Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(61 Posts)
12Michael Wed 04-Sep-19 06:09:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey wet start here in Brackley this morning, feels cooler outside.
Quiet day in watch cycling on TV later , normally after lunch I have a snooze , hopefully 30 minutes.
Mick

Pantglas1 Wed 04-Sep-19 06:15:05

Good morning Mick - I’ll probably have a siesta as well seeing as I’m awake so early. Most nights I get my full monty of eight hours but last night only six and I definitely won’t last the day without forty winks!

Not a lot planned today so will just dip in and out of GN seeing what everyone else is up to - hope you’ve all got something good going on!

kittylester Wed 04-Sep-19 06:20:31

Morning all from a still darkish North Leicestershire.

I have a list of 'jobs' as long as both arms so I shall be trying to work my way through those with one eye on the telly watching the news and the cricket. There is also gardening to do.

Hoping dragonfly had a good night.

Enjoy your days everyone.

Bellasnana Wed 04-Sep-19 06:30:16

Good morning from Malta. I got the weather wrong yesterday, it was a hot, sticky 33°C and no storms in sight! Expect today will be similar.

I’m very relieved that Hurricane Dorian veered away from the Palm Beach area, so my daughter and family have escaped the wrath of the storm. However, I feel sad for those in the Bahamas who have suffered terribly.

I’m visiting my friend in the Care Home today, then doing some jobs around the house.

I shall probably have a snooze at some point as well. I never plan to do so, but once I sit down I tend to nod off, especially if I’m reading. A couple of pages and I can’t keep my eyes open!

Hope everyone has a good day.☀️

cornergran Wed 04-Sep-19 06:33:59

Morning Mick, morning All from a gloomy corner of Somerset, little sleep for me again and it’s grey and damp outside. Catch up morning with ironing and cleaning then a long awaited hospital appointment this afternoon . Must remember to feed our neighbours cat. Hope poorly people had a comfortable night and Wednesday is kind to everyone.

mumofmadboys Wed 04-Sep-19 06:35:11

Good morning all from the Welsh coast. Listening to the waves from my bed! I have braved the sea once and gone body boarding, in a wet suit I hasten to add. Such fun! One of our AC has to go home today and back to work. One AC with us all week. Have a good day all whatever you are doing.

Marydoll Wed 04-Sep-19 06:36:06

Good morning Mick and the early birds, from a damp Glasgow.
I don't really care what the weather's like, as I'm off to a warmer place in about an hour. sunshine

I have to admit to being a wee bit apprehensive going to Rome, (in fact a big bit) after everything that has happened (and still happening) healthwise!
Looking after our ill wee granddaughter and trying to get organised was exhausting yesterday, so I'm looking forward to chilling on the plane.
There are hardly any direct flights from Glasgow, so it will be a long day, as we are going via Amsterdam.

Best wishes to Dragonfly and all who are poorly or weighed down by worry. flowers

Have a good day, whatever your plans.

oldgoat Wed 04-Sep-19 06:41:29

Hope you have a lovely holiday marydoll

NannyJan53 Wed 04-Sep-19 06:42:52

Good Morning from a very rainy Black Country.

Dropping off Partner at Train Station at 7am, then straight over to Mums in Wolverhampton. We are Skyping my niece at 9am. She is is working in Australia for 18 months. The first time we did this, we were chatting and Mum said to me "tell her about...." smile

Then we will go for lunch, collect the glazed Pottery my DGD made when I took them to an Art Café a couple of weeks ago.

My 11 year old DGD starts Secondary school today so I rung her last night to wish her well. Her 8 year old sister started a new school yesterday as they moved earlier in the year. I spoke to her last night and she said "it was good" . So that's a relief. Also, it is a 2 minute walk round the corner!

Sad news yesterday that Mum sister has been taken back to Hospital. She was diagnosed with lung cancer a month ago, and sent home! Mum and her other sister were there yesterday and called the Paramedics. She is 86.

Wishing everyone a pleasant day.

NannyJan53 Wed 04-Sep-19 06:44:35

Have a lovely holiday Marydoll you deserve it sunshine

gillybob Wed 04-Sep-19 07:05:05

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a bright “Autumnal” start to the day.

I’m off to “that place” early today as we have customers coming in to look at the progress of a job we are busy with . I have the thrilling job of cleaning the aloos (what a disgusting job that is) . DH and I normally take it in turns and to be fair he does more than me, but he’s not well at all at the moment so it’s down to me. Gross . I will be wearing my catching paper suit over my work clothes .

I had little Evie until after 8pm last night which was when my DD finished work . Poor little mite I hate keeping her up like that and then having to take her home but DD if off today and I am at work so needs must . She really is a good baby and just seems to accept whatever comes her way without any fussing . I gave her a small slice of brown bread and butter to eat on the way home in the car which is her very favourite “yum yum” so she left me thinking I was a good grandma wink

Well it’s here Marydoll and like the fairy-god mother said “You will go to Rome” grin I hope you enjoy every minute of your holiday .

