Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(52 Posts)
12Michael Tue 01-Oct-19 06:17:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but looks wet here in Brackley this morning.
My break in Harrogate, it was an interesting week , with the weather having its fare share of control on races.
I spent most of my racing event time in a bus shelter despite it being uncomfortable over a long period and watched the world go by , spoke to many nations as well.
Mick

Pantglas2 Tue 01-Oct-19 06:28:29

Welcome back. Mick and glad you enjoyed the cycling in spite of the weather. Most of us had similar experiences but north Wales seems to have gotten away lightly this time.

A baking day today as I’ve been given some apples and my blackberries are dancing in the hedgerow in the back garden - I can just taste a crumble for tea!

Hope everyone has a good day whatever is happening x

Ginny42 Tue 01-Oct-19 06:38:09

Good morning Mick and welcome back. Glad you enjoyed your trip, I read that the cyclists were almost sailing, but people of all nationalities being interviewed said they'd loved it and they'd do it again.

Yes, dark mornings are back, winter is coming, but I'm escaping to warmer climes tomorrow for two weeks. Last night internet decided to stop working just as I was checking in and printing the tickets, and I spent a fraught hour or so with BT who eventually sorted it. Phew!

Hope everyone has a good day and to anyone feeling unwell, take good care of yourself. x

kittylester Tue 01-Oct-19 07:02:20

Morning all from a wet (again) North Leicestershire.

Blood test today and some parcels to take to the post office then lunch with a friend for a jolly good gossip catch up.

Glad you had a good break Mick, the weather certainly wasnt the best.

Enjoy your holiday, ginny. I bet you were very stressed!!

Brunette10 Tue 01-Oct-19 07:19:46

Good Morning from a dark and dull Fife, no rain however. Nice to have you back Mick. Ginny, enjoy your holiday, just chill. No Plans for today other than a quick visit to get eyebrows shaped and coloured. Have to keep brain ticking over feel I'm getting quite lazy. Hope today goes well for everyone.

Grammaretto Tue 01-Oct-19 07:21:23

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Sorry Michael that it was a wet week in Harrogate but glad you managed to enjoy rhe cycling.
I'm aching after a very long walk yesterday.
I watched 2 roe deer, mother and daughter, eating apples from our tree. Wonder if they've left enough for a pie.
Hope everyone has a good day.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 01-Oct-19 07:22:08

Goodmorning Mick, pleased you survived the weather.

Grey and damp here in SE Essex.

No idea what today will bring, all depends how our GC is this morning, he has been poorly for a few days now.

Might attack the ironing mountain????

Have a good holiday Ginny.

NanKate Tue 01-Oct-19 07:22:26

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Glad you are safely back at the helm Mick.

Back from an exhausting 6 days with the DGSs. We had a fun and very chaotic Birthday Tea on Sunday, I was kept going with a chilled bottle of champers provided by DS ??

Providing tea and cake for 40+ WI members today.

Beechnut Tue 01-Oct-19 07:24:07

Good Morning everyone and welcome back Mick. Glad you enjoyed your trip despite he weather.

Pinch punch and all that......

I think I’ll risk going out for my swim even though thunder is forecast.

I had a weird dream last night concerning a box of builders rubble where I found a dusty hairdryer!

Enjoy your holiday Ginny and have a lovely day everyone whatever you do ?

Susan56 Tue 01-Oct-19 07:29:02

Good morning from Shropshire.Good to see you back Mick,glad you had a good time.
We are off to Stafford today to look after our DGS while our daughter attends a hospital appointment then out for a meal to celebrate her birthday.
Sending love and thoughts to gilly and her husband,hope they are both ok.
Good luck with the tea and cake NanKate,you have had a busy time.
Have a good day everyone.

BlueSapphire Tue 01-Oct-19 07:34:07

Good morning all, and glad you enjoyed the cycling Mick, despite the weather.

Dull here in Northampton at the moment, and rain is forecast so I will probably give the health walk a miss today, and spend the day catching up on a few jobs. It poured all yesterday evening.

Going to try and exchange an experience voucher today. It was originally for a West End show and dinner, but when I looked at the options there were only three shows available, none of which I am particularly keen on seeing. Apparently I can exchange on line, and was quite keen on 'The view from the Shard & a lunch cruise on the Thames'. So I shall see what happens. Have already asked the givers of the voucher and they don't mind if I swap it.

Hope everyone's day goes well.

ninathenana Tue 01-Oct-19 07:35:44

Good morning all.

Good to have you back Mick, shame your trip was blighted by the weather.
We were forecast wind and storms overnight and much of today but it is currently dry in my corner of Kent.
DH's last week of his gardening jobs for this season. As usual I will be doing a food shop in between driving him.
Have a lovely holiday Ginny and I hope the rest of you have a pleasant day.

Teal Tue 01-Oct-19 07:46:35

Good Morning everyone, it’s wet again in the NE. Will it ever stop?
A quiet day today just work this afternoon for me, but first a very wet dog walk.

NfkDumpling Tue 01-Oct-19 07:55:57

Morning All

Dry here in the north of Norfolk with a smidge of blue sky, but everywhere is very soggy so it must have rained a lot last night.

A day in today. It’d be nice to think of doing a bit of gardening, but it is far too boggy and more rain is forecast later on.

