Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(39 Posts)
12Michael Tue 12-Nov-19 06:15:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in Brackley at the moment.
Busy day for me , Housework, Chiropodist, and then off out, the planned installation of new fire alarms has been delayed.
Trip Bicester and Buckingham on buses as usual today, but tomorrow will be different again more on that then.
Mick

Beechnut Tue 12-Nov-19 06:28:45

Good Morning everyone.
Still dark and damp outside on Severnside.

A swim for me, letters to write and some housework today ending with a visit from my brother.

That was a popular post you started yesterday Urmston.

Best wishes to you all and thinking of gilly as I do often. ?

Pantglas2 Tue 12-Nov-19 06:44:44

Morning all from a dry and lightening Spain- sunshine’s promised so let’s hope everyone has a share!

I’ve also enjoyed Urmstongran new thread beechnut- it’s a huge range of ages from grans older than my mum would have been had she lived (my dad is 85) down to my daughter in her thirties.

Hoping for good news for all x

NannyJan53 Tue 12-Nov-19 06:55:09

Good Morning from a frosty Black Country.

Taking the car at 8.00am for MOT and Service! No plans for the rest of the day, just hope to collect car later this afternoon, without too much financial damage hmm

Thinking of gilly

kittylester Tue 12-Nov-19 06:55:10

Morning all from a cold and still dark North Leicestershire.

Start of a new Carer's course today but only about 10 miles away!

This afternoon one of my co-grannies is coming for a cup of tea. She is trusting me with her proxy vote in the next election and I have to sign the forms today. Interesting concept as our incumbent mp has just stood down. She's very brave as I dont vote in the same way as she does so I could just put it in the bin!

Hoping the Woodbrook stayed within its banks for dragonfly. Sending love to harri and always thinking of gilly.

dragonfly46 Tue 12-Nov-19 07:07:57

Good morning seems to be dry here in Leicestershire for a change.

Intriguing Mick what are you doing tomorrow?

I am going to get my head shaved today - it should mean I don’t look like an orangutan! I got a wig yesterday but will probably stick with stylish turbans.

Our problem is the Black Brook kitty. It generally has no water but is gushing down from the Beacon at the moment. Our neighbours are responsible for keeping it clear but most of them have built decking over it.

Thinking of gilly.

Urmstongran Tue 12-Nov-19 07:13:02

Good morning everyone from Malaga where we have the promise of a beautiful day ahead. There’s no wind it seems as the palm tree branches are quite still. The sky is an apricot wash against a mid blue Mediterranean horizon.

Yes thanks Beechnut and Pantglas I was amazed how many posts it generated whilst I was out! I tried to reply late last night but the WiFi signal was rubbish for some reason and the little ‘I’m thinking about it’ wheel just kept turning ...

I’ve a manicure at 10am and it’s handy that the salon is right next door to our apartment block here so I can leave at 9:58am.
?

No other plans. Thinking as always of the gillybobs

Hope Tuesday is kind to us all whether we have any plans or none. x

NanKate Tue 12-Nov-19 07:31:04

Morning Mick and All.

Clear and cold in South Bucks.

Meeting an old friend today who I haven’t seen for about 18 months as she lives in Venice half the time and London the rest. We will have a lot to catch up on. It’s her turn to come to me so I will meet her at the station, then we will walk to a nearby pub and talk non-stop till her train back is due.

Concerned we have heard nothing from Gillybob for a few days.

vena11 Tue 12-Nov-19 07:43:57

Good morning from a lovely bright dry Bristol but I do expect its cold.
Not much on today after my busy weekend with my little visitor, probably housework with all these sticky fingers marks to wipe up and maybe a long walk if it stays dry.
I will have to have a look at your thread Urmstongran I have not had time these last few days to get on the PC.
Thinking of gillybob and dragonfly I hope you feel better with your haircut I know I did.
Everyone have a good day.

cornergran Tue 12-Nov-19 07:47:24

Morning Mick, morning All from an overcast but dry corner of Somerset. Rain forecast later, windy again too. General clean and tidy this morning after making some meringues. Love as always to gilly and her husband, hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Tue 12-Nov-19 07:54:54

I think gilly said she wouldn't post for a while and, while I can understand why, I'd love to hear how things are. sad

NfkDumpling Tue 12-Nov-19 07:56:21

Morning All

Clear, sunny and just a little chilly here in the north of Norfolk. Have just jammed a load of gooseberries to make room in the freezer for Christmas baking and am waiting for DH to wake up so I can get to the jam jars.

