Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(40 Posts)
12Michael Thu 10-Oct-19 06:12:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark still but its dry here in Brackley at present.
Usual day out on the buses to Buckingham and Bicester for coffees and a shop.
As spoons have a beer festival on will call in to see what beers are on.
Mick

Nannytopsy Thu 10-Oct-19 06:26:20

Good morning Mick and all to come. The sky is clear so it looks like a good day, at least to begin with. Expecting a delivery between 7 and 9 am and they will phone 30 minutes before. It’s all a bit early for me! Enjoy your beers!

kittylester Thu 10-Oct-19 06:39:12

Morning mick, topsy, everyone!

Its dry but a bit chilly this morning.

It's our 49th wedding anniversary today. Who would have thought it! We are, coincidentally, meeting old friends for lunch.

Enjoy your beers mick.

BlueSapphire Thu 10-Oct-19 06:39:21

Good morning to Nanny, Mick and all to come. Still dark in Northampton but not raining.

Had to cancel hair appointment yesterday as plumber arrived at 9am and quickly sorted out the leak in the cloakroom. He did point out that there is a small crack in the cistern, so I took the bull by the horns and phoned the bathroom fitter. Late DH and I had always planned to redo the cloakroom, but that got put off when he was ill and then died. The fitter (who we used to do our en-suite) is coming round tomorrow with brochures and ideas.

Luckily the hairdressers could fit me in this morning, a different stylist, but they are all good there, and I have had her before. Then ballet class after lunch if it doesn't rain.

Hope you enjoy your beers Mick! And that all have a good day.

Nannytopsy Thu 10-Oct-19 07:23:29

Happy Anniversary to the Lesters!! ???

Beechnut Thu 10-Oct-19 07:24:45

Good Morning everyone.
I woke up much later than usual so it’s light and damp.

Happy Anniversary kitty and Mr kitty.

I going to get my haircut and hopefully pick up a parcel this morning and then the afternoon will be free to do whatever I want.
I hope you all enjoy the day ?

NannyJan53 Thu 10-Oct-19 07:25:54

Good Morning from a autumnal Black Country, sky is clear at the moment.

Had a good day at Forge Mill Needle Museum in Redditch. I didn't realise how many processes there were to making a needle, and some of them were very dangerous for the workers! It was sew interesting smile

Afterwards we went to Evesham Country park, for a bit of retail therapy. I bought some ankle boots reduced to £26, bargain!

Today I am going to visit my ex Manager for coffee (she was made redundant last year), then on to spend the afternoon with Mum.

Happy Anniversary to Mr&MrsLester 49 years is impressive flowers

Grammaretto Thu 10-Oct-19 07:34:05

Good morning from the breezy Scottish Borders. I woke up with earache but I'm sure when I've had my tea I'll feel better.

Congratulations to the kittylesters !

Our French helper has arrived back for another stint.
Not much on today's agenda except preparing for weekend visitors and planning an anniversary lunch for my in-laws.
Enjoy the beers Mick

cornergran Thu 10-Oct-19 07:36:03

Morning Mick, morning All. Dry at the moment in our corner of Somerset. More rain due by lunch time. Truly don’t think it will ever stop. An ever growing list of home irritants to sort today, not looking forward to it, why does everything happen at once? Congratulations kitty and mr lester, enjoy your lunch. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

dragonfly46 Thu 10-Oct-19 07:37:57

Good morning all, quiet day today, meeting friends for coffee. Their DiL went through what I have facing over the next few months last year so will get some info.

Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Lester ??

Susan56 Thu 10-Oct-19 07:38:21

Good morning from Shropshire.A dry start to the day.

My husband has his first flu jab this morning.They only have the over 65’s vaccine in so I can’t have mine yet.

I had a new vacuum cleaner delivered yesterday so will attempt to put it together,it has come in many parts!I have gone for a new brand,the ?,has been highly recommended,we shall see.

This afternoon is school pick up then usual Thursday night sleepover for our granddaughter.

Happy Anniversary kitty and Mr kitty???

Marydoll,hope the steroids are doing their job and you are feeling better.Gilly,hope you are feeling better too and everyone else who has been feeling poorly are on the mend.

Dragonfly, I hope your appointment went well yesterday?

Have a good day all.

vena11 Thu 10-Oct-19 07:38:45

Good morning all from a lovely bright morning here in Bristol.

Happy Anniversary Kitty

A bit of housework this morning and hopefully a lovely walk in the afternoon, yesterdays walk was cancelled due to the awful rain we had.

Hope everything went well for you with your appointment yesterday dragonfly

I hope everyone has a good day.

NanKate Thu 10-Oct-19 07:42:05

Morning Mick and All.

Nice morning here in South Bucks.

Collecting my sister from the station at lunchtime. There will be a lot of reminiscing, laughing and me getting niggled at her criticisms of my lack of cookery skills.

Congratulations to the KittyTwo. You are a year ahead of us you must have been a child bride. ??

Your day out sounded great NannyJ.

Marydoll Thu 10-Oct-19 07:52:08

Good morning Mick and all from a very miserable and dark Glasgow.

Happy anniversary to the Lesters and enjoy your beers. Our annual beer festival was cancelled this year, as our beautiful, Victorian town hall is being refurbished! It had become a family event for us, as we all went for lunch first, then a few hours of beer testing.

Another quiet day for me, after a very disturbed night. The good news is that the steroids are starting to do their job and my breathing is a bit easier. I won't know until I turn up at the hospital tomorrow if they will go ahead with the procedure.

I'm running , crawling to the hairdresser for a wash and blow dry , I haven't the energy to do it myself and I look a fright!

