Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(89 Posts)
12Michael Sun 17-Nov-19 06:14:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, and looks like it has rained overnight here in Brackley .Quiet day for me small shop , have lunch , snooze after , watch TV.
Yesterday , the stall at Buckingham Flea Market , which I get old maps was there, we spoke allot as not seen for quite afew weeks , but I had asked for a certain map and she had not brought it with her, anyway another day , had a take away chines meal only to put weight on this morning.
Mick

NanKate Sun 17-Nov-19 06:54:17

Morning Mick and All.

Dark and damp in South Bucks.

Well we survived 4 days of looking after our two boisterous DGSs we now have a brief respite and back on Wednesday!

It’s so nice being back in our own bed and not having to be up and about at 7.00 for the school run.

There is a fabulous little cafe in our son’s village that serves great coffee and sells vintage jewellery and knick knacks. I bought a lovely 1960s pendant with 3 glass jewels that change colour dependent on their positioning. I bought DH an Art Deco style chunky candlestick holder and my DS’s girlfriend a beautiful glass ornament to hold a tea light which is shaped like an ice snowball, it’s Scandinavian. That shop is a little hidden treasure trove.

I shall try and get away with doing as little as possible today. ?

ninathenana Sun 17-Nov-19 07:16:38

Morning Mick, NanKate and all who follow.

Beautiful sunrise just begining in Kent but rain is forecast.
DH may pay a brief visit to the allotment this morning but that's as far as plans go.
That shop sounds like a real treasure trove Kate
Have a good day all.

cornergran Sun 17-Nov-19 07:40:02

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy and blessedly dry corner of Somerset. Busy few days with our friends who are off home later. Best get a wriggle on and cook some breakfast for us all. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone and a special thought for gilly and her husband.

Ginny42 Sun 17-Nov-19 07:51:17

Good morning Mick, and everyone. Sounds like you had a good day yesterday Mick and you will get your map. Slept in this morning, very unusual for me. I'm back on the bed with a cuppa and can clearly see the moon and a few wispy clouds tinged with pink coming from the north. The trees are absolutely still in the woods. No frost visible though, so looks like it's going to be a nice day again in Cheshire.

Usual walk in the woods with neighbours at 9.00 and it's beautiful in there at the moment. There's a lovely yew tree festooned with golden leaves showered from the sycamore above it, and it looks like a Christmas tree with baubles. The hollies are quite thick with berries. The robin is in my garden a lot now searching for grubs, and the blue tits are finding lots of greenfly still on the roses.

Made a list of Christmas food and will get some items today when I go to the hairdresser's. Mostly it's favourites of my DGS who likes certain things when in the UK.

Sending warm wishes to Gilly. Know that you are in my thoughts, as are all coping with problems of one kind or another. Enjoy your holidays those who are away from home. Have a good day everyone. xx

Beechnut Sun 17-Nov-19 07:51:54

Good Morning everyone from a cloudy Severnside.

I’m quite late this morning after sleeping in. I’m just going to see what the days brings and do some washing ready to peg out first thing tomorrow morning.

Enjoy your Sunday and thinking of gilly ?

kittylester Sun 17-Nov-19 07:52:09

Morning all from a dry but cold North Leicestershire.

Not a lot on today after a very busy day yesterday. We have a man coming to give us a quite for installing new shower and radiator but that is all we have on the agenda.

I've had a request for sausage casserole rather than a roast and, luckily, I have one I made earlier!!

I think that shop should be rules out of bounds, kate. grin

Thinking of everyone with worries and sadness especially, of course, our gilly.

Susan56 Sun 17-Nov-19 07:52:41

Good morning from Shropshire.Its dry and the moment and hoping it stays that way as DGD’s 4th birthday party today and she is hoping to put a unicorn horn on her Shetland pony and let her friends have a pony ride round the garden??
We have been up for a while getting food prepared and will set off in about an hour to look after the baby while they all get ready.
Wishing everyone a good Sunday and special thoughts and prayers to gilly and her husband.x

Beechnut Sun 17-Nov-19 07:55:01

My smile just got bigger and bigger as I read your post yesterday Marydoll

NanKate Sun 17-Nov-19 08:00:01

Yes Kitty they see me coming. The shop is decked out like a 1940s cafe and there is music quietly playing in the background from 40s to 60s. The building is old so it is like in a time warp. The proprietor’s wise is Canadian/Scandinavian so visits both countries and comes back with all these vintage items.

