Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(53 Posts)
12Michael Wed 16-Oct-19 06:09:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its been raining here in Brackley this morning.
May pop out later into Banbury then return, and relax and have my lunchtime nap , which can be from half an hour to 2 hours.
Mick

NannyJan53 Wed 16-Oct-19 06:20:07

Good Morning Mick and all to follow from a drizzly, dark Black Country

I am off in a few minutes to Wolverhampton, pick up Mum then onto a coach, as we are having a day trip to Bletchley Park

Wishing everyone a good day, and special thoughts to gillybob hoping she has better news today

kittylester Wed 16-Oct-19 06:40:34

Morning all from a quiet North Leicestershire. It isn't raining and isn't particularly cold.

There are however lots of floods round and about. Luckily we are one of the highest points in the village so we only get water coming in the roof of our house not the front door.grin

We have the yearly gardenener coming to put the back garden to bed. She only rang last night so we are writing a list in a bit of a panic.

Carer's course this afternoon.

Sending lots of love gilly and anyone else who needs it.

dragonfly46 Wed 16-Oct-19 06:41:24

Good morning from dark Leicestershire, hoping the sun will shine today so we can go for a walk.

Hoping for better news from gilly and hoping that Marydoll is feeling better.
Also that those going for scan results and blood test results had good news.

GabriellaG54 Wed 16-Oct-19 06:46:57

Hi everyone smile
It's been raining here in Godalming overnight and because of the darker mornings, my run starts later at 06.45.
I'm togged up and ready to go (with headlight) and we'll be doing 90 mins on a flat run.
Rest of the day will be laundry -just 1 load of running stuff and some baking for the freezer as I'm on day 1 of 2 fasting days.
Bought these boots from M&S which arrived yesterday, all set for winter now.
Best wishes to Gillybob and Marydoll. I do hope you both get the help you need with DH and meds and flowers to everyone who's feeling under the weather.
BFN...smile

dragonfly46 Wed 16-Oct-19 07:03:33

Ellan hope your meeting went well yesterday.

Sar53 Wed 16-Oct-19 07:25:27

Good morning everyone from a dull, grey Essex by the sea. Hair cut this morning then not much else planned today.
Blood test results yesterday showed thst my potassium levels are low and my liver function is not where it should be. The good news is that my blood pressure is much improved. I'm to have another blood test in two weeks time, then maybe a change in medication.
DH is not well, he had to drive to Birmingham and back yesterday, a round trip of 8 hours. He is not one to complain or seek sympathy but I can see he is feeling rough. Unfortunately he has another drive to a meeting today.
I hope there is better news from Gilly today and I hope anyone who is struggling has a good day.

BlueSapphire Wed 16-Oct-19 07:27:25

Good morning all, back in Northampton now after my day on Severnside yesterday. A good train journey down; I'd forgotten how much I enjoy train travel. A very good turnout for the funeral and lovely to hear some really good and hearty Methodist hymn singing. Although a bit difficult for me as one of the readings and a hymn were what I'd chosen for DH's funeral. It was lovely to see the family and they very kindly invited me to have a meal with afterwards. And then instead of coming back on the train as planned I was driven home, all the way back to Northampton, as one of the relatives lives near Market Harborough (about half an hour from me).

Cats to the vet this morning for their annual health check and vaccinations. Hope they behave themselves! Then depending on the weather I may venture out on a Health Walk this afternoon. If not I'll be making more headway with my book club book.

Hoping to hear better news from Gillybob.

Greyduster Wed 16-Oct-19 07:36:36

Good morning Michael and all GNs. It’s is wet in South Yorkshire this morning. DH has an appointment to get his loose tooth sorted out and then we have a quiet day before we are child minding GS this evening while his ma and pa go out. I expect it will be homework and then back to back episodes of Masterchef (he’s a huge fan!). Hope things are better for Gilly this morning, and all who are struggling.

Marydoll Wed 16-Oct-19 07:47:00

Good morning all from a very dark, but mild Glasgow.

Another quiet day for me, it seems to be taking ages to get back on my feet , not great today, but all the kind wishes and prayers have given me such a boost.
I'm in good spirits, just really frustrated! Hope springs eternal.

Gabriella, could you stop going on about those boots, you are making me jealous. envy
After reading about your M&S boot purchases on another thread, I used my 20% voucher to buy a pair I didn't need, but really lusted after!!! grin
My DIL was going to collect them yesterday, but they have disappeared into the ether, nowhere to be seen, now I have no boots (a fib), I have many Not that I'm going anywhere, any time soon. sad

I had two separate visits from friends yesterday and another very old friend is popping in this afternoon. That's probably the reason for my sore thoat today, they couldn't get a word in edgeways! grin. I guess you are all not surprised at that. wink
My wee granddaughter was a star yesterday, she was quite unwell, so I have told advised DIL to contact the hospital asthma clinic for advice, this can't go on.

The Gillybobs are currently in my thoughts, as are those who are battling ill health and constant worry..
Kitty, every time I look at the weather forecast, my heart sinks for you.

Have as good a day as you can.

ninathenana Wed 16-Oct-19 07:48:18

Morning everyone from damp, windy Kent. Although we had over night rain I think once again we were the dryer corner of the county.
DH will finish painting the cloakroom today and I will be doing.........not a lot.
Good wishes and positive thoughts to all who need them.

Beechnut Wed 16-Oct-19 07:50:09

Good Morning everyone.

Cloudy and damp this morning.

