Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(48 Posts)
12Michael Fri 27-Dec-19 06:16:10

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry at the moment here in Brackley this morning.
Nice short break in Market Drayton at my sisters , did usual things at xmas.
Now back to normal in a way as its between Xmas and New Year, so some places will be open and some will not.
Mick

NanKate Fri 27-Dec-19 06:52:28

Morning Mick and All to follow.

Glad your trip to your sister’s was a success.

We are in darkest Sussex. Don’t think we will have rain today.

I can hear our 2 DGSs giggling with their friend in the next bedroom. An 8 and two 6 year olds together in one room over night and all boys, must mean soon they will be noisily careering round the house and playing with their presents. I’ve left their breakfast ready so hopefully they can help themselves whilst I have my cuppa.

Off to the Pantomime in Worthing, hope it is as good as last year, then we will play on the beach skimming stones. It will be a full on day.

Enjoy whatever you are doing and hope those feel better who are poorly.

gillybob Fri 27-Dec-19 07:12:28

Good morning from the North East coast . Still pitch dark here but been awake most of the night .

So glad to hear your had a nice break with your sister Mick and are now getting back to normal .

Oh you are a glutton for punishment with an 8 year old and two 6 year old boys in one room NanKate I bet there hasn’t been a great deal of sleeping going on . I used to love lying listening to my lot chattering away first thing and daring each other to “wake me” ......

DH has had a very bad night again. In a lot of pain and up and down most of the time. He’s sleeping now and I am on to my 3rd cup of tea.

Thinking of those feeling sad or poorly and wishing for some much needed sunshine

Hope everyone has as good a Friday as possible .

Love Gillybob x

Resurgam123 Fri 27-Dec-19 07:14:35

Hello Mick good to see you are back.
Cold and dark in Cheshire.
And I am certainly not going out to see any more about the weather, at this time of morning. I have not yet had my tea.
[
?? have a good day.

Greyduster Fri 27-Dec-19 07:21:57

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Glad you had a nice Christmas, Mick. It is still dark in Cornwall and we are getting ready to go home. We both wish we were going straight back to Yorkshire but we have to make a detour into Wales to see DH’s sisters. Sorry to hear your DH is still struggling, Gilly. I hope things will improve for you both. Have a good day folks.

Beechnut Fri 27-Dec-19 07:22:55

Good Morning everyone from the other side of Severnside. It’s very dark and I can’t see whether it’s wet, damp or dry.

DD and I travelled back to her house from Devon yesterday in some nasty weather. SiL coming home today with the dog and I’m going back to my home.

I expect we will all be getting back to normal today so whatever you do enjoy it ??

Grammaretto Fri 27-Dec-19 07:31:34

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Still dark and wet.
Glad you had a nice Christmas Mick.
You are a glutton for punishment NanKate wink
I hope Mr Gilly has some sleep later on. In a perfect world a doctor would visit and he could be assessed for readiness for his operation.
I was glad to read how well you coped with Christmas Gilly, I am full of admiration.

We had a wonderful time with DD and the weans.
My Dsis and BiL arrive today so no rest for the wicked.

Urmstongran Fri 27-Dec-19 07:31:35

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s still dark but dry. I can see the sky is beginning to lighten over the Pennines.

Our eldest daughter and her partner return from Germany this lunchtime. They drove over to see us all pre Christmas so they will have lunch with us and then drive back home to Yorkshire. They have had a lovely time with his family. His grandma (Omi) is 93y and he is her only grandchild so I know these visits are precious to them all.

Good to have you back Mick. I’m glad you enjoyed your Christmas with your sister.

So sorry to hear your news gillybob. Is your husband due to see any of his medical team anytime soon? As it’s a ‘normal’ Friday perhaps you could ring the secretary of his consultant and get to have a word with him today for advice. I hope the poor man gets some sleep now. Try and close your eyes too later? You need to keep your strength up as all this must be physically and emotionally draining.

I hope Friday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Gingster Fri 27-Dec-19 07:37:13

Good morning from Essex, very dark this morning but not raining. Horrid day yesterday, weather wise, but jolly indoors with the family. We had a lovely Boxing Day with everyone well and in good form. Off to Suffolk today for a week with friends coming for the weekend. Safe journey to all those travelling .

Urmstongran Fri 27-Dec-19 07:37:44

Just taken this photograph. The sunrise is just starting. The sky is a beautiful deep apricot.

The railway station I mention sometimes is in the foreground just across the road. The line runs into Manchester Oxford Road one way and Liverpool Lime Street t’other.

dragonfly46 Fri 27-Dec-19 07:42:27

Good morning from a dark Leicestershire.

I have my 4th chemo today which will mean I am half way through.

Sorry to hear your poor DH is still suffering gilly
I hope you get a date for his operation soon.

Pantglas2 Fri 27-Dec-19 07:44:52

Morning all from a dark but dry north Wales where I’m sat up in bed awaiting my chamberpot of tea which DH volunteered to fetch! It means not doing my yoga which I suppose won’t matter if I miss it once, will it?

Off to the shops to spend some vouchers then home for lunch and possibly a snooze! Hope you and your DH catch up with a nap Gillybob- sounds a bit 2forward, 1back at the moment!

Take care everyone x

cornergran Fri 27-Dec-19 07:49:17

Morning Mick, morning All from a dark, damp corner of Somerset. Drizzly rain I think. Yuck. Good to have you back mick and to know you enjoyed your stay with your sister. Bit of a tidy and clean here today. Nothing too drastic, there’s a book or three waiting to be read. You’re so determined to care for your husband gilly but please don’t forget yourself, rest when you can. How are the dental issues? Special thoughts to those with health or other worries, safe journeys for the travellers and a hope that Friday is kind to everyone.

