Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(48 Posts)
12Michael Wed 30-Oct-19 06:10:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here in Brackley but its dry, a quiet day , pay a bill etc.
Try and get my printer to work for me as well.
But otherwise a stay in watch TV etc.
Mick

Urmstongran Wed 30-Oct-19 06:26:25

Good morning Mick and all who follow. I’m up early (woke before the alarm I’d set - don’t we all?) as we are going back to Malaga this morning. I’ve had 2 mugs of tea and crumpets so it’s time soon to wash & dress, make up on and ring for a taxi.

I will peep back on here this afternoon to see if gillybob has posted. I can’t believe how often she’s in my thoughts these last few days. We’ve never met but (like many of you here) she seems to be a friend I truly care about.

Hope Wednesday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Beechnut Wed 30-Oct-19 06:26:35

Good Morning everyone.

Dry and getting light on Severnside. It’s a homework I’m day for me and I’d like to make an early start.

Was your wig shop a successful day dragonfly?

I hope you are all looking after yourselves if poorly and have better days ahead. Thinking of gilly and sending her love. I had a few tears after her update yesterday.

Enjoy your away time Urmstongran. You’ll be back just in time to put decorations up ?

Have a lovely day whatever you do ?

NfkDumpling Wed 30-Oct-19 06:43:33

Morning All

A red sunrise here in Norfolk which has quickly mellowed to apricot.

Friends may be dropping in this morning for coffee, other than that I shall be annoying some soil in the garden.

Sending vibes of courage northwards in Gilly’s direction. xx

NannyJan53 Wed 30-Oct-19 06:47:34

Good Morning from another frosty Black Country.

Had a lovely day at the Black Country Museum yesterday, it was sunny albeit a tad chilly. We rode on a trolley bus. That took me back smile

I am the same Urmston , gilly and her DH are on my mind a lot, just wish there is more we could do.

Enjoy your Malaga trip, as I mentioned yesterday, we have booked flights to Malaga for next September.

Hope Marydoll is feeling more rested today. Thinking of anyone feeling under the weather, or spirits are low. flowers

GabriellaG54 Wed 30-Oct-19 06:49:09

Hi everyone ??
I'm just waiting for my running buddy then 90 minutes of exercise...??‍♀️??

I hope you all have a great day especially those lucky so n sos who are leaving these shores for warmer climes. Yeah...that's you Urmstongran ??
Seriously, enjoy and think of us freezing ❄️? whilst you're baking ? ?
Gillybob, Marydoll, dragonfly46 and all those who aren't well or struggling with problems of any kind, be strong and look after yourselves as best you can. ?
Warm wishes to all and take care. BFN
?

Nannytopsy Wed 30-Oct-19 06:52:55

Morning Mick and all of his followers. Just a bit green Urmstongran! We usually go away in October but haven’t made it this year. Up early as the concrete arrives at eight for the shed base. I am thinking this is slightly over-engineered!
I have laid the first paintbrush to the wall and managed half the utility room yesterday. It will start to feel like home now!
Best wishes and hugs to all in need of one, especially Gilly.

NanKate Wed 30-Oct-19 06:57:14

Morning Mick and All.

A calm cool day here in South Bucks.

Have a great time Urm on your holidays but please continue to post so we can enjoy your time in Malaga too.

Yes Beechnut I think many of us here feel emotional over the dreadful time poor Gillybob is experiencing. ?

Off to have coffee at the lovely Ivy in our town. The whole interior is in the Art Deco style and very tastefully done.

Have a good day folks.

Grammaretto Wed 30-Oct-19 07:05:45

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. Red sky but not as cold as it's been.
We had a better than expected hospital clinic yesterday. All smiles and relief as DH treatment seems to be working.
But thinking of Gilly and her living hell. How I pray that a corner has turned and a miracle worked.

Craft group for me and badminton tonight. Visit to my in-laws too.
Have a nice day whatever you have planned.

ninathenana Wed 30-Oct-19 07:11:24

Morning everyone.
Grey and dull in Kent but we are promised sunny spells later.
Not a lot happening here today.
Enjoy your time in the sun (is it sunny there at the moment?) Urmston
Thinking of gilly, Marydoll and dragonfly

kittylester Wed 30-Oct-19 07:24:16

Morning all from a chilly but dry North Leicestershire.

We have had DD1 and her children here overnight. It has been lovely to have them here apart from DGS breaking one of my best wine glasses!!

Alzheimer"s course for me this pm and dh is taking my car to have the windscreen replaced and....

THE ROOF MAN IS COMING!!!!!!

As always, thinking about * gilly*. brew

And send love to marydoll, dragonfly and any one else who needs it.

Marydoll Wed 30-Oct-19 07:25:43

Good morning all from a slightly warmer Glasgow, it's 3 degrees.
Urmstongran, I'm so envious of your trip. envy. I crave some heat!

Printers are my forte, Mick. DH had given up on his last week, not only did I get it working, I have networked it to all the devices in our home. He was most impressed. grin

I didn't sleep too well last and have been wandering about since 5.30am. I was almost seduced by QVC's TSV, but then I saw sense. A twenty five year guarantee would be a waste of time for me. grin

I have a hospital appointment today, a wee spell in the day ward for my osteoporosis infusion, as long as all is well with my bloods.
Those who know me, are aware that I always have a sneaky plan to include a spot of retail therapy.
The hospital is just five minutes away from Braehead shopping Centre, where we usually park and then get the bus along to the hospital, it's much less stressful.
I have dropped hints to DH about him going for a coffee afterwards , while I have a quick look in Primark. I have promised to go nowhere else!! grin I will see how I feel after the hospital.
I'm so frustrated at losing my independence, that I try to grab every opportunity to get out and about. sad

Grammaretto, I'm so glad to hear you had better news about your husband yesterday.

