Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(76 Posts)
12Michael Wed 18-Dec-19 06:09:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry with mist here in Brackley this morning.
Somewhat of a busy long day for me , small shop , hopefully nip into Banbury , back for lunch, have a kip, and then get ready to see Motown the Musical at Oxford for the 6th and final time , The UK tour finishes at Oxford in early January.
That is on an organised coach trip.
Mick

Scentia Wed 18-Dec-19 06:22:28

Good Morning all, from a dark and foggy Staffordshire.

Only two more days at work then I break up for two weeks?

Off for my usual Wednesday evening visit to my DD where she will make me tea (after we have weighed in!) and I get to bath my DGS and put him to bed. I love my bedtime routine with him on a Wednesday❤️

Hopefully when I get home my DH has managed to pack his suitcase for our cruise. He actually sounded a bit excited last night when he got the APP on his phone.

Hope Gillybob managed to get her DH home yesterday.

Good wishes to all.

Kalu Wed 18-Dec-19 06:30:39

Good morning Mick and all to follow.

Still very dark and damp here in Glasgow.

Another rubbish sleep?. I think I might pop into our local homeopathic surgery today and ask for something to help me sleep?

Looking forward to GD2’s carol concert this morning. It starts at 9.00 but no doubt there will be the usual culprits queuing from 8.30 to make sure of a front seat?. DD1 and I will take what’s left. I have a clean hanky in my pocket?

Hope everyone has a good day and you and your DH are settling in at home gilly

NannyJan53 Wed 18-Dec-19 06:43:59

Good Morning from a dark and cold Black Country.

It is my DD's birthday today, she is 41. It doesn't seem possible. Not such a happy one as her DH is still in Hospital. So I am going over later today, meeting youngest DGD from school. Then we are going to a Carol Service that her 11 year old sister is performing in. Then we will have a meal out for DD's birthday. Hopefully SIL will be home by Friday if the current tests show all clear.

Hope gilly managed to get her DH home and he is settled.

Wishing you all a good day

ninathenana Wed 18-Dec-19 06:53:25

Good morning from Kent a clear starry sky this morning.
No plans today just a bit of housework.
Have a good day everyone. Thoughts are with all those with troubles and ills.

BlueSapphire Wed 18-Dec-19 07:10:53

Good morning all from a very foggy Northampton. If it clears up later I may make it to my health walk after lunch.

Managed to get the presents wrapped yesterday; have had to put them in the garage though, as if the cats found them I would have to wrap them all over again! Also managed to get the cards up.

Change the bed this morning, do a load of washing. Hopefully health walk; if I don't make that I shall toddle round the corner and hand deliver a card. Then tonight an early meal and round to neighbours for pre-Christmas drinks.

Hope you enjoy your show again, Mick. Hope today goes well for all.

mancgirl Wed 18-Dec-19 07:14:31

Good morning all from a dark and a little bit frosty morning in my part of Manchester. Gym this morning, lunch with girls from said gym - gym, Christmas lunch?smile. Taking gs1 to first of two Christmas parties later. Still not finished wrapping but made a start. Hope Gilly and Mr Gilly are settling in at home. I'm sure he will recover much sooner in his own warm, comfortable surroundings. Have a good day, hugs to all that need them.

Marydoll Wed 18-Dec-19 07:15:01

Good morning Mick and all. As Kalu says it's damp and dark in Glasgow.

I have been coughing since 5am and now I hear DH joining in the chorus! He doesn't do illness very well.?
I had to decant to the spare room, as I couldn't stop coughing and I was keeping DH awake.

I'm off out early for a hospital appointment. This is at the hospital, where I spend the trip directing DH away from the bus lanes. After all these years going there, he is still unsure.
On the way home, a trip to the pharmacy in the next town, to pick up the mountain of medication, which I ordered last week and couldn't face the stressful journey to collect them.
Does anyone else find that the roads have become extremely busy and drivers quite aggressive? ?

I managed to see my wee granddaughter in her nursery concert yesterday, just by the skin of my teeth. The girls in the hairdresser interrupted their morning make up routine, to take me earlier, which was very kind of them.
Off course, my granddaughter was amazing!!!