Then I intend to clear a bit of the dead stuff in the garden. I know its fashionable to leave it all on but soggy hosta leaves don’t have a good look and the compost heap benefits.

Brunette10 Tue 12-Nov-19 07:57:46

Good Morning from yet another damp and cold Fife. Off out today with my DD and DGS's as she has changed her day off. Looking forward to a catch up with her and a look around that famous gardening shop where this is the last day of their 20% off. I too am concerned about gilly but she did say she may have a rest. Hoping to hear soon from her. Hope today is good to all.

Marydoll Tue 12-Nov-19 07:58:40

Good morning all from a damp Glasgow.

Didn't have a good night, feeling really nauseous due an increase in my heart medication yesterday.
I also dreamt I turned up at my daughters wedding in a tatty old dress, while the rest of the guests were stunning! ?

However, as I couldn't sleep, I dried all of the washing DIL brought down yesterday, when I was at the doctor's.
Half of it couldn't be tumble dried, so it was everywhere. I do like a tidy house.
I will probably iron it later, as DIL doesn't iron. Then again, she may take it as a criticism. ?
No, knowing her, she will be delighted! grin

That was indeed a popular thread Urmstongran. I enjoyed reading the variey of ages. I was certainly surprised at some.
What was even better was that there were new posters posting on your gentle thread. A gold star ⭐ from this teacher! grin

Dragonfly, a difficult day for you, with the additional worry of the flooding. flowers

Yesterday's visit to the doctor's was a bit of a disaster.
I had just got in to my car, when I realised I had lost my Blue Badge. It is usually in my bag.
Parking at my doctor's is horrendous, so it's essential, as I can't walk far.
I searched the house from top to bottom, DH searched his car just in case, to no avail.
All the way to the surgery, I was thinking about how late I now was and the implications of losing it: phoning the local authority for a replacement, phoning the police to report it lost and not being able to get parked for my two hospital appointments this week. I was in a right old state by the time I got there.

When I saw my GP, I told him he would be wasting his time, taking my BP, it must be sky high!! grin
I then asked about the missing prescription. He said it had to be re-authorised again by the Medicines Committee, as it was a controlled drug, but no-one thought to tell me. So I had waited needlessly for ten days for a non-existent prescription. angry
My GP, God bless him, authorised it there and then.

I ditched my plan to go shopping, as I couldn't stop worrying about the badge. I don't think I worried as much when I was younger.
As soon as I got home, I started searching for it again and applied my Sherlock Holmes logic.
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

I found the badge in a drawer. How it got there, I have absolutely no idea, it certainly wasn't ME.wink.

As always Gilly and her husband are in my thoughts and my best wishes for all who are poorly or worried.
Harrigran, for you. flowers.

Enjoy your Tuesday.

BlueSapphire Tue 12-Nov-19 08:03:05

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Northampton.

A morning in with some general tidying up, and a look through the recipe book to see what I need to make Christmas puddings. DS and DDIL are hosting Christmas Day this year and I have been asked for a pudding, mince pies and sausage rolls. I will then put the stuff on my Sainsbury's delivery order. Don't know whether to bother with a cake or not.

A health walk after lunch, then pick up DGD from school and give her tea - spaghetti Bolognese tonight.

I believe Gilly said she would not be posting for a few days. Hope all is well.

Mapleleaf Tue 12-Nov-19 08:12:25

Good morning

It's wet and miserable here. We could really do without this rain with all the flooding around and about. The ground is saturated.

