Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(65 Posts)
12Michael Sat 02-Nov-19 06:15:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but dry at the present moment here in Brackley plus windy as well.
Usual day, get bus to Buckingham , then Bicester , and back to Buckingham , doubt whether the flea market will be functioning today if weather is changeable.
Get that cassoulet on the go as well , plus maybe a Chinese take away later .
Mick

NanKate Sat 02-Nov-19 06:35:09

Morning Mick and All.

Clear day here in South Bucks. Rain is on its way.

Telly on, feet up later ready for the Rugby Final. ?

Good wishes and prayers as always to the Gillybobs. ?

kittylester Sat 02-Nov-19 06:55:35

Morning all from a calmish North Leicestershire. I think there is rain in the forecast (and no doubt in the hall!)

DH will watch the rugby while I cook a 'fry' before we go shopping.

We had a lovely afternoon with DD3 and Wolfie who has learnt to say 'cat". He is obviously concerned that he will forget it though as he says it approximately once every ten seconds!grin

Sending best wishes to all who are in need of them and special hugs to gilly.

Pantglas2 Sat 02-Nov-19 06:59:27

Just had a downpour here in Spain but I don’t mind as we’re off to local bar showing the rugby and full monty soon, can’t wait!

Hope gillybob has some good news and all who have worries are able to enjoy something pleasant no matter how small.

Pantglas2 Sat 02-Nov-19 07:01:08

Just read my post back and need to say we’ll be eating the full monty and watching the rugby....... blush

Nannytopsy Sat 02-Nov-19 07:06:30

Good morning Mick and all who follow. Rugby, shopping and decorating today, if we are not exhausted by the rugby! Thinking of the Gillybobs.

ninathenana Sat 02-Nov-19 07:07:16

Morning everyone
Very grey and quiet breezy in Kent. The calm before the storm according to tbe forecast.
?????
All eyes in this house on the TV later. DH will cook brunch after the match.

Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Sat 02-Nov-19 07:09:05

Morning Mick, morning All from a wet and windy corner of Somerset. Horrid motorway trip home yesterday in heavy rain. Mr C still poorly and seems to have kindly shared his bugs with me. Mini food shop at some point and that’s all today. Thinking of gilly and hoping Saturday is kind to everyone.

NfkDumpling Sat 02-Nov-19 07:10:59

Morning All

A red sunrise didn't bode well for fireworks tonight. Its overcast and the wind is getting up. Throw the forecast rain into the mix and I think we may stay home! Nothing else planned for today. I may just watch the rugby.

Beechnut Sat 02-Nov-19 07:20:23

Good Morning everyone.
It is just starting to rain here and a manky day ahead.

I have some adminny stuff to do also a bit of sewing and the tomato plants need digging up in the greenhouse.

I hope the rugby fans enjoy the match, there is better news for gillybob and everyone else good as you can be ?

Resurgam123 Sat 02-Nov-19 07:24:40

Good Mornìng all.
We have a Choir concert tonight.
I have been coughing all week and I think the music is too much for me.
I can always mime. I am not at all skilled at following music scores. I started music far too late.
Oh well "Whatever".??
Have a good day.

GrannySomerset Sat 02-Nov-19 07:35:31

Greetings from a very wild and wet North Somerset. We have had DD, SiL and DGD staying. DD has spent much valued time with her father, SiL has done lots of small nightly jobs for which I am very grateful, for and DGD has caught up on her A level history and chatted. Am out of practice at all the meals, but love them being here.

Gearing up for breakfast in front of the rugby. DGD is a great fan and has a crush on Itoje - and indeed, I do too!

Thinking as always of Gilly and the other GN regulars who are dealing with major problems.

GrannySomerset Sat 02-Nov-19 07:36:05

Niggly not nightly!

Ginny42 Sat 02-Nov-19 07:36:23

Good morning Mick and all. When I first got up the sky was clear in my part of Cheshire, then clouds moved in from the south although the sun is catching the yellows of the trees in the wood and turning them golden. The wind is rustling up a leaf storm.

I must go shopping this morning as my DS and BiL are coming for a meal later and the cupboard is almost bare. I'm on a search for organic chicken after watching a TV prog this week. shock

Glad you will be wearing clothes Pantglas2, don't want to shock the locals. grin Enjoy the rugby.

Hugs for Gilly. It's a long time to be living with these levels of anxiety. I'm sure the new staff will be empathetic. flowers Get well wishes to all who are unwell or recovering from treatment. xx

Brunette10 Sat 02-Nov-19 07:48:19

Good Morning from a foggy Fife, it may clear but think it will still be a yuk day. We are decorating our front lounge today/tomorrow and however long it takes. A big job but have to tackle it. It takes ages to clear out the room but that' my job so will get on with it. Not rugby fans but still cheering England on hope they do well. Thinking of gilly hope to hear some news news. Enjoy Saturday everyone.

