Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Wed 27-Nov-19 06:14:20

Good Morning Everyone,
I yet again wake up to dark sky and wet conditions here in Brackley this morning.
Today , brief trip into Brackley to check at a branded opticians to see if they do gift cards, a call into WHS and buy some Xmas stamps, then maybe browse at some DVDs before bus home ,and a quiet day in.
Mick

DoraMarr Wed 27-Nov-19 06:35:47

Good morning Micheal from me in Birmingham, where it is dry and quite mild. I’ve been awake for ages- I don’t know why. I’m going to have a walk in the park this morning, then I will go to my U3A architecture group this afternoon.
I hope everyone has a good day.

arosebyanyothername Wed 27-Nov-19 06:52:36

Good morning to you.
The cat wanted to go out at 4.30! It was raining quite heavily then in Essex.
Dry now but expecting more rain later. This could be a quiet day in with the ironing and a good film for me.
It would be nice to have an empty laundry basket for a change ?
Living the dream ?

moggie Wed 27-Nov-19 07:02:49

Good Morning Mick, DoraMarr & all to follow from dark, wet Nottingham. Work today, DD will call by & give me a lift in, academics are on strike at Nottm uni where she works, y’day they were stepping out as cars drove through the entrance waving leaflets in front of car windscreens!
Thoughts are with Gillybob & her DH, hope you had a lovely day with your DG.
Hope all not well, struggling or have worries have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

NfkDumpling Wed 27-Nov-19 07:05:27

Morning All

It's hammering it down here in Norfolk. Windy squalls and rain dripping onto the plastic window sills kept waking me. I think our water table is back to the full level now.

My lovely reflexology lady is coming early this morning so I shall be wafting around on a relaxed cloud the rest of the day.

Strengthening vibes as always to Gilly.

Beechnut Wed 27-Nov-19 07:09:32

Good Morning everyone.

Wet and cloudy on Severnside.

Housework, pottering and a climb into the loft is on the cards today.

Thinking of you all and guessing gilly had a great time with her granddaughter and that her DH is continuing to make progress ?

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 27-Nov-19 07:09:40

Good morning from east London, where it’s wet and quite mild. Tennis session this morning then cinema this evening so plenty of time (!) between to wander round the house wondering if we’ll get this mess sorted in time for Xmas. There’s a slight feeling of freedom in our lives as, with DD now on maternity leave, we currently have no school pickups/evening childcare to do so we can visit at our leisure. Hope everyone has a reasonable day.

BlueSapphire Wed 27-Nov-19 07:09:47

Good morning from yet another wet day in Northampton!

Had a lovely day with my DB and his wife yesterday; a long chat over coffee, then a delicious meal out at a nearby pub. That was interesting, as sitting two tables away from us was Charles Spencer (Princess Diana's brother)! It would not be unusual to see him there as it is on his Althorp patch, and I have seen him there before. My DSIS-in-law was quite impressed.

Off to book club this morning, and then I may have to go and sit at DS's house as he is is expecting a delivery which must be signed for. So I will probably have to miss my health walk this afternoon. But as it looks wet, that will be no great hardship.

Hope Gilly had a lovely day yesterday with her little DGD. Best wishes to all for the day.

kittylester Wed 27-Nov-19 07:16:30

Morning all from a damp North Leicestershire- I think we had rain overnight but is not currently raining.

Out for cupcakebrew with a lovely gner this afternoon but, before that, Iwill do the photobooks, Iwill do the photo books.............

Hoping to hear good news from gilly. And sending good wishes to marydoll and all who need them.

cornergran Wed 27-Nov-19 07:18:16

Morning Mick, morning All. Stayed overnight in Wiltshire where you won’t be surprised to hear it’s raining, fairly mild though. Lunch with a friend then a quick visit to Littlest who has been poorly and is feeling very sorry for himself before two motorways home. Floating or driving, who knows. Love to gilly and her husband as ever and a hope that Wednesday is kind to everyone.

cornergran Wed 27-Nov-19 07:21:32

Kitty it took me over 4 hours to do one photo book recently. You’ll be better at it I’m sure. smile. I recommend plenty of coffee, cake and paracetamol along with the odd wine to help the process along. Good luck.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 27-Nov-19 07:26:18

Good morning Mick and all from a wet and cold S E Essex.

We are home from Kenya, and already missing eldest son and wife. We had a marvellous time with them but the weeks flew by.

Off for a a Christmas gift shop later.

Thoughts are with the gillybobs

Marydoll hope you are looking forward to retirement and New York.

Wishing you all a a safe Wednesday.

Resurgam123 Wed 27-Nov-19 07:27:27

Good Morning All. Wet here in Cheshire and It seems to have been wet all week.
I really need my cup of tea like it is a drug. Funny that. I stagger into the kichen to put the kettle on.
I assure you all it is only Yorkshire tea. Have a good day.

Marydoll Wed 27-Nov-19 07:29:04

Good morning all from a dark and damp Glasgow, where it is 7C/45F, I think I will start a new career as a TV weather presenter! grin.

I've been pottering about since 6am and as usual, noticed wee jobs needing done.
My baking cupboard has been tidied and wiped down, out of date crisps , thrown out, ( blush I hate waste ), hall cupboard tidied and a few bits and pieces for NY done. By 11am, I will need a doze!!

Nothing much planned, I think I will have a go at making savoury crêpes for dinner, I seem to have lost my appetite, but unfortunately not losing any weight! angry. Perhaps grazing from the Quality Street tin is the problem! grin

Still no nausea tablets as yet. I enquired at the doctor's about them. The prescription apparently had been sent to the pharmacy, but when I got there, they insisted they had only received it and I couldn't have it. I stressed I had requested it EIGHT days ago!!
The pharmacist reluctantly agreed to dispense it, but I would have to wait an hour.
Eventually I gave up, as we had the nursery pick up and couldn't wait that long. angry
I will go back tomorrow, it's in the next town and the parking near it is horrendous and so stressful.
DIL brought my new glasses home last night, but one pair keeps sliding down my nose, (and it is a rather large nose), so I shall combine the optician with the pharmacy trips.

