Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(39 Posts)
12Michael Thu 19-Sep-19 06:22:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but still twilight here in Brackley this morning.
Apart from some pre packing for going away , I will be doing my usual bus tips out to Bicester and Buckingham.
And visit my cafes I use.
Mick

kittylester Thu 19-Sep-19 06:37:42

Morning Mick, morning all!

It's getting light in north Leicestershire but doesnt seen to be raining.

Sainsbury's for me this morning while our cleaner works her magic.

Enjoy your days everyone.

emelia205 Thu 19-Sep-19 06:46:09

Hi there, everyone i'm new here

Beechnut Thu 19-Sep-19 06:50:57

Good Morning everyone and welcome emelia205

Dry and getting light. It’s going to be another sunny day.

Cleaning the house this morning and u3a this afternoon.

I hope you all have a lovely day

Bellasnana Thu 19-Sep-19 06:57:26

Good morning all from Malta. I haven’t posted for a while as it seems so boring to tell you the same weather every day.

Anyway, it’s a beautiful day and I’m at the airport waiting for my flight to Gatwick from where I shall take the train to Southampton and, tomorrow, will meet up with Galen to embark on our Mediterranean cruise.

Hope everyone has a good day.☀️

ninathenana Thu 19-Sep-19 07:11:46

Morning everyone.

Sun is low on the horizon and there is mist over the marsh. Looks like another nice day in Kent.
DD just phoned, she needs my car for work. So I have to replan my day.
Good old mum.
Have a good day everyone.
I hope Bella and Galen have a lovely time.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 19-Sep-19 07:17:09

Good morning from a bright and sunny SE Essex

Galen and Bellasnana, wishing you a wonderful cruise, looking forward to hearing all about it.

Quiet day here at Gravy Grange, no plans other than trying to sort out visas for Kenya.

Grammaretto Thu 19-Sep-19 07:20:32

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it's dry.
I need to win that kettle GN keep offering as ours has broken. I'm sure its only a year old! Cold tea .
We're hiring a floor sander today for a week. Our young volunteer has offered to do the work.
I hope everyone's plans go weĺl.

NannyJan53 Thu 19-Sep-19 07:22:23

Good Morning from a bright and sunny Black Country.

Had a lovely day in Stratford on Avon yesterday. with the Bus Safari U3A group , not a cloud in the sky.

Today I must start on packing ready for our flight Sunday, and this afternoon I am meeting 11 year old DGD from her school as she is football training and will miss her school transport. So I am going to show her the way on the public transport ready for the remainder of the term.

Welcome to Emelia205. I hope you have a great Cruise Bellasnana and Galen

Have a good day everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 19-Sep-19 07:24:57

Good morning from east London, looks promising outside and not as cool as yesterday started. Must get moving as due at foodbank by 9am but want to go via the doctor’s to make an appointment for 2 weeks time to have the dermatology stitches out. On the way home, I’ll be going via the blood clinic as apparently it’s time for a routine blood check. Choir tonight which will no doubt set me right again. Have a good day.

NanKate Thu 19-Sep-19 07:25:55

Morning Mick and All.

Have a good trip Mick to your cycling event. Welcome emelia this is a good thread to join as a newbie everyone is friendly, avoid the political threads unless you have a tin hat ?. What fun Bella a cruise with Galen we expect a daily itinerary from the ship. I’m looking for a good cleaner Kitty perhaps we could share yours ?

Off to Chenies Manor and for a Cream Tea with an old pal.

NanKate Thu 19-Sep-19 07:29:07

Glad you enjoyed your day in S on A NannyJan. I still have fond memories of my old hometown.

Greyduster Thu 19-Sep-19 07:32:54

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A dry bright day in South Yorkshire and an early start for me as we are fishing this morning, then school run this afternoon and minding GS this evening as his parents are going out. Have a good day folks.

BlueSapphire Thu 19-Sep-19 07:34:52

Good morning everyone from clear blue skies in Northampton. Looks set to be another lovely day

Had a good day shopping in Milton Keynes yesterday, although I couldn't find any nice clothes in M&S to spend my voucher on. So I bought a pack of my favourite reed diffusers instead, Rhubarb Flower. Also to my dismay they no longer do my favourite slippers and I can't find them on the website either.

A very nice lady in John Lewis was demonstrating a coffee machine and she made me a lovely cappuccino. I was quite tempted, but I think I'll look at the reviews first, although as I drink only a couple of cups a day it seems hardly worth it.

