Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(45 Posts)
12Michael Tue 08-Oct-19 06:09:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry outside, my usual routine today.
Housework, then get bus later to Buckingham, then onwards to Bicester on the X5, I then return through some North Bucks Villages such as Steeple Claydon , Twyford, Marsh Gibbon back to Buckingham , for a coffee and then wait for bus home.
Mick

Beechnut Tue 08-Oct-19 06:17:17

Good Morning everyone.

Very dark and I think it’s dry.
Swimming fo me first thing after breakfast then home to work. Also try and finish the admin and get it to the mail box.

I hope you all have a good day especially those feeling far from their best ?

Sar53 Tue 08-Oct-19 06:40:52

Good morning everyone from a still dark Essex by the sea. I came home yesterday from spending a few days with my daughter and granddaughters. All three girls were ill at some time last week and my SIL was diagnosed with flu yesterday. I am now at the start of either a chest or throat infection, happy days.
I have to go to our local hospital this morning for a blood test. I've applied to be a volunteer and this is to check for antibodies for measles and TB.
I hope you all have a lovely day.

Nannytopsy Tue 08-Oct-19 06:48:41

Good morning everyone! It is just getting light in Suffolk and the skies are clear - what a lovely start to the day. DB & SiL coming to visit for lunch today, so I need to be up and doing very shortly. Hope today is kind to everyone.

kittylester Tue 08-Oct-19 07:01:35

Morning all from a drippy North Leicestershire. I'm not sure whether it is actually raining now but it looks damp out there.

Up early because dh 's first drive this has to be picked up at 8 am. I have the dentist this afternoon.

Have a lovely lunch topsy.

Enjoy your days everyone!

NanKate Tue 08-Oct-19 07:02:57

Morning Mick and All.

Chilly sunrise here in South Bucks.

Preparing for the invasion ? of my sister for a few days holiday. She arrives on Thursday so I must get a menu of meals sorted. She likes her food big time and my laissez faire attitude to food doesn’t go down well.

A long time ago I used to live in Winslow Mick so the mention of the North Bucks villages are so familiar to me.

Hope your family like your new home NannyT.

NanKate Tue 08-Oct-19 07:04:00

Morning Kitty. Hope your roof is watertight.

cornergran Tue 08-Oct-19 07:24:33

Morning Mick, morning All. It looks almost dry outside, there’s a strange light though, could mean anything. More home focus today, cleaning and onwards with my admin blitz. Hope to speak to a friend in hospital, often needs perseverance. Hoping the plumber has good news for us and Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Marydoll Tue 08-Oct-19 07:27:35

Good morning Mick and all from a dark and wet Glasgow.

An early start for me to get my bloods done.
DH has kindly offered to take me, as I've been up most of the night coughing and I'm like a half shut knife this morning.
We have an unexpected day off childminding, so I shall be taking full advantage of it and doing absolutely nothing!

Wishing everyone a pleasant day and hugs for thoses who are feeling low or poorly. flowers

EllanVannin Tue 08-Oct-19 07:39:47

Good Morning All x
A dry morning for a change with a decent sunrise and blue sky though I know the forecast isn't so hot but we can expect anything now. I do remember balmy Octobers however.

Must get some paint today to get cracking on the linen cupboard since the old tank was removed. I also need another shelf for the towels but I'll have to get someone in to do that.
Why I need all the linen I have, I don't know. Probably from the past when beds etc were made up for all the GC and a bathroom full of towels. I must give some sheets to my GD for all her flock, bath towels too which are still good.

I trust everyone is feeling okay, hope so. Enjoy the day.

NannyJan53 Tue 08-Oct-19 07:51:58

Good Morning from a much brighter Black Country.

Had a bit of a lie in today as Partner is working from home. So didn't get up until 7.30smile

We both have flu jabs this afternoon.

I will make a large batch of soup this morning (Autumn is here!) freeze most of it for lunches for next few days.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Grammaretto Tue 08-Oct-19 07:57:55

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's looking not too bad. All that rain exposed 2 leaks in 2 ceilings so I need a brave roofer.
Our linen cupboard has sheets from DM if not DGM, Ellan . Who are they for?
Hope all Tuesday's plans turn out well.

gillybob Tue 08-Oct-19 08:00:13

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a dry start .

My breakfast cafe is in full swing and the children are enjoying the menu on offer before it’s a mad dash to the girls’ secondary school then into the next town for DGS’s primary then on to “that place” for another day of fun and frolics .

The lock came off my washing machine door in my hand last night just as I was loading it with heaps of washing . Not sure what to do . Can’t be without it for very long.

I hope your cough gets better soon Marydoll mine is still driving me nuts. It seems this lurgy is hard to shake off .

Have a good Tuesday everyone x

BlueSapphire Tue 08-Oct-19 08:03:08

Good morning from a bright Northampton.

Off to Milton Keynes today. I intend to look at the laptop I may buy in John Lewis and ask a few questions before I make a final decision. Need to return a top to Fat Face; when I got it home and tried it on it was completely the wrong colour for me. Also have a voucher to spend in M&S; may get some smart black trousers as I have a funeral to go to next week. Then will probably treat myself to lunch out!

