Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Fri 04-Oct-19 06:16:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark here in Brackley but looks like its rained .
Usual day, Bank, pay a bill , general shop.
I may pop into Banbury later , there is pub which I like which does a Bubble& Squeak with cold ham, baked beans and fried egg on top a autumn /winter warmer.
See Xmas as shown its face in supermarkets.
Mick

ninathenana Fri 04-Oct-19 06:29:03

Morning Mick and all to follow.

It's dry in Kent but too dark to know any more than that.
Usual supermarket shop and I will be on the phone to "the river" trying to get back the £200+ that has been spent on DH's card.
Have a good day everyone. Your lunch sounds yummy Mick

Beechnut Fri 04-Oct-19 06:50:55

Good Morning everyone.
Very cloudy and damp on Severnside. There is a nip in the air but I am sat cozily in bed with my bed jacket around my shoulders. (Does anyone else have/wear one?)

Shopping for me today and maybe a bit of housework then going for my pneumonia jab later this afternoon.

I love baked beans Mick have an extra spoonful.

I hope you all have a good day with no troubles ?

NanKate Fri 04-Oct-19 06:51:40

Morning Mick Nina and All.

I think we are going to have a mixed day weather wise in South Bucks.

Will be waiting for a Doc’s phone call to discuss my steroids so I can’t go anywhere until that happens.

Bubble and squeak sounds delicious Mick. Hope you can sort out the £200 Nina.

NanKate Fri 04-Oct-19 06:52:56

I’m in bed wearing my dressing gown Beechnut on my first tea of the day.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 04-Oct-19 07:02:20

Good morning from east London, it’s dry and seems milder than recently but I have got the central heating on. Hope it stays dry as I’ve got a tennis session this morning, first one this week so I’m keen to get moving. Yay for Johnson-Thompson winning her heptathlon gold; I’m not a great athletics fan but I do like to see effort rewarded. Choir rehearsal this evening, ready for the big concert tomorrow to conclude the Choirfest that’s been running for the last 2 weeks as part of the borough’s year of culture; there’s going to be a lot of noise, about 15 choirs participating separately and together. Have a good day.

Grammaretto Fri 04-Oct-19 07:10:29

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Still dark but not too cold.
We have a vegan weekend visitor so may open the baked beans too.
Have a happy Friday everyone.

Alygran Fri 04-Oct-19 07:29:25

Good morning. Just light here in North Yorkshire, it looks like it’s been a wet night again and it’s chilly. Popped the heating on for an hour.
Final bits and pieces to do this morning then leaving for the London train at lunch time. Meeting DD2 at Heathrow tomorrow morning to fly to San Francisco.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Lins1066 Fri 04-Oct-19 07:29:36

Good Morning from the South Welsh coast here it is dry and windy.
Will do a shop for fresh veg and bread later, and buy a free range chicken from our lovely butcher.
Talking of baked beans, I had some on toast yesterday, DH warmed the beans in the microwave, how long for heaven only nows they were so dried up. Never knew you could mess up baked beans but he managed it.
He has redeemed himself slightly by fetching me a cup of tea in bed.
Yippee gilly it is Friday. Hope everyone has a good day.

Resurgam123 Fri 04-Oct-19 07:33:12

Good morning all.
I seem to have developed a cold.
I have a funeral to go to support a good friend.
All I really want is to go back to bed.
It is very grey outside.
At least no one here can blame me for my cold.
We could do with a , (I have a stonking cold coming) Icon.

Susan56 Fri 04-Oct-19 07:39:21

Good morning from Shropshire.Another rainy day.
We will take DGD to pre school,at lunchtime and then into town for lunch and shopping.
Happy Friday gilly??
Hope everyone under the weather is feeling better today.
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Fri 04-Oct-19 07:50:02

Morning all from a damp North Leicestershire.

Possibly going to look for new lights for the playroom and our bedroom and then a man is coming to mend the fan oven in my range. I have been lost without it.

I hope you get some joy with the long river company nina.

