Gransnet forums

Chat

Do any of these apply to you?

(70 Posts)
Anja Fri 06-Sep-19 12:58:49

Undeniable Adult Truths
1. Part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
3. I take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning joined up writing really necessary?
7. Google maps really needs to start their directions on number 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my street.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blu-Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection, again.
13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well..
16. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
17. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
18. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
19. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent an idiot from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
20. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is...

or can you add more of your own? ?

fizzers Fri 06-Sep-19 13:01:20

Every single one apart from no 20, unless you substitute phone for watch!

Septimia Fri 06-Sep-19 13:03:12

Yes, most of them; but especially 5 (made me laugh), 7 and 8.

Dee1012 Fri 06-Sep-19 13:20:31

When you stand in the supermarket queue that states "8 items or less" and you silently count the contents of everyone else's basket.

janeainsworth Fri 06-Sep-19 13:31:38

Here’s the answer to #5
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z5k9nWcuFc

Lessismore Fri 06-Sep-19 13:37:29

5 and 9

BBbevan Fri 06-Sep-19 15:20:42

When you watch the weather report on TV, and moments later can't remember what tomorrow will bring

humptydumpty Fri 06-Sep-19 16:03:37

Loved these OP, and identify particularly with 5, 8, 11, 13...

grannyticktock Fri 06-Sep-19 16:36:51

Some more for the list:
Why call it an ansaphone if it doesn't actally answer you?
A near-miss can be one of the best ways of learning life's important lessons.
If the first instruction in a recipe is "light the oven ", it is wise to ignore this until you're well into the task.
There is no point in answering Alexa back.

Doodledog Fri 06-Sep-19 16:58:49

In lace knitting, it takes a nanosecond to drop a stitch, but several hours to find it and repair the mess it has made.

notanan2 Fri 06-Sep-19 16:59:08

I would change no.1 to:
A best friends job is to discretely pluck/ shave your facial hair should you fall into a prolongued coma!

Grannybags Fri 06-Sep-19 17:03:32

18, 19 & 20 are me all over!

Agree notanan!

BradfordLass72 Sat 07-Sep-19 08:59:11

None of these apply to me, fortunately but bad decisions certainly do make good stories - as long as you are not the main character!

Fine writing is a joy to behold - and produce. So yes, there is a point to learning 'joined up writing'

If someone points out - and can prove I'm wrong about someting - I accept it, often with gratitude because it's darned embarrassing to pontificate about something if you're wrong smile

I used to joke (and once won a bet) that when you see someone look at their watch, and ask them 10 seconds later, 'What's the time?' They will never, ever just say the time, they'll look again at their watch !
Try it and see.

I like the new suggestions here, especially grannyticktock's. answerphone smile

My 2 cents. What's the logic behind the response:
'He can't be dead, I only saw him last week!' As if their very presence made someone immortal grin

Megs36 Sat 07-Sep-19 09:53:05

Love this post and done/agree all ?

Megs36 Sat 07-Sep-19 09:56:24

Ps When a friend answered my enquiry about her mum with she died this morning, and I said in shock Youre joking' Still cringing years later.!

Soozikinzi Sat 07-Sep-19 10:04:38

All of them I think! Very funny!

Dancinggran Sat 07-Sep-19 10:06:29

Love these and agree with all of them especially 19, happens every morning on my way to work.

mumagain Sat 07-Sep-19 10:25:56

Yes to all except my freezer does have a light !

Davida1968 Sat 07-Sep-19 10:32:01

14 is so true for me........

Camelotclub Sat 07-Sep-19 10:37:44

What a good list. I'd add "Being able to take back a tactless remark the minute it's out of one's mouth." I have inherited my dear mother's tendency to say whatever comes into the head! And I would never deliberately hurt anyone.

PS Sometimes if you're hungry it's an idea to drink something (not alcohol) - you could be dehydrated.
PPS Joined up writing is quicker than printing!

Tigertooth Sat 07-Sep-19 10:40:24

None of them really - just shocked that anyone still uses DVD’s - Blue Ray?????

Tigertooth Sat 07-Sep-19 10:40:24

None of them really - just shocked that anyone still uses DVD’s - Blue Ray?????

HootyMcOwlface Sat 07-Sep-19 10:47:38

No. 1 should include pluck your chin and moustache hairs if you’re in a coma.

HootyMcOwlface Sat 07-Sep-19 10:49:25

Oops just noticed earlier like thinking post! Sorry!

Laurensnan Sat 07-Sep-19 10:56:04

Notonan I so agree with that one, it's my big fear if I can't request for someone to do it. I should probably worry about the coma more I suppose ?