All best wishes to the Gillybobs ?

moggie Sun 17-Nov-19 08:02:40

Good morning Mick & all from dry, grey Castleton. Very busy y’day Christmas lights switch on. It’s a lovely village annsixty lovely to hear you have some happy memories of your visits with your DH. There has been a lot of rain here as we discovered glad we had walking boots on as we squelched our way over the field to the village from the farm we’re staying at.
More walking today after a hearty breakfast.
Thoughts are with Gillybob & her DH.
Hope all not well or struggling have have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

loopyloo Sun 17-Nov-19 08:05:38

Good morning everyone from East London. The sun is rising in a Turneresque sky, shining through the silver birch.

A meeting this morning at the local bakery with the other residents about buying the freehold. I don't think we will proceed.

Then picking up a friend and going to the allotment. I now have more glass so hopefully can do more on the greenhouse.

Have a nice quiet day, Mick. Shame about the map. Hope she will be back soon to the flea market.

NannyJan53 Sun 17-Nov-19 08:12:12

Good Morning from a grey and damp Black Country.

We had a tootle over to Bridgnorth yesterday, bought meat from a good Butchers there, and lunch out. Bumped into an old work colleague, as he lives there, so had a good chat with him.

Partner is off on a cycle ride this morning with the club he has recently joined. I will make some vegetable soup for lunch, with enough to freeze a few portions

That café sounds like Heaven NanKate I like the sound of the tealight holder.

Thoughts with everyone who has worries and or struggling heath wise, especially our dear gillybob and her DH.

Alygran Sun 17-Nov-19 08:22:13

Good morning from North Yorkshire. More rain overnight but dry at the moment.
Church this morning then back home for brunch. Chicken to cook for later then pub quiz with friends this evening. Hopefully catch up with the DDs for a telephone chat.
Thinking of Gilly
Hope today is kind to you all.

Yiayia4 Sun 17-Nov-19 08:34:23

Morning all,misty and murky here this morning.
Doing a pre birthday dinner for our DSs (twins)so a busy day.
Hope everyone has a nice Sunday,thinking of Gilly.

BlueSapphire Sun 17-Nov-19 08:44:44

Good morning everyone from a very grey but dry Northampton. Hoping it stays that way as I am going to watch Saints play Lyon this afternoon in the rugby European cup.
Made my Christmas puddings yesterday, and fed them well before wrapping and storing. Hope to make the mince pies this week and get them in the freezer.
Thinking of Gilly, and all those with worries.

Marydoll Sun 17-Nov-19 08:45:15

Good morning all from a sunny, but perishing Glasgow.

We are off to DS' home for a wee family get together, as it is our wee granddaughter's fourth birthday tomorrow. We are girding our loins as she will be so excited.

Feely pretty rubbish today (and yesterday), so I will be letting everyone run after me for a change.

Kate, I would have run amok in that shop

Thinking af Gilly and all who need our support.

GabriellaG54 Sun 17-Nov-19 08:49:12

Good morning
This is a sincere THANK YOU message to all the ladies who took the time (some on more than one occasion) to PM me after my 'leaving' message.
I was quite taken back at the number (32 34 incl 2 this morning) and kind remarks from posters I had never heard of and other GNers who admit to not having agreed with many of my posts.

For the first week or so I didn't even read any nor did I peruse the various threads and tbh, I went away for a few days without my phone.
Those who PM'd know who you are so I'm not going to name names, suffice to say that your comments and warmth were a surprise and humbly received.
I hope this is an acceptable way of offering my appreciation to all who gave up their time to send their thoughts.
Thanks from the ❤️ and good wishes to all. ???
Gabriella

Marydoll Sun 17-Nov-19 08:51:35

Welcome back!!!!

Anniebach Sun 17-Nov-19 08:52:59

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Welcome back Gabriella

vena11 Sun 17-Nov-19 08:54:44

Good morning from a dull Bristol ,
I don't know what we will do today yet as DH has been low again with the cold and being and looking miserable, he cant seem to shake of his cough either. The start of the winter coughs and colds seem to stay for ever.
I hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday and as always my thoughts are will gillybob and I hope when we do hear from her there is some good news.

JenniferEccles Sun 17-Nov-19 08:58:03

Welcome back GabriellaG54

You have been missed!

harrigran Sun 17-Nov-19 09:00:14

Good morning from a damp NE.
I am tired as I was awake half the night, normally I would go walk about and make a cup of tea but with DS and GD staying it was not practical.
DS taking GD to meet up with other GPs so a quieter day for us.
Thinking of gilly.

NannyJan53 Sun 17-Nov-19 09:03:42

Welcome back GabriellaG54 I didn't always agree with some of your posts, but I felt you were a kind and fair person.

Nannylovesshopping Sun 17-Nov-19 09:05:25

Thinking of you Gilly and hoping you are ok, in as much as you can be ?