Gransnet forums

Chat

so annoyed .....

(36 Posts)
travelsafar Sun 24-Nov-19 08:26:13

I ordered online a set of matching suitcases for my DD as a gift for xmas. I thought yes the perfect gift. Someone stayed home on the day they were to be delivered but no they didn't arrive. I left it another day thinking, well its bound to be delayed its the busy season. On the next day i rang to enquire where they were only to be told they were out of stock!! Why did they take my order and money the week previous if they were out of stock???? It will take up to 5 working days to refund my money. So they have had my money for effectively over 10days and i have no gift!!! To top it all when i went onto their webpage the items are still online for sale so other people will also be trapped into this cycle if they decide to purchase them. Why do companies believe this to be acceptable behaviour!!!

Yehbutnobut Sun 24-Nov-19 08:31:59

Name the company so others can avoid them.

BradfordLass72 Sun 24-Nov-19 08:36:31

Why do companies believe this to be acceptable behaviour!!!

Because if a substantial number of people do it, they have a 'nice little earner' on the interest they make from your money.

What I think probably happened though is they expected a delivery and it didn't turn up or has been delayed.
The nature of being in a supply chain.

I do hope you manage to get a good replacement for your daughter.

travelsafar Sun 24-Nov-19 08:39:43

Yehbutnobut didn't name as thought that was not allowed on GN. It is a well known company begins with M and ends in N!!!

Yehbutnobut Sun 24-Nov-19 08:49:19

I don’t see that in the rules and I’m sure I’ve read critiques of Amazon, M&S, and so on on this forum. Do you mean Morrison’s or does that end in an ‘s’? ?

sodapop Sun 24-Nov-19 08:50:58

That is so annoying travelasfar hope you manage to get a replacement in time. I have had widely varying customer service experiences recently. Some have gone out of their way to accommodate me and others well...........
I do give feedback in either instance.

Ohmother Sun 24-Nov-19 09:13:06

This has turned into a guessing game. ?. Monsoon?

Susan56 Sun 24-Nov-19 09:15:03

Matalan?

grannyrebel7 Sun 24-Nov-19 09:21:51

Name and shame them on Twitter you'll get your money back quicker and an apology.

Callistemon Sun 24-Nov-19 09:44:50

Begins with M and ends in N?

I had a problem when I ordered suitcases over the phone a few years ago from a well known luggage firm; someone there used my credit card details to do their Christmas shopping.

However, it wasn't M**********N ?whoever they are

Callistemon Sun 24-Nov-19 09:47:19

Antler and Matalan came up first on google

polnan Sun 24-Nov-19 10:22:23

Interest? where does anyone get any substantial interest from?

o.k. no I have no idea who you mean, yes, name them and shame them....

Nannan2 Sun 24-Nov-19 10:25:00

M&N?? Not a cluegrinplease just tell usgringrin

RosesAreRed21 Sun 24-Nov-19 10:25:08

That is so annoying and I would be fuming too.

Nannan2 Sun 24-Nov-19 10:26:46

Im going for matalan!hmmgrin

Juicylucy Sun 24-Nov-19 10:27:29

Matalan do suitcases not sure Monsoon or Morrison’s do especially this time of year.

EllaKeat Sun 24-Nov-19 10:27:46

Would guess at Matalan, they have lots in our local store.

And you are correct, it is a disgrace. They are very quick to take payment and ridiculously slow to refund.

Good luck!

Cp43 Sun 24-Nov-19 10:33:31

Tell them you’re going to give them a poor review on social media if they don’t sharpen upand they will soon pay attention. It does work. Once you have your money leave a review and inform everyone how unreliable they are.

4allweknow Sun 24-Nov-19 11:21:04

Matalan I guess. I had the same with M & S only this week. Ordered an item arranged collection at a Simply Food for the first available date a week later. Day before advised out of stock and refund will be made in 5 days. Terrible system and money with them for nearly 2 weeks. Decided there and then no more shopping on line with this company. Nearest store is 30 miles away now so very rarely will I be trekking that distance. At least I didn't wait in.

travelsafar Sun 24-Nov-19 11:42:33

It is Matalan and i have put a post on their face book page as a warning to other people.

Lesley60 Sun 24-Nov-19 11:48:48

Contact Resolver they are brilliant and has helped me get a swift refund on two occasions from well known companies.

annie55w Sun 24-Nov-19 12:01:47

Have to say I had the same problem twice with Matalan.Ordered click and collect.Other shops are much quicker with their click and collect.In this case it was nearly a week and then told half my order wasn't available.Money already taken of course and quite a wait for refund.I gave them the benefit of the doubt the first time but when it happened again I gave up with them.

Jaye53 Sun 24-Nov-19 12:04:41

What company?

SiobhanSharpe Sun 24-Nov-19 12:12:37

If you do Twitter you could also tweet the company as well as the MD in person. Name should be on their website.
Companies really don't like their, er, mistakes to be held up to the light.
It also occurs to me that this kind of practice improves their cash flow and accounts (albeit temporarily) in the run up to Christmas, which this year could well be a difficult one for traders.

Damdee Sun 24-Nov-19 12:29:06

Thanks for that - I had never heard of them. Useful to know!