Tgifriday gilly. I hope you are feeling better and have had a good sleep.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 04-Oct-19 07:55:22

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Have no idea what the weather is like here in SE Essex (curtains still closed) but the heating is set at 16 degrees and it came on about 6am. I am still in bed, waiting for Mr.Gravy to bring a nice cup of tea up to me.

Meeting a friend for lunch who doesn't know that there will be balloons, cake and all her gym friends there to celebrate her 60th which was yesterday.

I am off to Edinburgh at the weekend for 6 days, having never been before I am really looking forward to it. We are going with another couple who we have been friends with for over 30 years.

Happy Friday gillybob.

Wishing you all a happy weekend, keep safe.

Marydoll Fri 04-Oct-19 08:02:20

Good morning Mick and all all from a damp Glasgow.
It's ten degrees today , yesterday it was one degree!

A day in for me, still feeling under the weather.
We have DDG ALL weekend, whilst mummy and daddy go on a jolly to St Andrew's for daddie's fortieth birthday, so I need all my stamina for that
DS1 "doesn't want any fuss!", well you could have fooled me, he has managed to drop it into every conversation recently! grin

I have conscripted my other children to come and help as I'm pretty washed out. She will love every minute of being spoiled. I believe a bear hunt is planned, complete with a big stick and a head torch.
Instructions have been issued for her "party" before bed,
I told her as part of her surprise that she could have a sweet from the tin of Heroes, she told her dad that she was getting the whole tin! grin

My thoughts with all who are feeling under the weather.
Auntieflo, I hope you are doing as you are told and resting!

Enjoy your day everyone.

Brunette10 Fri 04-Oct-19 08:05:17

Good Morning from a dull and wet Fife. Most of the rain happened through the night but it still quite yuk outside. GrannyGravy13 I hope you have a great time in Edin, if you've not been before I'm sure you will find it's a beautiful and exciting place, lots to do. Gillybob I hope you are getting better it's Friday! DGS1 1st birthday today and cannot believe he is a year old already, it's been a very quick year. Enjoy your Friday everyone.

BlueSapphire Fri 04-Oct-19 08:06:22

Good morning all. Grey but dry in Northampton this morning and a bit milder than yesterday.

A trip into town this morning for a few things off the market, and then the school run this afternoon. Going to put a curry in the slow cooker later.

A very good course yesterday about Eleanor of Castile, and in particular what is being done to repair and restore our Eleanor Cross. Some very good speakers, some more enthusiastic and interesting than others, but all in all a good day out.

Your lunch sounds yummy, Mick!

Marydoll Fri 04-Oct-19 08:08:35

Grannygravy, I hope you have a lovely time! Wrap up well and take a brolly!
Lots of things to do, trips you can make! It's only an hour to Glasgow or you could visit St Andrew's.
Grammaretto is bound to have lots of suggestions.

GabriellaG54 Fri 04-Oct-19 08:09:08

Good morning everyone ?? from overcast Godalming. 12° rising to 16° later but damp from overnight rain.
Actually, a weak sun trying to get into the conversation ATM.
Everywhere looks pristine, greens look greener, flowers fresher, fields a rich nutty brown and horses rugged up and contentedly chewing as I passed by on my run...with weights and they did make a difference.
I felt quite virtuous afterwards as I grinned at P, my running buddy. "Tomorrow it's hills" he announced. ?
Guildford today to open another savings account and pick up my order from M&S.
I might peek into Primark before getting the bus home.
Laundry was done yesterday so nothing pressing to do later except buy a lottery ticket ?
Micks lunch sounds good ?...except for the ? but I bet the usual buses and cafes missed his daily arrival when he was in Harrogate.
I'll be in Beaconsfield tomorrow seeing friends and staying overnight but not sure if we're doing anything really exciting...we'll see.
Whatever you're up to, have a wonderful weekend and ⚘⚘⚘ to all who aren't feeling well. ?

dragonfly46 Fri 04-Oct-19 08:13:34

Good morning, as Kitty said it is very damp here in Leicestershire.

Quiet day today although at the moment got the electrician here putting a dimmer switch in as our new lights, though beautiful are very bright!

