Gransnet forums

Chat

Boris and Carrie

(52 Posts)
Calendargirl Sun 08-Dec-19 11:01:49

Just looking at a picture of Boris and girlfriend at a London temple yesterday. She is wearing a very pretty pink, gold and red sari, he in his customary rather ill fitting suit and socks. They are sharing a ‘glance’, Boris looks as though he thinks he’s a very lucky man.
Hope his luck holds out next week.

Urmstongran Sun 08-Dec-19 11:17:05

Ooh you’re brave posting this!!
?

GrannyGravy13 Sun 08-Dec-19 11:37:12

Fingers crossed, (especially after seeing McDonnell and Sturgeon on Andrew Marr this morning) ???

ClareAB Sun 08-Dec-19 11:45:10

I really hope, for the sake of pretty much everyone, that the Tories are kicked out of power. I don't understand how anyone could vote for them after the terrible suffering and deaths the Tories have caused. Unless of course you are that one percent...

JenniferEccles Sun 08-Dec-19 12:05:33

I would far rather have Boris dressed like a tramp than the ghastly prospect of Corbyn in no. 10

Welshwife Sun 08-Dec-19 12:55:23

Sometimes people surprise you!

trisher Sun 08-Dec-19 13:03:51

Oh I'm sorry but if this is them "sharing a glance" I have seldom seen a more manipulated and staged image. He might think he's lucky today the problem is he'll have moved on to another squeeze tomorrow. Much like he does with everything. You can't trust him. He lies all the time.

Violettham Sun 08-Dec-19 13:14:13

I am with you there trisher. Does anyone else think that they all look ridiculous pretending to do ordinary peoples jobs? I would laugh at them if I did not feel so sad about the mess they have got us into. Where have all the good honest people gone to. I am very old and worry about all my family and their future.

Calendargirl Sun 08-Dec-19 13:25:03

Oh, that wasn’t quite the same picture as the one I looked at. In this one, they look to be enjoying themselves and really happy together.
?

BlueBelle Sun 08-Dec-19 13:32:05

I m at a loss to know how anyone can support the Tories after what they are doing (done) to our country and as for that hideous Johnson (akaTrump) it’s beyond my belief in humanity that anyone can think he’s a leader to admire I m sure we will go back into the dark ages on a Thursday as too many people are anti Corbyn and not thinking if the party just the man with a different leader Labour would have walked it
The fake news and the massive massive and constant slurs have shown our country to be very shallow and not at all what I used to think it was
I think Thursday will be the death of UK

BlueBelle Sun 08-Dec-19 13:35:17

What on earth is she wearing a sari for, silly moo a wonder he didn’t don some robes too

JenniferEccles Sun 08-Dec-19 13:35:33

I still wouldn’t vote Labour even if they had elected a new leader although they don’t come much worse than him

GillT57 Sun 08-Dec-19 13:48:43

I couldn't care less how many photo ops Johnson and his latest girlfriend stage for the more guillible members of the public, but I do care that there are so many people who frankly would vote for the late Jimmy Savile if he would get Brexit done.

inkcog Sun 08-Dec-19 14:14:05

What is it you dislike so much about Labour JE?

I don't like any of them.Why can't BJ find a suit that fits him?

inkcog Sun 08-Dec-19 14:15:14

their hands are quite interesting in that snap.

Callistemon Sun 08-Dec-19 14:18:50

inkcog why can't BJ find a suit that fits him?
because his weight goes up and down like a yo yo.

Ellianne Sun 08-Dec-19 14:25:35

Are we supposed to be making comments about Carrie here or the Tory party? If it is the former, as the OP's title suggests, I think Boris is trying to compete with Trump, Macron and Trudeau by having a trophy of equal stature on his arm. How long she lasts is another matter.

GillT57 Sun 08-Dec-19 14:25:37

At the leadership debate on Friday night, Johnson was wearing a well cut, well fitted suit for the first time I can remember, and had his jacket buttoned, shirt tucked in, tie sorted out. He usually has all the style of a burst sofa, despite all his money.

jo1book Sun 08-Dec-19 14:54:05

Boris had everyone in stitches during an interview trying to remember his naughtiest moment. I am voting for a man who makes me laugh - not a miserable old idealogue like Corbyn.
BJ has his faults but my God he has a positive attitude.
(I am a Remainder, but have given up!)

trisher Sun 08-Dec-19 14:57:08

Ah I sense the input of a PR person! Here's a suit that fits, fasten the jacket, tuck in your shirt, straighten your tie! Look at your partner!

trisher Sun 08-Dec-19 14:59:14

jolbrook if you want a comedian for PM I can think of a lot better ones and some of them actually have morals and principles as well!

NanKate Sun 08-Dec-19 15:08:18

I saw a similar photo this morning in the paper and before reading the comments here I thought ‘they do look happy together’. I think if they had a photo taken with their dog in between them it would gain them some votes.

The thought of JC going into Downing Street makes me feel sick ?

I agree with you Calendargirl.

GG13 or anyone else who saw it, give me a quick resume of the Andrew Marr show, I can’t face watching it, thanks ?

jura2 Sun 08-Dec-19 15:09:55

Bucket- please.

inkcog Sun 08-Dec-19 15:13:24

Maybe we could vote for the dog? Might as well.

Calendargirl Sun 08-Dec-19 15:14:22

Thanks NanKate
I too honestly thought they looked happy together. Whatever happens on Thursday/Friday, I hope they ARE happy together, as the song says.