Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(49 Posts)
12Michael Tue 17-Dec-19 06:10:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a wet start here in Brackley this morning.
Doing my usual bus tip out with one present to buy for xmas.
Usual coffee stops in Bicester and Buckingham, then hang around for the bus home.
Mick

Beechnut Tue 17-Dec-19 06:14:27

Good Morning Mick and all who follow.

I’m up earlier than usual and have already had breakfast. I’ve got some work to do and I want it finished and out of the way ready for Christmas.

If I have time my other plans are to colour my hair and watch Yesterday DVD.

Have a pleasant day whatever you do ?

ninathenana Tue 17-Dec-19 06:50:25

Good morning Mick, Beechnut and all who follow.
Wet again in Kent. Food shop and then tonight we are going to see DS in perform as Ghost of Christmas past A Christmas Carol. A big achievement for him.
Have a good day all.

Grammaretto Tue 17-Dec-19 06:57:58

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. The sky was amazing last night, a huge moon with the plough and Orion's belt having to compete with pulsating santas in the street.
It's cloudy now and we won't have much light today.
Hope you all have a good day.

NanKate Tue 17-Dec-19 07:01:07

Morning Mick and All.

The rain is coming here in South Bucks and will be set in for the day.

Off delivering some gifts to people who have treated us well this year eg the pharmacist, optician and 2 lovely tellers in Barclays.

Enjoy your DS’s performance Nina. Our 6 year old DGS did well as the Innkeeper at the Nativity, considering 2 years ago he wouldn’t join in at all and sat on his mum’s lap throughout. It is great to see their confidence growing.

Hoping that the Gillybobs can get home soon. ?

Greyduster Tue 17-Dec-19 07:05:02

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A hard frost in South Yorkshire this morning. I have an early medical appointment so some scraping of windscreens will no doubt be required! School run this afternoon and on the way we will call in on my nephew with a present for his grandson. That will conclude my run of outgoing cards and presents for this year.
Have a good day, folks.

kittylester Tue 17-Dec-19 07:08:00

Morning all from a chilly but dry North Leicestershire.

Last Alzheimer's Society course before Christmas this morning and a bit of shopping this afternoon.

I feel like a piece of chewed string this morning after all the excitement yesterday. DGD2 was brilliant in her school pantomime - well, I would think that, wouldn't I!!

The trip to the Ercol showroom threw up more questions than answers and both dh and I had a disturbed night.

Enjoy you Dgs's performance tonight, nina. That is an achievement!

Sending love to everyone who needs it and hoping gilly is happier today.

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 17-Dec-19 07:18:52

Good morning from east London, dark and wet again. Catching up with some last minute ordering for Xmas again but at least I’ve baked a cake now. Sad news on Sunday, DP’s brother died suddenly so we have to work our way through that; he was a single bloke so DP and SiL are NoK. At times like this, you realise how kind people are; I went to Southend yesterday to check his cat was ok - BiL was devoted to his animals - the neighbours have offered to feed her and I visited the dog who’s being looked after by friends. It’s fair to say she was probably more interested in the food I took over for her than me. Anyway, last day of builders today, last coat of varnish going on the loft staircase, hello carpet fitters tomorrow. Hope you have the best day you can.

NannyJan53 Tue 17-Dec-19 07:27:39

Good Morning from a very frosty Black Country.

Visiting SIL in Hospital with Mum today, still no news what is wrong and what they can do about it. They have more tests to do.

Tonight DP and I are off for a Christmas meal with friends, not really in the mood but hey ho.

So sorry to hear about your DP's Brother Mythbirtthedragon such a shock. Thoughts with you all flowers

Wishing everyone a good day, and special thoughts for Gilly Dragonfly and anyone else who are facing challenging times

Ginny42 Tue 17-Dec-19 07:32:02

Good morning Mick and all from a very frosty Cheshire today. It's 0C out there and I realised I've left some miniature poinsettias in the car overnight.

I'm rather envious of folks who can go to see AC and GC perform in Christmas plays and pantos, but they're coming to the UK on Thursday. Hurray! Train mad GS's train all wrapped and hidden in a wardrobe. Not easy as it's a big box. Trip on the Flying Scotsman on Saturday as part of his present.

Meeting my oldest friend for lunch today.

