Gransnet forums

Chat

Early morning thoughts........A lighthearted thread!!

(68 Posts)
DanniRae Sun 24-Nov-19 09:15:26

After thinking about what I have planned for the day I then think about what to wear, what to have for dinner and does my hair need washing (I hate washing my hair!!)
I'm interested to know what are other Gransnetters first thoughts?

rubysong Sun 24-Nov-19 09:22:26

Pretty much the same. Also what time is it, can I get back to sleep? If it is early shall I switch on the Kindle and read for a bit.

vena11 Sun 24-Nov-19 09:31:09

What time is it and what is the weather like today.

Pantglas2 Sun 24-Nov-19 09:31:32

I awoke at 7am and lay listening to birds tweeting and started my mental shopping list - I’ve been away so stocks are low and I hate a half empty fridge, freezer or cupboard!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 24-Nov-19 09:33:23

My first thoughts are rather mundane.
Go to the loo, then I look out of the window to see what the weather has done overnight - has it been raining? Cold, bright and frosty?
Then downstairs for that first delicious cup of tea.

Nannylovesshopping Sun 24-Nov-19 09:37:19

This am., has the spaniel thrown up on the floor after foraging in the woods yesterday? and make sure I don’t step in it?

Ellianne Sun 24-Nov-19 09:53:58

The pets make sure my first thoughts are to feed them. 3 pairs of eyes at the side of my bed upon waking.

Curlywhirly Sun 24-Nov-19 09:58:47

My first thought is - don't move! Our dog (golden labrador) sleeps either on our bedroom floor or on the landing and if I move she immediately thinks I am getting up and bounces up and down next to my side (always my side!) of the bed, squealing with delight (honestly, the noise she makes, you'd think she was in pain!). There is no way you can stay in bed, she makes such a fuss. And this is all because she wants her breakfast - NOW!! Needless to say, I have got lying very still off to a fine art ?

Jane10 Sun 24-Nov-19 10:03:31

I always have to have a think about what I'm supposed to be doing that day. There seems to be so much variety at present that I can get a bit confused. If it's an Aquafit or yoga morning that has implications re what to wear and how quickly I need to get up and out. However, lots of other things are also happening these days so my routine is all to pot!

Ohmother Sun 24-Nov-19 10:09:05

How long can I leave it before I have to get out of bed for this wee?

Pinktiger1268 Sun 24-Nov-19 10:17:38

I always wonder if I want to get out of bed or just stay there. I definitely don't won't to go to work but I have to and my house is to quiet. I do get out of bed and I do go to work but instead look forward to going to bed

Pollyj Sun 24-Nov-19 10:18:34

If it’s a work day it’s aarghhhh...going to be late again, why did I stay up ‘till 2 again. If it’s not a work day it might be ‘what do I need to do today? Must get some writing done, and then....what is that smell? The cat has used the litter tray, I can tell!

nipsmum Sun 24-Nov-19 10:20:24

What is the time, is it raining?? My 2 Westies are needing their breakfast and a walk before I can think of anything else.

SueDonim Sun 24-Nov-19 10:22:21

Today it was 'Oh, the baby's awake, I'd better get up and get her some milk.' swiftly followed by 'Urrrgh, it's only 5:50am and it's dark!'.

We've had our granddaughter overnight while her mum & dad had an evening out. smile

Abuelana Sun 24-Nov-19 10:26:38

Well today rambling thoughts were
Need to check Xmas card addresses
Package up some baby clothes to be sent onto a niece
What to wear for a girlie lunch
Shower wash hair and go straight out to lunch...,
Nothing much really !

M0nica Sun 24-Nov-19 10:28:12

What time is it? Shall I turn over and doze for a bit? I will start my day with a hot drink.

NannyG123 Sun 24-Nov-19 10:32:51

I get my clothes ready night before, as in the winter I put them on radiator. My only thoughts when I get up are whist shall I have for breakfast. And do I need to go shopping today.

Juicylucy Sun 24-Nov-19 10:32:53

Check the time, then wonder if my dear old doggy is awake yet ( she has mild doggy dementia). Lay and listen to the church bells they are played every Sunday morning.What time shall I go to see local Christmas tree lights being switched on as events going on all day.

marpau Sun 24-Nov-19 10:36:35

What day is it? What's the weather like? What am I supposed to be doing? Then what to wear do I need to wash my hair?

Gonegirl Sun 24-Nov-19 10:37:51

How the hell did I sleep till ten o'clock after only doing ten minutes on my exercise bike last night. It can't have been that knackering.

Scottiebear Sun 24-Nov-19 10:39:36

Cup of tea ... cup of tea .... cup of tea. Then I can think properly.

BlueSapphire Sun 24-Nov-19 10:46:14

Same as beigecardigans! Go to the loo, put dressing gown on, look out of the window to see what the weather's like, then downstairs for tea, tablets and a biscuit. Wonder what cats have got up to overnight!

But sometimes feel thankful I am seeing another day, and then feel sad that DH isn't here to share it.

Think about plans for the day and decide what to wear depending on activities and weather. And just get on with it.

Millie22 Sun 24-Nov-19 10:51:04

How my daughter and baby are as dgs was born early and they are still in hospital then a cup of tea.

Grammaretto Sun 24-Nov-19 10:51:50

DH brings me tea in bed nearly every morning and wakes me. Thoughts? none at all. I have to wind up my brain. Then I begin to worry about all the DC and DGC who are all under some strain at present.
Not sure worrying helps.

HurdyGurdy Sun 24-Nov-19 10:51:58

I hope the car I am purchasing from my manager at work, and collecting today, doesn't turn out to be a wreck, and have more bits to be done than she's told me. smile