Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Tue 10-Dec-19 06:14:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark, dry but windy start here in brackley this morning, my usual Tuesday this week with bus journeys to Buckingham , then Bicester and back.
Coffee stops along the way , trying to make it a day out.
Mick

cornergran Tue 10-Dec-19 06:28:44

Morning Mick, morning All. It’s dark and very damp in our corner of Somerset, rain is blowing on to the bedroom window. Not much sleep, no real reason, just achey and restless . Cleaning and finishing the Christmas decorating today. Minimal bits and pieces for our sitting room, the conservatory is the major focus and already sorted. Enjoy your day mick, love to gilly, hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Tue 10-Dec-19 06:33:26

Morning mick, morning all.

It's very cold in North Leicestershire. We are up early as dh has a gp appointment and I am doing a CrISP course. Then lunch at a local restaurant with 2 old friends for me.

Dh and Ds1 are off to the football this evening so a quiet time with catch up tv for me.

Hoping to hear from gilly and sending love to all who need it.

kittylester Tue 10-Dec-19 06:33:56

Morning corner.

Beechnut Tue 10-Dec-19 06:35:01

Good Morning Mick and corner and all who follow.

Dark and dry on Severnside. A bit of shopping this morning followed by a home working time.

My friend came to visit yesterday afternoon. She brought some sad news and also some news that made me laugh. My brother arrived later and we had a health check up talk with each other.

Good wishes for all who are poorly and hope you all have a nice day ?

Ginny42 Tue 10-Dec-19 06:46:18

Good morning Mick, cornergran, Kitty and Beechnut and all who follow. Woke up about half an hour ago on the sofa in the sitting room and realised I'd been there all night and had the best sleep! It's dark still, but it's not raining or windy. We had a lovely sunny but cold day in Cheshire yesterday it would be nice to have another like it today.

This morning is a food shop to restock the freezer. This afternoon to use a voucher for a facial of some kind then to get hair done. A friend is coming for dinner this evening, so must prepare it before I go out. Going to try to copy a meal I had in a restaurant last Saturday.

Love to Gilly. It's been a while since I saw news. Hope you're recovering from your treatment dragonfly.

Enjoy Tuesday everyone

Greyduster Tue 10-Dec-19 06:55:51

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. This is early for me these days! It is cold and dry but blowy in South Yorkshire and I have had a sleepless night and feel rather under the weather. Some shopping to do this morning and then over for the school run this afternoon.
My kindest good wishes to all those who are sad or poorly, and to Gilly and Mr G.

NanKate Tue 10-Dec-19 06:57:31

Morning Mick and All.

Pitch dark here in South Bucks.

Taking two not particularly mobile WI members to NT Hughenden, Disraeli’s home, for a talk and to see the 1940s Christmas decorations. Hoping I can get them from the car park to the house via the small buggy. It makes me realise all the planning that has to be done when mobility is an issue.

Hope the Gillybobs are progressing and all those with health issues.

Let us hope this lovely thread remains so today without the sniping from those who do not appreciate the sanctuary this thread offers IMO.

QuaintIrene Tue 10-Dec-19 07:08:57

Good morning everyone.
Cold and drizzly in West Yorkshire.
Got up early to walk my neighbours dog. He has had his cataracts done. My neighbour not the dog.
Then home to run a duster about and clean the kitchen windows. Not a job I like.
Then I don’t know what. Maybe read. Or a look at TPTV. I am not exciting.
Have a good safe day everybody!

BlueSapphire Tue 10-Dec-19 07:19:53

Good morning all from a still dark but dry Northampton. Did not sleep at all well last night. Think I'd wined and dined too well last night! It was our wine club Christmas dinner, at a nice country pub, and we had the most delicious three course meal and lovely wines. DD stayed over and I am just listening out for her so that I can make her a cup of tea before she goes to work.

Having a day in today so that I can make a start on the Christmas tree and decorations.

Hope the day goes well for all.

Urmstongran Tue 10-Dec-19 07:26:52

Good morning everyone from Malaga where we are an hour ahead (I’m not the early bird I seem!) and the sun is just coming up.

No wind today. Will definitely go out at lunchtime for a stroll somewhere. We ate in last night so will eat out tonight.

I finished the first book of the Elena Ferrante Neoploitan series and started the second one last night. Bet you’d love them Marydoll set in Italy!

