Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(44 Posts)
12Michael Fri 01-Nov-19 06:13:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet here in Brackley this morning, a quiet day for me as well.
Small shop, think I might start to do my cassoulet in the slow cooker using diced game meat, Toulouse sausages , cannoli beans etc and chicken stock.
Mick

Pantglas2 Fri 01-Nov-19 06:23:46

Hello Mick - I’ve been up awhile and waiting for tea to brew and kept forgetting the time difference between uk and Spain- I thought you’d gone gallivanting again! That cassoulet sounds delish - I do something similar using chorizo sausage and chickpeas!

Wales play All blacks this morning for third place which seems a little pointless to me but I’ll cheer Hogia Ni on - methinks NZ will be too strong for us though.

Hugs and hope to gillybob and anyone else going through tough times x

Beechnut Fri 01-Nov-19 06:28:55

Good Morning everyone.

Same weather here on Severnside Mick and the it doesn’t look good for the weekend. ☹️

Out for two shops this morning. First one for me then taking my friends friend to do hers. I will probably do some knitting this afternoon. So far so good, I’m onto the increasing and decreasing bits now.

After being empty for most of this year my new neighbours moved in yesterday. It is nice to see the house lights on again after so long.

Sending good wishes to you all and thinking of gillybob and her DH. ?

Brunette10 Fri 01-Nov-19 06:36:52

Good Morning from a wet Fife. Have DGS's today too so won't get put much but will make the most. Up early as I was wide awake so as well up. Just away to set table for breakfast. I hope to hear some news about gilly today. Thinking of everyone, have a good day.

cornergran Fri 01-Nov-19 06:41:38

Morning Mick, morning All from a still damp corner of Somerset. Ferrying grandchildren along two motorways today. Mr C still poorly but insists he’s coming, not so sure that’s a good idea. Thinking of gilly and her husband. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

Urmstongran Fri 01-Nov-19 06:42:57

Good morning Mick Pantglas and Beechnut plus all who follow. It’s so dark here in Spain first thing in a morning isn’t it Pantglas? I’ve made a cuppa. My husband is still snoozing. I’ve peeped out and it promises to be a gorgeous day. The Mediterranean is as calm as a millpond this morning.

Gabriella has left GN apparently. She left a message last night on the ‘nose’ thread. I shall miss her posts. She especially left good wishes to you gillybob Marydoll and dragonfly42

No plans today. Beach? A walk? The gardens? (so peaceful here this time of year).

Hope Friday is good to us all whether we have plans or (like me) none. x

NannyJan53 Fri 01-Nov-19 06:44:40

Good morning from a very rainy Black Country.

Up early as taking Partner to train station. He has been off work all week with Man flu!

I am going over to Mums this morning, and meeting up with cousins, then we are scattering my Aunt's Ashes. So a sober day.

Loving thoughts to gilly and her DH. Hoping for better news.

NanKate Fri 01-Nov-19 06:59:45

Morning Mick and All.

I think it will be wet all day here in South Bucks.

Off to see my friend who is recovering from a knee replacement. We are likely to be chatting for hours!

Hope your trip to scatter your Aunt’s ashes brings back some happy memories of her NannyJ.

Tell me please Marydoll how did your wee granddaughter’s portfolio of jokes go down for Halloween? ? Is she about 4 ? Hope you have a better day health wise.

Urm looking fwd to hearing about your hols in warmer climes.

Gillybob I am one voice in a whole band of your supporters wishing you and your DH better times ?

NanKate Fri 01-Nov-19 07:01:20

Just seen your post Urm. You seem to be having a relaxing time. Enjoy.

Ginny42 Fri 01-Nov-19 07:02:59

Morning Mick and all. Cassoulet sounds like the perfect dish for this weather! Jack Frost is about out there in north Cheshire, so staying cosy for a while yet. Going to sort out a friend's car first, then going to sit with another friend's DH whilst she goes to the hairdresser. Counting my blessings that I'm able to do this.

Sending warm wishes to Gilly and her DH. To Marydoll - don't overdo things. Dragonfly hope you're doing OK.

Enjoy Friday everyone. xx

Susan56 Fri 01-Nov-19 07:08:20

Good morning from Shropshire.Dark and damp here too.Slightly envious of Urmstongran and Pantglas in the Spanish sunshine.
Just getting ready to leave for the hospital for my husband to have his long awaited surgery.
Wishing everyone a good Friday and hope all who are unwell have a better day.
Sending love,prayers and strength to gilly.x

kittylester Fri 01-Nov-19 07:08:29

Morning all from a wet North Leicestershire- both outside and in. sad

Lots of bitting and bobbing for us this morning before going to a new farm shop on the way to see DD3 and the wondrous Wolfie!

Hoping there is good news from gilly.

Drive safely corner. I'd rather do the drive on my own - think of the peace on the way home! grin

Sad day Jan. Hope you can also celebrate your aunt's life in some way.flowers

Right, off to ring the roofer again. grin

kittylester Fri 01-Nov-19 07:09:45

Susan, best wishes to your dh today.

dragonfly46 Fri 01-Nov-19 07:16:11

Good morning, as kitty says it is wet here.

Had a little blip the last couple of days but feeling much better now. It is normal I am told!

Hope your day goes well Jan.
Susan an anxious day for you - will be thinking of you.
Hope you have all your meds now marydoll and things are improving.

