Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday ☕

(36 Posts)
Gymstagran Mon 16-Dec-19 06:31:37

Starting for Michael as he is having problems again

Scentia Mon 16-Dec-19 06:36:46

Good Morning all.
Normal work day for me today, off to town at lunch to get the last bits for our holiday on Thursday.
I am so looking forward to some Caribbean sunshine ☀️
Finding food stuck to all sorts after my family’s visit over the weekend! Whoever invented ‘baby led weaning’ should have stipulated “to be carried out in your own house only”????

vena11 Mon 16-Dec-19 06:48:36

Good Morning from a dry still dark Bristol.
Up early for my last school run this year. I told DH to stay in bed he had a temperature yesterday, I think he has a touch of flu poor thing, I hope he keeps it to himself as I have a busy week ahead I don't have time to be ill.
Scentia have a lovely time.
I hope everyone has a good day.

kittylester Mon 16-Dec-19 06:53:07

Morning all from Hemel Hempstead where it seems to be cold and dry.

Up early to go to DGD2"s school for the grandparents performance of her christmas show.

The, killing 2 birds with one stone, we are going to the Ercol Factory shop.

Sending good wishes to all who need it.

gilly we are with you.

BlueSapphire Mon 16-Dec-19 06:57:47

How lovely Scentia, the Caribbean for Christmas - send us some sunshine ? back!
Yoga this morning, coffee and chat afterwards, then I shall probably venture out to Sainsbury's after lunch for for a few Christmas items - it may be slightly less manic than it was on Saturday morning.
Shall have to ask DS if he can spare 5 minutes to change the landing light bulb for me; I feel a bit wary of getting the step ladder out on top of the stairs. If only I were 6 inches taller then I could manage it easily. Think DS has a day off tomorrow.
Hope all have a good day.

Grammaretto Mon 16-Dec-19 07:02:50

Good morning Gymstagran, Mick, Vena11 and all who follow.
Scentia that sounds very exciting . Enjoy.

I have to do all the things I didn't get done before my weekend away. Sigh!

I hope Gillybob's nightmare is coming to an end and she gets to take DH home very soon.

It's still pitch black outside here in the Scottish Borders.

NanKate Mon 16-Dec-19 07:06:06

Morning Gym and All.

Dark and cold as usual in South Bucks.

Last Keep Fit of the year today (thank heavens) then we have our annual Christmas Lunch and I am in charge of the quiz as usual.

Enjoy the Christmas show Kitty and I wonder if you will need to hire a van to take your purchase home from Ercol ?

12Michael Mon 16-Dec-19 07:11:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet here in Brackley this morning , my day will hopefully be a visit
into Banbury to buy inkjet ink plus a DVD.
I have sent an email to gransnet saying why it keeps asking me to do 20 characters or more.
Mick

DoraMarr Mon 16-Dec-19 07:24:09

Good morning from Birmingham, where it is still dark and wet. I will shop for a few last- minute gifts today, then do my homework for Italian tomorrow. I’m going on a bit of a pub crawl this evening in Stirchley, where craft breweries and restaurants are springing up weekly.

Marydoll Mon 16-Dec-19 07:35:50

Good morning all from Glasgow, in the space of eight hours, we have had a hard frost, heavy rain and now snow showers. This weather is crazy.

I've had a poor night's sleep, (DH has coughed all night), my throat is sore and I have the dental torturer hygienist today. Oh joy!!!

Hoping for better news from Gilly and that she manages to get someone to LISTEN to her concerns about the inhumane treatment her husband is receiving. ?

travelsafar Mon 16-Dec-19 07:40:30

Marydoll i too have a dental appointment but just for the 6 monthly check up hope your trip not too uncomfortable.

Then i shall meet one of my friends for coffee and we will exchange christmas gifts and catch up on news.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.

Lins1066 Mon 16-Dec-19 07:44:25

Good Morning all from South Wales. Crazy weather here too, thunder and lightening yesterday evening. More settled this morning.
Hope all have a good day and best wishes to those feeling poorly. Love to gilly.

Brunette10 Mon 16-Dec-19 07:46:12

Good Morning from a very cold Fife. Still feeling under the weather and that's putting it politely smile.Managed to go for lunch yesterday with my Uncle but did nothing when I returned home apart from rest. Hope gilly get things sorted out at the hospital. Thinking of all who are under the weather and with worries - take care.

Urmstongran Mon 16-Dec-19 07:46:26

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s still dark. Sunrise isn’t until 8:20am. At least we all have the winter solstice to look forward to this weekend.
?

Another one for the dental hygienist here Marydoll!

Then stop off on way home to buy cards, write them, get them posted. Put up our twig Ikea tree and some lights on the verandah - a dry day is forecast so no excuse from himself (Grinch haha!). Left to his own devices he wouldn’t bother!