Yiayia4 Sat 02-Nov-19 07:49:17

Good morning all,grey and windy here not looking good.
My youngest DS is cooking an early birthday dinner for me tonight,he's a great cook but loves the chilli!better get the gaviscon out.
Thinking of Gilly and hope it's better news today,wishing you all a good Saturday.

dragonfly46 Sat 02-Nov-19 07:49:59

Good morning from bright and breezy Leicestershire.

My DH is making the ultimate sacrifice this morning and taking me shopping then lunch. He will record the match and put his fingers in his ears so as not to get the result. After three days in feeling unwell I told him I had to get out today. That’s what love and 51 years of marriage do and I am eternally grateful.

gilly flowers

Marydoll Sat 02-Nov-19 07:57:29

Good morning all from Glasgow, it's 10 degrees, which is a pleasant surprise.

I plan to do nothing today, apart from a few sewing jobs and making soup. (My legs are so short that I have to alter every pair of trousers I buy.) I'm pretty wiped out after yesterday, but I managed much better than anticipated. smile.
Hopefully things are looking up.

I had a lovely day out with DD yesterday. Usually, we are out at the crack of dawn, but I had decided that a go slow was the best plan.
DD drove to the Subway and we took the underground to a lovely Italian trattoria, where we had the most delicious lunch and absolutely devine cheesecake for dessert.
I also managed to buy jars of vongole to make my favourite Spaghetti alle vongole, they are unobtainable where I live.

We then jumped on the Subway one stop, (to save me climbing the hill), to the area around the university. I had a wee wander for an hour around the quirky shops and to DD's horror, the charity shops. It brought back memories of my student days there. smile The only difference was that I was always skint when I was studying there and couldn't afford anything in the shops! grin
There must be some very rich students nowadays, a dress in one of the charity shops was priced at £60! ?

My wee granddaughter was prescribed more steroids yester, so she hopefully she will feel much better today.

Best wished to Susan's husband for a speedy recovery, hoping that his op went well yesterday and also to Susan, who must be worrying.

Good luck with the rugby day, all who are fans. Enjoy!?‍♂️?

Keeping the Gillybobs and all my GN friends with worries and health problems in my prayers.
Enjoy your Saturday, whatever your plans.

Freesialover Sat 02-Nov-19 08:02:03

Pantglas2 but I don’t mind as we’re off to local bar showing the rugby and full monty soon, can’t wait!

Sorry, Im a bit of a lurker and don’t normally post but that did make me laugh ?

harrigran Sat 02-Nov-19 08:15:52

Good morning from an overcast NE.
DH up early and gone for the newspapers.
Quiet day for us as rest of family is otherwise occupied.
Spent yesterday sorting out boxes and bags of stuff from other home.
My thoughts are for gilly, sending my very best wishes for some improvement.

Greyduster Sat 02-Nov-19 08:21:31

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dry at the moment in South Yorkshire but clouding over rapidly. DH is watching the rugby this morning and I am making a quiche for lunch. DS will be haring down the motorway after the rugby to get here just in time to go to football with his dad. I think it will be a case of grab a quick bite and go, so I don’t suppose I will see much of him! I will have a quiet afternoon ruiningworking on a painting. Have a good day folks ??

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 02-Nov-19 08:22:29

Morning all from a bright and dry South Notts.

It'll be feet up in front of the rugby very soon, kick off at nine but first my domestic responsibilities.

Oh dear resurgam you can't cough and sing at the same time.

Thoughts are with the gillybobs.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 02-Nov-19 08:27:30

Goodmorning Mick and all from a breezy SE Essex.

Thinking of you gillybob flowers

Auntieflo Sat 02-Nov-19 08:32:42

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all.
It is raining here now. When I got up to make tea, there was a funny yellowish light, and I wondered if we were in for a storm.
Glad to hear you had a good day out yesterday Marydoll. I also love a good trawl round the charity shops, and usually manage to get something that I don't really want. DIL was here on Thursday and she also loves a charity shop, so we had a good morning, before they went home. I'll be round when the Spaghetti alle Vongole is on the menu!
Dragonfly, enjoy your shopping, but don't over do things.
Hoping that the Gillybobs are being looked after.
Have a good weekend one and all.

Lins1066 Sat 02-Nov-19 08:45:10

Good morning from the S Welsh coast. The wind got up here at 2 am but has died down now where it is literally the calm before the storm - we have a yellow weather warning for wind and rain for the rest of the day. Some firework displays have been cancelled for safety reasons.
Good luck to England in the rugby, it would be good to see a northern hemisphere side lift the World Cup ( I have an English GF who hailed from Sunderland) ? ?
Thinking ofgilly and her husband, also Susan and her DH.
Have a good day everyone. Marydoll I love your posts, take it easy today after your day out yesterday.