Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(48 Posts)
12Michael Wed 23-Oct-19 06:11:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark here in Brackley but dry and appears to be foggy as well.
Quiet day ,small shop, and just see how the day develops.
Mick

Ginny42 Wed 23-Oct-19 06:57:49

Good morning Mick and all who follow. Up since 4.00 and I'm having a second cuppa and breakfast now. It's dark and I haven't looked out yet.

Yesterday I went to a friend's house to prepare for her return from hospital. Whilst there, a former neighbour of hers called in saying he thought she was home. It seems last week he'd told the people at the care home that he was a family friend and as they needed her key, he agreed to go and get it from a trusted neighbour. During the conversation it transpired that he'd entered the house and had been through the whole house, switched a light from a timer to being on all the time, knew there were some sensitive letters on the table and even knew that she had lots of tools in the garage. I'm meeting a family member this morning to discuss what he'd done. I feel he was trespassing. You can never be too careful.

Looking forward to lunch with my best friend later.

Greetings and good wishes to Gillybob and her DH, hoping one of the anti-biotics is proving effective. Hope you're feeling better today too Marydoll. Follow the Dr's orders. Good wishes to all who may be feeling poorly or sad. xx

vena11 Wed 23-Oct-19 06:58:57

Good morning for a dry still dark Bristol.
UP early for the school run after three day of baby duty and now the early school run I will need the rest of the week to recover, it was enjoyable.
I hope you got on well yesterday Dragonfly
I hope everyone else has a good day.
Gillybob flowers

Grammaretto Wed 23-Oct-19 07:04:46

Good morning Mick and all from the Scottish Borders where it's still dark.
A quiet day here I hope, with my craft group this morning, lunch out and badminton later. I will pop in to see my in-laws too.
I must make up a bed for our new helper, who is due this evening and find plenty of tasks for her this week and next.

I hope for better news on here today.

cornergran Wed 23-Oct-19 07:22:51

Morning Mick, morning All from a dark, dry corner of Somerset. Spent the day with a friend yesterday, she’s very low and unwell. While we were there heard another friend recovering from a brain bleed had been blue lighted to hospital with severe chest pains, fortunately she was discharged last night but one way or another a worrying day.

Today will be more relaxing. Coffee and lunch with a GN friend after some dusting. Sending good wishes to gilly, dragonfly, marydoll and all with health or other worries. Yes, ginny I’d be uncomfortable with the neighbours actions too. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

NfkDumpling Wed 23-Oct-19 07:23:36

Morning All

A clear sky dawning and decidedly chilly here in the north of Norfolk.

The plumber is coming this morning to fit a new shower. Hopefully. We have a problem with pre-metric pipe work and sometimes things won’t fit.

Make haste slowly Marydoll

I hope all went well for you Dragonfly

flowers and positive vibes heading in Gilly’s direction.

(Oh, and thankfully GMA there were no dissections at the Science Fair yesterday. I was concerned after seeing the film of the dead ostrich being flopped around all dead and smelly!)

Marydoll Wed 23-Oct-19 07:24:53

Good morning Mick and the early risers from a very dark, but thankfully dry Glasgow. The washing will be going out! grin

Ginny, that is very worrying, he could be genuinely concerned or just downright nosy!!! I would hate someone wandering around my home, when I'm not there. What a cheek.
I hope he returned the key.
How kind of you to look out for your friend, I hope you have a lovely lunch with your friend. .

Another day in for me, for a number of reasons. I wasn't too good yesterday, but it serves me right for not looking after myself.
We had planned to go down the coast for lunch today, as we had gift vouchers for a newly reburbished restaurant, but it just ain't happening. sad

One of my RA drugs has become impossible to obtain, (NOT Brexit related!!! grin ) It seems there is a world wide shortage, which various governments taking are action on, except, apparently, the UK!
After speaking to the pharmacy, I spent the afternoon on the phone, leaving messages for the rheumatology nurses, consultant's secretary and my GP. I didn't get to speak to any of them.
I will go through the whole process again this morning. It's all quite worrying. On top of that I'm itching all over, a side effect of my new medication. sad
Life is always eventful chez MaryDoll!! Thank goodness I'm still able to deal with it all myself.
I shall indulge myself by bingeing on Homes Under The Hammer and some chocolate. grin

Dragonfly, I hope you are feeling more settled after your appointment yesterday.