As always, Gillybob and her husband are constantly in my thoughts. It's such a heartbreaking situation to be in. I find myself popping in and out of GN all day, hoping for some more positive news.

Wishing everyone a pleasant day.

Marydoll Wed 30-Oct-19 07:26:46

Kitty, that is brilliant news. Everytime I see rain forecast for your area, my heart sinks for you! sad

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 30-Oct-19 07:26:47

Good morning from east London, quite bright and fair for the moment. Had an unexpected call up to play tennis this morning which I’m pleased about; it will serve to counter the visit to a carpet shop after. This evening we are going to a show entitled ‘Last day in paradise’, a friend’s daughter is part of a hula-hooping group who are performing there and we’ve been told to keep an open mind. Hope everyone has a reasonable day.

Yiayia4 Wed 30-Oct-19 07:30:25

Morning everyone,
Overcast here but not as cold.
Trip to the tip then shopping,we know how to live!
Thinking of Gilly and hope for better news.
Have a good Wednesday all.

Susan56 Wed 30-Oct-19 07:34:47

Good morning from Shropshire where it’s a cold but bright start.
Our little granddaughter who is staying with us was awake at 5.30 so I think its going to be a long day?
I am going to the hairdressers this morning and leaving grandpa in charge?he managed to slice the top of his head yesterday on the window latch in the greenhouse so they have strict instructions for a morning of quiet activities.
Enjoy your travels Urmstongran✈️???
Hope you had a successful wig shop yesterday dragonfly and Marydoll hope you are resting and feeling better.
I am another one feeling emotional over the trauma gilly is going through.Sending love,strength,prayers gilly.xx

GrannyGravy13 Wed 30-Oct-19 07:36:49

Good morning Mick and all x

More sorting out for our upcoming trip, picking up my M & S Advent Calendar from the local M&S food hall and buying “baby bits” for DDs new one expected early January.

gillybob holding you in my thoughts and prayers flowers

BlueSapphire Wed 30-Oct-19 07:41:22

Good morning everyone from a cold but bright Northampton. Sitting with a lovely mug of tea, a ginger biscuit and a very warm cat on my lap.

Managed my health walk yesterday afternoon in the lovely autumn sunshine, then went for a coffee and chat afterwards. There were only six of us yesterday. Had just started to walk home when DS passed me in the car and offered a lift which I didn't refuse!

Tried out my new vacuum cleaner on the downstairs carpets when I got back and was amazed by the amount of cat fur it picked up. The real test will come when I do the stairs. It is so nice to have a cordless one.

Book club this morning - we are discussing 'Little Fires Everywhere' by Celeste Ng.
Then will try to get to another health walk this afternoon.

Like everyone else, waiting to hear from Gilly.

dragonfly46 Wed 30-Oct-19 07:43:26

Good morning the last day of sunshine here in Leicestershire. Lucky you are getting your roof done kitty as there is rain tomorrow.

Not so bright this morning, brought it home to me yesterday that my hair is going to go. All the wigs were too big for my tiny head so she is going to order some. I did get a very pretty turban though which was much more comfortable. I am sure my ‘joie de vivre’ will return this morning.

As with us all I am spending a lot of time thinking about gillybob and wishing things were better for her.

Sar53 Wed 30-Oct-19 07:43:52

Good morning everyone from a bright Essex by the sea. I have my flu jab at 11 and a blood test at 1, I shall be full of holes !!
I am also thinking of Gillybobs and hoping for better news today.
Have a good day everyone.

harrigran Wed 30-Oct-19 07:47:32

Good morning from a sunny NE.
No plans for today as DH will be meeting up with old work colleagues.
GD delivered to her mum for last night's party, she was an absolute delight to have for two days.
My hopes and prayers are with gilly.

MawB Wed 30-Oct-19 07:51:03

Good morning all from Manchester where it is cold but dry.
Clearing the flat and heading home this morning (rather dreading the journey) but last nights Press Night went well apparently so D can go home happy.
Thinking very much of Gillybob this morning and not forgetting others either, Dragonfly and Marydoll in particular.
I wonder what your book group will make of “Little Fires”, Bluesapphire - I was distinctly underwhelmed.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

Brunette10 Wed 30-Oct-19 07:55:57

Good Morning from a bright but wet Fife, we had a lot of rain last night. Urmstongran - enjoy your break, sounds good. It's a busy thread this morning or maybe I'm just a bit late smile. gilly, Marydoll and anyone else under the weather today thinking of you all. Grammaretto - good news about your DH. I have no plans as yet for today but will be doing something no doubt. Hope Wednesday is good to you all.

Lins1066 Wed 30-Oct-19 08:00:24

Good morning from a cold and windy S Welsh coast.
Nothing much going on here today, though we have DS's little dog again.
Good news for your husband Grammaretto.
I hope you are feeling better today dragonfly.
Take it easy on the retail therapy front Marydoll and hope all goes well today, take a good book.
gilly is in my thoughts a lot ?

Enjoy yourself urmston

Greyduster Wed 30-Oct-19 08:03:17

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun has got his South Yorkshire hat on. We are waiting for GS to arrive for the last visit of the week. We will take him swimming this morning and then pay a quick visit to my niece this afternoon on the way back to his house. She has a new puppy he hasn’t said hello to yet!
Sending healing thoughts to Gilly and Mr Gilly in the hope of better things.