To others on holiday I hope you continue to have a lovely time. To those who are poorly I hope you feel better soon, especially our dragonfly who I hope is now in the road to recovery .

To everyone else, I hope you have a good Tuesday, now where did I put that clothes peg ? grin x

gillybob Wed 04-Sep-19 07:06:59

Good bloomin’ Tuesday ? What planet am I on ?

Good Wednesday ! Jeez !

dragonfly46 Wed 04-Sep-19 07:07:48

Good Morning everyone from as Kitty says a very dreary Leicestershire.

Thank you so much for all your good wishes. I had a good night at home last night and feeling quite chipper.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday Marydoll

Sorry to hear about your aunts nannyjan

cornergran Wed 04-Sep-19 07:09:41

Pleased you had a good night dragonfly. Home is the best place.

desjumeaux17 Wed 04-Sep-19 07:11:41

Good morning its a lovely fresh sunny morning here in Whitley Bay. Looking forward to my dog walk. Its back to school day round here.

BlueSapphire Wed 04-Sep-19 07:15:38

Good morning all. Woke to a grey and wet Northampton this morning, but the sun is trying to come out. If it stays dry hope to do a Health Walk this afternoon. Was hoping to cut the front grass today as it is garden waste collection tomorrow, but much too wet.

Woke in a panic this morning; dreamt I was back at school with an expectant class in front of me, and no lessons planned! Utter terror, but just hoping I could wing it, as you do. Then realised I've been retired for 15+ years!

Going to get a few household jobs done this morning; decided to change the colour scheme in one bedroom, so need to hang the new colour curtains and matching bed linen. Must Hoover downstairs as well.

Have a lovely holiday Marydoll. Hope the weather is kind to you in Rome, and that Wednesday treats everyone nicely.

gillybob Wed 04-Sep-19 07:15:58

Good morning from just along the coast desjumeaux17 ours all went back to school yesterday . Welcome to the Gransnet Good Morning thread if you are new smile

I am so glad you are home dragonfly you can’t beat your own bed. flowers

Beechnut Wed 04-Sep-19 07:17:22

Good Morning everyone.
I hope that everyone who is and has been poorly feels much better soon. Marydoll enjoy your holiday and have a good flight.

It’s damp outside as it has rained during the night. I want to wash the car today so I’ll do it straight after breakfast. I’ve got the steps ready as I can’t reach to do the roof off the ground.

Have a good day all whatever you get up to ?

gillybob Wed 04-Sep-19 07:17:51

You just made me remember my dream Bluesapphire when a plop of dog poop landed in a deep fat fryer ? confused I actually laughed out loud . I must’ve been thinking about cleaning those disgusting men’s loos !

harrigran Wed 04-Sep-19 07:20:22

Good morning from a dry bright NE.
Not a lot planned for today, perhaps I will tidy up my paperwork in the study.
Have a lovely holiday Marydoll.
Best wishes to all those who are poorly.

Nanabanana1 Wed 04-Sep-19 07:22:00

Good morning everyone, a bright morning here.
Coffee morning today with over 60’s group. Had a great Meetup with Gransnetters yesterday.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Brunette10 Wed 04-Sep-19 07:24:29

Good Morning all from a bright Fife. A bit on the cool side but that's ok. Dragonfly so glad you are home, as cornergran said home is the best place. Gilly yes it's Wednesday half way through your week wink. Have DGS1 today glad it's nice and dry will get out for a while. Hope everyone has a good day.

Grammaretto Wed 04-Sep-19 07:25:14

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders.
I was woken with a cup of tea in bed. Nothing nicer.
So glad to hear you have got away to Rome Marydoll !
Thoughts are with Dragonfly and all the poorly people.

The sun is trying to shine through. .Our little one had the all clear at hospital yesterday and was the perfect patient. The big DGC are back to school today in England.
Hope everyone's day goes well.

Newquay Wed 04-Sep-19 07:29:46

Good morning from a wet Staffordshire-glad I got the lawns mowed yesterday although I now have a bite of some sort on my arm which is a lump! That’s new! Despite all my pills and potions-am thoroughly fed up this year being bitten all the time.
Builders finished yesterday, dust everywhere. 2nd eldest DGD said she’ll come round to help us clean before she goes back to Uni.
Local DGS started senior school yesterday-he reported all good and eldest DGD started her first job as Year 3 teacher. She has been so excited preparing (even on holiday!). She will be a great blessing to these lovely children.

MawB Wed 04-Sep-19 07:29:53

Good morning, Autumn seems to have arrived in N Bucks after such a lovely day yesterday. An well.
Signing passport photos this morning for a friend’s daughter who had her bag with wallet, phone , passport and everything stolen in Mexico. She actually lives and works in Amsterdam but can’t apply for her new passport from outside the UK so has come home to fix that.
Then off to London to see DD and little Otis. Judging by recent pics (I haven’t seen him for a whole 2 weeks) he has grown and developed enormously as they can do at this age (just under 6 months)
Wishing you all a pleasant day!