Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Sunday

(34 Posts)
NanKate Sun 22-Sep-19 07:30:38

In Mick’s absence I am opening up today.

NanKate Sun 22-Sep-19 07:35:42

Hi folks with Mick in Harrogate he has asked us to keep the Good Morning thread up and running till his return in 9 days.

It’s cloudy and calm in South Bucks today. I suspect rain is on the way.

DH back from grandparent duties before we both get ready to return to the DGSs on Wednesday, so with a bit of breathing space we are off for a Carvery with lots of veg and hot gravy, yummy ?

Have a good day folks.

Beechnut Sun 22-Sep-19 07:36:54

Good Morning NanKate thanks for opening the morning door. Good Morning everyone it’s cloudy today on Severnside.

We had a lovely day in Dorset yesterday at the seaside.
Today I’ve a little bit of shopping to do before I return home.

It would be good for you to start the What I did today Thread annsixty. I t would almost be like a goodnight thread.

Anyway I hope you all have a lovely day whatever you do ?

dragonfly46 Sun 22-Sep-19 07:38:44

Good morning from cloudy Leicestershire.

Thank you for opening up NanKate.

Nothing on today so taking it easy just some cooking which I love!

Susan56 Sun 22-Sep-19 07:40:34

Good morning NanKate and all to follow.A rainy start in Shropshire today.
We are off to a local hotel to have breakfast with my family before they all head home after celebrating our youngest daughters 30th birthday.
We are on grandparenting duties too,DGD has stayed with us again as DD1 having a difficult time with the end of her pregnancy,hope she has managed to have a restful night.
Have a good day all.

kittylester Sun 22-Sep-19 07:43:04

Thank you for opening up kate.

Morning all from a dry North Leicestershire where we had a few drops of rain earlier but have a lightening sky now.

We are going south for a few days. Initially to Bristol and then to my brother's cottage in Cornwall. The weather forecast is dreadful!! Hey ho!!

Do start your thread ann!

Grammaretto Sun 22-Sep-19 07:52:16

Well done NanKate for getting us going and good morning from the misty Scottish Borders .
I heard on the radio its International no car day so I'd better walk this morning or get the bus. That will be good for me.
I'm off to the local horticultural show. It's where my DC went to school and they always walked.
I hope you all have a good day and look forward to reading annsixty's evening thread.

Greyduster Sun 22-Sep-19 07:54:46

Good morning Kate and Michael in absentia. The sun is trying hard in South Yorkshire this morning, but the weather is set to break down later. We are off to junior football at ten and then not much on for the rest of the day. May tackle the front border. Have a good day everyone.

Bellasnana Sun 22-Sep-19 08:01:49

Good morning all from somewhere in the middle of the sea! Galen and I are enjoying ourselves so far. We have been at sea since Friday and will arrive at Cartagena in Spain tomorrow.

Internet costs a fortune on board so it’s a quick hello and goodbye and best wishes to you all.

Hope everyone has a great day.☀️

Auntieflo Sun 22-Sep-19 08:04:53

Morning Nankate , and thanks.
Good morning Annie and all others.
We've woken up to wet pavements, but the sun is trying to come through.
I had a slightly better night last night, my ribs are still tender after my tumble on Thursday, and my black eye keeps on giving and developing smile
Off to Church later,( wearing dark glasses), and a Harvest Lunch aftterwards.
A neighbour is expecting a baby imminently, so fingers crossed all goes well.
Nothing else planned, just resting.
Have a good day one and all.

harrigran Sun 22-Sep-19 08:06:53

Good morning from an overcast NE where the forecast is for thunder this afternoon.
Yesterday was a beautiful day with wall to wall blue sky from sunrise to sunset. We took advantage of the good weather and had lunch out and then sat in the garden.
Estate agents rang yesterday just as we were leaving the house, our second home buyers have offered us the asking price after a few months of bartering.
Will have to travel to other home to empty it so a busy time ahead.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 22-Sep-19 08:08:08

Morning all from South Notts, not sure what the weather will do as it's rather gloomy as yet.

Will go for a drive and the weekly shop later. Have started going to church late Sunday afternoons.

Then it's feet up with the newspaper.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Nannytopsy Sun 22-Sep-19 08:08:18

Good morning everyone and hope Sunday is kind to you all. We still await WiFi, broadband, TV etc so patchy posting from me just now. We are off the see the sea this morning, then find a pub lunch when the rain arrives.

