Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(32 Posts)
12Michael Sat 05-Oct-19 06:28:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in Brackley this morning.
Usual day out to Buckingham and Bicester , hoping the flea market is on in Buckingham to browse around.
Then have a few coffees as well.
Mick

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 05-Oct-19 07:14:00

Just testing

kittylester Sat 05-Oct-19 07:23:18

Morning Mick, morning all.

The testing appears to be working mybirth.

It is clear but chilly in North Leicestershire. We have flu jabs this morning then dh has an appointment where we find out whether his tinnitus has a cause other than the fact he is 74!

Then a nice lunch on the way home.

Enjoy your days everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 05-Oct-19 07:23:25

Good morning from east London, dry and dull here. Writing quickly as system keeps flipping. Choir fest this evening, 15 choirs, one song each, then 3 songs together, 300 voices. Exciting stuff. Hope everyone has a good day.

Resurgam123 Sat 05-Oct-19 07:24:34

Good morning all.
Grey skies in Cheshire.
A cold has got at me. Yuk.
I do need to get some groceries, but I doubt if we will starve.
Off to feel sorry for myself.

12Michael Sat 05-Oct-19 07:25:49

There seems to have been some error within the system , when I first tried to post.
Hope its cleared now.
Mick

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 05-Oct-19 07:27:34

Hello kitty, it was the big empty space after Mick’s post that made me wonder, then one post didn’t work and the next the buttons went dull and wouldn’t let anything happen. I can relax now.

NanKate Sat 05-Oct-19 07:42:38

Dear Mick and All.

Cloudy and grey here in South Bucks.

Off shopping to get DGS some Liverpool FC pyjamas at Tesco couldn’t get them online.

Hope you are feeling better today Mary especially as you are in charge of ‘little one’.

Hope all goes well for MrKitty today

Susan56 Sat 05-Oct-19 07:47:03

Good morning from Shropshire.A dull but dry start.
We are off to Cheshire today to see my mum.We will go out for lunch then she wants to go shopping.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Marydoll Sat 05-Oct-19 07:49:21

Good morning all from Glasgow, it's dry just now, but we are supposed to have rain later.
Mick, I would love a rummage through your flea market.

Busy day for us. We have DGD all weekend and from the latest video of her dancing from last night, it looks as if the Duracell bunny still has plenty of energy left! grin.

The ham hough soup is bubbling away and the wee one and I will do some baking for the troops who are coming to take over, as I'm still feeling yukky.
This virus is now on it's fourth week, it's so debillitating! sad.

Have a good day, what ever your plans and for those under the weather, take care of yourself.

Brunette10 Sat 05-Oct-19 07:55:34

Good Morning all from a wet Fife, had lots of rain through the night. Marydoll you have such a busy weekend and you still not feeling great, look after yourself please. We are out today for a trip to the fair city of Perth. Just taking our time and enjoying the day even in the rain. Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Nannytopsy Sat 05-Oct-19 08:04:32

Good morning everyone! Grey here in Suffolk but the forecast is dry for today. I made my first foray into the new garden in the week, to clear some ivy and conifer that had been cut down. Had to stop clearing when I met the hedgehog who lives there so today I am looking for a hedgehog house! Rugby to watch too! Have a good day everyone.

BlueSapphire Sat 05-Oct-19 08:04:46

Good morning everyone from a dull but dry Northampton. Hoping it stays dry as I hope to cut the back grass after lunch.

Sitting here nice and cosy with one of my cats cuddling up on my lap - we are watching the rugby while trying to do the cryptic crossword in the newspaper. England match on from 9am, then Japan afterwards.

Hope the day goes well for everyone.

Beechnut Sat 05-Oct-19 08:06:37

Good Morning everyone.

Dry and getting light when I first tried to post now it is dry and light.

Not sure what to do today, whether to stay home and work in the garden or go out and mooch.

I had a pneumonia injection yesterday afternoon and so far feel ok.

I hope you all have a pleasant day whatever you do ?

Pantglas2 Sat 05-Oct-19 08:13:04

Dry here in north Wales so definitely a good morning! DH prepping full Monty before we hop on the bus to Llandudno where the rally is on. I’ll mooch around the shops while he has a look at the stands etc. Seems boring to me but he thinks same about window shopping!

Hope all who’re unwell improve and have a good weekend x

cornergran Sat 05-Oct-19 08:15:41

Morning Mick, morning All. Heavy sky over our corner of Somerset and along with heavy feeling in cornerland. Will do some garden tidying to fight off lethargy if it stays dry. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Sat 05-Oct-19 08:22:08

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A dull start in South Yorkshire but it may brighten up later. I have a heap of ironing to tackle today, and may start off a batch of sloe gin. Have a good day folks.

Gemini1789 Sat 05-Oct-19 08:27:26

Putting my Grandma hat on today . The 2 and a half year old twins come here on Sats. We also have a 2 week old staying with us for a bit. It’ll be fun . They are full of beans.

Val05 Sat 05-Oct-19 08:30:28

good morning all, as a newbie how lovely it is to see this post and everyone saying hi. Weather in my region similar to all above, but Hello to all and hope you have a brilliant Saturday x

dragonfly46 Sat 05-Oct-19 08:32:35

Good morning hoping to drag DH away from the rugby to take a couple of faulty lights back. Fortunately the new ones are already up.

Sorry to hear you are still under the weather Mary and * Corner*. Hope Gilly feels better.

GrannySomerset Sat 05-Oct-19 08:43:32

Just off to help with decorating the church for tomorrow’s harvest festival, then local shop and a small mountain of ironing beckon. Wishing all unwell and/or worried a better day.

NannyJan53 Sat 05-Oct-19 08:48:46

Good morning from sunny Hvar.

We catch the ferry at noon to Split, where we stay overnight ready for our flight home Sunday. These 2 weeks have flown by!

Sadly I had to miss my Aunts funeral yesterday (Mums sister), so that put a damper on the last couple of days.

I have suffered with Tinnitus for 10 years now kitty ,it is caused by my deafness, but I have learned to tune it out now Hoping all goes well for
Mrkitty today

Sorry you are still unwell Marydoll
I hope you feel much better soon.

Wishing you all a good weekend.

Anniebach Sat 05-Oct-19 08:56:31

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

EllanVannin Sat 05-Oct-19 09:06:39

Good Morning All x
A grey day but it's dry so far. Missed the forecast with faffing around, not that it matters as shopping was done on Wednesday and there's no washing to do to speak of-----I just like to know.

Stepdaughter went home before teatime yesterday after her 24hr stay to " pour her heart out " so I was quite exhausted when I went to bed last night but slept well making up for the night before.
That's my" Marjorie Proops" session over for a while.

Stupid surgery mucked-up my prescription again so it's a good job it's the least important that hasn't been sent. I email my requests which was acknowledged on Wednesday but nothing appeared----dozy lot.

Forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer last night to cook today so I'll cook it tomorrow when it's thawed after having just taken it out now.

Hope everyone's day goes well and take it easy ( if you can ) Marydoll.

vena11 Sat 05-Oct-19 09:15:44

Good morning everyone dry at the moment in Bristol.
I have DGS and DGD coming today for a sleep over tonight so looking forward to a nice chat filled day the little one never stops talking , its lovely to hear her stories.
I hope everyone has a lovely Saturday .