Susan, good luck with the vacuum cleaner, rather you than me. I have a man's brain, never read instructions and just go for it! It usually turns out all right in the end. grin

I hope Gilly is feeling a bit brighter.
Have a good day, whatever your plans.

Lins1066 Thu 10-Oct-19 07:57:06

Good Morning Mick and all.
Enjoy thr beer festival Mick.
It is wet and blustery with us on the S Welsh coast.

Happy Anniversary to Mr and Mrs Lester.
Have a pleasant day everyone.

BlueSapphire Thu 10-Oct-19 07:59:31

Ha! I have just investigated the cloakroom and now find that the cistern is leaking from the opposite side! I am determined to get my hair done this morning so I have put a bowl underneath to catch the drops and will ring the plumber when I get back.
Happy days!

gillybob Thu 10-Oct-19 08:00:42

A bright start here on the NE coast .

Just clearing up the breakfast cafe the off to do the school runs, followed by another wild and exciting day in the place that knows no sunshine . “that place” . More school runs then going to watch my DGS in his school footie match. He’s their leading goal scorer at the minute.

The children will be picked up later and that should be the end of my overnights until Monday but we never know for sure whether I might get “the call” over the weekend .

I’m hoping DH will fit my washing machine door lock today , it looks to be the right one. I will spread the mountains of washing out a bit when I leave as a gentle reminder wink

Huge congratulations to Mr &Mrs Kittylester 49 years wow? I hope you have a lovely day together.

I am a lot better thank you Susan56 it’s just the cough that is lingering and driving me batty. I think you will be pleased with your new vacuum cleaner (assuming you meant The Shark) they did some consumer tests on various similar models and it came out very well . I think they are brilliantly light weight too. smile

I assume from your post that you are set to start Chemo dragonfly which I know was not the news you wanted to hear. I’m so sorry but I suppose we just have to accept that the medical people know what’s best. Wishing it all over for you and then lots of flowers and sunshine

To everyone not feeling very well I hope you feel better soon, to those with exciting plans ahead I hope everything goes well and you have a great time. I hope you enjoy a couple of beers Michael and have a good Thursday everyone x

Brunette10 Thu 10-Oct-19 08:07:51

Good Morning from a bright Fife, it's not to last though, more rain later. Congratulations the kittylesters, that's a long time flowers. Everyone seems to have a busy day today. Dragonfly - I wish you well over the next few months. Glad you are at least getting to the hairdresser Marydoll, always think after a visit to the hairdresser makes you feel a bit better. Just have some shopping to do today and that's it. Wishing everyone a pleasant day.

EllanVannin Thu 10-Oct-19 08:12:40

Good Morning All x

A lovely bright cool morning with the breeze still blowing as it has done all week but it may keep the rain away.

Had a lovely afternoon and evening with step D and some of the family when she turned 70 yesterday. The gathering will be even bigger on Saturday when we all meet up for a meal out so I must fish out what to wear.

I don't envisage doing very much today apart from a bit of tidying up and a trip to the local shops.

Enjoy the 49th year celebrations in the Kittylester household it's a marvellous stage to reach.
Everyone stay well and gillybob look after yourself, have a good and safe day.

ninathenana Thu 10-Oct-19 08:16:22

Good morning.
The sun is out in Kent and the laundry is on. DH is still in bed, I heard him move to the spare room at 3am so he's probably been awake most of the night. He was going to paint the downstairs loo but maybe not today.
Congratulations Mr. &Mrs. Lester he'd better start saving for next yr smile hope you both have a lovely day.
Hope all other GNrs have a good day too.

Greyduster Thu 10-Oct-19 08:25:58

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is cold and dry and the sun is fighting its way through in South Yorkshire at the moment. We have some gardening to do and then may get a walk in if time allows. Happy Anniversary to Mr and Mrs Lester and many more to come!??. Dragonfly ?. Have a good day folks.

aggie Thu 10-Oct-19 08:26:27

Good Morning all from a dull dry and still Co Armagh , Getting ready for a wee walk to prayers . The local primary school have a different class there every Thursday, it is nice to have them singing , I will light a candle for poorly people
A visit to the farm shop to get the paper and a few bits to keep me going , they do a nice Cottage pie
Several large men crowded into my flat yesterday , but the bit that was needed was the only bit not with them , so still a cold bedroom , but it will be fixed hmm

Beechnut Thu 10-Oct-19 08:30:34

It’s possible when you have your cloakroom refitted BlueSapphire that you will have valves fitted into the pipes so you can turn off the water and it not affect the rest of the house.

harrigran Thu 10-Oct-19 08:31:58

Good morning from a dry bright NE.
Household chores this morning then will visit sister to drop off her birthday card and present.
Happy anniversary to the Lesters ??
It is our 52nd on Monday.
Best wishes to poorly people.

Auntieflo Thu 10-Oct-19 08:32:02

Good morning Michael, Annie to come and all others.
Bright and chilly , start to the day, but wondering whether it will rain later.
Have to wait in for a phone call from the Dr, which could be at any time, not that I had planned on going out. I managed to walk to the surgery yesterday, for blood tests, and hoped it might make my back/hip loosen up, but it didn't.
I have arranged to have a cleaner, starting on Monday, for 2 hours, and she will come for four weeks, until I hope to feel better. She is lovely, lives nearby, and we have known the family for 10 years,so I was glad she could fit us in.
Happy Anniversary Mr&MrsKittylester, enjoy your day.
Gillybob here's hoping Mr G can fix your washer door lock, and make a start on some of the laundry. I don't think DH would know where to begin smile
Wishing Dragonfly well for her forthcoming treatment, and that Marydoll gets her mojo back.
Have a good day one and all.