Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Wed 06-Nov-19 06:13:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark here in Brackley but looks like a mixed bag of weather today.
A quiet day today , having a sort out of things , and hoping to get a printer fitted up, with wi-fi .
Mick

NotAGran55 Wed 06-Nov-19 06:40:16

Good morning Michael . Good luck with your IT ! Off to work for me today .

Beechnut Wed 06-Nov-19 06:50:56

Good Morning everyone.

Dry and cloudy on Severnside. I enjoyed watching the town fireworks from the bedroom window last night.

A tidy up this morning and a mini roast at lunch time and I am going to make the Hollygog pudding recipe I saw on another thread last week.

Good wishes to gilly, her DH and anyone else under the weather ?

cornergran Wed 06-Nov-19 06:51:08

Morning Mick, morning All. From what I can see we’ve got heavy cloud over our corner of Somerset. No idea what I’ll do today, nothing I have to do so it’s a wait and see day. Good luck with the printer mick, they can be temperamental that’s for sure. Thinking of gilly and wondering how yesterday went. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

NfkDumpling Wed 06-Nov-19 06:54:30

Morning All

Dawn is just dawning here in Norfolk and it’s dry - at the moment.

Congratulations DoraMarr! Enjoy!

Nothing planned for today. Perhaps a trip to the garden centre to buy a couple of climbing hydrangeas for a new bit of trellis. I know the one which is there already will make up eventually - but we may not live that long!!

I hope the tracheotomy went well Gilly and that its helped.

DoraMarr Wed 06-Nov-19 06:56:12

Good morning from Birmingham, where I am watching a beautiful sunrise over Moseley from my fifth floor apartment. Thank you for yesterday’s good wishes- my new grandaughter was born at ten yesterday morning, and she is beautiful. I will visit at lunchtime before I go for my appointment at ophthalmology in the same hospital. I have writing group this evening, so I hope the drops have worn off by then.

NfkDumpling Wed 06-Nov-19 07:02:59

I just looked up your recipe for Hollygog pudding Beechnut. My nana used to make this but I never knew what it was. She was Norfik through and through but was in service in Northumberland for a while in her youth. Now I can make it!

BlueSapphire Wed 06-Nov-19 07:07:12

Good morning from Northampton. Looks as though it's nice and clear and dry, so may go to Milton Keynes. I need a necklace to go with my new dress and cannot find anything here in Northampton. Treat myself to lunch out too, then I won't have to cook tonight.

Had a good brisk health walk yesterday, then tea and chat and then another walk to pick DGD up from school, and then walk home. It rained!

Thinking of Gilly and all with worries.

Urmstongran Wed 06-Nov-19 07:13:08

Good morning everyone from Malaga where we have the most beautiful morning. No wind today. The palm trees are still and the parakeets are having a morning chat to one another. The sun is up, the sky is blue (I can’t remember the last line of that rhyme!)

Congratulations DoraMarr on the safe arrival of your gorgeous granddaughter. Bet you can’t wait to have another peep at her today!

We went out for pizza last night so will eat in today. It’s so cheap to go out here. We shared a huge pizza, some chips and 2 glasses of wine each and the bill was €15!

Nothing in the fridge but luckily SuperSol is across the road and a MaxiDia round the corner so food is always easy to sort - we just decide on the day!

As always, waiting to hear from gillybob and fingers crossed for some better news for them.

Hope Wednesday is good to us all (I can’t believe we’ve been here a week already) whether you have plans or (like me) none. x

ninathenana Wed 06-Nov-19 07:20:13

Good morning all., from yet again grey Kent.

Congratulations DoraMarr on your new GD I hope mum and baby are well.
My GS surgery went well yesterday though he always has a few problems during recovery (this was his 13 GA) he amazes the nurses as he knows the before and after procedures so well and is so calm about it.
No plans today just pottering.
Thoughts are with all who need them.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 06-Nov-19 07:22:47

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Congratulations Doramarr on the safe delivery of your Granddaughter flowers

Enjoy the sunshine Urmstongran sunshine

I shall finish my packing today, have a surprise birthday party for our dear friend this evening..........then we are off to Kenya first thing tomorrow to visit AS and wife.

I shall try to keep up with the "morning thread" but not as regularly.

Keep out of mischief and keep safe.

gillybob I shall keep hoping and praying for positive news regarding your dear man.

NannyJan53 Wed 06-Nov-19 07:27:20

Good Morning from a cloudy Black Country. It was 4 deg in the car when I took Partner to train station at 7am!

My friend is taking me for a belated birthday lunch today! My birthday was in September, but we were away just after, then she has been away. Her birthday is November, so I will be taking her out soon!

Love to hear of your time in Malaga Urmston brings back good memories. Can't wait for next September smile

Congratulations Dora on the birth of your GD. I hope all is well with both Mother and baby.

Special thoughts as always with gilly hoping and hoping there is some good news soon.

Wishing all of you a good day, especially any of you with worries or health problems.