As usual special hugs for the Gillybobs and all those who are ill or have worries.

Enjoy your day, whatever your plans, it will probably be more exciting than mine. grin

GrannyGravy13 Wed 23-Oct-19 07:28:37

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Curtains still drawn, and dark outside.

Dragonfly I hope you are feeling reassured after your hospital appointment yesterday.

Marydoll is the enforced rest "paying off" yet?

gillybobs, my thoughts and prayers are with you, hoping for a break through for your dear husband.

Pedicure & manicure this morning, then straight to the gym, going to dinner tonight with a dear friend who has just had a back operation, (Mr,Gravy has a meeting so it will be just us).

Be good folks!

oldgaijin Wed 23-Oct-19 07:29:57

Good morning from a dark Aberdeenshire. On Monday, I had my first cataract removed and what a difference it has made! Thought I'd have to wait months but got a cancellation so can't wait to get the other eye done. Am looking forward to being able to drive safely again and to thread the sewing machine.

Am all ready for daughter's brief visit 'tho the mutt isn't very excited at seeing her...he's had a much needed bath as he was a bit of a stinker!

Have a good day.

Beechnut Wed 23-Oct-19 07:32:20

Good Morning everyone.

It’s just getting light on Severnside.

I’ve got some homework to do this morning and then I’ll gather up the things I need for my craft lesson and probably do some knitting. I want to get it finished before the baby arrives in a few months.

I too send my best wishes to poorly folk and hope that you are taking care of yourself gillybob and not living off anything like rhubarb and custard sweets like I did when my DH was in hospital.
Have a lovely day whatever you do ?

NanKate Wed 23-Oct-19 07:48:44

Morning Mick and All.

Back home in a brightening South Bucks.

So good to be home after our blue light experience with our youngest grandson. We saw him briefly yesterday and the wonders of steroids have brought him back to his usual cheeky self, what a relief.

Sorry to hear about the itching Mary and the lack of drugs.

Hope for better news from the Gillybobs today.

It is our 48th WA today so must stop now as we are walking into town for a slap up breakfast and then off to Downton this afternoon. ?

NanKate Wed 23-Oct-19 07:50:26

Meant to say Oldgaijin I’m pleased you got the cancelled appointment slot and you are half way to full vision. ?

kittylester Wed 23-Oct-19 07:50:44

Morning all from a dry North Leicestershire.

Ironing for me this morning and them Alzheimer's course this pm.

Then I have a real treat! DH and DS1 are off to the football so I have the house to myself. They eat at the pub on the way so I can eat whatever I like. Tonight it will be baked potato and lamb chops with cauliflower cheese.

ginny, I think I would get the locks changed never mind just getting the keys back.

I hope today is an easy one corner

Thinking of everyone with health issues, worries and concerns.

Special (((hugs))) fir gilly!

Lins1066 Wed 23-Oct-19 07:59:19

Good morning from a dry and a little misty S Welsh coast.
There was a beautiful sunset over the sea last night.
I am a little easier and able to walk with less pain. I have to be so careful though.
Happy Anniversary * NanKate*.
Take care of yourself Marydoll.

Brunette10 Wed 23-Oct-19 08:02:14

Good Morning from a dark but dry Fife. Lying later these days due to dark mornings but tbh quite enjoying it.Off out today up to Perth to browse along what is called the 'car mile looking for inspiration for new car. We have a leaky pipe in our bedroom so DH got all bits to replace/repair radiator. White carpet which only got laid last year will be staying as it's not harmed apart from holes that will be left due to not being able to get same sized radiator, no matter it's only the two of us who will see the holes. Hopefully Mary another day in will help you on your road to recovery. Thinking of gilly hope to hear some positive news. Thinking of everyone with ailments, troubles. Good wishes to all.

dragonfly46 Wed 23-Oct-19 08:02:56

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Appointment went well yesterday. I am one of the lucky ones as my chemo is to prevent it coming back as all was removed in the op. I start on Friday and will have 6 or 8 sessions once every 3 weeks. Better go and find me a gorgeous wig ?.

Corner what a saint you must be but worrying that you have two sick friends at opposite ends of the country.

I am sorry you have added concerns Mary I hope you get the meds sorted out and the itch subsides.

oldgaijin I remember my mum threw away her glasses after her op.