Nannytopsy Fri 27-Dec-19 07:49:28

Morning all! The alarm has just gone off to get us moving. DH has an almost healed ulcer on his leg but from all the leakage I think he has a new one on his foot. The bandages have been rubbing over the holiday. Grr!
First job is to get an appointment today for redressing.
Then we want to order a new suite for the sitting room.
Later it is the big shop as we have 5 coming to stay and another 5 coming to eat over the weekend.
Who said it’s all over?!
Good days to you all!

Alygran Fri 27-Dec-19 07:56:07

Good morning from Derbyshire. Still in bed at DD2’s.
Had a lovely day yesterday when DD1, SIL and DGS came for lunch here. Hilarious afternoon playing cheat monopoly.
Off home today laden with presents!
Sorry you had little sleep Gilly. Hope things improve soon for DH. How is your face and poorly mouth?
Dragonfly my thoughts are with you.
Safe travels Greyduster and others on the move.
Wishing everyone a good day.

kittylester Fri 27-Dec-19 08:01:05

Morning all from my bitvozf Leicestershire where it is just starting to get light.

DD3 and co are still here but going shopping and meeting friends this morning so dh and I are going to take the opportunity to see whether there are any furniture bargains to be had for our proposed lounge refurbishment.

Marydoll Fri 27-Dec-19 08:12:23

Good morning all from a damp Glasgow, 6 degrees C
I'm glad to see you back, Mick

Dragonfly, I hope all goes well today, without too many side effects.

I have to get my bloods done this morning, but I can't be bothered going, I don't feel too good........... now if it were the Sales, that's another matter, I could probably force myself. tchgrin
I spent a good deal of yesterday in bed feeling awful and much of the night awake.
What a waste of a Day, Boxing Day is my favourite, time to chill and potter about.

DH is going to give me a lift, as he has to visit an old aunt to tell her that her sister in law in the USA had died. I think there was some kind of falling out and they lost contact.
DH is dreading it, as she is not the most welcoming of people. I'm trying to be diplomatic here. wink

Gilly, I'm sorry to hear your husband has had such a bad night and I hope your tooth is improving.

Safe journey for all those travelling, enjoy your day, whatever your plans.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 27-Dec-19 08:17:37

Good morning from east London, looks a bit cloudy out there but no rain. DP’s sister and her son are calling in this afternoon on their way to Southend; first time they’ve seen each other since their brother’s death so I I’m imagine there’ll be some tears. However, DD with our GD and DP are also coming over so that will be a diversion. Some grocery shopping to be done for lunch and after they’ve all moved on, I’m playing tennis at 7. Given DD is approaching her due date, everything I arrange has the proviso ‘unless I’m diverted to Newham maternity wing’ as I’m a birth partner. Hope you have a satisfactory day.

Yiayia4 Fri 27-Dec-19 08:21:28

Morning all cloudy but dry in Surrey.
We had a lovely Christmas Day and Boxing Day with DS1, DS2 and family's, now for a relaxing day catching up with t.v and eating chocolate!

Hope your DH has a better day Gilly thinking of you Dragonfly hope everyone has a pleasant day.

BlueSapphire Fri 27-Dec-19 08:23:51

Good morning all from a dull damp Northampton; at least it's not raining.
Had a nice lunch out yesterday with DS and family, then back to me for drinks and chocolate!
Sainsbury's delivery at lunchtime then I may pop out to the shops this afternoon. One of the DGDs is coming to the rugby with me tomorrow and I want to make sure she has some thick warm socks in case of cold feet. Need to put a curry in the slow cooker first though.
Hoping today goes well for all.

Grandad1943 Fri 27-Dec-19 08:41:35

Good Morning from North Somerset where it is dull and damp but brightened up because it is my birthday. ?

My wife and I are going to have a quiet day today after a lovely Christmas, with the rest of the family laying on "a spread" tomorrow.

So, looking forward to it all. ???

NannyJan53 Fri 27-Dec-19 08:43:02

Good Morning from a dull and grey Black Country.

After a lovely Christmas with family, and yesterday with DS. I have a day to do as I please! Partner is going over to Coventry to see his daughter who is visiting her Mum. His DD lives in London, and his other DD (twins) lives in Bristol but she is in away in Italy . It was so lovely to see my Niece Christmas Day who has been in Australia since May. Great to hear about her adventures there.

So lovely to hear children giggling NanKate I think you are in for a 'full on' day!

kitty I hope you saw my late reply to you?

Love to gilly Lins and Marydoll

Lins1066 Fri 27-Dec-19 08:44:32

Good Morning from a dryish S Welsh coast.
Enjoying my cuppa in bed, slept very fitfully.
DH and DS going to a funeral this morning.

I will be thinking of you today dragonfly
Hope you feel better*Marydoll*, I'm sorry that you missed Boxing Day.
Also I hope that Susan's husband feels better today.
For gilly ?

Hope everyone will have a good day and a safe one for the travellers, especially greyduster

Lins1066 Fri 27-Dec-19 08:47:43

Happy Birthday Grandad1943 ? and welcome if new.
Also welcome to Gingster.

harrigran Fri 27-Dec-19 08:51:24

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Yesterday was spent watching TV and eating frugally as tummy was sore.
Nothing planned for today, GC away with their parents for a few days. Relaxed mealtimes and feet up.
Sorry to hear Mr gillybob had a bad night, rest when you can gilly.