Alygran Sun 22-Sep-19 08:08:33

Good morning from sunny North Yorkshire. DDs still asleep, SIL has gone out for his morning walk and DGS is watching something on YouTube. A slow start after my birthday dinner yesterday evening. The girls were superstars making it a special day for me.
Bacon sandwiches for breakfast when everyone gets up then possibly a trip to the village playing fields before the rain. Cold lunch then the family will be heading home.
Have a good day everyone

Marydoll Sun 22-Sep-19 08:09:18

Good morning all from a damp Glasgow.
Thanks Kate for opening up!

I'm in a rush, slept in, usually DH gives me a nudge when I doze on, so it's all HIS fault! angry He has tried to make amends, by going for the Sunday papers! That's only because he is afraid he won't get them until lunchtime, if he leaves it to me.

I'm off to open up the church, as the man who usually does it is on holiday. My voice is still non-existent, so that should please some people. grin. No gossiping and catching up for me today. It will be very difficult for me not to chat ! grinwink
The church photocopier is also not working and I will need to tinker with it. I used to end up with that job when teaching, I'm a bit of a geek and enyoy a good tinker with electronic equipment! ?

For those of you, spending time with family, enjoy and for those who are poorly or have worries, flowers.
Enjoy your Sunday.

Urmstongran Sun 22-Sep-19 08:17:40

Thanks for opening the door NanKate

Good morning everyone from a warm but very wet South Manchester. A busy day ahead.

I need to roast some pork and make the stuffing and prep the veg before noon when we drive over to pick up my second dad (of 28y) and take him for an appointment for a blood test. Then he’d like a Tesco shop. Drop that off and than back to ours, stopping en route at a nice pub so he can enjoy a pint!

Roast dinner then take him home around 6pm.

What a good idea for a thread annesixty! Sometimes as we all know what we plan can change due to circumstances and no plans at all can be interrupted. I think as Beechnut says, it would be a companion thread to this one at t’other end of the day.

Anyway hope Sunday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

EllanVannin Sun 22-Sep-19 08:17:44

Good Morning All x
Woke up to heavy rain but it's mild. The squirrel was waiting as I opened the curtains so I threw a handful of peanuts to him and he set about burying them-----hope he remembers where.

I hope Mick enjoys his break and the weather isn't too bad for him. I remember the flower displays there, gorgeous.

More washing nik-naks and storing away, then a gammon joint to cook/roast with honey and mustard so not too strenuous a day.
Hope all is well with everyone and that you enjoy your day.

oldgaijin Sun 22-Sep-19 08:18:10

Good morning from a grey Aberdeenshire! Yesterday was bright and sunny and kind friends arrived out of the blue to pick my plums, apple's and to cut the grass...thank you kind garden fairies!

The mutt is looking forward to another romp with his new bestie, a German Shepherd. She is so gentle with this annoying little flea.

Have a great day everyone.

Teal Sun 22-Sep-19 08:18:53

Good Morning all, a cloudy and misty start to the day in the NE today.
Hopefully the sun will break through, we are off for a coastal drive in ‘Vera’ our little soft top Sunday car, so called because she spends her time up and down the Northumberland coast ?
Back home for a Sunday roast and a restful afternoon before the week begins.
Hope everyone has a good day today.

Lins1066 Sun 22-Sep-19 08:19:47

Good Morning all and Mick in absentia. Hope you enjoy the cycling.
It has just started raining here on the S Welsh coast. The sunny weather was so nice while it lasted.

Have a good day everyone.

Brunette10 Sun 22-Sep-19 08:26:08

Good Morning to all from a dull Fife, so unlike yesterday. Had longer sleep today as I have some to catch up on. Up now. Chores to do today and not sure what the rest of the day will bring. Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Pantglas2 Sun 22-Sep-19 08:26:35

Morning all from dry and cloudy Spain- only three sleeps to go before I’m back in what looks like being wet Wales!

Still washing and cleaning and clearing stuff for charity shop and DH tidying up the terrace so might meet friends later for tapas. Hope you all have a domingo placido.

teaforone Sun 22-Sep-19 08:34:09

Morning everyone from here in South Notts, I was just going to say that it was raining but it seems to drying up at the moment.. Am off to have lunch on the boat which cruises on the Trent so hope the rain keeps off although it doesn’t really matter as we will all be under cover. Sundays are usually so quiet that it is lovely to be joining a group to share lunch with. Hope everyone has a good day

gillybob Sun 22-Sep-19 08:54:08

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a dull start . The fog horn has been sounding most of the night but it didn’t disturb little Evie who slept right through from 8.30 pm until just after 7 am . Can’t complain . Mummy is at work all day today so she will be with us until almost bedtime again .

Weather forecast for heavy rain later and possible thunder too so might not get to the park today .

Hope those on holiday continue to have a lovely time .

Enjoy your Sunday everyone x

Anniebach Sun 22-Sep-19 08:55:32

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x