Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's warm and welcoming kitchen for the sharing of...

(1000 Posts)
soop Fri 30-Aug-19 14:03:34

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good pals and
Jolly good company...

Welcome...

brew cupcake wine flowers smile (hugs) a plenty

Doodle Fri 30-Aug-19 14:09:25

Ooh goody. I’m first in behind you soop. I’ll just pop a nice vase of flowers on the table. Plump up the cushions and now I’m off to the supermarket for some fizz and sausage rolls (classy girl me ?). See you all later

Oldwoman70 Fri 30-Aug-19 14:16:53

Not ventured here before - may I come in? With some of the comments on other threads I feel in need of a sanctuary!

soop Fri 30-Aug-19 14:19:00

Thank you, Doodle, we share the same sense of classiness. Must admit that this kitchen looks a real treat. A tad "unlived in". Best get that lot settled, after which, it will look and feel more like home from home.

soop Fri 30-Aug-19 14:20:42

A very warm welcome Oldwoman70 I shall pour us both a nice glass of bubbly. Sit yourself down, kick off your shoes and reeeeeeeeelax. smile

soop Fri 30-Aug-19 14:23:50

At 4:30 we shall be visiting the barn in which the family of feral felines live. We need to know where the dry cat food needs to left.

Brodie won't be visiting our chalet in the garden for a wee while. What with having "the snip" and all that nonsense, he'll need time to fully recover.

Oldwoman70 Fri 30-Aug-19 14:26:45

Bit early for me soop (she lied) - perhaps just this once! Do I need to supply nibbles?

soop Fri 30-Aug-19 14:35:49

Oldwoman70 I believe there is a economy size bag of mixed nuts lurking in the cupboard. I bags the walnuts. The cheese and onion crisps are well past their eat-by-date. wink
Note to that lot...please replenish the snacks pantry.

soop Fri 30-Aug-19 14:39:04

I've a vague feeling that I should be doing stuff aboot the hoos. We all get that urge from time to time. I shall find a clean duster and some wax polish and do a few house-wifey things. Then, after a long rest, I shall buzz off to see where the feral felines live.

cornergran Fri 30-Aug-19 14:42:52

Popped in to admire the new kitchen. Thank you soop. I’ve left some cheese straws and some cheese scones as well as the bricks that masquerade as sweet scones around here for anyone brave. There’s plenty of cream and jam to soften them up.

Off to have needles stuck in me now, acupuncture does help and I will enjoy the 30 minutes with my feet up.

TOYA, be good everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 30-Aug-19 14:44:20

Lovely new kitchen Soop, have left fizz and cocktails on the side, it is the start of the weekend after all!

?????????

soop Fri 30-Aug-19 14:57:10

corner No need to apologise. Lashings of cream and jam together with a nibble of your infamous scones will be enjoyed by all.

GrannyGravy13 It's a promising start to our weekend. We should hold a party more often. grin Now then, what was it I proposed to do with this duster? hmm

Doodle Fri 30-Aug-19 15:02:49

Hello oldwoman and welcome. May I top up your glass ?. Sausage rolls and crisps on the worktop. I have closed the northern windows to keep out the wind and rain but opened the southern windows to let in the sunshine.
What are you doing with that duster soop. The dance of the seven veils again ?

GrannyGravy13 Fri 30-Aug-19 15:03:00

Soop my duster is locked away until Monday ?

NanaandGrampy Fri 30-Aug-19 15:03:13

Just passing through —- hello Oldwoman pass the nuts please !

You’ll definitely find some peace - and kindness here in the kitchen . It can be sadly lacking elsewhere on GN !

I’m off to some bits and bobs but wanted to bookmark the new kitchen

Galen Fri 30-Aug-19 15:14:35

Just had Waitrose fruit scones with clotted cream and HOME MADE STRAWBERRY JAM.
I’ve left a plateful on the side.
It’s not often I come over all domestic and make jam! The last time was probably 41 years ago when we moved into this house.

Oldwoman70 Fri 30-Aug-19 15:16:13

Thanks for the top up Doodle I am currently fighting with my electricity supplier as my smart meter isn't working - tried ringing, kept on hold, no email address and now playing tag with the "online chat"

dragonfly46 Fri 30-Aug-19 15:19:22

Welcome oldwoman. This is a wonderful sanctuary.

Fizz - fantastic - well it is Friday after all. Did I hear sausage rolls and crisps - too busy to eat lunch.

Carillion01 Fri 30-Aug-19 15:53:38

Hello dear soop. Have given up waiting for DH's op just now so going ahead to booking a trip to our lovely Mcleod's Tables ..Skye and then a few days in Achnammara before pre-Christmas with the crew.
Everyone thinks it's contrived but my beloved grandmother really was named Grace McLeod and she did live nr Uig but was not very rich.
Are you ok for a pm? Would appreciate your op about something. Xxx

cornergran Fri 30-Aug-19 15:54:04

Sorry, meant to welcome you and then didn’t oldwoman. If anyone finds my head please return it grin.

Carillion01 Fri 30-Aug-19 15:55:12

Hello and welcome Oldwoman, cup of tea here for youX

Carillion01 Fri 30-Aug-19 16:11:19

Sorry Oldwoman70, you might like poteen rather than tea? X

Charleygirl5 Fri 30-Aug-19 16:13:26

My car went for MOT and service and I was told it needs 4 new tyres. I promise (I know that you lot do not believe me) but I have stopped Formula 1 racing, drive very locally and as I live in London most roads are 20 mph. There are only 8.5 thousand miles on the clock. Have any of you lot borrowed it to go long distance driving? corner was it you?

TOYA

grannyqueenie Fri 30-Aug-19 16:16:42

I’m worried Galen are you feeling quite well? Making jam is serious domesticity... I did it once! Seriously though it sounds delicious. soop please do put that duster down and pick up the Prosecco, you’re making me feel rather guilty! Welcome oldwoman, hope you enjoy this warm cosy kitchen there’s no sniping here.

Well after my grumpy start to the day I’ve galvanised into action and packed, had a quick coffee with a friend as well doing lots of little jobs along the way. It’s got to be onwards and upwards from now on. xx

soop Fri 30-Aug-19 16:21:54

Carillion Of course. Just off to see the base of the feral feline family. Back shortly.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion