Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(51 Posts)
12Michael Fri 13-Dec-19 06:11:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, wet and windy here in Brackley this morning.
Weekly shop this morning , think weather will dictate as to rest of day for me.
Mick

mancgirl Fri 13-Dec-19 06:26:18

Morning Michael and everyone to follow. Up early, an hour ahead in Spain. Pitch dark and blowing a hooley outside so in no rush to get up! Leave early tomorrow morning so clean up day today and pack what little we bring - and buy heresmile. Dinner with our neighbours this evening. Hope everyone has a good day. flowers to Gilly and anyone else who needs some cheer.

kittylester Fri 13-Dec-19 06:26:22

Good morning mick.

I haven't really checked but the soggy muggy on our bed indicates that is, or has been, raining.

I'm going for a pedicure this morning and the Christmas tree is being delivered at some point.

Sending loving hugs to all who need them.

Ginny42 Fri 13-Dec-19 06:40:11

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's dark and wet here in Cheshire. I can hear the rain on the windows but must shake a leg. (Why do we say that?)

I'm off to Knutsford this morning and meeting my sister for lunch. Hope to finish Christmas shopping today and have a relaxing weekend.

Warm wishes to all who are feeling stressed or unwell. To Gilly and hope that her DH continues to improve and she gets her tooth sorted. Hope you are improving Dragonfly.

Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

Newquay Fri 13-Dec-19 06:43:34

Hard to see what it’s like yet here in Yorkshire-not a good forecast. In charge of getting DGD, 6, to school and looking after DGS, 2. Had usual lack of sleep so when DGS has his nap so will I!
Good day to especially those with problems

Beechnut Fri 13-Dec-19 06:48:18

Good Morning everyone.

Another dark and damp start on Severnside.

After breakfast I’m going to have my haircut then run a few errands about town.

I hope a good day will be had by you all however busy or not you will be ?

Scentia Fri 13-Dec-19 06:49:35

Good Morning to all above and all to come.
Day off today so off to DD to cuddle my DGS for hours on end.
We have got the ‘GrandMa’ visiting my DD house as she is not allowed in ours! Hope that doesn’t last too long DD and I want to go to get our eyebrows done.?
My Christmas Day is tomorrow do I am very excited, it also means it is just 5 days until my cruise?

MawB Fri 13-Dec-19 06:54:33

Good morning all from a pitch black corner of N Bucks, probably raining but Hattie was barely outside long enough to notice.
Made the mistake of leaving the bedroom tv on when I went to sleep, so a very disturbed night. I hope to catch a few minutes’ more shuteye before getting ready for our book group lunch today.
Then it’s tidy and prep as the DGCs are arriving tomorrow for a “sleepover” - pizza and popcorn in front of the Strictly final I think!
Whatever doom and gloom or celebrations this Friday the 13th brings you, I wish you all a pleasant day with special thoughts for all with health or family worries.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 13-Dec-19 06:57:42

Good morning Mick and all

It is still dark and damp in S E Essex.

I am off to the gym this morning, then gift wrapping. Unusually for us we are not going out for dinner this evening, we tend to become hermits on Friday nights in December, most restaurants/gastro pubs become far too busy.

My thoughts are with the gillybobs and any other Gransnetters who are poorly or who have troubles.

Have a fabulous Friday folks.

Urmstongran Fri 13-Dec-19 07:03:56

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s dark and damp. It’s nice to be home. Saw the grandchildren last night and will probably bob over again around 5pm.

Burford Brown eggs and crumpets for breakfast later. It’s a rule for our first one back.
?

Library and then probably pick up my father for an M&S mini shop each. I shall buy some mince pies - I haven’t had one yet!

Hope Friday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Pantglas2 Fri 13-Dec-19 07:05:57

Just woken up, it’s damp outside and I’m about to make my usual chamberpot of tea.

I always clean Mancgirl whenever we leave our little place in Spain or here in north Wales - couldn’t bear to go back to a dirty house!

All the best to all with health worries flowers and everyone else has good news today.

NannyJan53 Fri 13-Dec-19 07:19:46

Good Morning from a dark and damp Black Country.

Visited SIL yesterday in Hospital. He seemed ok, but definitely still not well. They have more tests to do. Thank you for the good wishes yesterday everyone.

Afterwards I went into Birmingham centre and met a Gransnetter for coffee, we had a lovely long chat. Hopefully will be more of us next time.

Today I am going for a Christmas Buffet lunch with my Monday walking group. Then off to DD's to meet youngest from school, and stay with the girls until DD arrives home from Hospital.

Thinking of all of you with health worries or feeling down. Especially gilly Dragonfly Lins I hope I haven't forgotten anyone flowers

Lins1066 Fri 13-Dec-19 07:21:11

Good Morning all. Very windy in our part of South Wales this morning.
A very wet drive to the hospital yesterday and we had difficulty parking. Thanks to those who sent me their good wishes. X-Ray's showed that I am healing slowly and have to continue wearing the back brace for another 8 weeks until my next appointment.
An unexpected visit from some old friends and colleagues in the afternoon. They brought along some homemade mince pies which was so nice of them.
Hope everyone will have a good day.

ninathenana Fri 13-Dec-19 07:30:39

Good morning from dark, blowy, wet Kent.
DH and I both have new glasses to collet this morning then a food shop to do.
Have a good day everyone.

BlueSapphire Fri 13-Dec-19 07:35:34

Good morning everyone from Northampton where it is still dark, wet and windy.

Some good news yesterday; DDil's stressful commute ends in the New Year. She handed her notice in yesterday, and starts a very similar job next month, but locally, much closer to home. She was absolutely beaming when she came to pick up DGD. I am so pleased for her.

The usual visit to M&S food and Sainsbury's this morning, then this afternoon out for a Christmas afternoon tea with ex-colleagues. We normally have an annual lunch, but the friend who usually organises it has recently lost her husband. So another colleague has kindly invited everyone to his house instead for tea, cake and mince pies. It will be good to get together and have a catch up.

So no chance to catch up on shut-eye, as I was listening to the radio all night!

Hoping the day goes well for all.

Susan56 Fri 13-Dec-19 07:41:20

Good morning from Shropshire.It is torrential rain here which is about right as I have a hair appointment this afternoon?but first a morning with DGD and school drop off after lunch.
Glad the appointment was positive Lins and it’s always good to see old friends.Sending love and good wishes?
Hope everyone has a good day and love to all those with any worries.
Hope things are better on the ward for your DH gilly.x

QuaintIrene Fri 13-Dec-19 07:42:05

Good morning everyone.
Wet and windy in West Yorkshire. A bit of snow would make a change.
Taken neighbours dog to my house for a cuddle in the warm. I do love him. He is a shar pei. All plump and soft with such a gentle nature.
I haven’t been to bed yet and I’m not sleepy. Going to try and stay busy and finish my Christmas shopping. 5 pairs of pyjamas and some selection boxes to go and I am more or less done.
My kindly gifted bottle of home made wine was delicious. Made from peapods!
Have the best day and stay safe.

NanKate Fri 13-Dec-19 07:43:46

Morning Mick and All.

Cloudy and cold in South Bucks.

Off to the dentist to have the stitches taken out of my mouth, I know too much info, phew that will be a relief.

Hope for improving news from the Gillybobs.

Resurgam123 Fri 13-Dec-19 08:05:15

Cheshire Ilooks wet and cold and very miserable, and I do need to get out to look at some xmas present. But I hate these very dark mornings.
Have a good day.
I think I need my cup of tea. ASAP.

dragonfly46 Fri 13-Dec-19 08:10:36

Good morning, feeling damp here in Leicestershire.

Posh coffee morning today in town.

Pleased to hear your back is healing lins.

Hope they get to the bottom of your SiL’s ailment today, must be such a worry.

Love to Gilly as always.

dragonfly46 Fri 13-Dec-19 08:11:21

I meant to say NannyJan of course.

Mapleleaf Fri 13-Dec-19 08:15:15

Good morning all,
Just getting light here in South Yorkshire, not sure of the forecast for today, but suspect it will rain again.
Going into town to get some essentials and post the last (?) of the Christmas cards.
I haven't read through all the threads yet, as I'm in a hurry, but send good wishes to you all, and hope for good news from gilly and hope anyone unwell feels better today.

Nannytopsy Fri 13-Dec-19 08:18:58

Morning all! Grey here in Suffolk but not raining. It was very wet when we came home last night. The builders are already here - they obviously didn’t stay up watching the results! I need coffee!

NfkDumpling Fri 13-Dec-19 08:19:42

Morning All

After a lot of overnight rain it seems to be clearing this morning.

The plumber failed to completely clear our blocked kitchen sink yesterday but it is running fairly well and the hardware store has sold us some rather nasty stuff which DH has to wear protective gear to use. If we get desperate again.

DH has a hospital check up this afternoon and I’m hoping to get to do a National Trust shift. But I may have to cancel if DHL fail to deliver DS’s Christmas present this morning. Apparently we weren’t here when they tried to deliver yesterday. Despite the front door being open, plumber in and out, and window cleaner up and down his ladder!

Greyduster Fri 13-Dec-19 08:19:47

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is dry but very cold in South Yorkshire. I went to bed early with a nagging pain in my side which is still hanging about, but not as bad, so a gentle day for me. I will bake, finish off the cards and then we are going out to eat this evening.
QuaintIrene we made pea pod wine once and it was lovely but we couldn’t persuade anyone else to try it. I think the name put them off!!
Kind thoughts to all who are struggling. Have a good day folks.