I have a Click and Collect parcel to get at our local Boots store, (I didn't know you could do that) and look for a nice card for DIL's birthday, which will be while we are in NY.
DIL is so difficult to buy for, so asking her to choose a gift in NY is the ideal solution. ?

Hoping that Gilly enjoyed her time with wee Evie yesterday and her husband continues to improve.
Enjoy your day, whatever your plans.

Ginny42 Wed 27-Nov-19 07:35:35

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's dark and that's all I know about outside atm. Sleepless night. I read the news at 2.30 a.m. and then settled down and slept.

I have to be at a friend's house at 10 to let someone in to move a bed and then take delivery of an NHS bed. Not sure that that looks like, but gather it will make life easier for her and her carers.

A friend came for dinner last night so it's left over leek and potato soup for lunch. Then I'm going shopping with a neighbour for her to choose her birthday present from me and it will involve [café]cupcake. Her favourite venue is Dobbies.

Hope you had a lovely day yesterday Gilly and that it boosted your spirits. Best wishes to Marydoll and Dragonfly and anyone coping with treatments or feeling down. flowers

Take care everyone.

Marydoll Wed 27-Nov-19 07:39:26

Ginny, what a lovely friend you are, your friend is a very lucky lady to have someone like you in your life. flowers

Como2020 Wed 27-Nov-19 07:41:05

Good morning and hello to all.

Quiet, mild, damp and grey. Hope to see a bit of blue!

What I thought was going to happen today, happened yesterday, which didn’t matter in the slightest, so now I’ve a completely clear day to do with as I wish!

Healing vibes winging their way to the gillybobs.

Brunette10 Wed 27-Nov-19 07:41:50

Good Morning from a dark and damp Fife once again. Weather is to improve today slightly. Off out for brunch again today to a lovely country larder whose breakfasts are excellent. We shall then do some shopping as DH would like some new black shoes. Will pop into see DD and DGS's at some point as she is off today. Nice to hear gilly having a break yesterday day from hospital hope her DH keeps improving. Sending good wishes to all with ailments and worries. Marydoll the count down has begun in earnest I think smile

Grammaretto Wed 27-Nov-19 07:44:51

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's not light enough to know if its raining or not. I have a girl coming to help in the garden at 9am picking up litter and leaves she's a horticultural student and will prune shrubs.
I enjoyed the Edinburgh meet up yesterday. I hope Gilly enjoyed her day too.
Have a good day everyone whatever your plans.

NannyJan53 Wed 27-Nov-19 07:45:56

Good Morning from another dull, damp Black Country. I was awake at 5.40am, then I must have dozed off again and was woken by DP, I take him to the train station at 7.05am. No lies ins for me until he retires smile

Received a delivery of a digital camera yesterday (present for DGD aged 8). Luckily I checked inside and discovered the Lithium Battery was not there. So after a live chat, I have to return it and re-order! So that was an hour gone out of my day.

I will drive over to Mums today and I daresay we will go out for lunch smile

I hope you get your tablets today Marydoll , constant nausea is so debilitating. Get your DH to hide the Quality Street till Christmas smile

Hope you had a lovely time with little Evie gilly and your DH is still slowly improving.

Are you new arosebyanyothername ? If so welcome to our friendly good morning thread.

arosebyanyothername Wed 27-Nov-19 08:00:45

Yes new to this thread NannyJan53
Thank you for your warm welcome. I’ll try to look in when I can ?

Pantglas2 Wed 27-Nov-19 08:03:49

Morning all from dry at the moment north Wales! Still in bed with the chamberpot of tea that gets me moving (soon) which DH brought to me - sometimes I fetch it myself and do my exercises while waiting for the boil then brew!

Not a lot planned after trip for DH at Gobowen yesterday - they even did the pre-op so looking good for it to be done within next six weeks. Thanks for the tip Susan56 on parking - we don’t pay in Wales and I nearly dropped when I saw that the prescription charge is £9 per item! Surely those things need to change whichever party gets in?

Hope everyone has a lovely day x

NanKate Wed 27-Nov-19 08:03:51

Good morning Mick and All.

Another grey and damp day in South Bucks. It really is depressing.

Off to meet a friend for lunch. She has chosen a pub where you have to arrive by 11.45 as they don’t take bookings and are full by 12.00. The portions are tiny and expensive IMO. There is a great atmosphere but it wouldn’t be my choice but it was my friend’s turn to choose.

Ginny did you ever manage to get the tv and set it up for your friend ? TVs today take ages to get them working hence we got the men from JL to do it and explain to me how it all works, not straight forward.

Best of luck with the tablets Mary.

Looking fwd to hearing about your day Gilly with your young Evie.

Lins1066 Wed 27-Nov-19 08:06:39

Good Morning Mick and all.
Wet here on the S Welsh coast and we have for a high tide later.
Marydoll I discovered that Boots do a Click and Collect earlier this year, also our local Superdrug too. So convenient as I am housebound at the moment, I just send DH!
Hope those who are unwell feel better soon.
Have a good day.

dragonfly46 Wed 27-Nov-19 08:08:50

Good morning from dank Leicestershire.

Going to see my mum this morning - she won’t know me or have any conversation but I like to check she is being well cared for.

NWR this evening so need to finish the book we have been given to read.

Sorry you still haven’t got your pills Mary.
Sending love to Gilly.