Wishing all a pleasant day and special thoughts to Gilly who is desperate to take Mr G home. I know you feel the need to care for him and nurse him back to health now. You are an amazing woman and loving wife; never feel you have to apologise for that. Take care all.

Marydoll Tue 17-Dec-19 07:44:53

Good morning all from a wet and cold Glasgow. (What else would it be? tchgrin )
I had to eventually go and sleep in the spare room, as DH's cough was driving me mad. Too late, now I have a hacking cough.sad

I am double booked this morning. I have an early hair appointment, (I need to look good for Santa at the GN Christmas ball) but DIL, (without checking) just assumed we would be free to go to DGD's nursery concert, where she has the only speaking role. {I admit to boasting) I'm trying to work out how to bi-locate.
The nursery is round the corner from my hairdresser, so I'm going in early and going to beg them to try and do it sooner. ?

Every year, I used to diplomatically fend off angry parents, whose child had not been given the main role of Mary in the school Nativity play. Unfortunately, I think I may be turning into that parent. In my head I have already cast her as Mary, when she starts school next year!!! ?

We will have DGD after nursery, so I will get her to help post the neighbours' Christmas cards. DD will be annoyed, as she has carried out this task for the last 30 years and still gets 50p for doing it. She demanded a pay rise last year to £1. tchwink

My recently bereaved sister in law is off to London to stay with her son for Christmas. As she hasn't flown for over forty years, her son has sent me her flight itinery and boarding card to print out and I will talk her through the airport procedures today.
She is a nervous wreck and I will be worrying right until her son meets her at London City airport.
I haven't told her how different that landing approach is from the other London airports, but I love coming into London City! smile

It's great to hear of everyone's plans, enjoy your day whatever you are doing.
I can smell my newly baked bread calling me, (NanKate, am I teasing you!) so you will be pleased to see my latest novelette coming to a close! wink

Love to all those who are suffering pain a nd ill health on a daily basis and of course thinking of the Gillybobs. flowers

BlueSapphire Tue 17-Dec-19 07:48:50

Hello and good morning from a very wet Northampton. Looks set in for the day, so will not venture out for my health walk this afternoon. A day for wrapping presents, I think. And shall at last get round to putting the Christmas cards up.

Thought Sainsbury's would be quiet yesterday afternoon, but it was very busy, but not as bad as Saturday. Spent my Nectar rewards on stocking up the drinks cabinet! And also bought the Christmas ham which DS has requested. Shall cook that next Monday.

A text from DDIL last night saying she had a spare ticket for DGD's Christmas concert on Friday, which I happily accepted.

So sorry to hear your sad news Mythbirt, not a good time at all, just before Christmas.

Wishing all well today.

Brunette10 Tue 17-Dec-19 07:51:05

Good Morning to all from a damp and dark Fife, no idea what the weather is. However it doesn't matter I am still feeling rotten, sore throat, cold and sore head. I was supposed to be at the Beauty Parlour today getting my eyebrows done but have just left messaged to say I can't managed. I am also supposed to be having Christmas lunch tomorrow with my dear friend but won't manage that now either. Doom and gloom sad. I will hopefully begin to feel better soon and be able to enjoy the fast run up to Christmas Day. Marydoll another busy day for you then, hope you get your day sorted. Mythbirtthedragon what a shock for everyone flowers. Hope today is good to everyone, take care.

Marydoll Tue 17-Dec-19 07:54:10

Mythbirtthedragon, what sad news for you. flowers

Resurgam123 Tue 17-Dec-19 07:54:27

There is a slight frost here in Cheshire.
Not much else to do at this time of morning. Dark skies. Please give us some sunshine cold or not.

travelsafar Tue 17-Dec-19 07:58:02

Its cold dark and damp here in Letchworth this morning. I am off to purchase an item from our local marketplace site on facebook. Then will go to my Qigong class for some festive fu. After that off to pick up my daughter's present from Argos which i reserved yesterday. Finally going to attempt to get to our local Aldi and Lidl stores to have a mooch and see what is on offer for Xmas. I need to pick up a few bits for a teaparty i am hosting for some of the local elderly folk and want to find something they may not have tried before. Busy morning so i had better get of GN and get organised!!! Have a great day everyone and to those of you unwell or having issues of any kind, here's hoping you will all feel better soon. smile

Yiayia4 Tue 17-Dec-19 08:02:33

Morning all wet and dull here.

Spent most of yesterday in bed with stomach virus,just what I need! Feeling a bit better this morning so must try and catch up with things at home.

Sorry to hear your sad newsMybirtthedragon and thinking of Gilly. Have a good Tuesday everyone.

Summerfly Tue 17-Dec-19 08:06:00

Good morning from Cumbria. It’s just getting light here and it looks dry for now! Been awake for ages due to a stuffy nose and headache. Hope I can shake it off soon. So much to do. We moved here a year ago and the house needed completely renovating. It’s still ongoing and I’m now beginning to wonder why on earth we’ve done it!
Hope you all have a good day and sending love and hugs to all with health issues or those feeling lost or lonely. xxx

harrigran Tue 17-Dec-19 08:12:00

Good morning from the NE where it is very frosty.
Burglar alarm and CCTV maintenance man coming this morning and a medical supplies delivery so today is a stay at home day.
DH has got the washer going and about to start on the first lot of ironing.
It is the monthly meeting of the Antiquarians tonight, talks are always interesting.
Relative in hospital abroad is in ICU after procedure yesterday, phonecalls will be made today and see where we go from here.

Urmstongran Tue 17-Dec-19 08:12:08

Good morning everyone from a dry mild South Manchester. The 8:05am train into Liverpool Lime Street has just pulled into the station across the road and as the carriages are lit up I can see its a busy commute this morning.

I’m off out to the cinema for a 10am showing of ‘The Good Liar’ starring Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen. A friend is picking me up and we are meeting another friend there. She is a GP and has a practice session this afternoon, hence our early showing. It feels weird going SO early ha!

I will write the Christmas cards this afternoon. Norty me couldn’t be bothered yesterday - no excuse, just laziness!

Better not linger on here. Need to breakfast and shower.

Thinking of gillybob and Starblaze this morning. I will check the thread she opened at 11pm last night to see if she’s posted.

Hope Tuesday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

vena11 Tue 17-Dec-19 08:18:52

Good Morning from a dull damp Bristol.
Not much on today DH still not feeling well so need to be kind to him, he slept in the spare room last night because he said he would disturb me, so kind of him but I hate it, so used to him being there and I never slept.
Sorry about your sad news Myth such a shock for you.
I hope gillybob is ok and all who are feeling under the weather , try and enjoy the day .

Pantglas2 Tue 17-Dec-19 08:19:06

Morning all from lovely but cold and dry north Wales. So many of you seem under the weather and such a busy time to get it all, doesn’t seem fair does it?

How lovely for those with nativity performances to see - I miss those days, they really made Christmas for me. I’d get a front row seat and be mouthing the words along with whichever grandchild was performing! Total embarrassment to them I’m sure!

Last mince pie bake off today and these are giveaways so that’ll be the last presents done and dusted.

Have a good day everyone x

Susan56 Tue 17-Dec-19 08:26:40

Good morning from Shropshire where it is a very frosty start.
We are taking my mum to the retired pilots lunch this afternoon.It is going to be a long day with a lot of driving but my mum enjoys seeing my dads old colleagues and talking about the old days.
Like you Marydoll,our DD told us on Saturday that we have tickets to see DGD in her pre school play today.Unfortunately we are 70 miles away so can’t attend,am so upset we can’t go.Our children I am sure think we just sit here waiting to see if they need us?
Sending good wishes to all with family or health worries.
I hope things have improved on the ward gilly and that your husband will soon be home with you.
Lins?

Susan56 Tue 17-Dec-19 08:27:15

Myth,so sorry for your sad news.?

oldgaijin Tue 17-Dec-19 08:31:00

Good morning from the frozen North, aka Aberdeenshire.

Yesterday's GP appointment resulted in having to take two sets of antibiotics, one before meals and one after. They are the size of a breeze block so maybe I'm supposed to shove them you know where?

My lovely cleaning friend comes today so I shall have clean, fresh sheets on the bed tonight.

Am going to make a load of red cabbage and apple etc. for the freezer and, just to be festive, will throw in a few cranberries.

Thinking of all those under the weather, have a good day.