Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(51 Posts)
12Michael Fri 20-Dec-19 06:27:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet here in Brackley this morning, my usual shop this morning.
We have a pie shop in the town , and they bake there own pies , I have ordered a family size one for next week when I go away on Xmas Eve.
Mick

cornergran Fri 20-Dec-19 06:36:33

Morning Mick, morning All dark and wet in our corner of Somerset. Truly tired of grey skies now. Not sure what today will bring. Painful back so nothing athletic Hope Friday is kind to everyone and poorly people improve.

Pantglas2 Fri 20-Dec-19 06:39:21

Morning Mick and all who follow from a dry north Wales. Talk of pies has made me think I might get a couple when we trot along to our local bakery for a sourdough loaf later!

Lazy day for me today - just ferrying DH this evening when he goes for a curry/beers with his brother.

Hope all unwell are on the mend and everyone has a good day x

DoraMarr Fri 20-Dec-19 06:45:32

Good morning from a still dark Birmingham. I’m going to my local M&S this morning for some Christmassy food for my unexpected visitors on Christmas Day, then I will meet a friend for coffee. My partner, my daughter and her children are coming for lunch, and she will leave the two year old with me for the night. It will be nice to see his baby sister. I haven’t seen her for a week while I have had this virus, and from her photos she looks to have grown, and is a real smiler now!
Corner gran , I hope your back eases. The shortest day is tomorrow, after that the days get longer and brighter.

Lins1066 Fri 20-Dec-19 06:46:54

Good Morning Mick and corner and all who follow.
It is a very wet start here too on the S Welsh coast.
We will go and do a Sainsbury's shop later today.
Christmas preparations are low key this year but we have a real tree as usual and will finish decorating it today.
Thinking of everyone with worries and problems ?
Hope your back improves corner.

Urmstongran Fri 20-Dec-19 06:47:08

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s dark and mild. I’ve been awake since 4am. Woke up after a bad dream which was unsettling but silly, but I could not get back to sleep. Annoying.

I’m on standby to mind our little granddaughter who was poorly yesterday afternoon, if our son in law has work today. He will find out at 7am. That was one of the daft things that kept me awake. I bet he slept like a log.

If I’m not needed, I’m meeting a friend for lunch whose husband died in the spring and she is struggling, poor lady. After that I have a wash and blow booked at the hair salon (which I need to cancel if I’m minding the granddaughter - another stupid ‘nothing’ that kept me awake with a busy mind!).

Oh well, I shall sleep tonight.

Hope Friday is good to us all whether we have plans or (like me) don’t know what’s happening yet! x

NfkDumpling Fri 20-Dec-19 06:50:36

Morning All

Very wet here in the north of Norfolk.

I may make another batch of mince pies - the first lot seem to have evaporated. Then call on a friend for coffee. Another one with a lazy day.

I hope all those who are struggling with health issues at the moment remember to take it easy too. Look after yourselves.

NannyJan53 Fri 20-Dec-19 06:50:51

Good Morning from a damp and grey Black Country. Fed up of continuous rain here too now.

Yesterday morning, I went to DGD4's school Christmas Carol concert in the village church. Then over to Mums for a spot of shopping in Wolverhampton. Then back to DD's to collect DGD4 from school.

Good news is that SIL came home from Hospital last night. He will have to have an eye test and contact DVLA before driving again though. He is self employed so needs to drive to get to his customers. Fingers crossed he will be able to drive soon. I imagine their Labrador went crazy when he arrived home! It is almost 2 weeks since he went to Hospital

Hair appointment today the 3 months highlights smile and as my hairdresser is near DD's will pop over to see SIL.

Best wishes to all who are facing challenging times, especially gilly and dragonfly

Nannytopsy Fri 20-Dec-19 07:11:28

God morning Mick and everyone who follows. Slept well last night, so awake early. It is very wet and still dark in Suffolk with just a hint of light in the sky. DD & SiL arrive tomorrow to bring us their dog for her hols, so our cat is off to the cattery tomorrow morning. Lots of cooking today, ready for a special meal tomorrow night.
Hope everyone has a good day

NanKate Fri 20-Dec-19 07:22:00

Morning Mick and All.

It’s going to be wet here in South Bucks again ! I’m sick of this relentless down pour but am grateful I live on a hill.

99% finished wrapping gifts, phew !

Off to the dentist again to have the dental procedure checked again as I still have a dull ache after 2 weeks.

Glad your SinL will be out today NannyJ ?

vena11 Fri 20-Dec-19 07:32:50

Good Morning everyone and all who follow from a still dark Bristol.
Terrible nights sleep again and up now and will probably want a sleep in an hour.
Dinner out tonight with some old work friends with a lot to catch up with, the night just wont be long enough.
I hope everyone has a good day.

Marydoll Fri 20-Dec-19 07:42:26

Good morning all from a damp Glasgow.

NannyJan5, that must be a relief to have SIL home, I hope he gets back on the road again soon. So stressful for you all.
Painful back and painful teeth are so debilitating, hope you all (including Gilly) get some relief from it.

I'm off to Edinburgh today with DH, DD and future SIL. This trip has been cancelled three times, due to me being unwell, so I'm looking forward to it.
Last Christmas' trip was a disaster, torrential rain, low temperatures and I had a terrible chest infection, but I didn't want to spoil it for everyone, by calling off.

As soon as I'm on the train, I will have to chase up even more missing medication! Despite the surgery online service stating it has been approved, no-one knows where the medication is. ?I'm becoming increasingly stressed about this shambles, for that is what it is, a total shambles.
It's certainly not doing my angina much good!

