Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Sunday on Micheal’s behalf

(77 Posts)
annsixty Sun 15-Dec-19 06:48:58

Micheal seems to be having trouble starting this morning’s thread so I thought I would try.

annsixty Sun 15-Dec-19 06:51:19

It seems that just Good morning is no longer enough, after many years this seem odd to say the least.
It is cold and windy and very dark in Stockport, I am staying in bed for a bit longer.

QuaintIrene Sun 15-Dec-19 07:00:29

If I didn’t sign in with Michael nobody would know I was alive. I feel weird and terrible fluey thing.

12Michael Sun 15-Dec-19 07:09:50

Good Morning Everyone,
The page was playing up, asking for 20 characters or more unusual request.
Anyway, its dark and wet here in Brackley this morning , and yesterdays bus trip out was a good one as well taking in Buckingham, Bicester , Oxford and Banbury .
Today a quieter day for me smalls hop ,and maybe an easy day.
Mick

Marydoll Sun 15-Dec-19 07:15:22

Good morning Anne and Quaintirene from a very wet Glasgow.
Ann, that's worrying about Mick8, but thank you for starting the thread.

Oh dear we don't seem to be doing too well, for I too have been unwell. I'm having an RA flare up, but more worrying, my angina is pretty uncomfortable at the moment. In fact it's been a bit scary at times, so for once I've slowed down.
If you believe that you will believe anything?,

I hope you both will be feeling better soon. Hoping for news of the Gillybobs and all my virtual friends who are struggling today. flowers

Marydoll Sun 15-Dec-19 07:16:24

Oh, so glad to see you, Mick?

DoraMarr Sun 15-Dec-19 07:20:48

Good morning from a still dark and rather damp Birmingham. I’m sorry to hear you are unwell, Mary and Quaintirene, and hope you feel better soon. I’ve had a busy couple of days, so am going to do some housework and a bit of admin today ( which really means filing.) I will go to my partner’s later to catch up on Gira/ Haji, which I’m enjoying.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 15-Dec-19 07:27:35

Good morning from east London, sky looks clear outside and there’s no rain - yet. We got soaked last night walking back after the talk we went to. I’ve eventually got round to buying some bits for Xmas - the joys of an iPad - and am soaking the fruit for my first ‘Delia’. Choir is singing at event in a local park this afternoon - I’m told we have a canopy - and after I pick up GD we will go to the light event over the road, where wellies are the order of the day. Hope you have a good one.

grannysyb Sun 15-Dec-19 07:39:35

Good morning from a dark Teddington, but not raining now. Must get moving soon as I am doing the mulled wine at our allotment's Christmas cafe. Later on Imust finish the cards and order a couple of presents. Hope everyone has a good day.

mumofmadboys Sun 15-Dec-19 07:45:44

Good morning all! Woken up to snow in Cumbria! Hope Quaintirene and Mary feel better soon.

Grammaretto Sun 15-Dec-19 07:58:35

Good morning from the north where it's just getting light so must be late. Luckily no snow here.
More fun and games with the DGC today. I hope they slept well after the late bedtime. We were on babysitting duty.
Sorry to hear you are poorly Marydoll and Quaintirene . Take it easy!

Beechnut Sun 15-Dec-19 08:00:43

Good Morning everyone from a damp Severnside. It’s been like this for days now.

I received a card yesterday, then dreamt about the people it was from, which left me waking feeling anxious and disturbed as usual. It’s nothing to other people’s worries so have to tell myself ‘it’s only a b****y card’.

I should make a start on looking at my purchases and seeing if I need anything else.

I hope you all have a pleasant day without too many worries ?

Brunette10 Sun 15-Dec-19 08:02:05

Good Morning from a cold and damp Fife. Feeling awful today got the dreaded lurgy sad. We are also going out for Christmas lunch with my Uncle from the West of Scotland so I don't want to disappoint him so will keep my pecker up and get on with it. Panto yesterday with DD and DGS1 was good, little one enjoyed it. Thinking of all with ailments and worries today. Keep your chin up.

Alygran Sun 15-Dec-19 08:08:12

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It looks cold out. There is ice on the conservatory roof.
Not a good start to the day. I can’t get the lid off the marmalade. So completely frustrating! It won’t even come off with the gadget thing.
Off to Church where we have a food bank collection day. Driving over the Woodhead Pass to the DDs later. It looks like a snowy sort of journey.
Sorry to hear Mary and quaintirene are poorly. The sick list gets longer every day. Good wishes to you all with struggles and challenges.
Hope the day is kind to everyone.

Resurgam123 Sun 15-Dec-19 08:11:14

Yes, I am another one who worries a bit if Mick does not appear.
It looks very wet in Cheshire and there are some dark skies.

NfkDumpling Sun 15-Dec-19 08:13:44

Morning All

Bright and very breezy here in the north of Norfolk. The wind has gone round to the south so it’s a balmy 4C according to my outside thermometer.

I’m off to do a stint at our local stately pile this afternoon. The house and gardens are all decorated and lit up and lovely. I want to get there a bit early to visit the shop and craft stalls too.

It’s Sunday Marydoll when people sit and read the Sunday papers. Why not give it a go!!

Take care all of you who’re suffering with the dreaded lurgy, and supporting vibes as always to Gilly and Dragonfly.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 15-Dec-19 08:13:48

Morning all from a dry, cold South Notts. Thanks for opening up, it's annoying when technology plays up isn't it? In a few short years we've come to rely on such things.

I'm early today as I had to check a post code online for a friend who's sent me a Christmas card and I've mislaid her details - no address inside.

Should be off for a drive and the weekly shop in a couple of hours. Am feeling a bit better than in the last couple of days. Friday was the ninth anniversary of my husband's death and it always makes me feel sad.

Sending positive vibes to all those who are ill or have worries,

NanKate Sun 15-Dec-19 08:13:53

Morning Ann and All.

Glad you managed to sort out posting on this page Michael.

Grey and cold in South Bucks.

We are going for a carvery lunch today as I have downed tools in the kitchen this afternoon.

Sorry for those of you who are not well. Hope you can all take it easy today. ?

The Gospel Concert was great yesterday afternoon and well attended

NannyJan53 Sun 15-Dec-19 08:16:19

Good Morning from a fairly bright Black Country.

Visited SIL in Hospital yesterday. We went on the train which makes for less hassle, driving, paying to park etc. It is free for us on the train in the West Midlands. Anyway, he seems a lot brighter, although they still do not know what caused this bleed on the brain!

Partner is off on a cycle ride this morning with the club he recently joined. I will make the most of the peace and quiet to make a start on the ironing and make some mincepies We brought the Christmas Decorations down from the loft yesterday, so that will be a job for the afternoon.

mumofmadboys please keep your snow up there smile

Sorry you are feeling poorly Mary and Irene I hope you both feel much better soon.

As ever thoughts are with gilly and hope her DH can be home with her soon.

Urmstongran Sun 15-Dec-19 08:19:17

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where the sun is just coming up from behind the Pennines and I can see the lights of a plane coming into land at the airport.

I’ve done nothing yet for Christmas.
?

Will buy some cards to write/buy/post tomorrow and we will put the Ikea twig tree up and some coloured lights along the verandah rail - then it’ll seem more like I’m expecting it!

Roast pork and all the trimmings today for us and picking up my second dad to come and eat with us. He’s been eating alone for the last six weeks, bless.

He likes a pint in the bar below us first so I shall have to keep him company with a large white.
?

Thinking of all of you with illness or anxieties to contend with today and hoping Sunday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

dragonfly46 Sun 15-Dec-19 08:20:54

Good morning from a dry and bright but blustery Leicestershire.

Finishing the presents today. Going into my two weeks of wellness so will make the most of it.

Sorry to hear you are unwell Mary I hope you can take it easy.
I hope QuaintIrene and Brunette feel better soon.

Love as always to Gilly you are both often in my thoughts.

Yiayia4 Sun 15-Dec-19 08:21:03

Morning all clear and cold in Surrey.

Grandog is stable so we are keeping our fingers and toes crossed he will be coming home tomorrow.
Doing family dinner later beef stroganoff,a change from roast.

Lots of poorly people on here today, hope you all feel better very soon.Have a good Sunday.

aggie Sun 15-Dec-19 08:24:10

Good Morning all, cold and still out , which probably means frost.
We take the Baby figure from the crib to Mass this morning . It gets blessed, then put away till Christmas Eve .
Laudate Sunday today

Curlywhirly Sun 15-Dec-19 08:29:22

Good morning all. Oh, QuaintIrene, sounds like you need to get back to bed with a couple of paracetamols.

Am relaxing in bed with DGD, DH has been banished to spare bedroom as DGD doesn't like to sleep on her own when she stays over. Aren't children creatures of habit? Every time she stays we have to do the same thing - we have a 'cinema night'. We make up a little snack tray (cheese and crackers, cucumber, pringles and grapes and it has to be the same things every time), switch all the lights off, and watch a film. We neve get to see the end of a film, as she gets bored after a while, but it's a chance for a little peace and quiet!

Hope Mr Gillybob is getting better and best wishes to all feeling under the weather or having problms. Take care.

cornergran Sun 15-Dec-19 08:32:06

Morning All. You won’t be surprised to hear our corner of Somerset is decidedly wet. A bit of gift wrapping to do today and a trip to the sorting office for a parcel. No idea what it is, addressed to Mr C who can’t wait until tomorrow to find out. Slowing downs isn’t that bad marydoll, please give it a try. Hope you feel much better soon quaintirene, in the meantime lots of fluids and rest. Thinking of *gilly and sending love. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone especially those coping with health issues or sadness.