We took her home after it, to save us going back again to pick her up. It was a very lllllonnnnnggggg day! We were exhausted keeping her busy, delivering neighbours' Christmas cards, painting, playing hide and seek, etc, etc, etc!!?
Then she wanted to stay overnight, no chance!!

Send healing vibes to all who are unwell and hoping to hear from Gillybob that she has her DH home.?

Enjoy your day, whatever your plans.

kittylester Wed 18-Dec-19 07:23:10

Morning all from a cold North Leicestershire.

As lots of other people are intending, I am going to wrap presents today. I'm also going to try making gf sausage rolls. Wish me luck.

Hoping gilly got her husband home today. And, also hoping that nannyjan's, sil gets home soon.

How did your son do, nina?

GrannyGravy13 Wed 18-Dec-19 07:33:21

Goodmorning Mick and all x

It is just beginning to brighten here in SE Essex, the trees in my garden are not moving.

I was woken up at 7am by our little GS creeping into my side of the bed, he has put his order in for a bacon sandwich for breakfast. Then Mr.Gravy will take him to school, I shall pick him up then it's off to see Santa for hot chocolate and Christmas biscuits at our local tea shop.

It is going to be a long day as we have to pick up our GD from Stanstead Airport at midnight, she will be with us until Friday afternoon when we take her to Heathrow for her flight to Kenya to our AS and DIL (her parents).

Will pop back to see if Mr.gillybob has made it home.

Keep safe and warm.

marydoll I think all drivers have "pre Christmas stress at the moment" ??

Beechnut Wed 18-Dec-19 07:35:48

Good Morning everyone from a getting light Severnside.

Off to the next town for a bank visit a browse and food shopping.

I’ve joined you with a cough so rubbed my chest with Vicks last night.

I hope you all have a good day as some of you have rough nights and that Mr gilly is home safely and will be a lot more comfortable and gilly can be happier ?

Brunette10 Wed 18-Dec-19 07:37:05

Good Morning from a frosty and very cold Fife. Still feeling awful, have cancelled all appointments this week so feeling a bit disappointed at that but it can't be helped. Have to get health back to normal. Hope gilly has managed to get DH settled at home. Marydoll another busy week for you hope today goes well. Going to have another very quiet day. Hope today is kind to all.

Kalu Wed 18-Dec-19 07:39:08

Hoping your SIL gets the all clear NannyJan ?

cornergran Wed 18-Dec-19 07:39:16

Morning Mick, morning All. Dark, calm and looks dry in our corner of Somerset. Need to deal with Christmas light failure today, nuisance but minor in the scheme of things. Bit of admin, take neighbours dog for a walk then Christmas drinks with the same neighbour. Enjoy your trip mick, good luck with the hospital visit marydoll. I hope ginny and her husband made it home together and have had a restful night. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

NfkDumpling Wed 18-Dec-19 07:39:49

Morning All

Still and grey here in the north of Norfolk.

Missed yesterday morning but I gather Mr G may make it home today! Fingers crossed.

Off to do a volunteering stint at our local stately pile this afternoon. Still haven’t managed to see all the lights yet as I was late getting there last time. The queues were back a mile for the car park. It’s getting very popular! Perhaps if I leave two hours early....!

NanKate Wed 18-Dec-19 07:45:03

Morning Mick and All.

Cold and cloudy in South Bucks, this yucky weather is becoming a habit.

Enjoy the show Mick I love Motown. In 2005 my DS wrote a book called ‘Heart and Soul’ and he was lucky enough to interview one of the Holland, Dozier and Holland producers. They were so kind and supportive to a fledging author. Nice to hear good things about pop icons.

NannyJ do hope your DD can get your SinL back home on Friday. Also hope that Gillybob can get some medical home support and that her tooth is improving. Hope your cough improves soon Mary.

Kalu have you seen the thread I resurrected about heavy blankets and insomnia?

Cut and blow dry for me today and Rummykub this afternoon, where I am providing mince pies and brandy cream. ??

