Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(51 Posts)
12Michael Sun 29-Dec-19 06:10:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry here in Brackley this morning , quiet day for me.
Small shop, yesterday in Bicester Sainsburys was the reductions in confectionary side boxes of chocolates reduced massive price wise .
Mick

MawB Sun 29-Dec-19 06:19:41

Good morning Mick and all to come. Still pitch dark here in N Bucks.
A day of getting back to normal for me I think - too much sitting around with good food and drink, so maybe some exercise is called for. And I will be keeping well away from the reduced goodies in the sweets aisles and elsewhere grin
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

cornergran Sun 29-Dec-19 06:30:34

Morning Mick, Maw and All. Dark and looks dry in our corner of Somerset. Family day today, the kitchen looks as if we’re feeding the world. Can’t help wishing the germs had stayed away until tomorrow, especially for Mr C. No bargain chocolates for us, safer to leave them in the shop. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

NanKate Sun 29-Dec-19 07:28:29

Morning Mick Maw Corner and All.

Dark and slightly warmer in South Bucks.

Lost my voice yesterday but now I am back in my own home I will just pootle as Kitty would say. DH has offered to go and fill up our empty cupboards and I will keep knocking back the lemon, ginger and honey. I’m not complaining as there are many of our GM friends here with far worse ailments.

Will start to catch up on some telly programmes as I saw nothing with 3 young boys careering round at DS’s house. ???

ninathenana Sun 29-Dec-19 07:36:07

Morning everyone.
Just getting light in Kent with beautiful pink sky. What is not so beautiful is the flipping noisy pheasant ?? that has been calling for the last hour. I thought it was a dog at first.
Relaxing day for me, will probably start one of my new puzzles this afternoon.
Enjoy whatever your doing.

kittylester Sun 29-Dec-19 07:39:11

Morning all from a very dark North Leicestershire where it seems warm ish.

DH and DS1 are going to the football this afternoon also I'm back in catering mode - brunch for 3

After that I intend to sit down and not even pootle or faff. We are having fish and chips for tea as there is a chip shop near DS that does gf battered fish on Sundays.

Hope your throat is better soon, kate and have a super day corner.

Pantglas2 Sun 29-Dec-19 07:44:11

Morning all from a dark but dry north Wales where I’m enjoying the chamberpot of tea in bed! Will do more today of what I did yesterday- nothing!

I’ll be leaving the half price chocolate in the shops as well ladies - wots not in the house can’t be eaten! We seem to have dodged the various lurgies so far but hope you feel better soon nankate and cornergran.

A peaceful Sunday to all x

Ginny42 Sun 29-Dec-19 07:48:11

Good morning Mick. I could sell Sainsbury's some chocolate, but it's nice to indulge once in a while. I've been awake with my worry head on as we're going to an adventure playground today and GS doesn't have wellies. Worry, worry. Hope it's not rained near Preston in the last 24 hours.

It's fine here in Cheshire, but still dark out there. The house looks as though a bomb's hit it and I'm ignoring it. I'm just going to sit here with my cuppa. Then will get ready to go and meet friends at the park. The children will have fun and the adults will sit and catch up.

Hope everyone has a good day and those recovering from the lurgy feel better soon. Hope the poorly ones are recovering from treatments, the Gillybobs Marydoll,Dragonfly and anyone needing extra care.

Beechnut Sun 29-Dec-19 07:56:24

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is getting light and is dry by the looks of it.

Enjoyed my bangers and mash yesterday and have a pile of washing up to do as I didn’t do any yesterday.

I think I’ll change the sheets and do some washing and maybe potter in my craft room.

Get well soon to all the poorlies and enjoy the day to all ?

Nortsat46 Sun 29-Dec-19 08:04:37

Good morning Mick and the GM team ...
It seems lighter this morning than at this time yesterday. A hint of pink in the east London sunrise.

Easy day for me, following a disturbed, asthmatic night.

We saw a really good film yesterday called the Monuments Men about the rescue of art works from the Nazis. We recommend it.

Sending good thoughts to all those facing challenges and wishing everyone a pleasant Sunday. ?

Lins1066 Sun 29-Dec-19 08:12:45

Good morning Mick and all. Dry here on the South Welsh coast, looks like a fine morning in prospect.
Managed a short walk out yesterday and a coffee, hopefully will do the same today.
Hope everyone has a good day, enjoy your day with the family cornergran.

Grammaretto Sun 29-Dec-19 08:15:49

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it's blowing a hoolie! I listen to the forecast but it never seems to relate to us.
The younger generation held a wonderful party yesterday. It's the first year I've not had to do the preparation or anything apart from turn up.
I managed to buy extra theatre tickets when previously they were sold out. I suspect people have cancelled due to illness. I only hope we stay fit until next week.

Sorry for all those poorly and troubled. Have a happy day everybody.

Americanpie Sun 29-Dec-19 08:16:52

Morning all, barely light here up on the west coast of Scotland.
A windy and wet night but hopefully a bit drier than yesterday and we can get out for a walk. Hope you all enjoy the last Sunday of 2019.

Yiayia4 Sun 29-Dec-19 08:24:32

Morning all grey and dull here as usual.
Another one with the lurgy but need to do a shop today and catch up with washing,at least it's not raining!
Have a good day everyone healing thoughts to those that need them.

Marydoll Sun 29-Dec-19 08:25:59

Good morning Mick and all from very dark Glasgow, but at least it's not raining. Every cloud... and all that and it's certainly very cloudy.