Yiayia4 Wed 06-Nov-19 07:35:25

Morning all,looks clear and fine here at the moment.
Congratulations Dora Marr and pleased your DS is ok Ninathenana.
Had a bad night my arthritis is flaring up so quiet day planed.
Hope Gilly had a better day and things are improving a bit.
Have a good Wednesday everyone.

dragonfly46 Wed 06-Nov-19 07:36:53

Good morning from a sunny chilly Leicestershire.

urmston ‘There’s not a cloud to spoil the view, but it raining, raining in my heart! ‘. I am a big fan of Buddy Holly.

Congratulations again Dora exciting times.

nina I hope your DH recovers well. 13 GAs is a lot!

*GG enjoy your holiday. My DH’s parents lived in Kenya around the time he met me.

Hoping Mr Gilly’s procedure went well yesterday and there is sign of improvement.

Ginny42 Wed 06-Nov-19 07:38:22

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's a murky morning in Cheshire. I keep waking up around 3.00 and now feel as though I've done a day's work.

Going shopping for a friend who's going home from a care home tomorrow. There has to be enough for carers to provide three meals per day as they don't do shopping. Once she's settled I'll help her do an online shop, as long as there is someone there to take the delivery in that should work. Sad because this lady had a busy career, has jumped out of aircraft for charity, skied black runs and done scuba diving and now can barely walk.

Glad I'm in a position to do these things though.

Gilly hope that the surgery helped and your DH is more comfortable. Willing you both through this awful time.

I hope all others on the 'sick list' get well very soon. Doramarr enjoy the visit to your baby GD.

Can't believe we're half way through this week already! Enjoy your day everyone. x

dragonfly46 Wed 06-Nov-19 07:38:29

Sorry nina meant to say DGS!

Urmstongran Wed 06-Nov-19 07:39:23

That’s sweet of you to say so NannyJan 5 more weeks then of my witterings ....
?

Enjoy Kenya GG13 and seeing your son - bet you can’t wait! I’ve just looked up the length of time it takes to fly U.K. to Kenya - don’t you just love Google, years ago I’d still be wondering! - and it’s around 9hrs - 12hrs depending upon which city, Nairobi or Mombasa.

Urmstongran Wed 06-Nov-19 07:41:18

THANK YOU dragonfly of course! I’m singing it now ...
?

NanKate Wed 06-Nov-19 07:51:31

Morning Mick and All.

Lovely bright day here in South Bucks.

Congratulations DoraMarra a beautiful new baby ?. What a relief Nina your DGS is in recovery. Enjoy your belated Birthday lunch out NannyJ. Ginny aren’t we the lucky ones to be upright and walking. I too assist friends who have become disabled. Luckily your friend can use the Internet for shopping. I worry about a couple of my friends who have shunned the world of the Internet, if only they knew how it would keep them in touch with the outside world and create friendships as is the case with GN.

Everything crossed for Gilly. ?

NanKate Wed 06-Nov-19 07:53:06

Have you got a tan yet Urm ??

Brunette10 Wed 06-Nov-19 08:00:29

Good Morning from a bright Fife, quite cold but I like to see the sun out. DoraMarr - huge congratulations, you will be delighted. We are off to the other side of Scotland today to visit my uncle and heading out for an Italian for lunch, looking forward to catch up. Hoping everyone has a good Wednesday - take care.

Marydoll Wed 06-Nov-19 08:00:37

Good morning all from a damp and chilly Glasgow.

It's lovely to hear your good news Dora Marr and I wish I was in Malaga, Urmstongran!
Yiayia , you haven't said where you are posting from.
The change in the weather always makes my RA worse, I'm about to start wearing my much hated wrists splints again, (not a good look, no colour co-ordination wink ) due to the pain.
Do think the colder weather may be the cause of your flare up? Anyway, I hope you get some relief.

My great plan today is to strip the range and give it a good clean. No, I'm not mucky, but I have just been giving it a quick clean, when I was feeling under the weather! The sun has been shining on it and it makes it look worse. grin

I was supposed to be going out for coffee with my sister in law and her friend, but she has gone off the radar, which she is prone to do.
She is very fragile and we are doing our best to support her, but it is so difficult. She keeps making rash decisions, against advice, then gets into a mess. sad It makes us sad, seeing her like this, but she won't listen and we just have to let her get on with it.
A day at home pottering is just what the doctor ordered for me.

Waiting for news of the Gillybobs and hoping the procedure went ahead and all went well.

Have a good day, whatever your plans.

Lins1066 Wed 06-Nov-19 08:01:39

Good morning from a bright and chilly S Welsh coast. The sun is trying to come out.
Congratulations Doramarr on the birth of your new baby granddaughter.
Glad your GS is better nina, bless him.
Hope that gilly has some good news for a change.

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 06-Nov-19 08:01:49

Good morning from east London, sun is shining, it’s a beautiful autumn day. Just finished reading this not very good book which was slotted in as my book club’s November ‘choice’ by the librarian; she didn’t have enough of the book we wanted. Need to get moving now as tennis at 9.30, we may even play outside, then couple of hours at home before picking up GD for her gymnastics class. DP will be left in charge after that as I’m off to dine with some ex-work colleagues, three of us are now ex workers as well. There should be some good gossip. Have the best day you can.

harrigran Wed 06-Nov-19 08:06:04

Good morning from a grey, cool NE.
My thoughts are with gillybob and hope DH's op went well.