Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(70 Posts)
12Michael Thu 14-Nov-19 06:16:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet outside this morning in Brackley .
Yesterdays Xmas Dinner and Beatles songs do , was good the Hotel is between Coventry and Balsall Common.
There were two other groups, besides the coach trip I was , a U3A group from Coventry ,and what appears to be a singles group called the Valentines Club, based just down the road so to speak at Kidlington.
You had a raffle plus quiz based on the Beatles , fancy dress , theses were done either side of the 3 course lunch.
Mick

dragonfly46 Thu 14-Nov-19 06:30:32

Good morning, still dark in Leicestershire. Got an early appointment with the oncologist.

Thinking of Gilly.

Lins1066 Thu 14-Nov-19 06:32:21

Good morning Mick and all who follow. Glad you enjoyed your trip, it sounds very good.

It is dry here on the S Welsh coast. I have been awake since 4.30, couldn't understand why I was so hot on what was forecast the coldest night of the year so far, the heating was on. DH reckons it had only just come on! It was never on at silly o'clock when we were working ?
DH is taking DD to the train station at 7, as she is working in London today. DS's spaniel is being dropped off here at lunchtime after her trim, she will look like a puppy again.
Hope everyone will have a pleasant day. My thoughts are with all those with health problems and worries, especially those affected by the awful floods in the north,

Lins1066 Thu 14-Nov-19 06:33:50

Morning dragonfly, good luck with your appointment.

ninathenana Thu 14-Nov-19 06:37:00

Morning Mick dragonfly and all who follow.
Still pitch black thought we are forecast heavy rain which so far we have avoided in Kent.
Good luck with your appointment dragonfly. I have eye clinic at 9.30 which means leaving home at 7.30 due to rush hour traffic. Normal journey time 40 mins.
Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Thu 14-Nov-19 06:49:53

Morning Mick, morning All from a dark, cold and damp corner of Somerset. Heavy rain forecast. I feel for those flooded, so similar to the flooding in the Somerset levels in 2014. Friends finally coming today for a couple of days, their visit has been postponed twice because of various ailments. So it’s third time lucky, undemanding and good company they will be a pick me up for us both. Good luck to those with medical appointments, thinking of gilly as ever. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

NanKate Thu 14-Nov-19 06:56:36

Morning Mick and All.

Cloudy morning here in West Sussex.

The 2 DGSs managed to spin bedtime out by 45 minutes last night. How they do it I don’t know and I suspect tonight will be the same. ?

Your evening sounded really good Mick.

Will start doing my Christmas cards today as I am away from home and DH wants to go to go to Wicks in a nearby town and it is not my idea of fun. I may pop out to the small coffee shop in the village which is very pleasant.

Waiting for better news from the Gillybobs. ?

kittylester Thu 14-Nov-19 07:03:20

Morning all from a still dark and chilly North Leicestershire where we are expecting lots of rain inside and out grin

A trip to Sainsbury's and the butcher this morning while our cleaner works her magic.

Hope all goes well today dragonfly and I'd love some good news from gilly.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 14-Nov-19 07:03:37

Good morning Mick and all from sunny Kenya sunshine

It is very warm today, so we are heading to the hills, for a visit to an animal sanctuary and then on to overnight at "the country club" for some poolside lounging. Then up bright and early for a Game Drive.

The Kenyan Air Force have been flying their jets overhead early this morning showing us their "tricks".

dragonfly I hope your oncology appointment is positive.

Mick your lunch seemed like fun.

gillybob I continue to hold you in my thoughts, and sincerely hope you are taking care of you flowers

Marydoll Thu 14-Nov-19 07:19:13

Good morning all from a chilly Glasgow.

Dragonfly, good luck with your appointment.
I thought your wig looked fabulous, but you weren't how I imagined you.

I’m off out to meet two of my closest friends for a drink tonight, well mine will be non-alcoholic. No more cheeky, wee Pinot Grigios for me! ? I haven’t really spent much time with them, since my recent bout of bad health, as I have become a bit of a recluse. However, I don’t need to put on a face for them, they know me, warts and all. I need to stay friends with them, they know too many secrets!!! ?

DH and I had a delicious lunch afterward my eye apointment in restaurant overlooking Paisley Abbey , while the university graduations ceremonies were taking place in the abbey.
It was so uplifting to see all these smiling young men and woman in their graduation gowns, with their proud families there to support them. It brought back memories of our own graduations many years

However, I was struggling in the very cold temperature, so no trailing around the shops for me. Home to lie down for the rest of the afternoon.

DH has an early dental appointment for a new crown today, so I'm going to attempt the Lidl shopping on my own. I have a £10 off voucher, not to be sneezed at.

Think as always of Gilly and anyone else who needs our support..

Beechnut Thu 14-Nov-19 07:20:08

Good Morning everyone.
Dark and raining on Severnside so think I’ll spend the day doing some housework and perhaps some knitting. The garment is coming along slowly. I think I’ll have it finished before the baby arrives ?

Sending best wishes for your appointment today dragonfly hope it goes well for you.

I’ve just been reading the What I did today thread and had a chuckle....no one could ever say life was dull with you around Marydoll.

Have a good day everyone and thinking of gillybob ?

Pantglas2 Thu 14-Nov-19 07:22:30

Morning all from a grey Spain - who’s nicked my sunshine?

I’m off with a friend to our Amigas de Casa AGM and monthly meeting where we’ll have a magician to entertain us!

Hope your appointments go well ladies and perhaps we’ll have some good news from gillybob as well.

