Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(44 Posts)
12Michael Mon 02-Sep-19 06:09:57

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry with cloud over Brackley this morning, but cooler than of late.
Easy day , housework , maybe flowers to parents graves, and tidy up.
Mick

BlueSapphire Mon 02-Sep-19 06:37:07

Good morning Mick and all to come. It's a bit grey in Northampton at the moment, but the radio says that sunshine is forecast later.

Had a nice walk to the garden centre yesterday and got my new garden broom. Spent a couple of hours trimming the edges of the back grass - and still not finished! That will be a job for this afternoon.

Yoga this morning, first one after our summer break so it will be nice to have coffee and a chat afterwards. And then expecting a phone call from the bank after lunch.

Hope everyone's day goes well.

Bellasnana Mon 02-Sep-19 06:38:59

Good morning Mick, and everyone.

We had the first thunderstorm of the season last night. I woke at 2am and shut the French window as it was so noisy.
Looks like the rain has cleaned up the dust which is good!

Need to go out this morning but might have to take my umbrella. The weather hasn’t made its mind up yet.

Hope you all have a good day.☀️

kittylester Mon 02-Sep-19 06:46:21

Morning all from a brightening North Leicestershire.

Have to get up and going this morning as dh's car is being serviced today and needs to be in town by 8.30.

Thinking of dragonfly this morning.

NanKate Mon 02-Sep-19 06:57:09

Morning Mick and All.

Bright sun and cloud here in South Bucks.

After my morning constitutional, as I need to get moving again after a lazy day yesterday, I am going to start the blitz on all the paperwork on my desk which is piling high. I hate this job but it needs to be done.

ninathenana Mon 02-Sep-19 07:04:33

Good morning from sunny but only 8c Kent.
A quiet day here, DH will be in the workshop finishing some steps he's making for my cousin to use in her garden. I will potter indoors.
Have a good day everyone.

Brunette10 Mon 02-Sep-19 07:04:39

Good Morning to all and to those who follow. dull but calm here in Fife today, could be rain later. Last day of builders but looking good. New freezer being delivered some time this morning so will busy myself until that arrives. Hope Monday is good to all.

Marydoll Mon 02-Sep-19 07:05:24

Good morning all from a damp Glasgow. The heating is on! DH put it on, so it must be cold, as he never puts it on.
I slept badly, as my painful mouth kept me awake! ?

DH is golfing and I'm out for coffee with the other golf widow. She loves to go around the posh charity shops and has such an eye for a bargain, she never ceases to amaze me!
I would rather stay in and pack, ( have been faffing about), but I have cancelled the last two meet ups at the last minute due to medical appointments, so I can't do it again.
I have been to Rome over thirty times, yet I still agonise about what to take!

My very best wishes and prayers for Dragonfly today. My worries pale into insignicance and I shall stop whinging!

Happy Monday, sorry Gilly! I hope your DH is feeling a wee bit better. flowers

NanKate Mon 02-Sep-19 07:09:57

We need a daily countdown Mary to your holiday in Rome and please take your IPad so that we can experience the holiday with you.

So sorry about your sore mouth it must be awful.

Grammaretto Mon 02-Sep-19 07:12:22

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Grey start here but yesterday turned out beautiful so who knows.
I must catch up with emails, housework and Monday things.
Hoping everyone's day goes well.

Sprout Mon 02-Sep-19 07:15:05

Morning Mick and all. Lovely weather here in Spain. Had accident yesterday fell on bad step face looks like I had 10 rounds with Ali and knee swollen and of course dignity ruined. Never mind will not let it ruin my holiday true British grit eh. Have a good day everyone

Urmstongran Mon 02-Sep-19 07:21:32

Good morning everyone from another glorious day in Malaga. We are off to the big ‘Carrefour’ supermarket this morning and then as it’s Monday = meet up with my ladies this afternoon. There will be 4 of us today.

What is dear dragonfly going through please? I must have missed some posts.

I hope Monday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Lins1066 Mon 02-Sep-19 07:24:20

Good Morning from a sunny S Welsh coast.
Need to stay in for a couple of parcel deliveries this morning.
Sorry to hear about your fall Sprout, it shakes you up so take it easy.
Best wishes to dragonfly today.

NannyJan53 Mon 02-Sep-19 07:29:18

Good Morning from a bright and sunny Black Country!