Hoping to meet a friend later for a catch up, haven't seen her for several months.

gilly did say she would be taking a break from posting for a while, but like everyone else, I think of her and her DH, and hope for better news soon.

Oh, dear, marydoll that was quite an adventure and worry yesterday! I'm glad you found your badge in the end.

To all feeling unwell, I hope today is a better day for you.

Take care, all.

Greyduster Tue 12-Nov-19 08:14:13

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is cold, wet and miserable in South Yorkshire. More rain for those seriously afflicted☹️. Not much going on here except a visit to the solicitor to sign some paperwork, and then school run this afternoon.
Thinking of Gilly and Harrigran??.

travelsafar Tue 12-Nov-19 08:20:32

Blue sky and sunshine but very cold here in Letchworth Garden City this morning. Rain is forcast for later though. Am off to try out Qigong this morning it is similar to tai chi.
Afterward i will probably go and look for some Christmas presents as i saw grand daughters on Sunday and have some idea of their wishes for gifts.
Usually by now i have most of my shopping completed and am getting ready to wrap but i just can not get into Christmas this year at all. Have a great day what ever you are doing.

moggie Tue 12-Nov-19 08:24:05

Good morning Mick & all from chilly, damp Nottingham. More rain forecast for today. I’m at work so I won’t even notice.
Had a lovely day with puppy Dora y’day.
Thoughts are with Gillybobs & her DH.
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

Grammaretto Tue 12-Nov-19 08:29:13

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. I'm assured the sun is due to appear tomorrow.
I love reading about the things you all do. It gives me ideas. A bus trip: a swim: maybe not a head shave. Good luck Dragonfly you would need a wig for warmth where I am.
Glad your badge turned up Marydoll
Gillybob flowers we are with you still.
I had better get up and start the day.

Yiayia4 Tue 12-Nov-19 08:38:22

Morning all,it's cold and clear here but rain promised later.
I'm meeting a friend for coffee this morning we've known each other since early school days so lots of chatting will go on.
Thoughts as always for Gilly and hope everyone has a good Tuesday.

Ginny42 Tue 12-Nov-19 08:43:06

Good morning Mick and everyone. I started this message just after 6 and then decided to go onto M&S site and send flowers to a friend before I forgot her birthday. What a palaver! I almost gave up. But I'm back and it's still pouring in my corner of Cheshire.

Still, feeling chuffed with myself as I thought my laptop had died last night or was at least very, very sick. I fixed it myself! A message about the Qualcamm Atheros something or other came up but using my phone I followed online instructions and fixed it! I'd already decided I was off to buy a new one today, but not necessary now.

Hairdresser this morning, lunch with a friend, then visit her DH in a care home. Meeting this evening of group who support local charities. Must buy warm gloves, scarves and hats for our Christmas project of presents for the homeless.

Thoughts of our Gilly of course and Harrigran. Special thoughts to you Dragonfly I hope all goes well today. flowers

harrigran Tue 12-Nov-19 08:56:51

Good morning from a bright NE.
Today is not going to be quite so hectic so will take the chance to do some food shopping.
Thoughts are with gilly as always.
Best wishes to others who are poorly.

Anniebach Tue 12-Nov-19 08:58:40

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

My thoughts are with all x

Susan56 Tue 12-Nov-19 09:01:27

Good morning from Shropshire.Torrential rain and blowing a gale today.
I am going to meet a friend for lunch today,we haven’t seen each other for a while and am really looking forward to a catch up.Will prepare the invalids lunch before I go and hope he can be trusted to behave while I am out.He is starting to feel better and trying to do more than he should?
When I get home we are driving over to Stafford to stay overnight and look after our little grandson tomorrow while our daughter has an interview.
Mary hope you feel better as the day goes on.Sending thoughts to dragonfly and Harrigran?
Thoughts as always with gilly and her husband.Sending love,thoughts and prayers Gilly.x