Had a good lunch in Cafe Rouge - steak frites and a glass of red. And then came home with a new top from Fat Face!

A morning of pottering, Sainsbury's delivery, then ballet class after lunch, followed by a visit to a MacMillan coffee afternoon. Cake, I hope!

Welcome Emelia, and hope Bella and Galen have a lovely cruise.

Susan56 Thu 19-Sep-19 07:51:08

Good morning from Shropshire where the sun is trying to shine.
Laundry and housework this morning then picking up DGD from preschool for her usual Thursday overnight stay.DD has a day off from monitoring so will catch up with everything while we can.
Welcome to Emelia and hope you have a wonderful holiday Bella and Galen.

Marydoll Thu 19-Sep-19 08:06:39

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow.

Welcome Emelia!

I'm "late" to the thread today, as I had a bad night, my medication is making me so nauseous again. DH of course slept like a log, oblivious to everything.

Well my bramble muffins, that I made yesterday, were a complete disaster! sad, which DH was quick to point out. angry I shall just have to make my fail safe sultana cake, as DD is visiting tonight after work.
Of course,she and her fiance are not coming to see me, grin, but DGD, as this is a nursery pick up day.
My wee granddaughter will no doubt lift my spirits.

Galen and Bellasnana, enjoy your cruise and Mick enjoy your day out.

Thinking of Brunette, who has her aunt's funeral today, Gilly's DH and hoping Dragonfly is making good progress.

dragonfly46 Thu 19-Sep-19 08:07:31

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Welcome Emelia.

How lovely Bella and Galen going away together. Did you meet via Grans et and have you done it before? I hope you have a wonderful time.

Coffee with friends this morning then home for a rest. Think I overdid it the other day!

Harris27 Thu 19-Sep-19 08:10:00

Good morning from sunny ne. Off today as I’ve a hospital apppointment hoping they’ll tell me what I’m getting done to get rid of kidney stone. I have a stent in at the moment and it’s embarrassing as I need to wee all the time nit good with a room full of kiddies to look after! Anyway fingers crossed have a good day all.

Marydoll Thu 19-Sep-19 08:18:40

Harris, I hope your appointment goes well.

moggie Thu 19-Sep-19 08:20:22

Good morning Mick & all from a dry, bright start in Nottingham. Kitchen fitter here for next couple of days. Visit my sister today & go for a walk, we live near Wollaton Park & also lovely nature reserve nearby. Welcome emelia205, happy cruising bellsnana, have good trip Mick. Hope your daughters monitoring goes well Susan. Hope all not feeling well are better soon. Have a lovely day everyone.

vena11 Thu 19-Sep-19 08:32:07

Morning all bright start again here in Bristol a slight drop in temperature .
Welcome Emelia, have a wonder cruise Bella and Gelan

Dragonfly take it easy it just takes time.

Hope every ones day goes as planned.

Went to see Downton yesterday a nice light hearted film DH more of a fan than I am but I did enjoy it.

Urmstongran Thu 19-Sep-19 08:40:29

Good morning everyone from a dry and bright South Manchester. I can’t wait to walk over and see the smalls after school. I’m sure I’ll be bathing them I love the one to one time with them - mind you for speediness on school nights there is usually one at each end of the bath!

A shout out to you Emelia newbies are always welcome on Mick’s thread. Where are you posting from? It’s nice to know.

Happy cruising Bellasnanna it’s a pity the cruise ship couldn’t swing by Malta and pick you up en route to save you the hassle of coming over here!

Marydoll try to rest up a bit lady. You do so much even whilst poorly. x

Hope Thursday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

harrigran Thu 19-Sep-19 08:53:34

Good morning from a lovely sunny NE.
Seaside lunch today at a good fish and chip restaurant and maybe a walk along the prom ...tiddly om pom pom ???
Have a wonderful cruise Galen and Bella.
Welcome to emelia205.
Thinking of gilly and her DH.

Anniebach Thu 19-Sep-19 08:55:19

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

I am sad ,John Humphrys is retiring.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Urmstongran Thu 19-Sep-19 08:57:59

Actually just popped back to say I’ve just weighed myself and after 7 weeks in Malaga, picking up a menu most nights and drinking a fair amount of wine every day (oh dear, I am due to see the nurse on Monday for a routine check up) I’ve only gained 2lbs! Wowzer! It must have been all that walking and swimming wot done it.
?