Morning commuters are arriving at the train station across the road, in thick jackets and coats.

We have no plans to see anyone today but I must make a couple of phone calls to friends or I won’t have any soon.

Hope Monday is good to us all whether we have plans or (like me) none. x

NannyJan53 Mon 16-Dec-19 07:52:06

Good morning from a cold and damp Black Country.

Just back from taking Partner to train station, then fill up with Petrol.

Making a Lasagne for DD today as she is spending another day at the Hospital with SIL. I shall go over and meet DGD4 from school and stay with them until she is home.

Enjoy your holiday in the sunshine Scentia

Enjoy your DGD's Christmas show kitty I went to mine last week. It is always lovely to see the little ones sing. Mine sings with such gusto smile

Thoughts with gilly I am shocked reading how her DH is being treated. I hope she can have him back home soon.

dragonfly46 Mon 16-Dec-19 07:53:42

Good morning from a peaceful Leicestershire.

Finishing offs today - I always seem to leave jobs half done!

Thoughts are with Gilly as always. I am really hoping for a new team on her DH’s ward.

ninathenana Mon 16-Dec-19 08:00:03

Good morning from wet Kent.

Cards to post this morning and I must make a start on wrapping.
My friends daughter had her gall bladder removed last Monday and was rushed back into surgery yesterday. We're all a bit worried.

kitty enjoy the show. Sentia have a fabulous holiday.

Susan56 Mon 16-Dec-19 08:00:59

Good morning from Shropshire.
Hoping for a quiet day today.
Sending good wishes to all with health or family worries and hope that care improves for gilly’s husband.x

Beechnut Mon 16-Dec-19 08:02:34

Good Morning everyone and all who follow from a lightish and damp Severnside.

I do hope that some better care comes for Mr gilly and that gilly can have him home as soon as possible.

I went to a local Christmas Fair yesterday and picked up a few gifts and a treat for myself. I like to go every year as the food and drink are made locally.

Today I have a few things to finish off so will get on with that. My lovely brother will come by this evening on his way home from work.

If you are feeling poorly look after yourself and all have a good day ?

cornergran Mon 16-Dec-19 08:12:01

Morning All. It looks dry and fairly clear in our corner of Somerset. Need to do the things I didn’t get to yesterday. Serious lack of energy and enthusiasm here. Love to gilly and a hope that someone with authority listens to her today. Good wishes to poorly and worried people and a hope that Monday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Mon 16-Dec-19 08:14:14

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. There was a light frost in South Yorkshire this morning but it is going to be dry so I may get some last minute bits of laundry out. We are away next week and I need to pack for that. School run this afternoon. Enjoy your Christmas show, Kitty - I do miss all that!
Love to Gilly and all who worry.

oldgaijin Mon 16-Dec-19 08:22:07

Good morning from Aberdeenshire, where there was heavy frost last night but now there is rain on top to make the roads lethal.

Doc's appointment this morning to see why my diverticulitis is being so slow to improve...it is incredibly painful and anti spasmodics with pain killers don't do much.

The family in Singapore are now in Bali for their Xmas holidays and I doubt they'll be tucking in to turkey and plum duff in that climate!

Have a good day and stay safe.

EllanVannin Mon 16-Dec-19 08:29:07

Good Morning All x
So dark that the moon was still shining through the back kitchen window at 08.00am ! Cold and dry up to now.

Well my plans for yesterday went awry when I had a knock on the door at lunchtime. 3 little faces. Two of my GGC and their little friend-----looking like orphans. Cold and hungry. In they came and I made them a cup of tea, shoved a tray of chips in the oven along with a pizza.

They'd walked a couple of miles to the seaside town here and decided to call in. It was good to see them with their rosy cheeks and runny nose's and I was so impressed at the manners of their little friend-------until he'd said " old people make the best cup of tea ", hahahaha. He was very well mannered but visibly poor, which upsets me sad

Anyway a couple of hours later I rang for a taxi to take them home as I couldn't see them walking the 2 miles back. I then had my own dinner about 5pm, so didn't get done what I'd originally intended---but I don't think it matters !

All those with illnesses and worries/problems just take things easy and I hope they sort themselves out.

Hoping too that the Gillybobs can also reach a decision this week with hospital staff to get DH settled at home. xx

Pantglas2 Mon 16-Dec-19 08:38:58

Morning all from a clear and cold north Wales- I seem to have upset my sleep hygiene with staying up all night for the election results and have struggled with posting on each morning since! That’ll learn me!

That trip to the Caribbean sounds marvellous Scentia! Lots of people I know seem to be trotting off to foreign climes for Xmas this year - how lovely!

Hope poor Gillybob has some joy at the hospital today - she certainly needs some! Regards to all with worries x

Urmstongran Mon 16-Dec-19 08:52:22

I loved your post this morning EV
❤️