As always gilly you are in my thoughts and prayers.

dragonfly46 Fri 01-Nov-19 07:17:12

I have a big bucket kitty!

Urmstongran Fri 01-Nov-19 07:18:34

And from me. Hope all goes well today Susan56 for your husband’s op.

BlueSapphire Fri 01-Nov-19 07:21:08

Good morning all from a wet and dark Northampton morning.

Rugby on tv this morning and may go to Sainsbury's /M&S Food this afternoon if it clears up. Should be going to rugby this evening for a home match, but the weather forecast doesn't look too good and don't really fancy getting cold and wet again like last week. But it's also on TV so will watch it from the comfort of home!

Hoping for better news from Gilly.

ninathenana Fri 01-Nov-19 07:26:43

Morning from damp Kent.
The rain has stopped for now but forecast is not good for the weekend.
We both have flu jabs this morning then coffee and food shop.
Thinking of all of you with worries and illness.

Marydoll Fri 01-Nov-19 07:29:04

Good morning all from a slightly warmer, but wet Glasgow.
Mick, your cassoulet sounds delicious and has given me an idea for a meal in the slow cooker.

Urmstongran, stop teasing about the weather!!!!
I did see Gabriella's comment. I hope she changes her mind. I don't always agree with her posts, but still enjoy reading her contributions.

As usual I have been wandering about, trying not to wake DH. I can't stop coughing, (BP meds) and my bones ache, (osteoporosis infusion), but I'm still better than I was, so no complaining!!!!
I went out for an hour on my own yesterday, (first time in five weeks) to Lidl for yoghurts, they are great for protecting my stomach from the meds), as DH was out. I did resist the temptation to do a big shop.
I was exhausted, but I loved being out and about and of course chatting to anyone who even looked in my direction. grin.

Kate, my poor wee granddaughter lasted five minutes guising last night . When the cold air hit her lungs, she started coughing and was violently sick, poor wee lamb. She had her jokes word perfect, so was very upset. sad
She has an emergency appointment with GP this morning, more steroids I fear.

Today, I should have had a day out in Edinburgh with my daughter, but of course I can't go. This is the third time we have had to cancel. She is coming to take me out to lunch, which I'm so looking forward to. I'm sure it will be all wedding talk! grin.

Apologies for the long epistle, that's when you know I'm getting better!! grin

I'm keeping Susan and her husband in my thoughts today, and hope his op goes well and of course Dragonfly.
Anyone else who needs our support, we are all here for you, in true GN style!
The Gillybobs are always on my mind and I'm hoping for some better news.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 01-Nov-19 07:30:04

Goodmorning Mick and all from SE Essex x

Susan hope all goes well with your husbands op.

To our Spanish Senoritas enjoy the warmth and sun.

Mick your casserole sounds yummy.

Dragonfly, Marydoll, Sar53 and anyone else who is poorly, I hope today is a better day for you.

gillybobs I will continue to hold you both in my thoughts and prayers, and pop back here later to see if you have posted.

Off to Chelmsford with Mr.Gravy and GS, to buy a gift for a dear friends 60th, no doubt we will have lunch in a place chosen by the 4 year old himself???

Urmstongran Fri 01-Nov-19 07:37:18

I loved being out and about and of course chatting to anyone who even looked in my direction

I love that comment Marydoll you sound such an upbeat kind of person. One of life’s good eggs.
?

Lins1066 Fri 01-Nov-19 07:39:41

Good Morning Mick and all, the cassoulet sounds lovely. I remember eating that in Carcassonne years ago on a hot day, good memories.
It is a wet, miserable start here on the S a Welsh coast. No trick or treaters last night, so sorry your GD was ill last night Marydoll.
Best wishes to to Susan and her DH today.
Take care of yourself dragonfly.
Best wishes to all feeling unwell. Love to gilly.

Scentia Fri 01-Nov-19 07:40:38

Good Morning, a little grey and wet here in East Staffordshire.
Off to Ticknall to meet up with DD and DGS and off walking around Calke Park. I’ve packed us a lunch but not sure it will be dry enough to sit out and eat it!!! Tea and cake in the cafe if not? Just a short 5 miles as DD is trying out the baby carrier and I can see it being a little heavy?

I hope everyone has a good day.

Thinking of all who are not so fortunate and going through hard times.

EllanVannin Fri 01-Nov-19 07:45:43

Good Morning All x
Slightly damp this morning but not feeling too cold when I let the cats out.

D's picking up a family friend from the airport today as she'll be staying for a few days. The friend lives just outside Amsterdam and pays us a couple of visits each year and it's always good to see her.

Blood test yesterday had improved from the last couple of times thank goodness though I still have to go again in 2 weeks time. I don't know what had caused the sudden increased readings, but I'd be more than happy to see a decrease in the warfarin if that had been the cause.

Just some general tidying up to do then a flit around the shops to keep the cat food topped up.

Thinking of the Gillybobs and hoping that things are settling to what they have been of late. x
Marydoll and Dragonfly are in my thoughts also so hope things are ticking along nicely there too as well as others who don't feel so clever.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 01-Nov-19 07:48:49

Good morning from east London, wet and dull here, but at least the bins are being emptied. (It’s a bit of an issue around here). Two years since I retired and never looked back; the parcel that represents the last of the sports shop voucher I was given as a leaving gift arrives today. Big clue, it’s to do with tennis and I can put my racquets in it. May even use it when I play tonight, a rare outing for me under the floodlights. Have the best day you can.