Lins1066 Tue 01-Oct-19 08:04:48

Good Morning Mick, glad you enjoyed the cycling and pleased to see you back.

Dry at the moment here on the S Welsh coast, though thundery showers are forecast later. It is cooler too.
Managed to pick a load of apples in the garden before the rain yesterday, will wrap them in newspaper this morning, they keep well somewhere cool that way.
Have a good day all.

Greyduster Tue 01-Oct-19 08:07:07

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Good to have you back, Mick - sorry our Yorkshire weather let you down☹️! It is pretty horrible again this morning. A bit of shopping today (apparently we have run out of biscuits?!) and then the school run later. Have a good day folks.

vena11 Tue 01-Oct-19 08:10:00

Good morning from a very wet Bristol very high tide last night and we are expecting another this morning quite a bit of flooding around. Glad you enjoyed your trip Mike Enjoy your holiday Ginny DGS today as Dd has a meeting in her head office this morning in Bristol. Hope everyone has a nice day .

Nannytopsy Tue 01-Oct-19 08:19:35

Good morning everyone! Welcome back Mick. Enjoy your tea and cakes NanKate - you have reminded me to look up my WI. It is very soggy here in Suffolk, although it isn’t raining at the moment. We now have our study set up and three out of four bedrooms. Nearly there!

moggie Tue 01-Oct-19 08:20:13

Good morning Mick & all from chilly damp start in Nottingham. Glad you enjoyed the cycling Mick. Work for me today. Range cooker & replacement hood coming today & fitted tomorrow. Have a good holiday Ginny
Thinking of you & your DH Gillybob
Hope all not feeling well have a better day.

Alygran Tue 01-Oct-19 08:26:35

Good morning from very wet North Yorkshire. The River Swale had come over the banks yesterday so I expect it will be much worse today. Fortunately we have high flood defences protecting the village.
Dentist for me this morning then a bit of food shopping to see me through till Friday.
Hope the day is kind to everyone.

Harris27 Tue 01-Oct-19 08:34:52

Hello all from a very rainy ne. Had my sister on skype last night form oz lovely hearing from her didn’t realise I missed her so much when she rang. She snout just for a few weeks to see family. She said it’s still cold out there so not just us !, have a good Tuesday all.

cornergran Tue 01-Oct-19 08:35:12

Morning Mick, morning All from a soaked corner of Somerset. Two flood warnings, one for the sea the other the river. It is seriously damp here. From what we saw on tv a bus shelter was a good idea mick, pleased you still enjoyed your trip. Cleaning and sorting if I ever stir before a physio appointment. I have been told to expect bruising. Can’t wait grin. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

gillybob Tue 01-Oct-19 08:39:31

Good morning from the NE coast where it is dark, miserable and very wet again.

Welcome back Mick I watched a bit of the cycling (or was it rowing?) on TV and boy was it raining ? I understand they were forced to change a lot of the route. Anyway I hope you got to see at least some of it.

I’ve had a bit of a miserable few days and am having to give in and spend the day at home in bed. Having taken DH to hospital again on Sunday afternoon I had to leave him there as couldn’t possibly spread these germs around already poorly people.

I feel awful that I have let everyone down especially my poor DD and dad , but feel so poorly I can barely move and I am shaking like a leaf . Not sure but I think I must have a chest infection or else a bit of flu.

My poor DiL had her car broken into sometime during Sunday night (along with several others in the area) as if that wasn’t bad enough she had left her purse and house keys in the door pocket (having dashed into the house in the rain) and they were taken too. Obviously she stopped her bank cards and waved bye bye to the small amount of cash , but has had to get all the locks changed on the house too. She daren’t tell her employer that one of their keys was on the bunch too.

The police have been worse than I could have ever imagine. Did not come out and have arranged a telephone appointment for 2nd October, To give her a crime number. Unbelievable, how very good of them. No mention of a damaged car , stolen purse , stolen house keys etc. Any forensic evidence will be well and truly lost. Apparently there are quite a few comments on FB suggesting the culprits who are a notorious family , but again the plod are not interested.

Well that’s enough of my cheery news for today.

I hope everyone has a good Tuesday x

And enjoy your holiday Ginny I hope the sun shines everyday for you smile

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 01-Oct-19 08:41:18

Good morning from south west Northumberland, wet, wet and grey. Regardless, we are going to Keilder today, although walking may be restricted to popping in and out of the car at various stopping points. Back to the other side of Northumberland later, due to see ‘big’ brother and his wife this evening. Sometimes if we’re really organised when we come up here, we manage a gathering of the clan so I see everyone together but didn’t work out this time. Have a good day.

Urmstongran Tue 01-Oct-19 08:54:28

Good morning everyone from a very wet South Manchester. I slept in it seems - one of the absolute joys of retirement! 5 years this month and it’s the best thing we ever did, doing it a bit earlier. Less money of course but that isn’t what life is about, for me. I’m not materialistic, can do without ‘stuff’, I don’t craft or have an expensive hobby so we manage (with some leeway for treats!).

Today is the birthday of my second dad. He’s 87y and married my mum when they were both 60y. He is a gentleman in the truest sense of the world and we will bob over to see him with his present after lunch.

gillybob I hope all is alright. I haven’t seen you posting but maybe I’ve just missed your posts?

Hope Tuesday is kind to us all whether we have any plans or none. x