Lins1066 Wed 18-Dec-19 07:45:16

Good Morning * Mick* and all from South Wales.
Managed a short walk yesterday afternoon, the weather was lovely and the sea was like a mill pond. So nice to get out.
DH is going to his cousin's funeral this morning, he was also our DD's godfather.
Hope you and your DH feel better soon Marydoll.
Hope your SiL is home soon NannyJan, also gilly's DH.
Have a good day everyone.

Kalu Wed 18-Dec-19 07:56:39

I did see that thread NanKate thank you.

I put a heavy blanket over the duvet hoping it would work. It has been some help but when I have a particularly bad night due to Peripheral Neuropathy flaring up nothing really works.

Alygran Wed 18-Dec-19 07:58:10

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s very frosty today.
Came home yesterday after quick trip to see the DDs. We went to se the Bodyguard in Manchester. Alexandra Burke was amazing.
Off to Harrogate this morning to see a friend then out to dinner this evening with other friends. These people have been so kind and supportive since DH died.
Hope Gilly’s DH is home safe, that those on the sick list are improving and those with struggles find some joy in today.
Have a good day everyone.

dragonfly46 Wed 18-Dec-19 08:01:22

Good morning from Leicestershire, as Kitty says it feels cold.

You are right about Christmas drivers Mary.
I am always very careful how I park but although I was at least 3 inches over the line on one side and right up to the pillar on the other I came back to my car to a man screaming at me that I was rude and ignorant because he had to get through the window of his Audi TT as he couldn’t open the door. I muttered sorry and Merry Christmas but of course thought of a hundred other things to say when he had gone!
I hope you get all your meds today and your cough eases.

Hoping your SiL is discharged soon NannyJan and good to hear you are getting out Lins.

Love to Gilly and hoping she got DH home.

Pantglas2 Wed 18-Dec-19 08:02:39

Morning all from a dark and windy north Wales where I’m back in bed after my yoga stretches with chamberpot of tea and DH purring softly!

Out early to deliver presents (and hopefully collect a few!) before a quick trim at my hairdresser friend’s and home for lunch.

Hope Mr Gillybob is back home and on the mend with proper home care and all of you under the weather feel better soon x

Yiayia4 Wed 18-Dec-19 08:03:19

Morning all frosty and clear in Surrey.
After having a virus, arthritis has kicked in so will need to up the meds as have a very busy few days.

Hairdressers first thing then picking up GS4 at lunch time for afternoon,we will go to the cemetery to put a Christmas plant on my parents grave.This evening will be going to GS3 Carol service at church(phew).
Hope Gilly has her DH home now and the hospital have done a care package!
Have a good Wednesday everyone.

Mapleleaf Wed 18-Dec-19 08:14:27

Good morning,

It's a cold, frosty morning here in South Yorkshire but not foggy where I am, thank goodness.

Helping at a carol concert later this morning, handing out refreshments and helping (!?) with the singing. I'm sure it will be lovely, despite my singing voice.

I managed to do the promised kitchen cupboard tops cleaning yesterday. My goodness, they do get greasy and grubby - I was ashamed. I think I might put some lining paper down on the tops of the cupboards and see if that makes the cleaning task a bit easier for next time.

Enjoy your Motown trip tonight mick. I'm sure you will have a good time.

Hoping gilly manages to get her DH home but also manages to get some support - it's going to be hard work to start with. ?

Hope today is a good one, and anyone under the weather or feeling sad, I send my best wishes and hope today brings respite.

Grammaretto Wed 18-Dec-19 08:30:22

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. I've slept in. Sorry for all those who cant sleep or suffering Christmas stress.
Gardening at 9am so I had better get up and catch some light. Lunch with friends later around the fire - indoors.
I hope that Giĺlybob has DH safely home now.

Marydoll Wed 18-Dec-19 08:50:09

My lovely future son in law has just phoned to say he has been to the pharmacy and has all my prescriptions.

He knew I was stressing about going for them and trying to fit it in with hosp appts etc.
He is definitely a keeper!
A good start to the day, I shall have to repay his kindess on. grin.