I may run an errand this morning and have a few sewing jobs to do.

Like the rest of you I hope that gilly is getting some sleep and her DH is recovering.
?

Resurgam123 Wed 16-Oct-19 07:53:08

Good morning All. A very damp misty day.
Looking to the news, it appears there are a lot of Man of war jelly fish blowing coming our way from Ireland. .
I would advise no skinny dipping for a while.
Looking at the TV and listening to Radio four at the same time is interesting.
Switching off TV now though.

NanKate Wed 16-Oct-19 08:07:29

Morning Mick and All.

Grey morning in South Bucks, I think it should improve.

I am taking 2 friends out to lunch and then to the Garden Centre for a mooch.

Mary if you and I got together I think we could both talk ourselves silly. I like a good chat as Kitty would confirm when I was lucky enough to be staying in her area and we met up for a conflab.

Bletchley Park is fascinating NannyJ enjoy yourselves.

Lucky your home is where it is Kitty. We are at the top of a hill so flooding would be impossible.

Hope for better news with Gillybob and her DH.

vena11 Wed 16-Oct-19 08:11:10

Good morning from a dry Bristol, what a beautiful day we had yesterday, we got some of the garden sorted and our patio table has now got its cover on.
I hope we have some good news from gillybob and I hope everyone has good news of some sort this morning, its been a worrying time for a lot of people this week , I don't know anyone but talking every morning makes you think about other peoples troubles.
I sending everyone good luck hugs and a worry free day today .

Susan56 Wed 16-Oct-19 08:11:41

Good morning from damp and miserable Shropshire.
Today will be spent waiting for the plumber.The shower has broken,not sure if we need a plumber or an electrician,will start with the plumber and the kitchen sink plug hole has cracked as well?Also need to phone the dentist to make an appointment as broke a blooming tooth yesterday.
Marydoll,hoping you and your little granddaughter start to feel better soon??
Sar glad your results were more positive than you thought,hopefully things can be sorted with a medication change.Hope Lins has good results??
Ellan hope your meeting went well yesterday?
Gilly,hope things are improving for your husband and that you have managed some rest.x

NfkDumpling Wed 16-Oct-19 08:15:06

Morning All

High cloud here in Norfolk, but rain forecast for later. No plans apart from a bit more gardening to find homes for all the plants we acquired from the sale.

Hopefully there’ll be better news from Gilly this morning.

Urmstongran Wed 16-Oct-19 08:15:31

Good morning everyone from Oldham where it’s a dark morning because it’s chucking it down right now.

I have settled very nicely into my aunt’s (forced) routine so no plans apart from lunch, chat and television. Thankfully they have t’internet and I’ve brought my iPad!

Husband will FT me in an hour and a half after their hotel breakfast. My uncle rings my aunt in the early evening which works well - two updates a day!

Hope Wednesday is good to us all (including the gillybobs who are much in my thoughts) whether we have any plans or (like me) none. x

Brunette10 Wed 16-Oct-19 08:21:48

Good Morning from a wet and dull Fife. Have my Uncle coming through today and we shall take him out for lunch, he is managing after our recent bereavement of his wife, my aunt, I do so admire how he is getting on with life. Thoughts are with everyone not so good today. Hopefully things are better for Gilly and anyone feeling under the weather.Lots of rain about hope everyone is ok. Try and have a pleasant day everyone.

Lins1066 Wed 16-Oct-19 08:31:59

Good Morning Mick and all from a dry S Welsh coast. Heavy rain overnight but forecast is promising for today.
Scan yesterday showed that I have a fracture in my spine and something showed up near metalwork from a previous fusion. I am having standing X-rays tomorrow, the Consultant said that this will probably show him more.

Sar53 sounds like they are monitoring you well and will sort out your medication. Hope your DH feels better soon.
Glad that Marydoll is in good spirits and thinking of gilly.

Needless to say that a quiet day in prospect for us today and DH is being a star.
Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Wed 16-Oct-19 08:37:44

Lins, you have my sympathy, you must be in absolute agony.
I went to work as a teacher for six months with two undiagnosed spinal fractures, before I had surgery, so I know how debilitating it can be. The pain was excrutiating.

I do hope doctors can find out what is wrong and provide at least some measure of relief. flowers

GrannyGravy13 Wed 16-Oct-19 08:46:02

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Grey and overcast in SE Essex.

I have been worrying about the Gillybobs, let's hope they have had some positive news ?

Sar53, hope MrSar is not overdoing things and you look after yourself.

Marydoll try and rest (from one "bootaholic" to another) ??

NannyJ53 We visited Bletchley Park 3 weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, they do a tasty afternoon tea in the Mansion.

Off to Callanetics this morning, then general household pottering.

Hope your Wednesday is not too wet and wild ☔️?

NanKate Wed 16-Oct-19 08:46:12

Hope you are feeling less yucky today Mary. Ginger beer or fizzy water helps when I have nausea.

Anniebach Wed 16-Oct-19 08:57:01

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Marydoll Wed 16-Oct-19 09:00:02

It will be fizzy water, Kate, I really don't like ginger, DH's favourite! Opposites attract. grin
It's the heart meds, they are making me really lightheaded and my RA meds are making me nauseous, I feel as if I'm floating! Nae luck, as we say here in Glasgow.

Without sounding maudlin, I'm so glad to be in a position that I can post and am positive about the future, it will just take time. I did have my doubts last week.
Here endeth my thought for the day.

What a lovely thread this is, Mick!.