on, I'm sure.

A good day yesterday, bit of gardening in the morning, then DD and her husband came over in the afternoon and gave me a hand with a few jobs. More stuff was put in the skip; DSIL checked all late DH's power tools to see what was working, then he had whatever he wanted from them. Will offer the rest to DS. Then DSIL set about downloading everything from my old dying computer; didn't have enough time to get everything off, so he or DD will come back to finish another time. And then a lovely meal out at a local country pub. Came back and sat out in the garden for a while with a glass of wine.

Going out with DDIL and the two DGDs this afternoon, then a picnic and outdoor cinema with them, which sounds good as it will have cooled down by then.

Hope everyone enjoys the beautiful weather.

kittylester Mon 26-Aug-19 08:08:45

Morning g all.

As dragonfly, and Topsy have said, Leicestershire is already hot and sunny.

Many happy returns Beechnuttwocakes, I presume you will share?

Please try to behave with decorum kate, like wot you always do!

Enjoy your days everyone.

Marydoll Mon 26-Aug-19 08:11:31

A late good morning from me, (well late for me!). It's muggy and cloudy here) in Glasgow.

After a restless night, I have woken up to find my DH missing! confused.
I lay for a while, thinking he must be downstairs, but the house was too quiet.
Usually, I'm up and about by 6am, so looked at the clock and saw it was nearly 8am. After looking across at my neighbour's, I saw his car was gone, so DH must have gone out early to play golf. I can't fathom out why I never heard him, he usually blunders about like a bull in a china shop and always tells me he is going!

I have the doctor's this morning for even more bloods! ( mouth ulcers and still have a temp sad.) It's such a trail to the next town, when one is feeling rubbish. sad
I have to admit to getting a bit fed up with it all, but I know I'm being looked after well, so should be thankful and not moan.

After reading a thread recommending an M&S three quarter length cardigan last night, I have managed to get one delivered at lunchtime to an M&S, five minutes from my doctor's! Now that's what I call service!

Happy a lovely day Beechnut and don't eat too much cake!

Happy Bank Holiday everyone, it's a working day here.

mosaicwarts Mon 26-Aug-19 08:11:32

Happy birthday Beechnut, enjoy your two cakes. I'm making a cake for my daughter's homecoming tomorrow, Devil's fudge cake with orange zest added.

Sunny in the NE but my sheltie is too hot, taking him to the beach in a minute before it gets any warmer.

Have a good day everyone.

EllanVannin Mon 26-Aug-19 08:15:17

Good Morning All x
This is just great, another lovely day for everyone's Bank Holiday break. Some cold creepy mist over the Mersey yesterday late afternoon but it cleared by teatime. Mist like that is always the sign of heat so today has started well.

I want to get a cake made before it gets too hot as D is calling later. Other than that, water neighbour's plants while she's away before the sun gets on them then sit in the sun.
Happy Birthday Mrs two-cakes Beechnut, enjoy the day.

Everyone else at home and abroad, enjoy this day.

Auntieflo Mon 26-Aug-19 08:16:53

Morning Michael, Annie to come, and all others.

We have been away at DD and SIL for the weekend, as we were celebrating DH's birthday, belatedly. They have a very large garden, so it was ideal, and the weather was very kind to us.
Trying to get lots of scattered family members together, was a bit of a nightmare, but most managed . It was so lovely having all the cousins, grown ups, and the new tinies, all together.
Today we shall probably do not a lot of anything, as it is going to be another hot day by the looks of the sun streaming throught the window.
Happy Birthday Beechnut, enjoy your cakes and Aperol.
To all those going out and about, take care and have a good time.

aggie Mon 26-Aug-19 08:26:35

Morning all , been out watering all the wall baskets , hoping to keep them alive till DD returns from France . Tomatoes are now ripening too fast to keep up with them ! I need to do some tomato sauce for the freezer

oldgaijin Mon 26-Aug-19 08:28:57

Good morning from a tropical Aberdeenshire...the haar has burned off and it looks like our one day of Summer has arrived.

Had a bad reaction to last chemo but all is now well. The second dose in the penultimate cycle is tomorrow...doesn't time fly when your head is aye in a bucket?

It's grooming day for the mutt, so off for a quick toddle round the woods then a mega scrub of his boy bits, which are bright green again as he does love to stretch out on the grass cuttings.

Have a fab birthday Beechnut...nothing like cake and bubbles to mark an occasion. Nankate, only one bottle?

Have a great day everyone.

Sar53 Mon 26-Aug-19 08:30:42

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea. Another scorcher by the look of it. Spent yesterday afternoon at DSD's house for her birthday. The little ones had a great time in the pool whilst the oldies put the world to rights over a few glasses of whatever they fancied.
Nothing planned today but the beach , about 200 metres from our flat, will be very busy later.
A happy birthday to Beechnut.
Have a good day everyone.