Swapped my summer/winter wardrobes yesterday; now I have a big bag of stuff for the charity shop. I was strict and got rid of stuff I hadn't worn for a couple of years, and clothes I have been waiting to be thin enough to get back into! Which I well know I won't ever be a size 12 again.......

Wishing everyone a pleasant day.

Brunette10 Tue 08-Oct-19 08:05:19

Good Morning to all, it's dry here in Fife quite a nice start, may get some washing done. Sorry to hear those under the weather this morning, Marydoll good luck with your bloods and your last minute childminding. Gilly it's horrible when one of your esentials breaks down, hope you get it sorted soon. Was supposed to be out for coffee this morning with a friend but she cancelled at last minute so I now have all today to do exactly I please smile have a good day every one.

Susan56 Tue 08-Oct-19 08:05:50

Good morning from Shropshire.A dry, bright start today.
We are off to Stafford today to look after little B while our daughter has hospital treatment.He isn’t very well so we won’t be going out, a day of cuddles I think.
Marydoll, hope you get your peaceful day and start to feel better?
Gilly thinking of you,sending love,strength and ?

Resurgam123 Tue 08-Oct-19 08:06:04

Good Morning All
I have a horrible cold . Then when I got downstairs there were just about three very old and tired looking tea bags. I needed a real fresh tea bag.
I jumped into my old jeans and put my top over my pyjama tops and into the car. It is good the ASDA was not too far away.
My nose is still aching. I feel really rough.

NfkDumpling Tue 08-Oct-19 08:09:46

Morning All

A fine bright morning here in Norfolk.

Out for lunch with friends at a pub time forgot and then to have a sports massage. The massage bit makes it sound nice, but it usually isn’t as he pounds my back into shape again. I’ll be really stiff tomorrow and then it all comes right - until the next time!

NfkDumpling Tue 08-Oct-19 08:17:29

flowersflowersflowers for Resurgam, Mary, and Gilly. I too have The Cough. It’s driving DH mad but at least he can walk away from it.

I do hope you can get you washing machine fixed pronto Gilly - if not put all the washing in the bath and let the younger children stomp on it - or better still send it to to an offspring to do. It may start a trend and you may never have washing again!!!!!! grin

Urmstongran Tue 08-Oct-19 08:17:34

Good morning everyone from a glorious South Manchester. It’s beautiful - dry, mild and sunny.

We are off to join our daughter at 2pm to enjoy our grandson’s Harvest Festival. Then when he comes in from school we will take him for his swimming lesson. I can see a real difference in his front crawl now!

gillybob when our daughter’s washing machine catch ‘went’ she Googled it on line and got the part she needed. It was around £25 and soon fixed.

Hope Tuesday is kind to us all whether we have any plans or none. x

Greyduster Tue 08-Oct-19 08:38:32

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South Yorkshire; how long for us anyone’s guess, but I have lots to do indoors. School run this afternoon when I will be turning my attention to problems involved with GS’s art homework. What seems workable when addressed in a young boy’s head doesn’t always transfer to the practical! Have a good day folks.

Pantglas2 Tue 08-Oct-19 08:40:04

Morning all - I’ve had 9 hours of blissful sleep and it feels like money in the bank! Don’t get many in a month, I’m usually a 7-8 girl with the occasional poor one of 4-5 which depresses me no end!

My DH and I had that orrible cough thing and lasted for weeks so my sympathy ladies. I’m hoping to get my flu jab in Asda today (DH gets his freebie tomorrow) that’ll be £7 well spent as I don’t yet qualify at our surgery.

You’re remarkably cheerful gillybob when things are going haywire etc - great to be around when the bullets are coming thick and fast!

Have a lovely day folks - weatherwise and t’otherwise.

Ginny42 Tue 08-Oct-19 08:41:18

Good morning Mick and everyone. I'm enjoying a part work/ holiday in southern Spain so sending commiserations on the rainy weather in the UK. However, everywhere here is parched and unattractive, so the lush green of home seems attractive at the moment.

There's a cool breeze blowing into the bedroom at the moment, which is lovely before the sun is fully up and the real heat of the day begins. Some birds warbling loudly in the tree outside. A very distinctive warble that just goes on and on. No idea what they are.

Those coughs seem to be lingering. Mine took a while to clear, so in the meantime look after yourselves. A bit of pampering works wonders when you're feeling low. Warm drinks and some tlc.

Have a good day everyone. x

vena11 Tue 08-Oct-19 08:50:43

Good morning the sun is out in Bristol this morning hope it lasts.
A bit of a late start for me this morning I was up half the night reading just could not sleep.
A bit of shopping today and maybe lunch out its a year and a half since I retired and I am still loving this do what you like thing.
I hope all you people coughs go soon it is so annoying and I hope you are feeling a bit better today Gillybob and you get your washer door sorted such a pain.
I hope everyone has a good day .

Anniebach Tue 08-Oct-19 08:56:53

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x