Kenya sounds lovely Grannygravy13- somewhere I have always wanted to go - maybe one day!

aggie Thu 14-Nov-19 07:22:37

Good Morning all, dark and cold so I came back to bed .
I have to make soup today for family visiting , and maybe an apple crumble
I join in with thoughts of Gilly

Grammaretto Thu 14-Nov-19 07:25:34

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's cold.
I have a friend staying who is a tonic too cornergran. She has a lovely laugh.
I have to wait in for a delivery but afterwards I will get out for a walk.
Thinking of Gillybob as ever. Please can the news be good.
Dragonfly good luck today.

NannyJan53 Thu 14-Nov-19 07:28:11

Good Morning from a rainy Black Country.

Had a lovely day yesterday with Mum. We skyped my Neice in NZ, then tootled to Merry Hill shopping centre. Then lunch in a country pub. Then a purchase of a jacket in a charity shop.

Glad you enjoyed your day out Mick

My DGD's always manage to 'spin out' bedtime too *NanKate' when I am babysitting.

Good luck today Dragonfly

Marydoll I think you should try your hand at writing a novel, as you certainly know how to tell a good story! I am popping over to the What I Did Today Thread later smile

Gillybob as ever, you are in my thoughts. Hoping to hear some good news soon.

Brunette10 Thu 14-Nov-19 07:28:19

Good Morning from a cold Fife but not as frosty as yesterday. Had lovely brunch yesterday overlooking Loch Leven so picturesque. Meeting ex colleague today whom I haven't seen for a while so bit of catching up to do. Glad you enjoyed your day Marydoll and hope you have a nice time tonight. Lovely photo of Abbey. dragonfly - good luck for today. Wishing everyone a good day.

Kalu Thu 14-Nov-19 07:33:43

Good morning from a still dark Glasgow.

Decorators are still here, very pleasant and I’m happy with their work just looking forward to the finish and back to normal, whatever that is?

Collected both DGDS after school yesterday for a shopping trip. DGD2 âge 10 had no problem choosing clothes she likes but DGD1 age 14 couldn’t find 1 item of clothing to her taste!!?.

Hope your appointment goes well Dragonfly

Any chance you will be taking it easy today Marydoll??

Thinking of you Gilly

Have a pleasant day all and strength to those who are having to struggle with whatever problems you are having to deal with.

Marydoll Thu 14-Nov-19 07:37:34

Kalu, I do plan to take it easy. I was planning to visit the new ,super, dooper, Lidl in Paisley, but shall just go to the local one instead, as I'm a bit weary today. wink

harrigran Thu 14-Nov-19 07:44:03

Good morning from the NE. We had torrential rain during the night.
Been awake since silly o' clock.
Another busy day, sister needs transporting to the airport, sadly I only managed to see her briefly twice in the three weeks she has been in the UK.
This afternoon going to housesit while decorators are busy and do one of the school pick ups.
This weekend is the Lumiere in Durham which means it will be extra busy plus part of the main through road collapsed during rush hour last night.
My thoughts are with gilly and her DH.

BlueSapphire Thu 14-Nov-19 07:52:20

Good morning everyone from a very wet Northampton, it is pouring with rain. Luckily nothing planned for this morning except changing the bed and hoovering upstairs. Should be going to ballet this afternoon but will see what the weather is like, as it is a bus journey away.

Luckily I do not have DGD after school today in all this rain; dad has charge of the DGDs as DDil's stepfather has passed away and she is on her way to Sweden for the funeral. (DDil is Swedish).

Best wishes to all.

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 14-Nov-19 07:56:14

Good morning from Fuerteventura, cloudy at the moment but hopefully the sun will break through later. Just finished reading Lemn Sissay’s autobiography about his early life in care; wish my parents were still around to discuss as they both worked as residential social workers as a second career. No plans, we’ll just go with the day. Hope everyone has a good one.

Kalu Thu 14-Nov-19 08:07:04

Marydoll, I know how keen you are to be out and about again which in itself can be a good tonic so, ? you enjoy a pleasant, independant, shopping trip.

Enjoy also your catch up with your friends tonight. Lots of blethering and many laughs with good company, another tonic.

EllanVannin Thu 14-Nov-19 08:08:55

Good Morning All x

Rather cool and breezy but dry. I don't do well in the cold as I begin to seize up when out and my legs seem to have a mind of their own hahahaha.
This has only happened as I've got older and I don't understand why as I was always so agile. It'll be a test for later when I go for another INR blood test so hoping that's behaving itself.

I hope your appointment goes well Dragonfly.
Marydoll you put me in mind of how I used to be with my friends before they died. We got up to all sorts of things and left an impression wherever we went home and abroad. Great memories.smile

Time of the year for staying put as it's parcel delivery time. This is when the internet comes into its own when ordering online instead of trundling around shops. It's ideal for those larger packages of children's presents that you can't carry.

Thinking of the Gillybobs and hoping things are levelling themselves out for both. xx
I imagine that the business has to be attended to along with other aspects of everyday life, difficult as it is at the best of times without such a sad and worrying setback.

Hoping everyone's day goes well.

Sar53 Thu 14-Nov-19 08:14:03

Good morning everyone from a very wet Essex by the sea. I have a dental appointment later this morning in a part of town I don't visit very often, so I may have a look in the charity shops around there. I only look at puzzles and good condition books but I often find something worth buying.
Nothing else planned for today. My thoughts are with Gillybobs .
Have a good day everyone.

Susan56 Thu 14-Nov-19 08:15:02

Good morning from Shropshire.
We had a lovely day looking after our little grandson yesterday,he was an absolute joy??We stopped for a meal on the way home at a place we have been driving past for years,it was so good I can see it becoming a regular feature on our drives home from Stafford.
Quiet morning planned then school pick up and overnight stay for our DGD.
Dragonfly,hope your appointment goes well and sending good wishes to everyone else with appointments or worries.
Thinking of you Gilly as always,Sending love,strength and prayers.x