Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(40 Posts)
12Michael Sun 15-Sep-19 06:17:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dusk but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
Nice quiet day , small shop ,and watch final stage of the Vuelta.
The cycling I have been watching on TV both in Spain and in UK , I will in 2 weeks time see some of them completing for the World Road Race championship in Harrogate, more on that later in the next week.
Mick

Nannytopsy Sun 15-Sep-19 06:48:19

Good morning Mick! Enjoy your cycling. We are going home today - hurrah! Had a lovely holiday in France but we are impatient to get home and sort out our new house. Have a good day everyone.

Brunette10 Sun 15-Sep-19 07:16:24

Good Morning from Fife. It’s bright, dry and peaceful here just now. No plans for today, choked full of cold and sore throat. Thanks to all with your kind comments yesterday I very much appreciated them. I hope today is kind to everyone.

kittylester Sun 15-Sep-19 07:20:51

Morning Mick, Topsy, everyone.

We are sitting in bed watching it get light on the Lancashire coast.

After breakfast we are going to collect my lovely aunt from Preston and bring her back for lunch. She is the widow of my uncle. Mum took against her and we saw little of them - turns out she is fabulous. She has 3 children (my cousins) who I am trying to get to know too. What a waste.sad

Enjoy the cycling again, Mick. And dont forget the wine Topsy.

kittylester Sun 15-Sep-19 07:21:25

Morning brunette!

Marydoll Sun 15-Sep-19 07:25:14

Good morning all from a very breezy Glasgow, a great day for drying the washing!

Yet another sleepless night, so I've been pottering about since early morning.
The Scottish traditional steak pie is made, (DH has been craving it since Rome) the bathrooms cleaned and the washing ready to go on!

I'm off to church this morning, I think I will change what I planned to wear, as it quite cool today. Where is this predicted heatwave, everyone is talking about? ?

For Brunette and those felling low or poorly, ?

Susan56 Sun 15-Sep-19 07:31:12

Good morning from Shropshire,looks like it’s going to be another sunny day here.
We are going to Shrewsbury today to visit a couple of the heritage open day sites.
Kitty,enjoy the time with your aunt and your time up in Lancashire.My mum was born in Preston.
Brunette,hope you feel better soon,day of rest for you I think??
Enjoy the cycling Mick and safe travels home nannytopsy.

MawB Sun 15-Sep-19 07:33:31

Good morning from a sunny but crisp corner of N Bucks.
I woke at 6.30, wrote a Good Morning post but it promptly disappeared so I turned over and went back to sleep.
Sorry for all who have pains and worries and wish you all possible and speedy relief.
Having dealt with my holiday washing yesterday I plan to clear any ironing while I catch up on The Archers, then it’s the Downton Abbey film this afternoon.
So it’s business as usual and I wish you all a pleasant day.

NanKate Sun 15-Sep-19 07:42:30

Morning Mick Kitty Mary and All

Light fluffy clouds in South Bucks. Due to be a warm day at about 24 degrees (sorry Mary know it’s a bit chilly up your way). Off to NT Cliveden for coffee (and our own cake as I refuse to pay their prices). After a walk around the grounds we are going to have a picnic in the Oriental Garden.

Enjoy your hols Kitty and the family meet up.

Hope you are happy in your new home NannyTopsy.

Marydoll Sun 15-Sep-19 07:45:58

Kate, it is 11 degrees here!

vena11 Sun 15-Sep-19 07:52:41

Morning all, sun out again in Bristol, enjoyed a lovely BQ yesterday the weather was so warm, sorry Marydoll I am Scottish and from quite near Glasgow and know fine well how the weather can be up there, miss home a lot but don't miss the weather .
Lazy day today maybe just a nice walk before Sunday lunch.

NanKate Sun 15-Sep-19 07:56:26

Gosh Mary I would need to wear thermal knickers up your way ?. What’s it like in the winter I wonder.

Emma49 Sun 15-Sep-19 08:04:20

Good morning from a dull NI. Heading out now with my walking group. Hope the rain stays away as I got my hair done yesterday. Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Sun 15-Sep-19 08:04:36

Kate, when we were in Rome last week, we were down in the Catacombs. The guide had on two jackets and warned us it was very cold down there. People had wrapped themselves up in cardigans and pashminas, I was in a linen top and positively sweltering! We are so used to the cold, but certainly don't like it!! sad

BlueSapphire Sun 15-Sep-19 08:04:54

Good morning all from blue skies in Northampton. Have been awake and up since 5ish, done yesterday's puzzle pages, general knowledge crossword etc, my Kindle has just finished charging so here I am.

Managed to cut the grass yesterday, then did two loads of washing, and had a lazy afternoon in the garden reading in the warm sunshine. Very much enjoyed watching the last night of the Proms on tv.

Am just thinking of putting another load of washing in. Like MawB I am off to see Downton Abbey this afternoon. I wonder if we are going to the same cinema?

Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

Urmstongran Sun 15-Sep-19 08:08:35

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it promises to be another fine day. Good, because we plan to be out and about somewhere, sightseeing around noon.

We were so lucky in Andalusia that the awful storm didn’t do too ugh damage. Valencia and Murcia got hit hard apparently with 5 dead and 3,500 people having to be evacuated from their homes. Devastating. Those poor families who have a funeral to sort out and yet the sun is shining now. They must be in bits.

Hope Sunday is kind to me all whether we have plans or none. x

Grammaretto Sun 15-Sep-19 08:14:46

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Brrr definitely turning cold here. I hope we won't regret ripping up the carpets and sanding the floors.

I'm off to aiberdeenshire quite soon.

Enjoy your cycling Mick I had no idea there were so many races apart from Tour de France.

Sorry Brunette that on top of everything else, you have a cold. Nature's way of enforcing rest perhaps.

Wishing you all a happy and productive day.

ninathenana Sun 15-Sep-19 08:17:35

Morning everyone.
Lovely sunny morning in Kent with temp expected to rise to 20+c
Had a fabulous night last night with friends, we went to a gastro pub that had a brilliantly funny and talented drag act. He went through at least 6 costume changes.
Maybe not everyone's cup of tea but we all had a great time.
Have a good day everyone.

Beechnut Sun 15-Sep-19 08:18:00

Good Morning everyone.
Here on Severnside I’ve opened my eyes to a sunny morning.

I enjoyed my pottering and then reading in the garden yesterday. I stayed out until it was dark and the lights came on.

Sending best wishes to poorly ones and hope everyone has a good day ?

Auntieflo Sun 15-Sep-19 08:23:08

Good morning Michael, Annie to come, and all others. Bright and sunny here, with just a nip in the air. Church later on and catch up with friends at coffee afterwards.
Then I am returning a throw I bought yesterday, in a new shop in town. It was the right colour, but had no label, anywhere, giving washing instructions, or what it was made of. When I got to the till to pay for it, there was no bar code either!
NanKate, I know what you mean about the price they charge for cake, or indeed most refreshments at NT places. But yesterday we had a piece of the most tasty, lemony, lemon drizzle cake, for 50p per slice, from a charity stall run by the guides.
Hope Gillybob's back is getting better.
Have a good day one and all

Lins1066 Sun 15-Sep-19 08:28:13

Good Morning all from a sunny S Welsh coast.
Still immobilised due to bad back, muscular according to the doctor. I was upset yesterday as I was unable to attend the interment of DH's parents at the crematorium.
Glad you enjoyed your holidays Maw and NannyT
Hope you feel better soon* Brunette*.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

NannyJan53 Sun 15-Sep-19 08:32:42

Good Morning from what promises to be another lovely day in The Black Country.

Spent yesterday with Mum, as Partner is away this weekend. We went to the little market town of Bridgnorth.

Today, I will be pottering around the house, washing, cutting lawn etc. Then start to think about packing for our holiday to Croatia next Sunday. This is tinged with some sadness, as the funeral of my Aunt will be when we are away, I learnt yesterday sad

So glad you are ok Urmston I was thinking of you yesterday when I heard about the storms in Spain, as they looked seriously close to Malaga.

Best wishes to anyone feeling down or unwell flowers

grannysyb Sun 15-Sep-19 08:33:30

Sitting on the deck of our little ship before we go to Split on the last day of our Croation cruise. It's been hot all week and the forecast for home is good so I can get all the washing done! Home tomorrow, have good day all.

gillybob Sun 15-Sep-19 08:38:02

Good morning from the North East coast where we have a cool and dull start with rain expected later. So much for the good weather we were told to expect.......sigh

Did a little food shopping yesterday then DD called in with Evie for a couple of hours . She just loves to be outside but it was freezing yesterday afternoon and very windy too.

No plans at all for today. Might do a little bit housework if my back will allow. It’s a bit better but still not 100% .

I’m really looking forward to seeing the Downton Abbey film too but will see how things go with childcare etc. for this coming week . Will probs end up going on my own anyway as there is no way DH could sit through a film .

I’m glad the weather is back to normal for you Urmstongran I saw the photos of the flash floods in some parts with some poor motorists being trapped in submerged tunnels !

To all those travelling , have a lovely time and to all those feeling poorly I hope you feel better soon.

Have a good Sunday everyone x

oldgaijin Sun 15-Sep-19 08:43:16

Good morning from a bright, clear Aberdeenshire.

The mutt is desperate to go to the woodies...he seems to know that all his doggy mates will be out on a Sunday morning so much chasing and wrestling to get him nice and tired before I go out this afternoon.

Have been looking at flights to Singapore to see the family at Xmas, but they're so much more expensive at that time of year, so I think it will be a Spring visit, bummers.

Am just going to pick another bucket of plums...you should see my hands after I finish stoneing them, like I've bathed in nicotine!

Have a great day.