No news from gillybob I hope all is well. To all who are under par today I hope you feel better as the day goes on and that Tuesday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Marydoll Tue 10-Dec-19 07:29:53

Good morning Mick and all, it's wet and wild here in Glasgow.
I hope you enjoy your day, Mick.

A short post today, (you will all be relieved).
After, the comments on the GM thread yesterday morning and last night, I'm keeping my posts short and sweet.
It certainly upset this wee soul and spoiled the thread, so the unkind posters achieved what they set out to do. sad

Hoping for news from Gillybob and stay safe everyone.

Marydoll Tue 10-Dec-19 07:31:25

I meant to say, welcome QuaintIrene, I've seen you on the games, but not on here. smile

NannyJan53 Tue 10-Dec-19 07:38:45

Good morning from a dark and blustery South Staffs.

Spent the night at DD's as her DH was taken to A & E yesterday. Tests inconclusive, and he may be moved to another Hospital today, just waiting for a bed. So worrying times.

Taking girls to school, then pop home. May have to come back to pick them up.

Marydoll please do not let anyone stop you posting on this lovely thread xx

Brunette10 Tue 10-Dec-19 07:39:55

Good Morning from a fairly wild Fife. It's not nice out!. Meeting friend this morning for catch up and coffee then I have the afternoon to myself while DD is going to collect his brother from hospital and take him back home. Feel days are just flying in so quickly that Santa will soon be here wink smile. Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

dragonfly46 Tue 10-Dec-19 07:43:46

Good morning Mick and all.

Yes very cold here in Leicestershire. I noticed because me bald head was freezing ?.

Sainsbury’s today then a quiet one.

I am so sorry Mary you were so upset by yesterday’s remarks. Your posts are the highlight of my morning. We all love hearing about your’s and your DH’s escapades.
Hopefully we will not hear any more such unkind comments.
I hope you are feeling better this morning and your meds are working.

Welcome QuaintIrene this is usually a very happy thread with lovely people.

Sending love to Gilly as always.

Resurgam123 Tue 10-Dec-19 07:44:59

My oldish car is poorly. And HE thinks this is the alternator . Which is electrical likely according to the noises it made when I tried to start it in the car park outside choir.
Fortunately my friend was picking his wife up and drove me home.
The thought of being stranded 10 miles from home in the dark at half past nine was awful.

dragonfly46 Tue 10-Dec-19 07:45:51

So sorry to hear your news NannyJan I hope your SiL improves soon.

Brunette10 Tue 10-Dec-19 07:47:48

QuaintIrene - welcome!

Susan56 Tue 10-Dec-19 07:51:49

Good morning from Shropshire where it is very windy and heavy rain.
We are off to Stafford to spend the day with our younger daughter and family.
Mary,I too found the unkind posts upsetting,please don’t stop your lovely chatty posts.Lets all make our kind posts win out over the unkind ones.?
Welcome QuaintIrene??
Love to Lins,Ellan,dragonfly and all with health and family worries.
Love,thoughts and prayers to you gilly.x

Lins1066 Tue 10-Dec-19 07:52:49

Good Morning Mick and all. It is very wet in South Wales, not very seasonal.
Sorry to hear there were unkind posts yesterday, I was unaware of that. Another fan of your posts here Marydoll.
Hope your SiL is diagnosed and sorted soon * NannyJan*.
Hope everyone has a good day including the gillybobs.

Brunette10 Tue 10-Dec-19 07:53:36

How rude am I! - so sorry forgot to thank all of you for your good wishes on our 47th Wedding anniversary yesterday. It was so nice of you all - thank you. I have given myself a tiny slap wink

Lins1066 Tue 10-Dec-19 07:54:36

A heartfelt thank you from me Susan, enjoy your day.?

MawB Tue 10-Dec-19 07:56:03

Good Morning all from a dark corner of N Bucks. I’d turn over and pull the duvet over my head again but I’m off to meet a GNetter in Oxford for lunch and a visit to the Ashmolean.
I suspect talk may feature!
Wishing all with worries , health issues, things on their mind or any sort of stress or sadness, some relief and every sympathy. And a pleasant day.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 10-Dec-19 07:59:33

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Just brightening up here in SE Essex.

Decorating the tree in the lounge, a quick dash round Sainsbury's then off to DILs with D and GS after school for a pre birth photoshoot (DIL is a photographer)

GS is sleeping over this evening so best get my storytelling voice in shape.

Marydoll please do not change your posting style, I like many others enjoy them immensely.

Keep safe folks ??