Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(49 Posts)
12Michael Tue 22-Oct-19 06:11:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
My usual bus trips out to Buckingham and Bicester for coffees and snacks.
AS to getting the "Yesterday" DVD its not released until 4th November.
Mick

kittylester Tue 22-Oct-19 06:49:46

Morning mick, morning all.

North Leicestershire is cold but dry. Early start from us as I have to set off at 8.oo to get DS1 to the hospital by 9.30 for his botox injections.

Dentist this afternoon!

Yesterday is a great film Mick. The music is great but the concept a bit weird.

Love to gilly and hoping for better news.

Alygran Tue 22-Oct-19 06:55:56

Just about bed time in California. We have been here nearly 3 weeks and are spending the night in Death Valley. The temperature is still in the 70’s at 10.30. Today’s drive was long but spectacular.
Sending best wishes to all who need them especially Gilly. Have tried to keep up but it’s been a bit tricky with WiFi and the time difference.

vena11 Tue 22-Oct-19 06:59:37

Good morning all still dark here in Bristol . Up since 5.30 17 month old DGS does not believe in sleeping at this time lovely smiley face though such a treat . Hope all has a lovely day. Thiughts still with Gillybob I hope you find some improvements today

dragonfly46 Tue 22-Oct-19 07:14:31

Good morning from Leicestershire.

Pre- chemo assessment today so feeling a little nervous.

Hoping for better news from Gilly and hoping Mary feels better.

Beechnut Tue 22-Oct-19 07:22:49

Good Morning from Severnside.

It’s cloudy and the sun is just starting to make a peep in the distance.
When I wake up I like to play ‘guess the time’ I as 20 minutes out this morning.

Good wishes to you all for the day whatever you are doing.

I’m going for a swim after breakfast ?‍♀️
?

vena11 Tue 22-Oct-19 07:24:04

Dragonfly it will be fine it is a unknown and strange time but you will get through it.

NfkDumpling Tue 22-Oct-19 07:26:00

Morning All

High cloud here in Norfolk with gaps where there’s nearly a sunrise.

I’m off into Norwich for the day. I volunteered to be on a stand at the Science Fair, and I’m not sure now that it was such a good idea. Apparently it was rather busy yesterday!

Good luck to you Dragonfly and really hoping for better news from Gilly.

And have a relaxing day Mary!

Lins1066 Tue 22-Oct-19 07:26:33

Good Morning from a dry S Welsh coast.
Just having a cup of tea.
Hope all goes well for you this morning dragonfly.
Thinking of gilly, hope you had some rest and that things improve for your husband very soon.
Best wishes to all feeling ill or with worries.
Have a good time Alygran.

Lisagran Tue 22-Oct-19 07:42:54

Off to a campsite at Hele Bay near Ilfracombe today in our campervan - hope the weather’s reasonable around there, although I have packed warm clothing grin. Husband keeps calling it Hell Bay - hope it isn’t!
Will be thinking of you, Gillybob - you must be exhausted - hope there’s been some progress. Best wishes x

Susan56 Tue 22-Oct-19 07:49:35

Good morning from Shropshire where another dry day is forecast.
The plumber is hopefully going to fix the kitchen sink this morning if the part fits??
This afternoon we are over the border into North Wales to babysit while our daughter goes to parents evening for our granddaughter.I don’t remember parents evenings for three year olds when my girls were children.
Hope all goes well for you this morning dragonfly?
Mary,Lins and anyone else in pain and under the weather, hope that you are all starting to feel better.
Gilly,thinking of you and sending love.x

GrannyGravy13 Tue 22-Oct-19 07:50:31

Goodmorning Mick and all from a bright but chilly SE Essex.

Thinking of you dragonfly flowers

Hoping there has been some improvement for your dear man, love and virtual hugs gillybob flowers

I shall be steaming Christmas puddings today (8 hours) I use my Great Granny's recipe which dates back to the late 1800's, I have used her recipe since my twenties, bittersweet memories of times gone by with my gran, but she would be pleased the tradition is carried on.

Wishing you all a good Tuesday.

ninathenana Tue 22-Oct-19 07:54:14

Good morning from dull but dry Kent.
Car is booked for MOT this morning and DH and I will take a short walk to Tesco for a small shop and a coffee whilst we wait.
Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Tue 22-Oct-19 08:01:48

Morning Mick and All.

Pleasant cold morning here in West Sussex.

Returning home after our rather stressful time with the DGSs. The good news is that our youngest only had to be in hospital for about 7 hours. The wonder of modern medicine. He was insistent that he should come back to his dad’s home to say goodbye to us, especially my DH who had been up all night with him and gone in the ambulance with him. At least we know what to do in an emergency with the kids having done it once now. Phew !

Let us know how it all goes today Dragonfly.

NanKate Tue 22-Oct-19 08:02:44

For the Gillybobs ?

