Gransnet forums

Chat

Where are they now?

(43 Posts)
seacliff Sat 07-Sep-19 11:21:03

Someone mentioned Jingle this morning and it got me thinking about well known posters we don't see now. If you do a search for anything, so many old names come up that are not here now, sad really. Of course some may have name changed. I never realise who they are!!

Some may have given up and left Gransnet. Others well.....sad

Just one example - I realised I've seen nothing from Jamila or is it Jamilla 1108 for ages.

Urmstongran Sat 07-Sep-19 11:24:47

Nor mabon?

EllanVannin Sat 07-Sep-19 11:30:23

Jalima it was. I'll not forget the string of PM's I received from her they'd been repeated so that there were about 20 of them so I came to the conclusion that there was something radically wrong with her, whoever it was.
We usually " locked horns " ! As has happened to a few who I feel only visited to upset others----and we can well do without that. If you've noticed, when there's a bit of a " to do ", they all zoom in and appear from nowhere just to have a rant.

TerriBull Sat 07-Sep-19 11:56:02

Jalima is still around, thank goodness smile Different name, but it's not for me to out her. I'd like to know if Ana is still on here with a different user moniker, she was very prolific poster once. Also Vampire Queen haven't seen her name lately.

GagaJo Sat 07-Sep-19 11:59:25

I was thinking about this the other day. How would you know if someone had popped their clogs? Not your concern if they were a random poster, but if it was someone you'd conversed with regularly...

EllanVannin Sat 07-Sep-19 12:22:03

Terribull, I must say that I wasn't best pleased the way I'd been treated and I wouldn't dream of doing the same to anyone I didn't agree with----spamming pm's ? Tsk !!

Gonegirl Sat 07-Sep-19 12:24:20

I really want to know where Ana is. Have worried about her for years.

EllanVannin Sat 07-Sep-19 12:37:20

Why do people return with different ID's after they've insulted someone ? Cowardly if you ask me !

Gonegirl Sat 07-Sep-19 13:03:22

But how do you know? (that someone has name changed?)

I never know if I'm talking to an old original poster or a newer poster these days. Bit sad really. Not that it matters really.

MissAdventure Sat 07-Sep-19 13:04:14

I often wonder about eglantine.
I'm not sure I would know if she had changed names, but I really liked her.
So, if she is still here, here's a message; "I really like you!" grin

seacliff Sat 07-Sep-19 13:11:03

I miss both Ana and Anya. Anya was supportive and kind to me one time. I hope they are both OK and happy in their lives.

Another I remember was Ruby. She got a huge amount of help and support here, and one kind Gransnetter actually went out of her way to visit her. I think in the end she was not very grateful and quite hurtful. I think she is no longer here, but of course you can never really tell.

EllanVannin Sat 07-Sep-19 13:19:27

Gonegirl, because Terribull said so over an hour ago.

Auntieflo Sat 07-Sep-19 13:21:29

Didn't Ruby (Rubygirl), get engaged, and say she was having some time away from GN.
Then along came another Ruby? who posted a few times.
I am another who would not know if someone returned under another name, but I do miss the few that have been mentioned here.

BlueBelle Sat 07-Sep-19 13:32:13

I m not very observant or have a good memory so I m not at all sure who I m talking to half the time
Didn’t Ruby go off to get remarried or something ?
I know the people I like talking to and those I avoid I know there is a facility in the ‘cafe’ to introduce yourself but I think most people just start posting and I believe that’s a shame it would be nice to say hello to every new person instead of wondering if they are new or just that I haven’t noticed their name I also think it would be nice if we had a little country flag so when people ask for advise about legal or similar things we don’t go into long spiels that aren’t relevant

Maggiemaybe Sat 07-Sep-19 13:51:39

Nowt wrong with Jalima, imho, in her previous or current incarnation. smile And I do still miss Jingl.

But some I don’t, and would be pleased to know about any name change, so that I could carry on avoiding them.

EllanVannin Sat 07-Sep-19 15:03:47

You'd still know them by the tone of their posts Maggiemaybe. They never change and still hone-in at the least hint of racism.

annodomini Sat 07-Sep-19 15:40:25

At least one 'old' member is back with us, but I leave it to you to work out who she is.

janeainsworth Sat 07-Sep-19 17:45:56

Anno grin
seacliff Anya posted something yesterday, I think. On the thread about relationships with grown up sons.

PamelaJ1 Sat 07-Sep-19 17:58:51

Do you all keep notes?
The first time I posted on here my DGS was in hospital recovering from meningitis. He had been very sick.
Jalima was very kind and was one of the names I looked out for. Glad she is still around.
Like Bluebelle I’m not very efficient when it comes to remembering who is who and who says what.
Maybe that’s a good thing?

KatyK Sat 07-Sep-19 18:31:57

I never join in anything controversial, what with me being a wimp n all but I can never understand why people say 'I do miss so and so' when that person was rude and insulting.

eazybee Sat 07-Sep-19 18:37:07

I remember Jalima, and always thought she was very pleasant, with a good sense of humour.
Haven't recognised her under her new name.

kittylester Sat 07-Sep-19 19:30:23

I dont miss jinglebellfrocks at all, or jalima for that matter.

Gonegirl Sat 07-Sep-19 20:39:55

No, I don't miss either of 'em either.

callgirl1 Sat 07-Sep-19 20:40:01

I`ve been missing Oldgoat lately

Sara65 Sat 07-Sep-19 20:48:04

I haven’t been here for that long, but I feel like I’m missing something, why would you change your identity? What’s the point?