Gransnet forums

Chat

Testicle-waxing Update

(42 Posts)
FarNorth Sat 26-Oct-19 19:21:27

Jessica Yaniv has lost his legal case against several beauticians who refused to give him a personal waxing service.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/breaking-jessica-yaniv-loses-cases-against-women-who-wouldnt-wax-her-balls/?fbclid=IwAR1CA5qsVaDckfyEnu2Jpj5iwdgT2uTkHOfPL5zxC7IsXA_VOiqWQ7Wu5-s

FarNorth Sat 26-Oct-19 19:22:05

www.thepostmillennial.com/breaking-jessica-yaniv-loses-cases-against-women-who-wouldnt-wax-her-balls/?fbclid=IwAR1CA5qsVaDckfyEnu2Jpj5iwdgT2uTkHOfPL5zxC7IsXA_VOiqWQ7Wu5-s

WishIwasyounger Sat 26-Oct-19 19:32:25

Oh for goodness sake: how much more of this do we have to put up with.

Pantglas2 Sat 26-Oct-19 19:40:36

Well that got my attention in a way that most threads don’t.....

Fennel Sat 26-Oct-19 19:59:22

Good. At least there's a little bit of sense in the world.

Grannybags Sat 26-Oct-19 21:18:18

Good

paintingthetownred Sat 26-Oct-19 21:21:23

What? On the scale of it thought I was relatively worldly-wise. Thank goodness I've got the grans etc on here to keep me up to date with current affairs....

Yikes...

painting

AllotmentLil Sat 26-Oct-19 22:13:37

Gordon Bennett - what next?!

Callistemon Sat 26-Oct-19 22:20:30

Deleted at user request

PamelaJ1 Sun 27-Oct-19 07:57:54

If you don’t hold the skin tightly enough it can bruise.
I’d be tempted to have a go. After this particular client had , of course, been warned and had agreed to sign a disclaimer?

aggie Sun 27-Oct-19 08:01:11

I would just have a go with an epilator , think they wouldn’t be back for more ?

GabriellaG54 Mon 28-Oct-19 13:24:02

B******s.

EllanVannin Mon 28-Oct-19 13:32:09

Pity some people hadn't got anything better to do, or think about !! Narcissists.

shysal Mon 28-Oct-19 13:35:42

In case some of you have never read these Veet reviews, I thought I would post the link. It seems this alternative method of removing male intimate hair is out of the question!
www.thepoke.co.uk/2015/06/29/choice-amazon-reviews-veet-men-hair-removal-gel-cream/

Elegran Mon 28-Oct-19 13:41:29

If I'd been one of those beauticians I'd have had him sign a waiver before even discussing how we would proceed with the waxing.

Which were you describing as b******s ,*Gabriella*? the lone beauticians with no experience of safely beautifying male testicles, working in their homes, or the judges who wouldn't let Yanov bully them out of hefty fines?

Sussexborn Mon 28-Oct-19 13:51:55

I guess that made the grandads cross their legs! I certainly crossed mine briefly!

petunia Mon 28-Oct-19 14:05:17

I believe that we have got ourselves in a bit of a pickle with this whole gender identity lark. Lets just examine this first sentence in this article.

Jessica “Jonathan” Yaniv, who infamously brought human rights complaints against multiple British Columbia estheticians for declining to perform services on her male genitals has lost her cases.

So the bit that says her male genitals. Her male genitals.

These poor women were targeted by a deluded man. I also read a more detailed account where he had asked one beautician if she could wax around tampon string.

Not sure where all this gender identity politics will end. Sadly, along the way many women will get hurt and humiliated.

Moocow Mon 28-Oct-19 15:23:10

One can hardly believe it

Fennel Mon 28-Oct-19 16:11:51

Farnorth started a very long thread about this a few months ago. I posted on there that I'd emailed my cousin in Canada to hear her views and she said it hadn't been any of the media there, as far she knew.

PamelaJ1 Mon 28-Oct-19 17:36:08

Fennel, I often find myself informing DD in Aus about all sorts of news items that she hasn’t heard of.

Some of them are more important than this snippet.

FarNorth Tue 29-Oct-19 10:57:26

Pamela J1, this snippet is not unimportant.
If you are not aware of the advancement of trans ideology and would like to be informed, I suggest you do some research about it.
There are, of course, many other important topics, which may interest you more.

Davidhs Tue 29-Oct-19 11:07:49

I do take issue with the title of this thread it is anatomically incorrect it should be “Scrotum Waxing”. If individuals wish to enhance their sex appeal in this way, fine, I will not be amongst them.

Fennel Tue 29-Oct-19 11:41:44

Relevant, but different gender - there was an article in one of the daily papers a few weeks ago of an interview with female/male trans,who said many of them wish they'd never started to change. Mostly testosterone treatment. Thinking of stopping the drug.
The person was from Newcastle where I know there's a support group for trans people. From someone we know.

FarNorth Tue 29-Oct-19 11:46:45

Sorry, Davidhs, my mistake with the title.

The point of the news report is that this individual tried to take legal action against female beauticians who were not trained, and not willing, to attend to his scrotum.

Canadian law on self-identification of sex is such that it was not at all certain that Yaniv would not be successful in his legal action.

There is pressure, in the UK, for UK law to become similar to that of Canada in that respect.

JenniferEccles Tue 29-Oct-19 12:39:24

Well for a start it’s not’her’ male genitalia but’his’ male genitalia.

Don’t these trans people love stirring up trouble?

Where will it all end?
Well of course it won’t will it?

Pandora’s box has been well and truly opened.