Brunette10 Tue 22-Oct-19 08:03:50

Good Morning from a cold Fife. Not sure what the temperature is but it's chilly. dragonfly46 hope things go ok for you today, I can imagine how nervous you are but just hold in there. Hoping to hear news from gilly too today. Alygran sounds divine - enjoy! Hope today goes well for everyone.

Marydoll Tue 22-Oct-19 08:08:26

Good morning all from a dull Glasgow, but at least it's dry.

Dragonfly, my best wishes for today. I hope you feel better, once you have discussed your treatment plan. Sometimes it's the not knowing that's worse.
Kate, I hope your wee grandson is on the mend.

I woke early with chest pain, but feel a bit better now. Thanks goodness for the NT spray.
It's so frustrating, as I want to get back to normal and it just ain't happening! sad
I think clearing out the cupboard yesterday may have been a big mistake!! blush

I did however find, some items I must have bought in the sales last winter and put away for this year's Christmas presents. I think I'm losing the plot. grin
Let's just say, my daughter and wee granddaughter are going to be well rigged out for winter!!!

Safe journey for all those driving today.

As always, Gilly and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ginny42 Tue 22-Oct-19 08:14:03

Good morning Mick and everyone. Got a hectic day so just popped in to send good wishes.

Gillybob I hope things begin to improve soon. You're being incredibly brave. dragonfly I hope all goes well today. Marydoll I hope you have a better day today.

Enjoy your holidays whether it's California or 'Hell' Bay! I'm off to defrost a friend's fridge freezer as they're due home from hospital and it's completely frozen up and I had to 'post' meals through the drawer handles. The carers need to be able to get at them!
Have a good day everyone. x

Auntieflo Tue 22-Oct-19 08:15:58

Good morning Michael, Annie and all who follow.
Wishing you well for your assessment Dragonfly,
and to Marydoll, keep on resting and doing as you are told. Hard though it may be.
My best of wishes to Gillybob and that her dear man responds to treatment.
To all who are under par, take it easy .
I am hoping to go back to volunteering this afternoon, but we will see later on how I am. Fingers crossed.
Have a good day one and all.

Urmstongran Tue 22-Oct-19 08:24:07

Good morning everyone from a mild South Manchester. I was making a cuppa at 7:15am and the sunrise over the Pennines was so beautiful I took this picture from my balcony.

Then our eldest daughter and I had a lovely chat for 20 minutes on her way into work on the motorway from Leeds. Now and again we do that. She is a speech & language therapist in the NHS.

It’s half term here in Trafford so we will be seeing the smalls at some stage today then at teatime will take the 7y old for his swimming lesson - it gives mummy chance to bathe the 2y old at get her into her jammies by the time we get back.

Good luck dragonfly with your assessment today I hope all goes well for you. Your holiday in California sounds amazing Alygran I would love to have a holiday there in the future. And a camper van sounds such fun - freedom - Lisagran!

Hope we here from gillybob with better news and that Tuesday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Urmstongran Tue 22-Oct-19 08:25:13

* hear
And I forgot to add the photo ...

BlueSapphire Tue 22-Oct-19 08:27:00

Good morning everyone; it's dry here in Northampton but looking a bit grey.
Hoping to go for a Health Walk after lunch if it stays fine, and possibly have a coffee and chat with a friend afterwards.
A few odd jobs to do first though. Then the bathroom fitter is coming this evening to look at what I've chosen for the new cloakroom to see what is possible and fits. It is a nuisance having to trail upstairs every time to use the bathroom (but good exercise!)
You must take things easier, Marydoll!
Hoping Gillybob has better news today.

harrigran Tue 22-Oct-19 08:27:35

Good morning from agrey but dry NE.
Pretty hacked off as estate agent contacted us to say buyers want to renegotiate on our property, their surveyor said the windows are not very nice hmm
It is a conservation area with wooden window frames, no white plastic allowed.
They have already taken our eyeballs and now they want the sockets.
Positive thoughts winging to the gillybobs.
Best wishes to others with medical worries and appointments.

EllanVannin Tue 22-Oct-19 08:28:22

Good Morning All x
Prospects of a decent day so washing on the menu this morning, no wind about though but it will be fresh.
A trip to Asda is going to be necessary too.

Hope all goes well for Dragonfly, sending you thoughts x keep us updated.
Gillybob is also in my thoughts x A long journey ahead.
Marydoll keep doing as you're told as it does pay off in the end.
Anyone else not so grand, hope things improve.

Ilfracombe was lovely last time I was there, Hele bay and an old mill where you can get a lovely meal including a cream tea too. There's a manor to visit and gardens if they're open at this time of the year.

Enjoy the day everyone.

NannyJan53 Tue 22-Oct-19 08:29:22

Good Morning from a bright but chilly Black Country.

No real plans today, I need to renew my railcard, which gives 30% off rail travel. If I travel in the West Midlands, that is free with my Senior Pass smile

Good news that your DGS is now home NanKate

Thinking of Dragonfly today, and of course gillybob is still in my thoughts, and hoping for better news soon.

Hoping you feel stronger today Marydoll