I spent yesterday going from the surgery to the pharmacy and back again, looking for a missing precription.
Well at least I can tell the cardiac clinic on Monday, that I'm gettting plenty exercise! grin

Enjoy your day, whatever your plans and for those who are struggling flowers

kittylester Fri 20-Dec-19 07:43:35

Morning all from a dry (for the moment) North Leicestershire.

I have ironing to do and I really will finish my wrapping. I really will finish my wrapping. I really will .....

We had a bit of a panic yesterday.
I was in all day and in the evening i had an email saying that I signed for a parcel that had been delivered at 4.50. I hadn't! It contained presents for 2 Dgds. Then our local 'Spotted' fb site had lots of reports of parcels going missing. The delivery company, Hermes, had taken on extra drivers over Christmas and the one for our village appears to have taken lots of them and disappeared. A lot of time was then spent looking for replacements that could delivered before Christmas. Now to try to get a refund!

ninathenana Fri 20-Dec-19 07:43:59

Morning all from very windy and wet Kent.
It's not nice out there at all. I have to do the last big food shop this morning and this evening I'm taxi driver for DD as it's her works "do".
Enjoy your days.

Grammaretto Fri 20-Dec-19 07:49:03

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's still too dark to tell what kind of day but mild.
I'm also on standby to help with DGC which means I may forfeit our yoga end of term lunch.
I have almost finished decorating the tree too lins so it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
I'm glad to hear that those who were sick are at last in recovery. Keep well everyone.

Marydoll Fri 20-Dec-19 07:50:40

Kitty, the same thing happened to us in our town. Our postman told me yesterday that a Hermes driver had loaded up his van with parcels and then disappeared.
My three children get all their parcels delivered here, so I had to message them to alert them, in case any had gone missing.
What a horrible thing to do to anyone.
My DH told me that when the Amazon driver arrived yesterday, that he had crammed so much in his van, that the door jammed. As he yanked it to get it open, the door fell off! ?
Apparently the poor man couldn't work out how to get back to the depot for a replacement van, without all the parcels spilling out.

Resurgam123 Fri 20-Dec-19 08:04:03

Good Morning all. Its dark out side and looks cloudy.
I am feeling really rough at present. A good nights sleep would be helpful.
I feel I am falling apart.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 20-Dec-19 08:04:28

Good morning from east London, wet and mild out there today. We are clear of workmen (five and a half months of having somebody here). Only the bedroom carpet to be done and that will be next year but I can cope with that. I feel like I’ve tapped my red shoes and I’m home again. Planning this morning to drop off a seat/bed cushion to DSS as she’s planning on moving stuff this weekend from her mum’s to her flat in StLeonards. While we’re passing will drop into Ikea (which I may regret) to expand on my saucepan collection. I am playing tennis tonight, my first time this week unless the arrival of DD’s new sofa sends her into labour. Have the best day you can.

dragonfly46 Fri 20-Dec-19 08:14:47

Good morning everybody.

Pleased your SiL is out of hospital NannyJan.

Sorry to hear about your medication Mary I hope you manage to get it before Christmas. My DH has the same problem.

I waited four weeks for a parcel from Hermes Kitty and after they had delivered it they sent me an email asking how they had done! I certainly told them.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 20-Dec-19 08:16:11

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Off to Heathrow today to take eldest GD for her flight (home is Kenya at the moment) we shall be sad as we have only had one full day wth her, but happy that she will be with AS and DIL for Christmas..

Keep safe and out of trouble folks (especially Marydoll) all those feeling poorly hope you are feeling better soon.

harrigran Fri 20-Dec-19 08:18:21

Good morning from a damp NE.
It is DH's birthday and he is opening his cards with a cuppa.
We are going out to dinner with the family tonight, DD arrived in the UK yesterday for two weeks so we will get to catch up.
Best wishes to the gillybobs, home comforts and favourite meals make such a difference.

Urmstongran Fri 20-Dec-19 08:28:47

Seems I’m not needed for childcare.
?

Treenymph Fri 20-Dec-19 08:41:29

Good morning all from a very soggy north norfolk. During dog walk discovered that two of the hedgehogs boxes are on the point of flooding so about to crawl under a Bush with a straw bale to build a dam around them. The dogs have gone back to bed which says it all really. Hope your day improves resurgam these dark dank days can be miserable will be thinking of you.

Auntieflo Fri 20-Dec-19 08:44:43

Good morning MIchael, Annie and all you very busy GN's that have signed in . What busy lives some of you lead, I take my hat off to you all, especially the ones that manage to do child care.
DH had a better night last night, thank goodness, I was worried about him.
I did make a dozen mince pies yesteday, but popped them straight into the freezer when they had cooled. I also made a Canadian fruit cake, instead of a traditional christmas cake, and it's looking and smelling good.
Had my hair trimmed yesterday morning, and realised when I got there, that I was 30 mins late! Then went shopping and met a friend that I hadn't seen for a couple of months.
DD called in the evening, surprise, they were doing a present drop off/parcel round, so she didn't stay.
Best of wishes to all those who hhave been poorly, and hoping that Gillybob is managing.
Have a good day one and all

GrannyGravy13 Fri 20-Dec-19 08:47:21

harrigran I am such a bad wife, it is Mr.Gravys birthday today, just put his card on his pillow for him to find when he brings the tea up tchblush

If the M25 is kind to us we have an early evening reservation in our local restaurant.