EllanVannin Fri 04-Oct-19 08:14:13

Good Morning All x
A very still morning, damp but not as cold as yesterday with there being no wind about.

Gardener coming this morning to clear some clutter which tends to build up , broken pots shrub cuttings and the like.

Stepdaughter called yesterday and stayed overnight so we were gassing until the early hours catching up with all sorts of news. I've left her sleeping because she's been a bit down as well. We're more like sisters really which is nice. Got to speak to the step-grandchildren and GGC on D's phone , they're in Wiltshire at the Army barracks, so that was lovely. Also the local step-GD who was going on night duty at the hospital for her usual shift on the dementia ward.

Good job I went to Asda the other day so there's plenty in.

Getting showered now then breakfast. Hope you all have a good day------it'll soo be over for Gillybob then she can breathe easy for a couple of days.

Flu-jab arm easing off now as it was a bit uncomfortable for a few hours yesterday and last night----but better that, eh ?
Mick and his bubble and squeak, delicious !

MaryFinn Fri 04-Oct-19 08:15:14

Bore da bawb! Good morning everyone from a damp Anglesey.
No work today, so will try to declutter the house - keep putting it off, but I WILL do it!

Mythbirtthedragon - the choirfest sounds interesting. I'm in a choir myself and would be great to meet up with other ones! I love a big concert!

BlueSapphire - Eleanor of Castile - was she Edward I's wife? Does she have a tomb in Westminster Abbey? Would love to do a history course!

Taking dog out later - when it stops raining! Might make some lemon curd, if I can remember to buy some sugar.

Daughter coming to stay next week, so got to have a tidy house!

Bye everyone, have a great weekend! Mwynhewch y benwythnos!xxxxxxx

gillybob Fri 04-Oct-19 08:25:37

Good morning from the NE coast where it is cold and grey, with rain expected later .

I’m off to “that place” in less than 20 minutes, so pleased it’s finally Friday it’s been a very tiring week.

I will be picking little Evie up straight after work and have her until Saturday night, so will have to take her with me to do my usual Friday afternoon chores , seeing to my dad, shopping etc. Both he and I are still coughing and wheezing so I hope little miss doesn’t catch the nasty lurgy .

Also my sister has asked if I can take her dog for a walk this afternoon as her usual dog walker is not available . She has texted me a long list of instructions . I could do with out it to be honest, typical that my time is never my own.

Anyhoo ...... your lunch sounds delicious Mick I often make extra veg with a dinner just so I can mash the left overs for bubble and squeak which we enjoy with cold meats and a fried egg. Yummy.

I can almost feel your excitement Alygran I hope you have a fabulous time in the USA. Not sure if you are allowed to say this anymore according to some, but I am a teensy bit envy

You will love Edinburgh GrannyGravy make sure you have plenty warm woolies with you though . I hope you have a lovely time, I’m sure you will .

Good luck recovering the £200 ninathenana it’s a horrible feeling isn’t it? I had something similar happen to me on Christmas Day last year ! I eventually got it back though.

I hope everyone with this lurgy feels better soon and Auntiflo has had a comfortable night .

Have a good Friday everyone whether you have plans or not. Stay warm x

vena11 Fri 04-Oct-19 08:29:39

Good morning sun just coming through the clouds after a light shower this morning in Bristol.
Just a food shop to do this morning might take in a film this afternoon if it rains, quite fancy seeing the Goldfinch I have read the book and liked it but sometimes the film are just not as good.
Grannygravy Edinburgh is beautiful you will love it or as Marydoll said St Andrews is lovely that is where I was born .Hope everyone has a lovely Friday .

harrigran Fri 04-Oct-19 08:33:40

Good morning from a damp underfoot NE. It rained heavily all night.
Decided to cut back the plants in the pots on the patio yesterday, put my back out again and spent a night of agony.
Nothing planned for today, perhaps some paperwork.

Nannytopsy Fri 04-Oct-19 08:37:44

Morning all from Suffolk. Awaiting the electrician who was due at 8 am!
Yesterday I was doing a bit of clearing in the garden and found we had our very own hedgehog! Have a good day!