Thinking of * Gilly* of course and sending lots of love.

NannyJan53 Wed 23-Oct-19 08:05:10

Good Morning from a misty Black Country.

Meeting a friend today for coffee at a local Garden Centre. She is the lady I met on holiday in Lindos last year, who turned out to live 4 miles away!

What a cheek Ginny I would certainly advise your friend to have her locks changed.

Happy Anniversary NanKate hope you both have a lovely day. Only 2 years to the Golden smile

Sorry you are having difficulty with your drugs Marydoll, hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Thinking of the gillybobs and hoping for better news today.

harrigran Wed 23-Oct-19 08:09:28

Good morning from a grey but dry NE.
No plans for the day as we are waiting to hear from a plumber about a boiler service.
Yesterday filled four sacks for a charity collection, the wardrobes still look full which surprised me.
Sending a {{hug}} to gilly and praying this is the day that the corner is turned.

Susan56 Wed 23-Oct-19 08:15:48

Good morning from Shropshire.A lovely dry and bright start to the day here.
We are off to Stafford today to see our younger daughter and family.She has finished her hospital treatment so we will probably go for lunch and a walk at Shugborough.
We bought tiger bread yesterday.After I had gone to bed my husband ate half of it with a lot of butter and consequently we have been up half the night as he had dreadful indigestion?I genuinely thought he was having a heart attack.No more tiger bread for a while?
Lins, glad things are improving for you??
Hope things went well for you dragonfly and Mary hope that you get sorted with medication today.
Ginny,that sounds very worrying,lucky that your friend has you looking out for her.
Gilly,Sending love and hope things are improving for your husband and that the antibiotics are starting to do their work.x

Susan56 Wed 23-Oct-19 08:17:41

Happy anniversary Nankate ??

gillybob Wed 23-Oct-19 08:19:04

Good morning from the NE coast.

Day 12. Still no change . Lots of antibiotics running parallel now in the hope that one of them might just do the job. The microbiologist himself said “he is a tricky chap, this one” . The anaesthetist reduced his sedation ever so slightly yesterday for a very brief time in order to check brain function . This is something they will now do on a regular basis . It isn’t really a positive sign it’s just something that they have to do when someone has been in a coma for so long, in order to check for normal brain activity . Extremely upsetting to watch so I think I will sit in the horrible little room of misery today when they do it.

If I ever won the lottery I would pay for that room and the little waiting /sitting room to be decorated . The place is sad and depressing enough but these 2 rooms really are the pits. I suppose they are places that thankfully most people will never ever see or use, so are probably last on the list when it comes to the decorating budget.

I had quite a calm day again yesterday (apart from the blip when they did the brain function) and wonder if I really have reached that time of “acceptance” as suggested by the nurses. I do hope not.

I hope all those feeling sad or unwell feel better soon and those enjoying good times continue to do so.

Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart for all the messages of support and good wishes you are all truly wonderful . Love Gilly xx

Marydoll Wed 23-Oct-19 08:22:46

Gilly, thank you for updating us.

Prayers and hugs, as always.

I wish we all lived nearer to you and could do something to support you.

Auntieflo Wed 23-Oct-19 08:23:58

Good morning Michael, Annie to come and all others.
Nothing much planned for today, but feel we may go for a ride to a favourite garden centre.
Happy Anniversary NanKate , have a lovely day
Oldgaijin, I remember realising I could actually see the machine needle to thread it, (but I do need specs for reading)
Sorry to hear your drug problems Marydoll. That doesn't sound good that, does it?
By the way, yesterday, I discovered a TV programme about 'Escaping to the best Town', or something like that. Have you seen it? Passes a soothing hour.
Ginny, that's a horrible thing to have happened. Some folk have the cheek of the devil, and it sounds as though the locks should be changed ASAP.
To Gillybob, sending love and best wishes that the AB's find the spot for your DH.
Have a good day one and all.

Ginny42 Wed 23-Oct-19 08:24:57

Oh Gilly, massive hugs. The rooms should be extra comfortable for family of very sick patients, but the nursing care is so important and he seems to be getting the best of that. Stay strong. xx

NannyJan53 Wed 23-Oct-19 08:27:20

Oh gilly virtual hug from me (wish it could be a real one!) We are all rooting for you, stay strong xx