Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Tue 05-Nov-19 06:12:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but it looks wet outside this morning in Brackley.
I watched the DVD release of "Yesterday" last night and enjoyed it.
My usual day out today , a couple of coffees and shops in Bicester and Buckingham.
Mick

DoraMarr Tue 05-Nov-19 06:54:15

Good morning from a still- dark Birmingham. A sleepless night, because my daughter is going to have a planned Caesarean section today. They will be dropping the soon- to- be- big- brother shortly, then I will have enough distraction to get me through the next hours. I have been much more worried about my daughters’ pregnancies and labours than I was with my own, and this one especially has not been without its problems. We’ll go for a long walk in the park later, and go to the shops to choose something nice for tea, and the ingredients for a minestrone for tomorrow.
Thinking of all with problems today, may you have some relief.

Resurgam123 Tue 05-Nov-19 07:02:00

I hope it all goes well for them all.

cornergran Tue 05-Nov-19 07:16:17

Morning Mick, morning All from a blessedly dry corner of Somerset. Our little river was whizzing along yesterday, the ducks had no chance of making it upstream. Thoughts are with gilly;as ever. Wishing your daughter well doramarr, I do understand the anxiety but an exciting day ahead. Not a clue what I’ll do today, I know I should catch up with stuff, it may happen. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Urmstongran Tue 05-Nov-19 07:17:35

Good morning everyone from a very windy Malaga - the palm trees are dancing furiously in the gardens!

Hope your new grandchild arrives safely DoraMarr you will be on pins until you hear the news.

I have a pedicure booked for 5pm but no other plans - we will just decide later if we fancy going out. Certainly not going anywhere until these winds subside!

Thinking as always of the gillybobs

Did you get your tablets Marydoll?

Hope Tuesday is kind to us all, whether we have plans or none. x

Nannytopsy Tue 05-Nov-19 07:18:27

Good morning Mick, Dora and Resurgam. Its a slow start this morning - is everyone having a lie in? Very misty here today but I hope we see the sun later. Best wishes for the new baby!

kittylester Tue 05-Nov-19 07:19:08

Morning from a sort of drizzly North Leicestershire.

Cake making and a quick nip into M&S to collect a delivery this morning and a volunteer meeting this afternoon.

This evening we are going to an awards dinner - hopefully our choice of clothes will be the right sort of 'formal'. grin

Doramarr, I hope all goes well for your daughter. I find it hard when something is happening to my children or grandchildren.

Love and positive vibes going to gilly as always.

Nannytopsy Tue 05-Nov-19 07:19:58

Morning Corner & Urmstongran too!

MawB Tue 05-Nov-19 07:20:07

Good morning all! Wishing you well DoraMarr I hope you don’t have too long to wait. Two out of our three girls were delivered first thing (first on the operating list) but I had to wait until early afternoon for middle D as apparently nobody had prepared crossmatched bloods for a transfusion if I needed it. Fancy remembering that 40+ years on!
At least he/she will always have a theme to his/her birthday party from now on!) ?
Talking of which, isn’t it Annodomini’s birthday today? Many happy returns! ??
An extra hug to Gillybob and sending you strength.
I am off to see “Light Falls” at the Manchester Royal Exchange this afternoon so will wave to all the NW Grans as I pass through.
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Sar53 Tue 05-Nov-19 07:26:49

Good morning everyone from a bright Essex by the sea. I seem to have spent half the night listening to DH coughing, nuff said !!!
I am going to my first morning of volunteering at our local hospital today. I'm a bit nervous but excited as well. DH is going to take me there early as I have to get my photo ID card sorted first.
Not much else planned today.
Thinking of Gillybobs and her husband and anyone else facing problems.
I think we all know how you are feeling Doramarr, I hope all goes well.
Have a good day everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 05-Nov-19 07:26:54

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Its grey outside in SE Essex.

I have a busy day today, changing beds,,sorting out and packing for our trip to see eldest son in Kenya on Thursday.

DoraMarr I was in your position 5 weeks ago, it's so difficult to settle or think of anything else whilst waiting for news. I hope all goes well for your DD.

gillybob I truly hope you have some hopeful news soon, the strain must be unbearable, please try to take a few minutes each day for yourself.

ninathenana Tue 05-Nov-19 07:35:04

Morning everyone.

Dull and damp again in Kent.
7 y.o. DGS is due in surgery this morning. Hoping to facetime him tomorrow.
Food shopping and coffee out this morning. I always write a list but I will it will be necessary today or I will not have half the goods I need.
I hope all those in need have good news today.

dragonfly46 Tue 05-Nov-19 07:37:07

Good morning from murky Leicestershire.