A very quiet day for me too. DH is off to DS1's to watch the football with my other children and their partners, but I have decided to stay put.
It's very unlike me, but I don't feel up to being chief childminder, playing hide and seek, schools etc. for two hours, whilst the others sit relaxing.

I have had another bad night painwise (also kept awake by DH's persistant coughing) and am a very grumpy and unsociable old woman today!!! grin

Dragonfly, wishing you an easy day, with minimal side effects from your treatment, hoping that all those with the dreaded lurgy feel better soon and of course always thinking of the Gillybobs.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

EllanVannin Sun 29-Dec-19 08:29:34

Good Morning All x
I haven't a clue what it's doing out as I haven't put my nose out yet, but it's very still and quiet.
Went out like a light last night after a couple of late nights when step-D was here then the other night I hardly slept because the heart felt as though it was up in my neck and throat, so I'm ready for anything today.

Salad today to polish off that which won't keep then a good old chucking out session because I don't know what's in the 'fridge----hidden at the back.
I wish I'd left the dampish washing out as it would have dried instead of me dumping it on a chair in a heap.Never mind, I'll hang it out as soon as it's light again.

Place is like a bin so I'll get that sorted before the day's out. It looks worse with all the Christmas cards filling every gap on the sideboard and mantle-piece-----a few I haven't received sad so I'll have to adjust my address book and do a few crossings-out I think.

Roll on the lighter mornings and evenings, this darkness gets on my nerves and is the grimmest part of winter to my mind, such long nights.

Anyway, it's nearly all over bar the shouting and we'll soon be back to normal, if there is a normal hahaha.
Hoping everyone is okay and the Gillybob's had a better night xx.

Have a good and peaceful day everyone.

Marydoll Sun 29-Dec-19 08:34:26

Welcome, to a fellow Scot (?) Americanpie, not seen you posting before on this thread!

Alygran Sun 29-Dec-19 08:38:45

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Grey and dry here so far.
DGS is up and playing a card football game on his phone. Both DDs are still asleep!
Bacon sandwiches or croissants for breakfast then roast beef lunch before they go home later.
Pub quiz for me this evening.
Sorry to hear you had another bad night Marydoll. Hope your peaceful day helps.
Thinking of Gilly and Dragonfly.
Hope today is kind to everyone.

Mommawolf Sun 29-Dec-19 08:40:12

Good morning all its a grey still daybreak in my part of norfolk. Dh just discovered that our baby alpaca has managed to bang his head and cut his face, nothing drastic but now have to catch him and hold him down whilst DH fixes him. Then after church a quiet Sunday lunch and if the weather holds a long afternoon walk with the dogs. First another cup of tea before I go zebadee chasing. Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday.

Auntieflo Sun 29-Dec-19 08:40:33

Just wrote a long-ish post and lost it! previewed, but forgot to press post.
So Good morning Michael, Annie to come and all.
I don't know what it's like outside as DH hasn't opened the curtains yet, but he did bring me my morning cup of tea. As Sunday is the day I take my weekly tablet, it tasted better, for having to wait for it.
After Church, we are going to DD for lunch. Her MIL and partner will be there, as will DGS and his new girl friend, so lots of catch up chat, lovely.
I made an apple cake to take for dessert, so hope it tastes alright, as it was the first time I had made it.
Marydoll would be proud of me, as there was a bit of a to-do.
I put it in the oven, then realised I had forgotten to mix in the melted butter. So out it came, I mixed it all together, and popped it back in. It rose well and looks OK, but we shall see. It should have had a layer of apple in the middle and flaked almonds on top. Now it is all a hodge podge, but with a dollop of brandy cream, should be edible. smile
To the Gillybobs and all who are unwell or struggling, have a peaceful day.

BlueSapphire Sun 29-Dec-19 08:42:53

Good morning all from a dull but dry Northampton. I have put the Christmas tree lights on to brighten up the room.
I shall be doing nothing today except catch up with the weekend papers, do the crosswords and puzzles, and watch some stuff I recorded over Christmas.
Rugby was good yesterday as we beat Gloucester 33-26. I think DGD enjoyed her first visit to a match, especially as she had sausage and chips, followed by a doughnut! I stuck to red wine......
Best wishes to all for a good day.

Greyduster Sun 29-Dec-19 08:53:25

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. We are home, and it is a drear, misty start to our South Yorkshire day. It is quiet (yessss!), and calm. No more forty mile an hour winds and roaring Cornish waves and lashing rain and horrendous traffic jams. Back to simple meals and watching what you like on the tv. And it is quiet (did I already say that??). But we miss our boy already! Have a good day folks folks.

vena11 Sun 29-Dec-19 09:02:43

Good morning from another dry day in Bristol . I had the DGC last night so I have been up too early and now we have had breakfast, they are sitting quite, for how long I wonder. I hope all have a good day.

Mapleleaf Sun 29-Dec-19 09:04:57

Good morning all,

It's another grey, dull morning here - if only we could have a bit of sunshine things would look so much better.

Had a lovely evening out with family last night. It started with a meal out and then on to see a show, the tickets were a Christmas present from niece and nephew. It was so nice to all be together, and I thought the Christmas gift of tickets was a wonderful idea.

Today will be a much quieter affair, with no plans as such other than church this morning and perhaps a walk out to stretch the legs.

I hope everyone has a good day, and anyone feeling unwell, I hope today brings improvement.

Anniebach Sun 29-Dec-19 09:05:54

Good morning Auntyflo and all x