Had a BBQ last night and ate outside, wore my Gilet as there is now a slight nip in the air!

Babysat DS's 2 girls Saturday afternoon and eveing, but as the eldest is 15 she was out with her mates, so didn't see her till she came home at 8.00pm. Only seems yesterday that I babysat her for the first time when she was weeks old. I kept creeping upstairs to see she was ok (she was my first grandchild) smile

Today is my Walking for Health walk this morning, then tackle the pile of ironing. How do two people generate so much hmm

Hope your face will heal quickly sprout, but good for you that you won't let it ruin your holiday.

30 times Marydoll wow! I have been once, but would love to go again. We have been to Lindos a few times, in fact next year will be our 9th nowhere near 30 though smile Hope you have a lovely time.

Thoughts are with Dragonfly here also.

I know what you mean about paperwork Nankate, I try not to let it pile up, but somehow it manages to!

Have a lovely day everyone.

Pantglas1 Mon 02-Sep-19 07:29:27

Bit cloudy where I am in Spain Urmstongran and Sprout but it should brighten up so good morning everyone and hope you’re all able to get stuff done in clement weather at least.

Replenishing fridges and food cupboards today after having visitors- I do love feeding and watering folks!

gillybob Mon 02-Sep-19 07:34:21

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a right start to Monday although it feels much cooler than of late, but at least it’s not raining .

Heavy downpours yesterday afternoon halted all of my good intentions of tidying my little patch at the front (it’s so small I hesitate to call it a garden) . I hope we have a dry tea time one day this week and I shall do it then.

Well it’s another yucky, rotten Monday (why do weekends go over so fast? ) and I must get sorted for another busy week ahead. DH had a slightly better night but we have still both lost a fair bit of sleep again. Feeling very tired today . At least we are a few days closer to his appointment .

I bet you are getting excited now Marydoll I know I would be. Oh poor you Sprout, I hope your poor face looks and feels a bit better today.

No overnight child care for me tonight as the older children are back to school tomorrow, mummy is on late shift and they want to leave from home which is understandable. I will still have little Miss all day tomorrow plus my dads usual shopping trip, so hope it’s fine.

Thinking of all of those who are poorly, upset and worrying.

Have a good Monday everyone x

dragonfly46 Mon 02-Sep-19 07:36:04

Well checked in at the hospital nice and early after discovering DH has lost his credit cards, so many phone calls later.

urmston single mastectomy!

Pantglas1 Mon 02-Sep-19 07:38:59

All the best dragonfly46 flowers

Beechnut Mon 02-Sep-19 07:41:37

Good Morning everyone from a sunny Severnside.

I hope all goes well for you dragonfly ?

A busy weekend brings me to Monday and I’ll go to the library, book my car in for the MOT and have a potter.

Have a lovely day whatever you do everyone ?

gillybob Mon 02-Sep-19 07:47:30

So sorry I missed you out dragonfly (what with all of my usual ramblings) . Thinking of you today and hope all goes well. flowers

Nanabanana1 Mon 02-Sep-19 07:59:15

Good morning all lovely morning here in Torbay, dog walking and house work today.
Good luck Dragonfly hope all goes well for you today. My daughter follows in your footsteps next week .

Brunette10 Mon 02-Sep-19 08:00:29

dragonfly46 - also just read your latest post - sorry! - wishing all the best for today.

Alygran Mon 02-Sep-19 08:02:44

Good morning from a bright North Yorkshire. Looks like we had a bit of rain overnight.
Some paperwork to do this morning for the charity where I am Treasurer then a walk this afternoon. Must shift the holiday pounds!
Thinking of you Dragonfly.
Hope today is kind.

harrigran Mon 02-Sep-19 08:05:52

Good morning from a dry and bright NE.
Had a lovely day with family to celebrate GD's 10th birthday, had a meal in a Chinese restaurant last night so it was quite a late night by the time we got home.
Thinking of you today Dragonfly.

Pittcity Mon 02-Sep-19 08:12:20

Good morning from sunny Colchester. It is dry and warm here but now needing to carry a cardi. Still watering the garden as there's no significant rain yet.
Just found out that Walking Netball is back today, a week earlier than expected. I have a cold so am in two minds as to whether to go.

TOY dragonfly flowers