Gransnet forums

Chat

I wish I had............

(47 Posts)
NanKate Mon 18-Nov-19 21:54:08

Many years ago on our 25th Wedding Anniversary we went for lunch and a walk round a lovely NT Gardens. We took photos of each other and then I spotted a chap sitting on a bench and I was just about to ask him to take a photo of us when I realised it was Terry O’Neil the famous photographer (he died yesterday 17 Nov) I thought he might refuse me so I never asked, what a shame.

Do you have any regrets ?

NotSpaghetti Mon 18-Nov-19 23:56:38

Yes plenty.
I’m sure we all do.

BradfordLass72 Tue 19-Nov-19 06:28:16

I wish I had............

good eyes

BBbevan Tue 19-Nov-19 06:34:03

Ditto Bradfordlass , and also my son and family living nearer.

NfkDumpling Tue 19-Nov-19 07:19:51

Lots of regrets, but then my life wouldn’t have headed in the direction it has, and I really rather like it.

travelsafar Tue 19-Nov-19 08:01:51

I wish i had the widom i have now a few years back, my life would be so different......

travelsafar Tue 19-Nov-19 08:02:10

Wisdom!!!!

BlueBelle Tue 19-Nov-19 08:05:43

I wouldn’t have a clue what Terry O Neil looked liked so I would probably have asked anyway ?

Chewbacca Tue 19-Nov-19 08:06:57

I wish....... I hadn't done it.

DanniRae Tue 19-Nov-19 08:22:56

I wish I had.........been braver all my life. I am such a woose!! sad

kittylester Tue 19-Nov-19 08:33:00

When I was young, people sometimes asked if I was Sandie Shaw - I wish I had led them on a bit. grin

I'd make 2 Sandie Shaw's now!!

Anniebach Tue 19-Nov-19 08:57:07

I think I wish I had married again when asked, I may not have been so lonely for so long

Grammaretto Tue 19-Nov-19 08:57:25

That was a serious mistake NanKate! You would have been on the front cover of something. grin
I wish I had taken better care of my teeth.
4yr old DGD told me I had teeth missing. She also told me a joke:
Q) What do you call a sheep with no head?
A) A cloud!
then you laugh loudly.
If whatever I have done or not done has led me to where I am now - in the company of this little person.
Je ne regrette rien

annodomini Tue 19-Nov-19 09:30:30

I wish I had a good singing voice.

Madmaggie Tue 19-Nov-19 10:41:27

Written down my grandfathers tales and met my grandmothers. Learned how to play a musical instrument. Questioned more & not trusted my first two husbands hmm

grandtanteJE65 Tue 19-Nov-19 10:57:50

I sometimes still regret the large family of children I dreamed of having when I was a teenager. Not my fault I didn't have them, due to circumstances beyond my control.

I regret not making a stand against a domineering but much loved mother when I was 16 instead of waiting until I was nearly 40, but I wasn't brought up to disobey my parents or disagree with them.

Ah well, c'est la guerre to quote my grandpa.

TerryM Tue 19-Nov-19 11:01:46

As another poster stated I may regret some of my decisions due to emotional or physical pain however I like me and I like where I am.
Not always having made the best decisions but those have contributed to the person I am today

Lindylou23 Tue 19-Nov-19 12:14:30

I regret not getting married in church, my husband to be was divorced and did not recognise divorced people to marry in church.

Nannan2 Tue 19-Nov-19 12:22:20

Love the sheep joke Grammaretto!

Jans3 Tue 19-Nov-19 13:05:43

Many many regrets. The biggest one staying with an abusive husband for 28 years, I feel I wasted so much precious time

Anrol Tue 19-Nov-19 13:20:23

........ Moved away to a bigger house in the country I always dreamed of (& we could have afforded it ?), from the traffic laden, busy, noisy area our nice semi rural little town has now become.

Phloembundle Tue 19-Nov-19 13:24:05

I wish I hadn't had a sadistic bastard for a dentist as a child, then my terror of dentists wouldn't have left me with so few natural teeth. I wish I had learned to ride a horse. I wish I had been blessed with a fantastic singing voice so that I could have been a backing singer for Pink Floyd.

Gonegirl Tue 19-Nov-19 13:26:36

I wish I'd entered into the spirit of the thing last Saturday. It was our once-a-year event and I let worrying spoil it. It won't come again till next year.

Shouldn't dwell on these negative thoughts really.

Teetime Tue 19-Nov-19 14:14:30

If I knew then what I know now!!!

HettyMaud Tue 19-Nov-19 14:24:25

Regrets? Where do I start!
Wish I'd looked after my teeth
Wish I'd never smoked
Wish I'd never sunbathed
Wish I'd spent more time with my Grandparents
Wish I'd listened to my Dad's war stories
Wish I'd learned a musical instrument
Wish I'd travelled more when I was young and felt like doing it
etc etc..........