Hope you got your pills Marydoll.
Exciting and tense day Doramarr I remember when my first DG was born. We had arranged that I would only be told when it was all over but in fact I was given a blow by blow account for 24 hours!
Happy Birthday Anno.

Gilly reaching out to you with love and support.

NannyJan53 Tue 05-Nov-19 07:37:08

Good Morning from another dull cloudy Black Country.

Had a lovely long walk yesterday morning, then a visit to a friend in the afternoon. No real plans today, so will be playing it by ear.

DoraMarr I hope all goes well for your DD. My DD had to have CS, and I remember being on tenterhooks all day at work. It is always hard when it is your child.

Special thoughts to gilly so wish there was something I could do to help.

dragonfly46 Tue 05-Nov-19 07:38:45

nina I hope your young DGS’s surgery goes well, a tense day for you too.

Grammaretto Tue 05-Nov-19 07:40:04

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. I don't think the rain has stopped since Friday. I shall do Christmas cooking today and shall stir in a wish for Gillybob and for your Guy Fawkes day baby Dora and for happy outcomes for all.
First I must get up.

Lins1066 Tue 05-Nov-19 07:40:30

Good morning from a dry S Welsh coast.

DH going to DS's house to await a delivery of kitchen units and patio doors. He was there yesterday too for delivery of a range cooker. Gold star for good old Dad.

Hope all goes well for those with hospital appointments etc.
My love and prayers to gilly.

NanKate Tue 05-Nov-19 07:40:33

Morning Mick and All.

Overcast in South Bucks. It is sure to rain just as I am setting off for WI this afternoon.

Hope all goes well DorrMarr today for your DD and the little one.

Now come on Kitty fess up to what you have chosen to wear tonight, I know you have been mulling over it for a while.

Loved you photo yesterday NannyJ. I had my hair like that too. I bet you had a dress with all those pleat things at the top, can’t remember the name.

Enjoy your play MawB. I love going to the theatre. Do you remember when people dressed up for it in their best clothes?

Love and support to Gillyb

Pantglas2 Tue 05-Nov-19 07:41:20

Morning all from a lovely blue sky Spain where I’m off to the gym then coffee with a friend before a trot around local market for fruit and veg. Off out this evening to support our darts team so a busy day today after doing not a lot yesterday!

Hope all goes well with new arrival DoraMarr and that we hear good news from gillybob this morning x

Resurgam123 Tue 05-Nov-19 07:42:47

My son was born by C section. He would not have got through my pelvis any way.
For my daughter it was an elective.
I discovered that the midwife who looked after me when I had my son,

Then had her C section on the same day as my daughter about 2 yrs later. This was in the days when you were in for over a week.
I later walked my son to see her.
Not that he knew.

Yiayia4 Tue 05-Nov-19 07:53:54

Morning all,Thank you for the birthday messages I had a great day and evening.
Hope all goes well DoraMarr a tense day for you.
Not a lot planed today maybe shopping later.
Thinking of Gilly as always and wishing everyone a good Tuesday.

Susan56 Tue 05-Nov-19 07:56:47

Good morning from Shropshire.
We are going to Stafford today to visit our younger daughter and family as the invalid is getting cabin fever.
Nina I hope your grandsons surgery goes well,a worrying day for you and dora hope all goes well with the new arrival.
Mary,Lins dragonfly and all unwell,hoping you are all on the mend.
Elan,I hope the meeting went well.
Sending love and strength to gilly.

NannyJan53 Tue 05-Nov-19 08:03:52

Nina wishing your grandson well for today.

Nankate I think most girls had their hair like that in the 50's smile. Apparently they had their hands on my shoulder as I never kept still! I wore pleated skirts, but don't recall pleats on top.

Alygran Tue 05-Nov-19 08:05:30

Good morning. It’s pouring down here in North Yorkshire. Hoping it eases a bit as my friend and I have replanned our arboretum trip that we abandoned last week.
Some ironing to do first and a little jumper to sew up when I get home.
Hope all goes well Dora. Thinking of Gilly.
Happy birthday Anno
Wishing you all a good day.

BlueSapphire Tue 05-Nov-19 08:08:37

Good morning everyone from a grey and damp Northampton. Just got some washing in (towels), but they will be going in the tumble dryer.

Both my DC were born by Caesarian, DS was an emergency, failure to progress, so DD was a planned one - good thing too, she was well over 9lb! (and I was a slim, in those days, 5ft nothing). All went well in both. Hoping you soon have news Dora.

Tidying up this morning after having DGDs yesterday. Will try and get to a health walk after lunch and then pick up younger DGD after school, give her tea, and then get her ready for Brownies. Luckily she is being taken there and back. This is my new routine now that DDIL has started her new job: pick up DGD every Tuesday and Thursday, give her tea and get her ready for clubs.

Thinking of Gilly.