Gransnet forums

Chat

Disaster!

(33 Posts)
LondonGranny Fri 01-Nov-19 19:51:53

It has tailed off over the last few years though, I must say. I used to get at least half a dozen little bands of kids.

LondonGranny Fri 01-Nov-19 19:49:34

I think that's possibly a regional / disposable income thing. It's the other way around here. I live on an inner city estate and I've never put up Halloween decorations. If you have a sign saying 'No trick or treating please' they won't knock but otherwise they will. I don't ever have a 'no costume, no treat' policy either. Most people round here are skint. Spooky noises are required though. smile

quizqueen Fri 01-Nov-19 19:35:11

Those who claim they had no trick or treaters - I presume you do know the etiquette is that if there are no Halloween decorations outside, then no one won't call.

agnurse Fri 01-Nov-19 19:29:10

We just ran out of candy right before the typical ending time for our neighbourhood. Thankfully my kid had just got home from trick-or-treating with her friends and shut things down, giving out the last of the candy right after she got in the door.

That said, I do plan to make a quick stop at Walmart on the way home to pick up some nice half-price candy grin

In my defense, Hubby is a chocolate monster. I think he would just about live on chocolate if it were possible to do so.

Pantglas2 Fri 01-Nov-19 19:25:31

My husband insisted on getting sweets in (this is the man who has Bah Humbug off to a fine art) and we weren’t bothered by the little blighters darlings all night. He’s now making a huge deal of having to eat chocolate before it goes off.....

Willow500 Fri 01-Nov-19 19:17:17

Nope none here either so we gave in and started on the treats - so much for the diet! I've heard others saying there were no callers last night too - the weather was fine so I wonder why?

LondonGranny Fri 01-Nov-19 11:36:14

We didn't have any either. I too was well-prepared.

Witzend Fri 01-Nov-19 11:25:25

Not quite as many trick or treaters round as usual last night - so dh and I will have to nobly brace ourselves for scoffing the leftover mini Twix bars, chocolate buttons and mini packs of Smarties! (Might just save one or two of those for Gdcs though)
Shall later make my little pumpkin into Thai- style soup. Somewhere in the freezer I have some coconut milk, if I can find it...